Shell Game (Day 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:25 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

MINE
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:25 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

I know Cephrir gets grouchy when people assumes things like "there must be scum in the hood"

But creating a setup that strongly alludes to dethy (if not explicitly) and also essentially threatening town if they don't eliminate scum within it feels remarkably punishing if there isn't scum, even for him
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:26 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1249, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1246, Sunflower wrote:
In post 1244, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1239, Sunflower wrote: also we didn't decide it's a dethy we were like "hey this is kinda like dethy". which. it isn't dethy. can we stop pretending it's dethy im so tired

:blossom:
I'm kind of confused. do you not think there's 1 scum in the hood anymore?
i didn't ever think it was a for sure thing. i said it was the most elegant. but i am not particularly willing to take it for granted that we can make assumptions here

What do you think Klick?
I think we are intended to assume the Dethy situation

...though literally right this second it has occurred to me that the 'Shell Game' could be quite literal within the context of the Dethy, and there is no shell

I don't think marci, ActionDan, or STD are scum
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:26 pm

Post by Sunflower »

idk i still think shell game means that there's a power to swap people in and out of the hoods

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:28 pm

Post by Klick »

I don't know. You'd have to consider whether that's the direction Ceph would take things, and with the advertising of this game I wouldn't rule out 0 scum under the current parameters

I'm not in a particularly rationsl state of mind for that analysis
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:29 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1252, Klick wrote: I don't think marci, ActionDan, or STD are scum
Was there more to ActionDan beyond the initial mindmeld over 0/1 scum in hood?
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:37 pm

Post by Sunflower »

i think that town!klick is capable of finding scum!me. he did it very well recently

i think regardless of alignment he knows that he doesn't have reason to think im scum here

the difference is that i think if he's town he would also know that if we're both town there's a decent chance we can find each other. the fact that he doesn't have reason to think im scum would make him doubt. im on the other side here, not fully confident that klick is scum, and that makes me question AD and marci

the way that his reads on AD and marci progressed from hesitancy/uncertainty to full-on confidence isn't supported and just isn't really believable to me coming from town!klick

this is what i mean by calling the play positional. i think that those reads became solidified out of necessity and not out of justified reason. and i don't think that's how town!klick plays

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:02 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

{marcistar, Dunnstral, Oblivion, morph the cat, Hermit Crab}
{Pooky, ActionDan, Luke}

All of the above feel Town due to reactions and interactions surrounding the dethy neighborhood.

I am leaning towards Sunflower being the scum in the hood but am not comfortable writing off Klick and especially STD based on his lack of main thread presence.

Pooky's explanation for his frustration during the initial dethy hyper-posting feels genuine to me. I think scum!Pooky leans into the chaos there and tries to blend into the crowd, but instead he calls out why he thinks the dethy shenanigans are damaging to the game state and has a heart-to-heart with morph and I just don't think he bothers to do either of those things as scum.

Brian's return to the thread leaves a lot to be desired, feels like he's just going through the motions and while we love a solid town read on me I expect Brian to be a bit more wary given our history and how many people are scum reading me at this point? I understand this game has moved incredibly fast and it can be hard to keep up, but even after his catchup I don't see an effort to sort or engage with anyone. His provided thoughts post-catchup feel very surface level and cobbled together because he needed to have opinions.

Maybe I feel this way because it's me but I can't help but notice that I have conveniently taken a nosedive in Sunflower and Ydrasse's reads ever since the contingent of strong Town Reads I listed above started pressuring me!

Everyone that I haven't mentioned so far has really faded into the background for me so I'd like to table the dethy discussion and put more focus on the null/scummy slots outside of it, even if we ultimately settle on eliminating from the hood.

