Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Aegor »

I'll answer for him (based on my extremely limited information). In his PM, he said that there were a lot of reasons for voting for either, but ultimately he picked you. He'll probably elaborate, but there's a quick answer.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Aegor! Your pm kept me in such suspense! How dare you toy with my emotions! :P
I was hoping that the town dropped enough fake wolf-is-the-king tells that you'd kill him, but alas.
You almost did, actually. I told Aegor when I sent my choice that I had about a thousand reasons to choose either one. If I'd have been lynched earlier, I'd have chosen him as he was my pick very early on.

And OMG the Armlx thing drove me nuts. Why oh why, I thought, wouldn't the town have gone on lynching Wolf D2 unless he's the king after Armlx turned up guard. Another D1 mystery--Why oh why, I thought, would Kscope have laid a second vote on the king when armlx just said anyone over 1 vote should be lynched. How convenient though, I thought, that everyone decided that it should be
votes.

It was the last few lynches that pushed me toward Bulvox, though. It was very clear that anyone voting (or threatening to vote) Bulvox at the end was toast. Wolf's very last comment made me ask "what did I do that made him so sure I was a better lynch than Bulvox if he's the king?"

The town did a great job of laying lots of votes (the most out of anybody) of wolf w/o lynching him. I almost chose him just for that alone. I did notice, however, that Bulvox accumulated lots of FOSes, and even a random D2 vote by Crazy. Nobody who voted Bulvox survived, while Bulvox had laid a vote on wolf and survived to the end. Ceph threatened to vote Bulvox, and I laid a vote on him before Ceph could to test him, and Ceph didn't seem so sure that Bul was next ;)

Oh, and all the comments to Wolf to keep quiet were good as well. I made a note of that. The town did well, I'd say. Lots of WIFOM left behind, and assumed correctly that I'd assume that the king would gain lots of votes.

I don't have much else in my notes, other than a record of every vote placed, in order, as well as a note on who has voted for each living person. I would suggest that the town make sure everyone checks in and even votes before a lynch ensues. Otherwise, I don't know what the best strategy for the game is. Discussion is a catch 22, really. There's lots of room for error, but then there's lots of room for laying WIFOM. Any "mistake" has potential to be turned to WIFOM (Armlx's mistake, and the town's refusal to correct it, for example). The town should be on the same page, really, and anyone who isn't can be lynched (unless it's the king... that'd be unfortunate).

This was fun! (won't do it again though...)
In Tartiflette We Trust
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Mirth »

Neko, one question for you. Were you really away or lurking a bit?
Bulvox
Bulvox
Goon
Bulvox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by Bulvox »

Mirth wrote:Neko, one question for you. Were you really away or lurking a bit?
actually, that's what convinced me to vote for Neko.
Know what's awesome? When you get out of high school, you're free to say "You're an idiot" and [b]never see that person again.[/b]
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Haha, I really was away. I was in Chicago, staying at a hotel w/ no free internet :( . I was genuinely frustrated by the quicklynches, though they did help me quite a bit.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Aegor »

I will answer as the mod. Neko was away. I would not have let him lurk while lying in that manner.

In this other games, he posted that he was going to be away (sorry neko, but I wanted to make sure, so I dug a little dirt up :P). He also responded to my PMs stating that he would be away.

To replace or not to replace him was a difficult decision for me, actually. If the pace had been normal, I would not have. But the pace was incredible (that's good, actually). On the other hand, there was no need for the pace to go that quickly. Only one person (they can reveal themselves if they wish) PMed me about neko's absence after I opened up the discussion (one-way, by PM, of course) about whether he should be replaced or not. The PM was one factor. The other was that, as I said, the pace of the game wasn't necessary. You guys could have adjusted as necessary if you had wanted to. Four days isn't a long time. Because neko hadn't contributed that much, replacing him wouldn't have been awful. On the other hand, I would rather not have to replace anyone once the game has started. I've been a replacement several times, and it was very difficult for me to convince others that they shouldn't look at my predecessor too closely.

There you go.
M A S Q U E R A D E
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by neko2086 »

(sorry neko, but I wanted to make sure, so I dug a little dirt up ).
Totally understand. Sorry to have put you in a tough position. I was anticipating having free access so I could have at least posted a little until I got back. Ten bucks/day for Tmobile, though... ugh
In Tartiflette We Trust
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Aegor »

"Totally understand. Sorry to have put you in a tough position. I was anticipating having free access so I could have at least posted a little until I got back. Ten bucks/day for Tmobile, though... ugh"

No problem. I hate not having free internet. I stayed at a 40-dollar a night motel in Washington State (where I live) for a science competition. They had free Wi-Fi. I stayed at a 300-dollar a night hotel in Boston, and we needed to pay 15 bucks for a CABLE. It's ridiculous.

Fortunately, I have a phone that has internet so now I don't have to worry about that anymore. :P
M A S Q U E R A D E
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Mirth »

Aegor wrote:I stayed at a 300-dollar a night hotel in Boston, and we needed to pay 15 bucks for a CABLE. It's ridiculous.
It's Boston. Don't expect it to make any sense.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Yeah, I expect that from expensive places, but a frickin Red Roof in the burbs?

Anyway, I have a question for everyone now... what was with the mirth record-breaking speedlynch? Was it just because of her vote-hopping?
In Tartiflette We Trust
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by armlx »

Mirth should have been considered scum for trying to prompt me to do what I did D1.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by Mirth »

I wasnt trying to prompt you to do what you did day 1, but I deserved a lynch for continuing to push Wolf after everyone else decided to leave him be.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

neko wrote:Ceph threatened to vote Bulvox, and I laid a vote on him before Ceph could to test him, and Ceph didn't seem so sure that Bul was next Wink
Yeah, basically. I thought it was K-scope.

On my last day alive I was pretty sure it was neko, but I knew it didn't even matter anymore. Also, people kept lynching on my fake kings. Jerks.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, and I did almost put the second vote on Bulvox. But I was too scared that either wolf was scum, or it would be too obvious when wolf didn't lynch Bul, or wolf would blow it by voting me.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:32 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

'Twas my fourth AITP. I'd say the more you lurk, the more chance you have as an assassin. I think it was pretty obvious after D1 that Bulvox was king (as he didn't get any votes in the first stage), that's why I went full after him.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:41 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”