The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:09 am

Post by The Cabal »

Also, don’t ask me to source it. I completely forgot where it came from.

Bell.
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:13 am

Post by WePick »

In post 224, The Cabal wrote:
In post 222, WePick wrote: Statistically, Mafia players are usually Town.

- Rat

You appear to be under the misconception that an idiot made the statistic and didn’t control for that.
It's not a comment on whether the Miller statistic is valid, it's a comment about how assuming a Miller claim is true because of those statistics is foolish, just as it would be to assume that a player is Town, because statistically they usually will be.

I'll believe your claim when THIS game gives me a reason to believe it, and not a moment sooner.

- Rat
Definitely Not AniX Doing Administrator Things
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:21 am

Post by WePick »

In post 222, WePick wrote: Statistically, Mafia players are usually Town.

- Rat
I'll go one further. If both hydrae are scum, this game does not contain an uninformed majority. Therefore, by virtue of the fact that AniX is running this as a mafia game, at least one of our hydrae has to be town.
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:22 am

Post by WePick »

In post 215, The Cabal wrote: The logistics:

Discord chat.
1. Hey guys we’re a death miller.
2. That’s hilarious.
3. We should obviously claim right away right?
Spiffeh, I, and Lukewarm think we should claim. Nobody objects.
4. We ask a bunch of questions to figure out what death miller means, some of which have already been asked of us again.
5. End.

-Bell
Pedit: yes, I do say so.
It is very important that specifically Luke answers this question:

Do you investigate as User or Admin prior to your death?
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:28 am

Post by The Cabal »

In post 228, WePick wrote:
In post 215, The Cabal wrote: The logistics:

Discord chat.
1. Hey guys we’re a death miller.
2. That’s hilarious.
3. We should obviously claim right away right?
Spiffeh, I, and Lukewarm think we should claim. Nobody objects.
4. We ask a bunch of questions to figure out what death miller means, some of which have already been asked of us again.
5. End.

-Bell
Pedit: yes, I do say so.
It is very important that specifically Luke answers this question:

Do you investigate as User or Admin prior to your death?
Luke's not around atm, I think. And I already answered that.

⚗️
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:29 am

Post by WePick »

In post 210, The Cabal wrote: I’m just skeptical of someone trying to figure out how to interact with an 11 person hydra. It just reads like busy work to me.
We came up with some options while brainstorming the submission, actually. I think my favorite was that we each pick a member of your hydra to sign as and only respond to posts made by your hydra signed as the same person we were signing as. Such was met with responses of "You're dumb" and "Can I please have that dog treat?"
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:29 am

Post by WePick »

In post 229, The Cabal wrote: Luke's not around atm, I think. And I already answered that.
That's okay, I can wait.

In other news, I think HEM's reaction to the death miller claim is likely scum.
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:32 am

Post by The Cabal »

I’d tease you, but I know I’m kind of an outlier when it comes to mafia play. Most people just come up with opinions based on what flavor of tea and cheese they ate that day and that’s fine, at least as a rat your gut probably works better than the rest of us.

-Bell

@rat.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:33 am

Post by jjh927 »

I would like to once again stress that this is a wacky bastard upick and my threats of bringing an anix controlled slot into the game are not unfounded
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:35 am

Post by WePick »

In post 138, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
OFFICIAL CABAL VS WEPICK RULES

Each side will pick ELEVEN DIFFERENT GAMES[i.e. Chess, Rock Paper Scissors, Trivial Pursuit, Pagetop Stealing Contest etc] to compete in and submit them as SOON AS POSSIBLE. If you do not submit any games I will simply not put any of your choices into the pool.

Pooky as a COMPLETELY unbiased ARBITER OF THE GAMES will randomly select games you submitted to play. if you do not submit any games, Pooky will select whatever the hell he wants.

Each time your hydra loses a game, a player in the totally meme mafia game will vote for your hydra. If any hydra receives six votes they will suffer a most tragic defeat whereas the other Hydra will be crowned HERO OF THE ELEVENTH HOUR and AUTOMATICALLY ADVANCE TO FINAL ELO.
As a self proclaimed expert on bad game design, I'm going to submit the "Hammer Pooky" minigame for contention. The hydra who hammers pooky's wagon first wins that round.
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:35 am

Post by The Cabal »

In post 233, jjh927 wrote: I would like to once again stress that this is a wacky bastard upick and my threats of bringing an anix controlled slot into the game are not unfounded
I mean, I took you seriously.
I’m just not like, going to pressure you to explain because I don’t see much of an advantage in it. Sounds fun, looking forward to that when you do that.

-Bell
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:36 am

Post by WePick »

In post 233, jjh927 wrote: I would like to once again stress that this is a wacky bastard upick and my threats of bringing an anix controlled slot into the game are not unfounded
I have no fear of AniX being able to catch us as scum, so am unconcerned. AniX is, as the kids say nowadays, a chumpburger.
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:43 am

Post by WePick »

In post 189, jjh927 wrote:
In post 180, humaneatingmonkey wrote: so i'm struggling to see why we'd like to keep you alive when you could just literally be scum and we won't find out until the game ends. i feel like i'd rather flip you then get pleasantly surprised when the game ends after we flip 1 and a half scum. eliminating you will give us a sample red pm too and i think that's relevant because anix didn't give out anything in the first page. scum could have a crazy wild reveal on win con and having that day 1 will be enormous.

on one hand, i don't see scum going into the thread with a bunch of all-stars and then going too scummy to be scum. they're immediately going to be in the elim pool one way or the other. so I'm weighing it against the possibility that you're the 1/2 scum PR that activates some sort of ability for your team upon death.
An 11 headed hydra managing to agree on fakeclaiming death miller feels wildly unlikely to me

How likely do you think it is that scum have an abnormal wincon?
This isn't cogdis, but it does seem interesting to me to be primarily concerned with both of these aspects.

