Shell Game (Night 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1574, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1564, Firebagel wrote:
In post 1554, Firebringer wrote: Okay since morph doesn't want my vote i leave it open to the game.
Guess what cheese im thinking of u become a double voter for 48 hours
Gouda

this is totally scripted in a scum pt
pretending like u didn't script it for us smh
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:18 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1573, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1570, marcistar wrote: Image

BUT LOOK
you wait long enough and marci will scumclaim
theres also a harbor card but thats actually in the battlepass

LIKE TELL ME THE 6TH ONE IS NOT THE HOTTEST THING EVER IM FUCKING EQUIPPING IT THE SECOND I GET IT
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:21 am

Post by morph the cat »

I try to avoid giving money to Riot Games for ethical reasons, sorry, this doesn't resonate with me.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:22 am

Post by marcistar »

yeah all together this is well over 100 but its worth it!!!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:23 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 675, morph the cat wrote:
In post 671, Sunflower wrote: i wanna explain things but some people don't like that for some reason zzzzzzzzz

:blossom:
I think I kinda want to hear from each of you five, your read list ONLY on the other four, in order.
Hmm

Town

ActionDan

Sunflower

Klick

Marci

Scum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:25 am

In post 706, morph the cat wrote: There must be some REALLY good STD posts inside the hood to shape some of those hood reads, because not really seeing it from the outside.
What do you think smile
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:26 am

Post by Dunnstral »

This game requires you to have an anticheat software that runs at level 0 (kernel mode) of your computer and has to be active from the moment you launch your computer.

It's too invasive for me to consider playing that game. Very good at it's job, I'm sure, but with this level of access I'd expect to be playing in a tournament or something, for real money, not a casual game.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:27 am

In post 718, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 365, Save The Dragons wrote: felt like getting off ActionDan based on something said in the hood

picked morph for funzies
whenever youre dragons around can you talk abt this more?
I am Dragons around

It had to do with the slow realization that we were playing dethy in our hood, yes.

Morph vote is still for funzies
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:29 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1404, Spiffeh wrote: ^ that is a Town post
spiffeh is so townie i had the exact same though lol
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:30 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1581, Dunnstral wrote: This game requires you to have an anticheat software that runs at level 0 (kernel mode) of your computer and has to be active from the moment you launch your computer.

It's too invasive for me to consider playing that game. Very good at it's job, I'm sure, but with this level of access I'd expect to be playing in a tournament or something, for real money, not a casual game.
bro it doesnt even work i see tiktoks all the time of people still being able to use the hacks theyre so desperately trying to get out.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:42 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1439, Dannflor wrote: also I feel like marci misunderstood things at first and that caused her to scum read ActionDan and then later she understood things better but had no discernable change in her ActionDan read
I did not misunderstand things.
I'm just slow.

I was posting in the thread without actually reading the title, and i thought i was the only one with this role in there so i thought the info we were provided with it was sus how actiondan could ever assume "0 or 1" scum in the hood. specifically the 0 part raised my eyebrow. and esp before i even posted in there.

so i called it out.

but then somebody (i think dunnstral?) explained it in a way that makes alot more sense to me than what i had to
tell my hoodmates to dumb down
and i realized susing for very specifically the "0 or 1" was a bad and dumb reason. so i unvoted.

and i haven't revoted yet because a) im scared ill be biased by actiondans blatant tunneling on me. b) im trying to mull over if i really do think actiondan is scum as opposed to maybe dragons? i really don't think its klick or sunflowers. but granted nobody has posted since i last posted in the hood. actiondan/dragons are both not really using it to its potential. iwish they would so it could help progress my reads >.>

susing me for being slow is dumb.

if you're susing me for this playstyle switch though, 100% valid and i was expecting that coming into this.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1403, Klick wrote: I'm going to refresh tonight. I had a really stressful time last night and this morning, and some of that was due to this game, but most of that was external and me projecting that into this.

I'm finding the push on myself overwhelming. I don't particularly like or enjoy playing to expectation. I also dislike the infrequent-but-significant wagon that grows on me early D1 simply for playing the way I play amongst certain groups of players.

If you have a question that you like, really really care about getting answered, ping me and I'll give it some attention before I refresh. But what I'd like to do tonight after the kids are asleep is go through and get a clearer perspective on the game.

I think I'm quite happy with the actual reads I've developed so far, but I'm going to make an effort to be more transparent as to the reasoning behind most of my reads. Some might change with reflection. My concern is that a number of people are going to poke and prod and otherwise invalidate my attempts at showing my work, not due to its actual content or potential accuracy, but simply due to disagreements in process. I'm not interested in getting into lengthy debates about the accuracy of my opinions or process, unless the goal is genuinely to come to a shared understanding on someone's alignment.

With that out of the way, see you all in like 3ish hours maybe
Can you go into how your reads of Cat Scratch Fever, Hermit Crab, and Lukewarm formed?
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:47 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 1571, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1569, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 1568, marcistar wrote: guys i have bad news
the new valorant battlepass is out
so i can no longer play properly
Please uninstall Valorant because clearly this game takes priority.

