The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:03 am

Post by The Cabal »

In post 197, humaneatingmonkey wrote: what i mean about the structure question: do your heads vote? is there a top dog? is there a main player? is everyone unanimously voting for you to be more active now? what's the structure like?

I'll have a lot of questions like this because i don't think I've ever played with an ELEVEN HEADED HYDRA
We are full anarchy
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:06 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 193, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i dont know if an abnormal wincon is as likely as anything if anix decided to hide sample role pms. also, 11-headed scum unanimously voting to fakeclaim deathmiller is only unlikely if they're a goon or something. and that's assuming if it's a unanimous vote, not a majority/plurality. but if they're a special kind of scum that activates something upon death then it's probably going to be the top strategy, even unanimously.
I don't think anix has so much decided to hide sample role pms, rather he has just not made them.
I would rather play towards town wincon than try to gather information about and then thwart an unknown scum alternate wincon that is unlikely to exist and that is most likely beaten by playing to town wincon anyway

I'm also picking up that you think claiming death miller is a strategy for scum to get eliminated on day 1. I don't think that's true, and I think you would struggle to find scum roles that actually want to be eliminated on day 1 in terms of optimal strategy.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:09 am

Post by jjh927 »

Every post the risk of me firing off early and leaving mechanical territory to actually play mafia is increasing
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:11 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

i'm not particular on day 1, but sure. also we have roles that make you choose smoke or drink, so i don't think we're playing in-the-box.

are you townreading the claim, jjh927?
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:17 am

Post by The Cabal »

In post 123, The Cabal wrote:
In post 119, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i prefer a hydra elimination actually because 11 players in one slot means there's no meaningfully reading that slot. for me at least. it's a skill issue.
We need to bow out before melo/elo if the game doesn't end first. But, we'd like to catch some scum first.
i don't consent to this :v
In post 161, WePick wrote: Y'know what a Miller who is also a Death Miller but totally isn't scum trust me guys sounds like to me?

Scum.

VOTE: The Cabal

Also the excuse of bork having a red name doesn't hold water here because bork abandoned the hydra before the game even filled.

- Rat
im kinda surprised that this is an even remotely popular take. guess i shouldnt be. i wouldn't have agreed to claim death miller as scum and immediately make the game all about us, i actually wanted to play.

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

join my wagon
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:20 am

Post by The Cabal »

In post 197, humaneatingmonkey wrote: what i mean about the structure question: do your heads vote? is there a top dog? is there a main player? is everyone unanimously voting for you to be more active now? what's the structure like?

I'll have a lot of questions like this because i don't think I've ever played with an ELEVEN HEADED HYDRA
we're extremely serious and actively corralling every single person to cowrite every post

do u really think it's even possible to control 11 people in a form that could be described as a strategy. i don't

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:21 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 203, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i'm not particular on day 1, but sure. also we have roles that make you choose smoke or drink, so i don't think we're playing in-the-box.

are you townreading the claim, jjh927?
I mean, this is a upick

This is specifically a upick with bastard elements

I'm townreading the claim and actually the slot as well though
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:23 am

Post by The Cabal »

sure why not

VOTE: itf

anyway call me when we're ready to play mafia rather than footsies.

The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:33 am

Post by The Cabal »

In post 184, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: I need food Bell

who's scum
HEM? Maybe.
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:37 am

Post by The Cabal »

To be clear it’s not omgus(it’s always omgus).
I’m just skeptical of someone trying to figure out how to interact with an 11 person hydra. It just reads like busy work to me.

I also find their reasoning genuinely fallacious and their opinion that they’ll get to read a scum role pm sample as an advantage extremely silly.
I also, don’t think too scummy to be scum applies here because their idea that claiming a death miller out of nowhere is scummy isn’t good thinking. Because they certainly aren’t reading us from any other perspective or reason that I can see.

It’s RVS but their deal is weird.
-Bell
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:40 am

Post by WePick »

In post 204, The Cabal wrote:
In post 119, humaneatingmonkey wrote: i prefer a hydra elimination actually because 11 players in one slot means there's no meaningfully reading that slot. for me at least. it's a skill issue.
We need to bow out before melo/elo if the game doesn't end first. But, we'd like to catch some scum first.
In post 161, WePick wrote: Y'know what a Miller who is also a Death Miller but totally isn't scum trust me guys sounds like to me?

