Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4500 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:02 am

Post by implosion »

In post 4459, Sakura Hana wrote: Also sorry Dann and Bingle, i think my shenanigans Day 6 may have contributed to that loss.
I dont really know what other approach we could have taken this game tbh, the high EV drove down my motivation a lot throughout the majority of the game, added to the fact that going for Mercy was all but certain, with anyone that tried to even look at Fight being hit by getting scumread.
This is really fair. I think EV is in some sense the wrong way to look at this setup but I can imagine it being really hard/demotivating to play as scum because I imagine a lot of the time the best strategy is to do what happened this game and make it through the first 2 days and then kind of accept that you're going to suffer until final 7.

I like the concept of the setup but honestly I think the EV issues are the smaller of two flaws (they could be fixed by some number tweaking). The bigger issue is that playing a weirder/different game of mafia is more fun than playing another normal game of it.

Actually I think maybe the best fix is to just change the rand so that Toriel is scum exactly 50% of the time. Right now the fact that usually Toriel will flip town to me makes the mercy/fight decision have a lot of buyer's remorse where it feels like you should pick mercy just because it's usually correct to do so. Obviously it does give town info though.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4501 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:02 am

Post by Alisae »

implo you killed it towards the later end of the game
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4502 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:02 am

Post by Alisae »

gj
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4503 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 4486, Sakura Hana wrote: The thing is that Mercy felt like a foregone conclusion after the EV posts and it also felt like just looking at the direction of the Hurt tag would get you scumread by the entire playerlist. Just didnt feel worth it to try because then they'd just eliminate everyone that voted hurt until all 3 scum were dead or all the people that voted Hurt were dead.
I think making Fight be about only eliminating 2 scum would have helped a lot towards making the case for a potential Fight more convincing. Sort of like Black Flag. It would depend a lot more on what people think of Toriel's alignment rather than purely EV.

I loved the setup though because even as I was being very scumread I didn't need to defend myself, that was amazing!
In post 4490, Sakura Hana wrote: Bingle's hammer wasn't planned i rushed him to do it, i was scared that Shirou would unvote and everyone's world view would change based off RCE voting me.
I dunno if I said it but I had literally typed an unvote after that RCE vote! However I thought about it for a bit and was like "It's unlikely a quickhammer is happening even if Sakura is somehow scum right? It would look pretty bad tomorrow for whoever did it" but then it kinda happened anyway I guess. It also looked less bad than I imagined but still bad enough for me to completely remove Bingle out of the sparing pool.

I did say I was willing to spare Bingle/RCE at twilight though because If you were indeed scum I didn't want to get NK and also wanted scum to NK them if they were town and I was wrong somehow. I also didn't want to point out my plan of just trusting my gut on Ydrasse if she was alive.
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4504 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:07 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4503, Lazy Shirou wrote: I did say I was willing to spare Bingle/RCE at twilight though because If you were indeed scum I didn't want to get NK and also wanted scum to NK them if they were town and I was wrong somehow. I also didn't want to point out my plan of just trusting my gut on Ydrasse if she was alive.
Funny coz before i got to the dead pt i left my teammates instructions to NK Ydrasse, but they deviated and killed implosion anyway.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4505 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 4499, Alisae wrote: do u know what this is from i'm curious if you know or not what half of what you post comes from (I know I'm testing you)
Sort of perhaps? I've only started playing Master Duel for a few days but I think it's Ash Blossom (handtrap) and the dragonmaid deck I use is vulnerable to it, the hand potentially looks like "Call from the Grave" but by the card effect I'm not sure that counters Ash? I don't know enough about the decks to know when to use Ash and I think "Call from the Grave" is a UR so I decided to use Lava Golem/Swords of Concealing Light as my board breakers/disrupt.

I'm a very casual player though, I just didn't want to get my ass kicked in every single match even when I'm playing in the lower ranks

My deck is a weird mix of Blue-eyes/Dragonmaid though, not pure.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #4506 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Freedom »

GG
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4507 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Freedom »

Congrats Town BTW!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4508 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:14 am

Post by implosion »

Anyway. I think Shirou sparing Ydrasse was pretty impressive. I was definitely feeling like Dann was the winning spare, although of course I don't know how I would have felt if I'd been alive. But I definitely would have taken the last day a lot very slowly, though it sounds like possibly the exact same thing might have happened tbh, the question is if RCE would have found me like they managed to find Ydrasse because obviously I wouldn't have minded a fast day with me getting spared. It's definitely a tough kill choice and I think killing me makes a lot of sense from the perspective of it making Dann a good-looking spare, which is part of why I'm impressed with Shirou instavoting Ydrasse. RCE finding Ydrasse is also really impressive given where they started the day at. Really I guess town did manage to play the last day really well, it does feel like snatching victory from the jaws of defeat a bit.