VOTE: Brian Skies
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:05 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Holy shit page 51
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:06 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Gypyx I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the recent turn of events!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Is there a third hood
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 pm

Post by Gypyx »

There is a third hood

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 pm

Post by Gypyx »

I think this is gonna be like Kemusan when i'm reading like half of the first day and then i'm alive at ELo and god i wish i would have put more effort into the early game

bottom text
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 390, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 360, Gypyx wrote:
In post 354, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 345, Gypyx wrote: I'd be curious as to why people are townreading spiffeh if anyone is
You might have more luck if you explain why you’re NOT Town reading me and seeing how people respond vs. calling me scum with no explanation and expecting people to feel the same way!
I'd rather die than scumcase someone after the disaster that have been my reads lately

it's also more of me not seeing it so like, i wanna know, not engaging in a battle to the death with u
I am not looking to get into a battle to the death. I don't find your hesitance to townread me all that surprising given our recent history, and I actually think certain players have given me a free pass this game that I haven't earned (which I will address at some point), since nothing I've really done has been outside of my scum range imo

I do take issue with your initial (seemingly) confident scum read on me crumbling immediately upon calling you out and asking you to elaborate.

I'd love to rekindle what we had in Kemusan if you're Town here, so a good first step would be to explain why you're scum reading me, or actually doing something about it!
Still curious about your explanation for scum reading me if you could give that.

You'll find that you are no longer alone in those sentiments if that makes you feel better!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 330, morph the cat wrote:
In post 326, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 324, morph the cat wrote: specific?
You had an exact number of name placements you were disagreeing with.
I did!
You've put some thought into matching Pooky's list to what was going on during the first few pages. I think you know me as a player about as well as you do Pooky. How does my taking partial exception to Pooky's list fit with your understanding of my playstyle?
I don't know. It seemed unaware of the content of pooky's prior posts in a way that seemed particularly out of character for you. I was worried that it could be that you are scum, and was hoping to get you to voice what lead you to making that post, so I could judge that instead of trying to just guess at how you got there, but it feels like you have been dancing around that question.
Heh!

Well, I got what I wanted out of this convo, and so did Cabd. Consider your day 3 ticket punched.
BTW morph and Luke I believe I figured out why I had it in my head that was morph engaging Luke early on and not the other way around

I think I just missed Luke's initial post in my skimming but saw the one quoted above where ffery mentions she got what she needed out of the convo which felt to me like she was the one who initiated with the intention of getting a read on Luke in the first place

Apologies for not fully understanding that situation before speaking on it
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:20 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1263, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 390, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 360, Gypyx wrote:
In post 354, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 345, Gypyx wrote: I'd be curious as to why people are townreading spiffeh if anyone is
You might have more luck if you explain why you’re NOT Town reading me and seeing how people respond vs. calling me scum with no explanation and expecting people to feel the same way!
I'd rather die than scumcase someone after the disaster that have been my reads lately

it's also more of me not seeing it so like, i wanna know, not engaging in a battle to the death with u
I am not looking to get into a battle to the death. I don't find your hesitance to townread me all that surprising given our recent history, and I actually think certain players have given me a free pass this game that I haven't earned (which I will address at some point), since nothing I've really done has been outside of my scum range imo

I do take issue with your initial (seemingly) confident scum read on me crumbling immediately upon calling you out and asking you to elaborate.

I'd love to rekindle what we had in Kemusan if you're Town here, so a good first step would be to explain why you're scum reading me, or actually doing something about it!
Still curious about your explanation for scum reading me if you could give that.

You'll find that you are no longer alone in those sentiments if that makes you feel better!
Well, to put it in a few words my reads lately haven't been stellar, so i kinda lacked the confidence to push through and assert my read

haven't read your recent posts but basically this game, you feel like you're trying to reproduce your town style instead of actually being town?

bottom text
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:22 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Can you point out some posts that make you feel that way?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Is there a post recapping the whole hood situation cause i'm kinda not in the mood to dig through 40 pages

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:26 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Spoiler:
In post 127, Spiffeh wrote: Hi everyone, I am undisputedly Town and any notions to the contrary will not be tolerated!!!

Also, the scum team is Firebringer, PookyTheMagicalBear, Klick, Sunflower, and Lukewarm

VOTE: Sunflower
In post 149, Spiffeh wrote: Ok the site is too laggy for me to keep refreshing the thread so I will instead devote my time to casing someone on page 6!
In post 102, Sunflower wrote:
In post 96, morph the cat wrote:
In post 94, morph the cat wrote: I have similar concerns about fireisredsir.
*WE* have concerns, simultaneously and independently!