Like, thinking HEM being worried about altscum is interesting and ALSO being worried about people implicitly trusting your threat to drop an AniX flavored bomb on the setup feels like a weird take.
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:45 am

Post by WePick »

In post 232, The Cabal wrote: tea and cheese
I have a delightful jade oolong and a sandwich with colby jack. This leads me to the conclusion that Dannflor is town.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:47 am

Post by jjh927 »

HEM was putting out a very weak counterargument that limming cabal could provide information and I wanted them to elaborate so I could evaluate whether they actually believed what they were saying or not
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:51 am

Post by The Cabal »

I think HEM is town for post like this and this. I don’t think this is how scum approaches our role.

- Magical Girl
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:52 am

Post by jjh927 »

My reminder was more in light of this post
In post 217, WePick wrote:
In post 212, The Cabal wrote: They did not. They’ve barely posted in the discord.
But I don’t really think they would’ve said no to what is commonly thought to be the objectively correct play.
-Bell
My point is that the argument "I wouldn't have agreed to this as scum" doesn't make sense if he didn't actually agree to it beforehand.

To further elucidate my thinking, the idea is that while this is one of the vanishingly few games I would believe a Death Miller to even be possible, I do not find it plausible. I also don't think it's a surprise to anyone that most players are going to predisposed to voting out one of us, simply due to our hydric nature. So, if you're scum, and you're expecting a high chance of dying anyway, and it's a wacky bastard U-Pick... Death Miller's not a bad claim. Prevents us from drawing real conclusions from your flip, which deters people from seeking it, and permanently hinders analysis of it if it does happen.

You are right though that claiming immediately is correct play if you aren't lying. But I just can't bring myself to believe a Death Miller exists at this point.

- Rat
To be precise, that you don't find death miller to be plausible is the thing I find issue with in a game that the moderator will literally be able to make posts in

There is a non-zero chance that kinda troll picks got kinda troll roles
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 6:00 am

Post by The Cabal »

Also trust me, I don’t need all these hydra heads to come up with better things to fakeclaim than heckin’ death miller in a meme game. Because if we are lying about being a death miller, than surely we would have much cooler role to base our fakeclaim on, right?

- Magical Girl
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 6:03 am

Post by WePick »

I mean I assumed that AniX's interference via your role would be constrained to a level that doesn't fundamentally break the game of Mafia in the way that a Death Miller does.

But yes, the potential for and presence of wacky roles is why I'm even seriously considering the possibility of the claim.

- Rat
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 6:08 am

Post by jjh927 »

Outside of the specific parameters I'm given, anix will just play the slot however the hell he wants
ITF
ITF
He / Him / His
Townie
ITF
He / Him / His
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 6:13 am

Post by ITF »

In post 146, humaneatingmonkey wrote: can you give us more info? what's your win condition?
Shouldn't you know that information already? It's very
important
info after all!
ITF
ITF
ITF
He / Him / His
Townie
ITF
He / Him / His
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 6:15 am

Post by ITF »

In post 148, The Cabal wrote: The rationale for being user aligned is that bork is a tech admin who's overriding concern is keeping the site up and running. We're a death miller because despite being as purehearted as the driven Wisconsin snow Bork likes to shovel while designing games, nevertheless his name is in red.

⚗️
I don't believe this claim. Bork is by all means still an
admin
, so this leads towards bastard flavor.
ITF
ITF
ITF
He / Him / His
Townie
ITF
He / Him / His
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 6:21 am

Post by ITF »

In post 189, jjh927 wrote:
In post 180, humaneatingmonkey wrote: so i'm struggling to see why we'd like to keep you alive when you could just literally be scum and we won't find out until the game ends. i feel like i'd rather flip you then get pleasantly surprised when the game ends after we flip 1 and a half scum. eliminating you will give us a sample red pm too and i think that's relevant because anix didn't give out anything in the first page. scum could have a crazy wild reveal on win con and having that day 1 will be enormous.

on one hand, i don't see scum going into the thread with a bunch of all-stars and then going too scummy to be scum. they're immediately going to be in the elim pool one way or the other. so I'm weighing it against the possibility that you're the 1/2 scum PR that activates some sort of ability for your team upon death.
An 11 headed hydra managing to agree on fakeclaiming death miller feels wildly unlikely to me

How likely do you think it is that scum have an abnormal wincon?
What if it isn't a
fake claim
? What if they are passing off their real flavor here? It doesn't seem that out there to me.
ITF
ITF
ITF
He / Him / His
Townie
ITF
He / Him / His
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 6:25 am

Post by ITF »

In post 219, The Cabal wrote: You could just read us based off our play. But if you’re not reading town us for how we’re behaving already, I’m not sure that day 1 posts are going to help much until we’re deeper in the game.

-Bell.
I am not. Your posts
bleed red.
ITF
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 6:27 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 246, ITF wrote:
In post 148, The Cabal wrote: The rationale for being user aligned is that bork is a tech admin who's overriding concern is keeping the site up and running. We're a death miller because despite being as purehearted as the driven Wisconsin snow Bork likes to shovel while designing games, nevertheless his name is in red.

⚗️
I don't believe this claim. Bork is by all means still an
admin
, so this leads towards bastard flavor.
Do you understand how upicks work

Return to “Throne Room [UPick Games]”