GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Vote:RestFermata
, because, as a long time chorus and show choir student, I admire the avatar, which must mean you're trying to lull me into a false sense of security!
dalt54321
dalt54321
Townie
dalt54321
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by dalt54321 »

GhostWriter wrote:
Vote:RestFermata
, because, as a long time chorus and show choir student, I admire the avatar, which must mean you're trying to lull me into a false sense of security!
i sing too!
unvote

vote restfermata
For those of you keeping score at home...
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Unvote, vote: GhostWriter
for being so arrogant as to think I would make this account just for him! Plus I'm a pianist, and as everyone knows there is a silent war between vocalists and instrumentalists ;)

P.S. OMGUS
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Crub »

Doh, missed confirmations and I only signed up yesterday.

Random
vote: Xtoxm
Moo?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Oh, I just love random OMGUS votes. They make me happy inside!
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

vote thinktank

cuz the evil monkey made me
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by goborage »

LlamaFluff wrote:
goborage wrote:
Vote: Kmd4390
You're what the Spaniards call El Terrible.
Again, a complete character claim isnt the best path to take D1, this will simply add speculation which is not needed. This is the type of time I wish my vote counted.
Not a character claim. I suppose the first quote didn't really make sense (it was something along the lines of "this is my house"). #2 being Cleveland was coincidence. I just felt that that needed to be said.

Anyways if anyone is making early claims it's you. What's the point of telling us that your vote doesn't count? Are you trying to pass this off as some kind of pro-town role handicap? Why would anyone other than scum do that?

FoS: LF
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

goborage wrote: Not a character claim. I suppose the first quote didn't really make sense (it was something along the lines of "this is my house"). #2 being Cleveland was coincidence. I just felt that that needed to be said.
Fair enough, two quotes from a secondary character was unusual though. Im assuming you see my point in thinking character claim is bad though?
Anyways if anyone is making early claims it's you. What's the point of telling us that your vote doesn't count? Are you trying to pass this off as some kind of pro-town role handicap? Why would anyone other than scum do that?
Well just wait for the votecount, my vote never gets counted. I got hit with a restriction, lucky me. If I didnt claim at VC people would start trying to figure out who was causing what to happen regarding why the votes were off, so I decided to put out my restriction early on. This saves time later.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

Auctioner: Our first item is a pair of panties confiscated from a prostitute.
Quagmire: Fifty bucks.
Auctioner: She had nine STDs.
Quagmire: Forty-five bucks.
Auctioner: And when we caught her she wet herself.
Quagmire: Fifty bucks.

vote count:

ghostWriter 1 vote (RestFermata)
goborage 1 vote (LlamaFluff)
LlamaFluff 1 vote (kloud1516)
Inspector Godot 1 vote: (Xtoxm)
Xtoxm 2 vote: (kmd4390, Crub)
kmd4390 1 vote: (goborage)
RestFermata 2 votes: (GhostWriter, dalt54321)
thinktank 1 vote: (babygirl86)

Not voting:

Inspector Godot
thinktank

Day 1 ends August 25th, 4:00pm PST
With 12 people it takes 7 to lynch.

I will search the time zone map later to see what is what.

FYI see rule 12:
12) A lynch will require the votes of a majority of players. When a majority is reached, no further votes/unvotes will be counted. If majority is not reached by deadline the person with the highest votes is lynched.
Be aware that the numbers may be misleading when it comes to votes
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Be aware that the numbers may be misleading when it comes to votes.
...Could this possibly mean that just because a certain player's vote doesn't show up on the official vote count doesn't mean the vote is ACTUALLY void when it comes lynching time?
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

Random vote Kloud

He's in another mini theme with me. OMG HE MUST BE SCUM!
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

RestFermata wrote:
...Could this possibly mean that just because a certain player's vote doesn't show up on the official vote count doesn't mean the vote is ACTUALLY void when it comes lynching time?

We've already had one of the players tell us of a restriction, that involves us not seeing their vote. This may have something to do with it. And since that person said the restriction caused their vote not to count, it may work both ways. Some won't show and will count, some won't show and won't count, some will show and won't count... That's what I'm seeing, anyway.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

GhostWriter wrote: We've already had one of the players tell us of a restriction, that involves us not seeing their vote. This may have something to do with it. And since that person said the restriction caused their vote not to count, it may work both ways. Some won't show and will count, some won't show and won't count, some will show and won't count... That's what I'm seeing, anyway.
Correct, with me on a wagon it basically becomes 8 to lynch instead of 7. I do think goborage should be getting a few votes though, apart from the name claim thing, his willingness to put me under suspicion for just having a vote restiction is scummy to me.
Co-host of The USL Show
dalt54321
dalt54321
Townie
dalt54321
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:17 am

Post by dalt54321 »

wait did he really mean the 25th?