Fire seems to have taken the "Jupiter in a scum slot fluffyness" and made it a part of himself right now. And I don't like it one little itty bitty bit.

Grrrrrrr.
i was fluffier entering kemusan which you both saw so this is an interesting take

In post 116, Sunflower wrote:
In post 112, morph the cat wrote: What has snagged your attention so far?
actiondan is interesting to me. feel safe leaning town for now i think although scum is possible

pooky a little towny

dunn a little towny although his willingness to elaborate so much on reads already was quite surprising to me. i don't think it's scummy though, just surprising

y'all i think feel eager to dig into things which is probably a good enough sign for now that id rather let you do that, although i think the point on me is one that feels misapplied

if i were to put a bet on a scum rn i think id guess STD. that's based on almost nothing however id still take the pookybucks

firebagel feels likely to be readable given time so not worried there rn

I don't like either of the above from Sunflower

The first deflects morph's (imo valid) point about their fluffiness by mentioning one game where they were fluffy early on as town. By mentioning this, it demonstrates that they are aware of their town meta and therefore should have no problem replicating it, so I'm not sure the purpose of even saying this other than to try to get morph off their back.

The second post feels like scum artificially inflating the word count to look like they have substantial thoughts, idk how to really articulate it but it feels insecure to me. The ActionDan read is basically "I think town but he could be scum" which is very non-committal, so what's the point of including it in the first place? The comments about morph and STD follow this same pattern, though less explicitly. It feels like they felt the need to pad their response to morph to make it look like they were thinking about the game critically and it resulted into a bunch of "reads" that don't actually tell me anything.

These, along with their not so stellar (but not quite irredeemable!) early posts makes me happy with my vote on them.

@Sunflower:
1. What makes morph and Dunn's takes about your fluffiness "interesting" and how does this inform your read on them?
2. Can you go into more detail on the ActionDan read?
In post 158, Spiffeh wrote: Mostly vibes

You came into the game engaging heavily and asking questions in a way that felt pro-town

And while I don't necessarily agree with some of your conclusions, I believe that you believe the things you are saying
In post 167, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 127, Spiffeh wrote: Hi everyone, I am undisputedly Town and any notions to the contrary will not be tolerated!!!
Hi Gypyx I think you may have missed this post? Super embarrassing for you but I'm willing to overlook it if you sheep me onto Sunflower
In post 341, Spiffeh wrote: I’m so proud of that Eternity Larva post you quoted, probably my towniest post in that game lol

That kinda was all that

especially it's a bit metagamey but in kemusan i mentionned TR'ing you for saying you got a town PM, and the way you're doing it here feels very deliberate

bottom text
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:28 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I proclaim myself as Town in most games as either alignment, I'm sure several players could attest to that.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:28 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Do you have any strong reads, town or scum, outside of me?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:31 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Alright i'll bear that in mind, still the style difference is weirding me out a bit

pedit : I recall finding shello / CSF quite towny, dann i also wanted to make a deeper look into but i think he could very well be scum

bottom text
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:36 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

What did you feel was Towny about Shello?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 pm

Post by Gypyx »

It's mostly the vibes around the slot / how they're going around solving the game? I see skitter still hasn't posted but i also wanted to give a lot of value in whatever read i ended up getting on ydra since my previous record when it comes to reading skitter correctly is... not good lol

bottom text
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1122, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1111, Oblivion wrote: Okay this is... an overeaction and a half. What is it even meant to say? It is clearly trying to speak about the manner in which you approach the game. The only player here being personally insulting, from its view, is you.
no this is a dirty filthy lie and you know it

you knew exactly what you were doing when you decided to call me "slimy/conman/etc"

if you wanted to ask if this is how I play the game you could simply have said some shit like "does he always play like this?" or "what are some of his completed games I could have as a meta check"

instead you went straight to insulting to troll me and get a reaction because thats the type of person you are and I find it absolutely insufferable and DOUBLY so because now you're trying to pretend like you weren't trying to insult me to my face.
FWIW I'm with you here, they did start calling you names

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”