-Herr Mitt
:/
To be fair, I was going to say this regardless of what game was mentioned there.

-Herr Mitt
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1448, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1318, marcistar wrote: i think during pooky x oblivion. oblivion looks like REALLY bad. it sort of looks like its egging pooky on. While i really love the pop in from firebrigner, it seems so jokey and i feel like scums more likely to sit back while that spat was happening. i think overall that spat just screams that pookys town though, because of the reactions, and not really like actually placing blame, just trying to explain why what it did was wrong. it would've been really easy for scum pooky to just call oblivion scum and push that.

Brian skies if it does help within the hood i have the most posts then - sunflower - klick - dragon - actiondan
i think the post counts in the hood may make me a bit biased, but your reads here in that post pretty much align with mine. I think by far klick/sunflowers is more towny than the other 2.
I'm also curious how well you know catscratch..? Like what do you like about them, i know other people are used to their playstyle but i have no clue how much experience you have with them.
I agree that Oblivion looked as though they were egging Pooky on. I feel players of either alignment would get upset if they were being called manipulative and a snake they way Oblivion was doing it, but I can see why you would want to townread Pooky here. At the very least, I agree that Oblivion looks very bad from the exchange.

I do not think relative activity in a neighborhood is a good barometer of towniness/scumminess.

I don't know CSF. I liked their push against Oblivion early on, I agreed with some of their reads, and their posts feel like they're trying to figure things out. They also don't seem to just be relying on their miller claim.
I keep thinking back to pooky x oblivion because i feel like it will be very alignment discerning for the two. and i keep coming back to pooky!town oblivion!scum. i don't completely follow the people defending oblivion here, putting oblivion in their high trs. i feel like some of those people may be scum pushing to keep their buddy safe, or just straight not reading!! LOL
but do you think im tunneling here? ;-;

Ahh okay! I think your reasonings on catscatch do make sense, i was worried you were just following consensus there.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:51 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 1495, Lukewarm wrote: On one hand I feel like I need to reread this game to get a solid scum read of my own, and on the other hand I want to just wait for morph to do all the work for me and break out their super duper color coded entire player list read list

But either way, I don't currently know where I want my vote to be, and it feels stale where it is.
eats
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:52 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1567, Dunnstral wrote:
I do have a question for you. You were told that there were 4 sanities of cop that exist in this game, or something similar, correct? And yet there are 5 players claiming cop inventor in your neighborhood. How do you then believe that there could be 0 mafia in your neighborhood?
I think it's most likely that even if there is Mafia, they have the Inventor role
Otherwise we could just out them by... seeing who doesn't successfully send an Invention to their target

There are four sanities, but five Inventors
This is most likely true regardless of alignments
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:57 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1587, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 1571, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1569, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 1568, marcistar wrote: guys i have bad news
the new valorant battlepass is out
so i can no longer play properly
Please uninstall Valorant because clearly this game takes priority.

-Herr Mitt
:/
To be fair, I was going to say this regardless of what game was mentioned there.

-Herr Mitt
I'm giving you a pensive gaze because you didn't reply to my question when you came back to the thread.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:59 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1586, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1403, Klick wrote: I'm going to refresh tonight. I had a really stressful time last night and this morning, and some of that was due to this game, but most of that was external and me projecting that into this.

I'm finding the push on myself overwhelming. I don't particularly like or enjoy playing to expectation. I also dislike the infrequent-but-significant wagon that grows on me early D1 simply for playing the way I play amongst certain groups of players.

If you have a question that you like, really really care about getting answered, ping me and I'll give it some attention before I refresh. But what I'd like to do tonight after the kids are asleep is go through and get a clearer perspective on the game.

I think I'm quite happy with the actual reads I've developed so far, but I'm going to make an effort to be more transparent as to the reasoning behind most of my reads. Some might change with reflection. My concern is that a number of people are going to poke and prod and otherwise invalidate my attempts at showing my work, not due to its actual content or potential accuracy, but simply due to disagreements in process. I'm not interested in getting into lengthy debates about the accuracy of my opinions or process, unless the goal is genuinely to come to a shared understanding on someone's alignment.

Can you go into how your reads of Cat Scratch Fever, Hermit Crab, and Lukewarm formed?
How they formed? I can try
I feel like I've already sufficiently done this for CSF. CSF was a person of interest because I didn't feel like she came very close to clearing the level of towniness that she usually has as town. I've kinda liked some of her recent posts I think. But CSF has a pretty clear range

Hermit Crab seemed a bit high potential for scum but then started engaging with the main events and became obvtown

I remain unconvinced that Lukewarm is doing anything aside from posturing
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:00 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1588, marcistar wrote:
In post 1448, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1318, marcistar wrote: i think during pooky x oblivion. oblivion looks like REALLY bad. it sort of looks like its egging pooky on. While i really love the pop in from firebrigner, it seems so jokey and i feel like scums more likely to sit back while that spat was happening. i think overall that spat just screams that pookys town though, because of the reactions, and not really like actually placing blame, just trying to explain why what it did was wrong. it would've been really easy for scum pooky to just call oblivion scum and push that.