Days last 3 weeks. Deadline is August 25th.
For those of you keeping score at home...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:25 am

Post by farside22 »

Here is the website for US time zones. Hope it helps.

http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/time_zone.shtml
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:55 am

Post by kloud1516 »

GhostWriter wrote:
RestFermata wrote:

We've already had one of the players tell us of a restriction, that involves us not seeing their vote. This may have something to do with it. And since that person said the restriction caused their vote not to count, it may work both ways. Some won't show and will count, some won't show and won't count, some will show and won't count... That's what I'm seeing, anyway.
This makes sense to me, but also makes me feel like we should be a little more cautious with our votes. If there are people with votes that are not seen, the town might accidentally lynch someone without realizing it until it is too late. Just a thought.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:52 am

Post by thinktank »

vote: Inspector Godot

Because I don't plan on waiting under a tree for you.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
goborage
goborage
Goon
goborage
Goon
Goon
Location: Moe's Tavern Occupation: Bartender, Part-time Scumhunter

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:01 am

Post by goborage »

^ This guy rules. You're Canadian too? Awesome. Anyways as a townie it is my duty to scrutinize your every move LF.
Well if you're so sure what it ain't, how about tellin' us what it am!
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:38 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

goborage wrote: Anyways as a townie it is my duty to scrutinize your every move LF.
Labling me scum for having a vote restiction is in itself scummy though, not a town action. Given rule 12 I doubt im the only one with this problem too. My attempts to end RV stage over this seem futal
Co-host of The USL Show
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Xtoxm »

It looks like we have quite short days, so we can't hang around.
LlamaFluff wrote:
goborage wrote:
Vote: Kmd4390
You're what the Spaniards call El Terrible.
Again, a complete character claim isnt the best path to take D1, this will simply add speculation which is not needed. This is the type of time I wish my vote counted.
Interesting resrction Llama. Obviously I don't think you'd fake something like that. No character comes to mind that would be voteless...

But I don't see what you accuse GB of?

I don't see him claim anywhere, or suggest claiming, in his 2 posts.

Whta are you on about?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Not a character claim. I suppose the first quote didn't really make sense (it was something along the lines of "this is my house"). #2 being Cleveland was coincidence. I just felt that that needed to be said.
Did you just claim Cleveland...?

Well. I don't think an early breadcrumb is implicative of scum. If anything, i'd say quite the opposite.
Yes, this is a very good point.

If you are town, you have just told the scum that you are a voteless townie, and that they don't want to touch you at night. The optimal strategy of a voteless townie is to keep trying and try to attract the NK.

So, if you are town, you have been careless.

So with that i'll
unvote vote LF

Why did you claim?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think this makes good sense. The VC will just show where we have our votes, not a real vote count, I think.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:30 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Xtoxm wrote:
Did you just claim Cleveland...?

Well. I don't think an early breadcrumb is implicative of scum. If anything, i'd say quite the opposite.
And why exactly would hinting at your character be implicative of town? As of now, seeing as how we really don't have much information, I am under the assumption that character role is not necessarily indicative of alignment. Until this assumption is diputed, I have viewed this possible hinting at characters a null tell.

What makes others believe that character claiming would indicate a particular alignment? Have I missed something important?
Xtoxm wrote:
Yes, this is a very good point.

If you are town, you have just told the scum that you are a voteless townie, and that they don't want to touch you at night. The optimal strategy of a voteless townie is to keep trying and try to attract the NK.

So, if you are town, you have been careless.

So with that i'll
unvote vote LF

Why did you claim?
QFT. Claiming might have not been the best move, and I would like to know why you did so.

I find this to be suspicious, but at the same time I can see why claiming a post restriction would also help the town avoid confusion. As already pointed out, the vote count can/will be deceiving due to the fact that post restrictions are present. By LF claiming early that he had one, we have been made aware of vote restrictions and can analyze the game accordingly. As I said earlier, this also makes me feel that caution should be taken when voting, as we could accidentally lynch because of these possibly hidden votes.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Xtoxm »

And why exactly would hinting at your character be implicative of town? As of now, seeing as how we really don't have much information, I am under the assumption that character role is not necessarily indicative of alignment. Until this assumption is diputed, I have viewed this possible hinting at characters a null tell.

What makes others believe that character claiming would indicate a particular alignment? Have I missed something important?
Well. I don't think a scum would want to character claim at the start, before they know everything. It may come to light later that there is some kind of link/information the have, that suggest his character is indeed scum. A townie has no worry about doing something like this, as they have the knowledge that they are town.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Inspector Godot »

kloud1516 wrote: And why exactly would hinting at your character be implicative of town? As of now, seeing as how we really don't have much information, I am under the assumption that character role is not necessarily indicative of alignment. Until this assumption is diputed, I have viewed this possible hinting at characters a null tell.

This. Does Family Guy even have villains? The Chicken is the only one that comes to mind. The whole coming out and telling us of a vote restriction seems suspicious to me. I want more info. Does it count and just not show up on the board? Because a voteless player would be useless unless they were a power role or scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”