Shell Game (Night 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:06 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1098, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1091, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 743, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: i have absolutely no issue with being vigged as long as whoever shoots me shoots morph next night
if someone repeats four times in the first day of a game for any vig to shoot me, I'm going to ask that if it's done that they pay with their lives on the next night.

that is not me asking to get shot or killed. I have not at any point asked to die or whatever.
Snakes in bags, man. Snakes in bags. Scorpion in a jar.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:06 pm

Post by Oblivion »

Can someone who knows Pooky please iterate whether this is a normal amount of swindler/conman/slimy that this slot is?
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:07 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1101, Oblivion wrote: Can someone who knows Pooky please iterate whether this is a normal amount of swindler/conman/slimy that this slot is?
oh cool we're going into insults already
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:08 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1102, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1101, Oblivion wrote: Can someone who knows Pooky please iterate whether this is a normal amount of swindler/conman/slimy that this slot is?
oh cool we're going into insults already
Apologies. It isn't intended to be an insult, more.... fearful? It views the manner in which you write as... terrifying.
But not older.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:08 pm

man im just not going to talk to the asshole half of this game

fuck ya'all
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:08 pm

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

In post 1095, Oblivion wrote: That is a confusing take. Have you read the bit of it and spiffeh's interaction on page 7?

It will outline for you why it thinks the way it does. In essence while poking at Spiffeh, spiffeh appeared to want to change its mind about things. It was confused, initially because... it didn't HAVE a strong solid take away on Bagel OR Dunnstraal yet. And yet this player seemed to be... intoning something towards it? And then by the response it was given in the end, it felt like Spiffeh had an agenda to be manipulating it.

It is FULLY aware of its position in this game. It is newer, it is less known and knows less of everyone. It expects it will be the target of manipulation tactics to control it. That was the kind of tactic is was on high alert for.

So, in its mind, if Spiffeh was scum trying to control it as what he might view as a weaker mind to misdirect, why would Spiffeh do that? What is the intended angle? the intended angle would be either

Make it believe they are town
convince it to change its mind on one of the two reads

but it wasn't.... sweet enough for the first. It didn't feel like it was trying to be swayed to have its eyes covered on the case of Spiffeh's alignment. So it assumes the second. And if Bagel is town...

There's the end of that logic chain.
looking back at it now i can see the angle of 'spiffeh is trying to pocket oblivion by being niceish on arrival' but i dont agree with the take wrt dunnstral. i think it would be heavyhanded to try and butter someone up to their partner that early into the game without having a better rapport, also i think that if spiffeh wants to say 'this is my strongest read' he has to later 1) make up towny reasons for his wolf partner to be town or 2) figure out a way to walk away from that over time

and i dont think that... that level of strategy really happens between partners early on, idk. maybe it does and he wasnt thinking about the consequences but it doesnt seem likely to me that theyre partnered off of this
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:09 pm

Post by Oblivion »

It is speaking from within a game approach, with regards to how you play Mafia. It doesn't know you personally enough to be able to even assume outside of that.

But it will say that even your response here was like a Snake snapping its jaws at a threat.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1105, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 1095, Oblivion wrote: That is a confusing take. Have you read the bit of it and spiffeh's interaction on page 7?

It will outline for you why it thinks the way it does. In essence while poking at Spiffeh, spiffeh appeared to want to change its mind about things. It was confused, initially because... it didn't HAVE a strong solid take away on Bagel OR Dunnstraal yet. And yet this player seemed to be... intoning something towards it? And then by the response it was given in the end, it felt like Spiffeh had an agenda to be manipulating it.

It is FULLY aware of its position in this game. It is newer, it is less known and knows less of everyone. It expects it will be the target of manipulation tactics to control it. That was the kind of tactic is was on high alert for.

So, in its mind, if Spiffeh was scum trying to control it as what he might view as a weaker mind to misdirect, why would Spiffeh do that? What is the intended angle? the intended angle would be either

Make it believe they are town
convince it to change its mind on one of the two reads

but it wasn't.... sweet enough for the first. It didn't feel like it was trying to be swayed to have its eyes covered on the case of Spiffeh's alignment. So it assumes the second. And if Bagel is town...

There's the end of that logic chain.
looking back at it now i can see the angle of 'spiffeh is trying to pocket oblivion by being niceish on arrival' but i dont agree with the take wrt dunnstral. i think it would be heavyhanded to try and butter someone up to their partner that early into the game without having a better rapport, also i think that if spiffeh wants to say 'this is my strongest read' he has to later 1) make up towny reasons for his wolf partner to be town or 2) figure out a way to walk away from that over time

and i dont think that... that level of strategy really happens between partners early on, idk. maybe it does and he wasnt thinking about the consequences but it doesnt seem likely to me that theyre partnered off of this
Perhaps. It thinks that it is overlookable enough to be attacked in that way, is the problem. Perhaps it is swigning too far in the direction of assuming it will be seen as weak.
But not older.

Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 pm

In post 1098, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1091, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 743, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: i have absolutely no issue with being vigged as long as whoever shoots me shoots morph next night
if someone repeats four times in the first day of a game for any vig to shoot me, I'm going to ask that if it's done that they pay with their lives on the next night.

that is not me asking to get shot or killed. I have not at any point asked to die or whatever.
i mean the point i cared more about was the first part where you okayed being shot which is something, if not in this exact context, ive done as wolf more than once and i feel you would do too. you can be town being upset too but from experience i just feel like you get more upset/angry/etc like this as a wolf sorry
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 pm

there is no universe where I would see you as a threat
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1104, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: man im just not going to talk to the asshole half of this game

fuck ya'all
You sound so burnt out on mafia.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1104, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: man im just not going to talk to the asshole half of this game

fuck ya'all
Okay this is... an overeaction and a half. What is it even meant to say? It is clearly trying to speak about the manner in which you approach the game. The only player here being personally insulting, from its view, is you.
But not older.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm

In post 1108, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i mean the point i cared more about was the first part where you okayed being shot which is something, if not in this exact context, ive done as wolf more than once and i feel you would do too. you can be town being upset too but from experience i just feel like you get more upset/angry/etc like this as a wolf sorry
my point is I have never asked to be killed in this game so it is strange to me that is what you are getting from what I posted.