Brian skies if it does help within the hood i have the most posts then - sunflower - klick - dragon - actiondan
i think the post counts in the hood may make me a bit biased, but your reads here in that post pretty much align with mine. I think by far klick/sunflowers is more towny than the other 2.
I'm also curious how well you know catscratch..? Like what do you like about them, i know other people are used to their playstyle but i have no clue how much experience you have with them.
I agree that Oblivion looked as though they were egging Pooky on. I feel players of either alignment would get upset if they were being called manipulative and a snake they way Oblivion was doing it, but I can see why you would want to townread Pooky here. At the very least, I agree that Oblivion looks very bad from the exchange.

I do not think relative activity in a neighborhood is a good barometer of towniness/scumminess.

I don't know CSF. I liked their push against Oblivion early on, I agreed with some of their reads, and their posts feel like they're trying to figure things out. They also don't seem to just be relying on their miller claim.
I keep thinking back to pooky x oblivion because i feel like it will be very alignment discerning for the two. and i keep coming back to pooky!town oblivion!scum. i don't completely follow the people defending oblivion here, putting oblivion in their high trs. i feel like some of those people may be scum pushing to keep their buddy safe, or just straight not reading!! LOL
but do you think im tunneling here? ;-;

Ahh okay! I think your reasonings on catscatch do make sense, i was worried you were just following consensus there.
It thinks you're the one not reading, to be honest. Rather, if it had to ask a question, why are you asking a player who already agrees with you if you have a bias instead of engaging with the slots who town read it to try and FIND the scum you think are protecting it or at least understand their arguments?

To it, it feels like you have decided that you don't like it's posting style and called it a robot and then sort of just ran with that to be scum. It hasn't seen a single justification for why you think it is scum, just that again, you don't like the way it speaks.

It is pretty certain you are town here, so dealing with you in this game is going to be incredibly demoralizing, so for the sake of its sanity it is asking you to at least try to have an open mind and discuss with people who think it is town about why they think it is town. From your PoV, it can't hurt right? Either you get to find the supposed scum who are protecting me or try to convince townies who are wrong about me in your eyes that you are right. And perhaps you end up not having a wrong read and changing your mind and not spending an entire game death tunneling it until one of us dies.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:13 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1592, Klick wrote:
In post 1586, morph the cat wrote:

How they formed? I can try
I feel like I've already sufficiently done this for CSF. CSF was a person of interest because I didn't feel like she came very close to clearing the level of towniness that she usually has as town. I've kinda liked some of her recent posts I think. But CSF has a pretty clear range

How did you feel initially about CSF's miller claim? How did you feel about Pooky's ascetic claim?
Hermit Crab seemed a bit high potential for scum but then started engaging with the main events and became obvtown

high potential? Was there a post of Hermit Crab's that flipped your read?
I remain unconvinced that Lukewarm is doing anything aside from posturing

What did you think of the way he buttonholed me? Of our interaction?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:15 pm

In post 1011, morph the cat wrote: @5 person hood, can ideally two of you independently ask the mod if your sanity flips on death, and report back?
Not sure who all had answered yet but it doesn't
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:47 pm

Post by Firebagel »

In post 1563, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1517, Firebagel wrote: Yeah, I don't know Firebringer well enough to actually keep it up, but that was definitely the idea.

But what is my 'usual' playstyle? Does Oblivion seem accurate in describing it from what it's seen here?
By "usual" playstyle, I meant that you're not trying to deliberate obfuscate your posting. For the most part you're posting things you would normally post on your main

And hmm, it's right that you're lighthearteded at times and you'll generally say what's on your mind, but I don't think you're "off the cuff." I think Oblivion's thought process was typed up quickly and checks out enough that I think it's real though
You realize this doesn't really give me enough to be able to assess your thoughts here. :?
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:49 pm

Post by Firebagel »

In post 1566, Firebringer wrote: VOTE: Dannflor
sorry the cheese has spoken.
Yeaaaah!!!!

Now I just need like at least half a dozen more people to offer their votes in exchange for an obvious answer and maybe someone will have to actually care about my existence! :o
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:51 pm

In post 1295, ActionDan wrote: StD's hood posts are natural enough, and his revelations did come with his unvote of me. This isnt impossible to fake. This would have been well past the very very short window scum *might* not have figured out the setup . I would like to know why he initially voted me.
That was so long ago, I dont remember
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:58 pm

In post 1374, Sunflower wrote: sort of :neutral_face: at the part where i asked her in hood why she said she had a powerful role and her answer was like, oh i thought cop was powerful?

:blossom:
This also concerned me

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”