Shell Game (Night 2)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I've got townleans of various degrees on Firebagel, Pooky, Sunflower, Dunn, and Spiffeh.

I've got scumleans of various degrees on Shello, STD, Dan, and Morph.

Then we've also got confirmed scum Firepup.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 149, Spiffeh wrote: Ok the site is too laggy for me to keep refreshing the thread so I will instead devote my time to casing someone on page 6!
In post 102, Sunflower wrote:
In post 96, morph the cat wrote:
In post 94, morph the cat wrote: I have similar concerns about fireisredsir.
*WE* have concerns, simultaneously and independently!

Fire seems to have taken the "Jupiter in a scum slot fluffyness" and made it a part of himself right now. And I don't like it one little itty bitty bit.

Grrrrrrr.
i was fluffier entering kemusan which you both saw so this is an interesting take

:blossom:
In post 116, Sunflower wrote:
In post 112, morph the cat wrote: What has snagged your attention so far?
actiondan is interesting to me. feel safe leaning town for now i think although scum is possible

pooky a little towny

dunn a little towny although his willingness to elaborate so much on reads already was quite surprising to me. i don't think it's scummy though, just surprising

y'all i think feel eager to dig into things which is probably a good enough sign for now that id rather let you do that, although i think the point on me is one that feels misapplied

if i were to put a bet on a scum rn i think id guess STD. that's based on almost nothing however id still take the pookybucks

firebagel feels likely to be readable given time so not worried there rn

:blossom:
I don't like either of the above from Sunflower

The first deflects morph's (imo valid) point about their fluffiness by mentioning one game where they were fluffy early on as town. By mentioning this, it demonstrates that they are aware of their town meta and therefore should have no problem replicating it, so I'm not sure the purpose of even saying this other than to try to get morph off their back.

The second post feels like scum artificially inflating the word count to look like they have substantial thoughts, idk how to really articulate it but it feels insecure to me. The ActionDan read is basically "I think town but he could be scum" which is very non-committal, so what's the point of including it in the first place? The comments about morph and STD follow this same pattern, though less explicitly. It feels like they felt the need to pad their response to morph to make it look like they were thinking about the game critically and it resulted into a bunch of "reads" that don't actually tell me anything.

These, along with their not so stellar (but not quite irredeemable!) early posts makes me happy with my vote on them.

@Sunflower:
1. What makes morph and Dunn's takes about your fluffiness "interesting" and how does this inform your read on them?
2. Can you go into more detail on the ActionDan read?
Quoting for pagetop and visibility!

PEdit: FUCK
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:43 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Brian can you explain why you are townreading Sunflower?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I like Sunflower's entrance vote and early game banter. It feels natural to me.

I also liked the big post that you don't. I had some agreement with some of the reads.

But I can see why you have issue with it.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 146, Oblivion wrote: To those who have expressed town reads on it, can it ask for a deeper look into the why behind those sentiments from each of you, for the purpose of its mental models?

For CSF, can you explain which of the questions it asked gave that reaction and why?
your questions feel like you're trying to probe but are latching onto the wrong things in a way that feels +scum. It's mostly gut but I'll try to articulate-
Spoiler:
In post 101, Oblivion wrote:
In post 92, Dunnstral wrote: My thoughts so far:

Sunflower in post struck me the wrong way as I wasn't expecting that post from fireisredsir, and then they had a lot of filler type posts. They then call me towny and I'm not sure what they are basing that off of either with the 4 posts I had before.

ActionDan's post rubs me the wrong way because I don't agree and don't know how they reached their conclusions. Perhaps they can explain.
It... is a little concerned by this. Ignoring the part about Sunflower, what part of ActionDan's posting was strangely reached to you? This slot is calling the player who scumclaimed as an opening scum, which it thinks doesn't need much explination? Certainly there's ways to end up on either side of that read but explaining?

You appear to be an experienced player, can you explain to it why this read in particular is rubbing you the wrong way for not explaining their conclusions when half of it appears somewhat Face Value to it?

For this one, dunnstral already gave a different read on sunflower, which was 50% of Dan's list.

And like... What's the harm in asking Dan to articulate reasons when the game is this early? Even if the answer may be obvious to you.

It turns out the answer probably wasn't what you expected. What did you make of that btw?

Spoiler:
In post 110, Oblivion wrote:
In post 106, Firebagel wrote: I will RVS as long as I feel like it, thanks. :lol:

What even makes you so sure it was RVS though?
Can you explain why you are taking a hostile/adversarial position to this line of inquery? It has a hard time believing you can't see that your entrance is above the line of suspicious and overtly drawing attention, so it wants to understand what the motivation of your doing this is? What do you aim to accomplish with this tact?

Did you miss posts and in your read through?

Setting that aside though, I don't really agree that the post is hostile
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:13 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 154, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 146, Oblivion wrote: To those who have expressed town reads on it, can it ask for a deeper look into the why behind those sentiments from each of you, for the purpose of its mental models?

For CSF, can you explain which of the questions it asked gave that reaction and why?
your questions feel like you're trying to probe but are latching onto the wrong things in a way that feels +scum. It's mostly gut but I'll try to articulate-
Spoiler:
In post 101, Oblivion wrote:
In post 92, Dunnstral wrote: My thoughts so far:

Sunflower in post struck me the wrong way as I wasn't expecting that post from fireisredsir, and then they had a lot of filler type posts. They then call me towny and I'm not sure what they are basing that off of either with the 4 posts I had before.