I simply said IF a vig actually listens to Cabd's constant harping that they should do me a favor and get hit on the next night
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1109, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: there is no universe where I would see you as a threat
Man you are unpleasant, huh?
But not older.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 pm

In post 1110, morph the cat wrote: You sound so burnt out on mafia.
nah i was having fun chilling with people b4 the insults started flying out of nowhere this is mostly a chill pl
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 pm

In post 1099, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1093, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 1087, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1083, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i'm listing the neighborhood independently from my main reads it's not that they're all that low lol
Can you give a sense of where they slot in overall?
- having the context of why marci's been talking about being afraid this game and worried and etc makes more sense to me and i dont think she would handle it this way if she were a wolf or idek if she would be able
- actiondan isnt wolfy to me really i think back to that post where he voted marci and that just is town to me. i think he would be playing a little sloppy if he were a wolf too with how he handled the miller stuff it falls apart very easily. wolves Can Be Sloppy but... eh?
- already explained dragons
- klick and sunflower are kind of in the same place here by virtue of the other three being townier i think, dragons is contentious because of no in-thread but trusting what's going on in the neighborhood instead. going strictly off of wagon i think sunflower is the town between these two and i dont think fire plays midsummer 2 here as an opener
I meant where they'd individually fall in your overall reads list or tier list if that's how you're sorting.

Maybe I'm asking for something that isn't baked enough yet.
i havent really thought about those five like that but i think they would roughly map the same, marci up near the top, dragons and dan low-town, sunflower probably top of the 'would vote today' pile and klick a bit below

i dont feel strongly about those though i think in this game there are too many people for me to feel really okay about tiered/organized reads so having the five separate is a good way to split the burden
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 pm

In post 1113, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1109, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: there is no universe where I would see you as a threat
You are an odious creature and you bring out the worst side of me because I absolutely cannot stand being insulted by random strangers on the internet

it is an unfortunate personality flaw
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 pm

Post by Oblivion »

Again, it is not trying to insult you and it would VERY much like that you stop trying to control a narrative in which that is what it is doing. It is describing the manner in which you play as a certain kind of manipulative. It feels vindicated in that view point from your reactions so far. It is trying to decide whether that is the norm for you or not.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1116, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1113, Oblivion wrote:
You are an odious creature and you bring out the worst side of me because I absolutely cannot stand being insulted by random strangers on the internet

it is an unfortunate personality flaw

Got it.
But not older.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

pooky sounds frustrated at morph influence on the game.

I feel you, i am also frustrated by morph influence on the game.

Lets create the anti morph team.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 pm

In post 1112, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1108, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i mean the point i cared more about was the first part where you okayed being shot which is something, if not in this exact context, ive done as wolf more than once and i feel you would do too. you can be town being upset too but from experience i just feel like you get more upset/angry/etc like this as a wolf sorry
my point is I have never asked to be killed in this game so it is strange to me that is what you are getting from what I posted.

I simply said IF a vig actually listens to Cabd's constant harping that they should do me a favor and get hit on the next night
i disagree with that frankly but i dont wanna go blow for blow on this if youre like this rn, we can talk some other time if you want to
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 pm

Post by Oblivion »

It thinks it should go find a different website to play mafia on, perhaps.
But not older.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 pm

In post 1111, Oblivion wrote: Okay this is... an overeaction and a half. What is it even meant to say? It is clearly trying to speak about the manner in which you approach the game. The only player here being personally insulting, from its view, is you.
no this is a dirty filthy lie and you know it

you knew exactly what you were doing when you decided to call me "slimy/conman/etc"

if you wanted to ask if this is how I play the game you could simply have said some shit like "does he always play like this?" or "what are some of his completed games I could have as a meta check"

instead you went straight to insulting to troll me and get a reaction because thats the type of person you are and I find it absolutely insufferable and DOUBLY so because now you're trying to pretend like you weren't trying to insult me to my face.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1122, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1111, Oblivion wrote: Okay this is... an overeaction and a half. What is it even meant to say? It is clearly trying to speak about the manner in which you approach the game. The only player here being personally insulting, from its view, is you.
no this is a dirty filthy lie and you know it

you knew exactly what you were doing when you decided to call me "slimy/conman/etc"

if you wanted to ask if this is how I play the game you could simply have said some shit like "does he always play like this?" or "what are some of his completed games I could have as a meta check"

instead you went straight to insulting to troll me and get a reaction because thats the type of person you are and I find it absolutely insufferable and DOUBLY so because now you're trying to pretend like you weren't trying to insult me to my face.
It isn't trying to pretend anything. It gave several words of examples of your playstyle because it EXPLICITLY was seeking a word so as not to be insulting.

Your playstyle reads like someone who swindles others. It is a GAME. ABOUT. LYING. TO. OTHERS. You read as someone DANGEROUSLY CAPABLE.

It is so over this.
But not older.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm

you literally said hey is he always such a slimy conman

and now you're saying oh this is just the approach to the game i'm talking about, I'm not talking about his character or how he talks

like wtf?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”