Scum.

Also the excuse of bork having a red name doesn't hold water here because bork abandoned the hydra before the game even filled.

- Rat
im kinda surprised that this is an even remotely popular take. guess i shouldnt be. i wouldn't have agreed to claim death miller as scum and immediately make the game all about us, i actually wanted to play.

DID you agree to the claim?

-Rat
Definitely Not AniX Doing Administrator Things
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:41 am

Post by The Cabal »

They did not. They’ve barely posted in the discord.
But I don’t really think they would’ve said no to what is commonly thought to be the objectively correct play.
-Bell
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:41 am

Uhh... I'm not trying to figure out how to interact with an 11 person hydra. I'm trying to figure out the logistics of saying you got 11 heads unanimously voting to claim at daystart and wanted to know how that went.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:43 am

In post 210, The Cabal wrote: claiming a death miller out of nowhere is scummy isn’t good thinking
says you
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:47 am

Post by The Cabal »

The logistics:

Discord chat.
1. Hey guys we’re a death miller.
2. That’s hilarious.
3. We should obviously claim right away right?
Spiffeh, I, and Lukewarm think we should claim. Nobody objects.
4. We ask a bunch of questions to figure out what death miller means, some of which have already been asked of us again.
5. End.

-Bell
Pedit: yes, I do say so.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:47 am

Post by halfasleep »

VOTE: ITF

lmao
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 4:59 am

Post by WePick »

In post 212, The Cabal wrote: They did not. They’ve barely posted in the discord.
But I don’t really think they would’ve said no to what is commonly thought to be the objectively correct play.
-Bell
My point is that the argument "I wouldn't have agreed to this as scum" doesn't make sense if he didn't actually agree to it beforehand.

To further elucidate my thinking, the idea is that while this is one of the vanishingly few games I would believe a Death Miller to even be possible, I do not find it plausible. I also don't think it's a surprise to anyone that most players are going to predisposed to voting out one of us, simply due to our hydric nature. So, if you're scum, and you're expecting a high chance of dying anyway, and it's a wacky bastard U-Pick... Death Miller's not a bad claim. Prevents us from drawing real conclusions from your flip, which deters people from seeking it, and permanently hinders analysis of it if it does happen.

You are right though that claiming immediately is correct play if you aren't lying. But I just can't bring myself to believe a Death Miller exists at this point.

- Rat
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:02 am

Post by The Cabal »

Actually, it makes perfect sense to say, if I was here and we were given this role, we wouldn’t have claimed it as scum because it draws attention to us.
Something scum don’t like to do.
It’s more work and people are lazy by nature.

And, as already mentioned, statistically, miller claims are usually true.
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:03 am

Post by The Cabal »

You could just read us based off our play. But if you’re not reading town us for how we’re behaving already, I’m not sure that day 1 posts are going to help much until we’re deeper in the game.

-Bell.
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:05 am

Post by The Cabal »

In post 211, WePick wrote:
In post 204, The Cabal wrote:

Scum.

- Rat

DID you agree to the claim?

-Rat
I witnessed and didn't bother to participate in what was a very brief conversation about it because the fact you should claim death miller when you are a death miller is really obvious.

Picture of a raccoon.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:06 am

if you're scum, you wouldn't be a death miller you would just be scum
WePick
WePick
They/Them
Goon
WePick
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:06 am

Post by WePick »

Statistically, Mafia players are usually Town.

- Rat
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:06 am

Post by The Cabal »

I do think we have an exceptionally good chance of getting shot.
But I do like the idea of them letting us live and making them regret it. But I actually don’t need to say that, when I’m alone I just feel kind of stupid saying that because I can easily get owned by the scum team. But in a hydra like this, it doesn’t seem quite as silly to say it.

-Bell
The Cabal
The Cabal
Goon
The Cabal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2024 5:08 am

Post by The Cabal »

In post 222, WePick wrote: Statistically, Mafia players are usually Town.

- Rat

You appear to be under the misconception that an idiot made the statistic and didn’t control for that.

Return to “Throne Room [UPick Games]”