This was a cool game and I enjoyed playing it with people. There's also a part of me that's glad Ydrasse wound up getting spared after the agony of feeling like she had no chance to ever be.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4509 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 4508, implosion wrote: his was a cool game and I enjoyed playing it with people.
I also enjoyed played with you all
Despite me having my mind almost to the point of snapping multiple times and almost replacing out due to sheer stress from this game multiple times, which were things that neither my teammates nor the mod knew.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4510 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 4508, implosion wrote: Anyway. I think Shirou sparing Ydrasse was pretty impressive. I was definitely feeling like Dann was the winning spare, although of course I don't know how I would have felt if I'd been alive. But I definitely would have taken the last day a lot very slowly, though it sounds like possibly the exact same thing might have happened tbh, the question is if RCE would have found me like they managed to find Ydrasse because obviously I wouldn't have minded a fast day with me getting spared. It's definitely a tough kill choice and I think killing me makes a lot of sense from the perspective of it making Dann a good-looking spare, which is part of why I'm impressed with Shirou instavoting Ydrasse. RCE finding Ydrasse is also really impressive given where they started the day at. Really I guess town did manage to play the last day really well, it does feel like snatching victory from the jaws of defeat a bit.

This was a cool game and I enjoyed playing it with people. There's also a part of me that's glad Ydrasse wound up getting spared after the agony of feeling like she had no chance to ever be.
Agreed.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4511 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 4505, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 4499, Alisae wrote: do u know what this is from i'm curious if you know or not what half of what you post comes from (I know I'm testing you)
Sort of perhaps? I've only started playing Master Duel for a few days but I think it's Ash Blossom (handtrap) and the dragonmaid deck I use is vulnerable to it, the hand potentially looks like "Call from the Grave" but by the card effect I'm not sure that counters Ash? I don't know enough about the decks to know when to use Ash and I think "Call from the Grave" is a UR so I decided to use Lava Golem/Swords of Concealing Light as my board breakers/disrupt.

I'm a very casual player though, I just didn't want to get my ass kicked in every single match even when I'm playing in the lower ranks

My deck is a weird mix of Blue-eyes/Dragonmaid though, not pure.
ygo is a bad game don't play it
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4512 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 4487, Ydrasse wrote: shirou’s vote gave me the wim i needed tbqh
I'm glad!

Aside from having a gut about you being town, I thought one of the pluses of voting you is that even if you were scum hopefully it would cheer you up a bit being able to win a game you seemed hopeless about. There was a point in this game I was very frustrated with it so your posts felt relatable and I wanted to help you enjoy it as long as it didn't seem against my wincon!

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4513 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:20 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Fun fact about Ydrasse?
She was the first player i wanted to NK when i was planning the spares and NK for the remainder of the game.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4514 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 4511, Alisae wrote: ygo is a bad game don't play it
I think it's kinda hard to make a more unplayable card game than modern ygo but...nostalgia makes me bit my lips and try to go through the pain!

It's just way too nostalgic/fun to me when I run into someone playing a non-meta deck and we keep flipping tables on who has the lead in the game, some duels get to anime tier shit...

Ygo is to me what pokemon was to a lot of other people. Too nostalgic to not be a guilty pleasure every now and then.

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4515 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

NGL, when Sakura said she had also played Master Duel for a bit I thought "yeah man I gotta trust her" even when it didn't have anything to do with the game!

Ah, the betrayal!

She had set a trap card all along...

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4516 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:27 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

Well that was it!

The early game was rough with the replacements but I enjoyed the playerlist, the undertale lore by Isis and the setup (although I agree it was kinda townsided).

Thank you for modding and everyone for playing!

THANK GOD Ydrasse was actually town and I'm not responsible for losing the game!

Yahoo~

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4517 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

Until the next time, Mafia cowboys

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4518 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Meuh »

Yay we did it! Thanks for modding Isis, had fun :D
Definitely a solid playerlist too :heart_eyes_cat:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4519 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Meuh »

Should've pocketed Shirou...
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #4520 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Isis »

I think the setup is bad because nightless vanilla is the best setup but yes spare gameplay are kind of worse than vanilla
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4521 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 4519, Meuh wrote: Should've pocketed Shirou...
I was really sad I had a wrong read on you :(

My bad, I wish I had found town!you and we could have kept bantering through the days

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4522 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Fun fact, if i was town i probs wouldn't have eliminated Meuh.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4523 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Meuh »

Mountainous open but with a twist is my favourite game type tbh
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4524 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Meuh's elimination was the only one that ate me inside to do, but i had to do it coz i was scum.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”