ActionDan's post rubs me the wrong way because I don't agree and don't know how they reached their conclusions. Perhaps they can explain.
It... is a little concerned by this. Ignoring the part about Sunflower, what part of ActionDan's posting was strangely reached to you? This slot is calling the player who scumclaimed as an opening scum, which it thinks doesn't need much explination? Certainly there's ways to end up on either side of that read but explaining?

You appear to be an experienced player, can you explain to it why this read in particular is rubbing you the wrong way for not explaining their conclusions when half of it appears somewhat Face Value to it?

For this one, dunnstral already gave a different read on sunflower, which was 50% of Dan's list.

And like... What's the harm in asking Dan to articulate reasons when the game is this early? Even if the answer may be obvious to you.

It turns out the answer probably wasn't what you expected. What did you make of that btw?

Spoiler:
In post 110, Oblivion wrote:
In post 106, Firebagel wrote: I will RVS as long as I feel like it, thanks. :lol:

What even makes you so sure it was RVS though?
Can you explain why you are taking a hostile/adversarial position to this line of inquery? It has a hard time believing you can't see that your entrance is above the line of suspicious and overtly drawing attention, so it wants to understand what the motivation of your doing this is? What do you aim to accomplish with this tact?

Did you miss posts and in your read through?

Setting that aside though, I don't really agree that the post is hostile
It looked at Dunn's post and thought that his writing about Action Dan felt contrived in a way as to make his arguments, and so wanted to pick at him to determine where he was coming from. It feels like it is worth attacking this to understand his approach.

It feels that Bagel's response to being poked by Morph was absolutely defensive/hostile over responsive, which it feels was confirmed by how it then responded to it by deflecting its question with more questions. To this point, its question still hasn't been answered.

In truth, its questions are designed to develop a mental model of players at this point. To see how they respond to questions about their approach to the game, so it can get a baseline to read them from later.

What confuses it is that you are saying that asking questions towards players to garner their intent is pro-town but call its questioning anti-town, despite it being pretty clear and apparent that it is asking questions to determine how people think and approach the game state. It can't help but wonder if this is because it prefers to ask questions from aggressors to determine their mindset instead of asking questions from those in already defensive positions who have their guard up?
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:14 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Oblivion I am loving your spunk
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 156, Spiffeh wrote: Oblivion I am loving your spunk
Good to know. Can you answer its question on why you have it as a townread when you have a chance?
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Mostly vibes

You came into the game engaging heavily and asking questions in a way that felt pro-town

And while I don't necessarily agree with some of your conclusions, I believe that you believe the things you are saying
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:33 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 158, Spiffeh wrote: Mostly vibes

You came into the game engaging heavily and asking questions in a way that felt pro-town

And while I don't necessarily agree with some of your conclusions, I believe that you believe the things you are saying
What are the conclusions you think it has reached that you disagree with?
But not older.

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Your thoughts on Dunn and Firebagel
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:38 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I agree with you about Hermit Crab's entrance feeling awkward
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:44 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 160, Spiffeh wrote: Your thoughts on Dunn and Firebagel
What do you think its thoughts about Dunn and Fire are?
But not older.

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

You seem to be concerned by both and I disagree with your stated reasons, particularly with Firebagel. I don't think anything about the quoted post you pointed out was hostile.

Dunn is currently my strongest town-read, for whatever that's worth seven pages into the game.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:00 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Hello gamers

VOTE: spiffeh

this is not RVS vote
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:09 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

I have now seen two expressed hatred for a cute hermit crab gif so that means war.

I am now declaring that I am locking morph as town and I am giving no reason why.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:09 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

I have now seen two expressed hatred for a cute hermit crab gif so that means war.

I am now declaring that I am locking morph as town and I am giving no reason why.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:10 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 127, Spiffeh wrote: Hi everyone, I am undisputedly Town and any notions to the contrary will not be tolerated!!!
Hi Gypyx I think you may have missed this post? Super embarrassing for you but I'm willing to overlook it if you sheep me onto Sunflower
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:14 pm

Post by Klick »

PookyTheMagicalBear
Oblivion
ActionDan
Firebagel
Brian Skies
Spiffeh

morph the cat (fferyllt & Cabd)
Firebringer
Dunnstral
Gypyx
marcistar
Save The Dragons
Shello and Goodbye (Ydrasse & skitter30)
Sunflower (JupiterXV & fireisredsir)
SirCakez
Bingle
PenguinPower
Dannflor

Hermit Crab
Cat Scratch Fever
Lukewarm
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:22 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Oh yeah CSF is locktown too.
Because what kind of scum fakeclaim miller these days?

- Herr Mitt
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 167, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 127, Spiffeh wrote: Hi everyone, I am undisputedly Town and any notions to the contrary will not be tolerated!!!
Hi Gypyx I think you may have missed this post? Super embarrassing for you but I'm willing to overlook it if you sheep me onto Sunflower
Oh yeah uh i'm sorry this time i've decided this post means you're scum
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:42 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Fellow crustaceans [4/12]

Morph
CSF
Hidden 1
Hidden 2

This game may be easy after all.

- Herr Mitt
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 pm

Post by marcistar »

Yall i kinda sus actiondan :dead:
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:54 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

You know I only remembered ActionDan voting someone, so I had to ISO for that grand total of 3 posts.

And he’s joining the crustaceans

The Crab head says they gut townread Brian too.

That makes [6/12].

- Herr Mitt
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Oh the site is not dying again.
I can actually read stuff now, preferably over a cup of morning coffee.

- Herr Mitt

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”