Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 2799, Alisae wrote: DGB trolling w/ F3 hammer was really funny btw
I have to admit

I have never, ever, in 16 years on this site read DGB wrong

UNTIL THIS VERY GAME

Literally thought she was scum from like Day 3 onwards! Mala even alluded to it when she said DGB was confirmed town and then said "nevermind," it was because I had told her I thought DGB could still be scum!

SIXTEEN years and countless games together! The streak is dead, I'll be mourning it by drinking in the bathtub. Sorry DGB, I shouldn't have doubted you. Even if you never found out that I did lol.

<3
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by Alisae »

Also I agree I don't think this setup should have been in the team mafia format as a normal game.
I think the idea was to try to punish the all town hood for claiming but like idunno the kind people that put hoods in a game like this are the people who want to torture their players. I think in general having something this gimmicky for a normal game is probably just too much?
Idunno I don't think mechsolving a hood in the normal game in the TM format is something that should be encouraged.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2800, kuribo wrote:
I have to admit

UNTIL THIS VERY GAME

Literally thought she was scum from like Day 3 onwards! Mala even alluded to it when she said DGB was confirmed town and then said "nevermind," it was because I had told her I thought DGB could still be scum!

SIXTEEN years and countless games together! The streak is dead, I'll be mourning it by drinking in the bathtub. Sorry DGB, I shouldn't have doubted you. Even if you never found out that I did lol.

<3
I eventually came to the conclusion that you and xof don't read dgb wrong and that things just don't make sense w/ how mastina hood was played out if she was mafia.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2795, Alisae wrote:
In post 2794, DkKoba wrote: if you read scumchat i had a major life event around the time and a bus was optimal for me there to not drag down, figured 2 for 1 was good enough.
I think you getting bussed is fine but the guilty I think would never happen if mastina was actually town. I also thought that was in line for what would happen if you were mafia.
If mastina is a town rolecop I believe they just get roleblocked
i do not fear guilties as scum, i in fact, welcome them if i am suspecting i will die because it chokes the gamestate. shirou was deadass wrong about that fact and it was amusing but also annoying that it was right for the wrong reasons
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 2802, Alisae wrote:
In post 2800, kuribo wrote:
I have to admit

UNTIL THIS VERY GAME

<3
I eventually came to the conclusion that you and xof don't read dgb wrong and that things just don't make sense w/ how mastina hood was played out if she was mafia.
I will say I am extremely rusty having played like two games in the past two years

Also DGB is harder for me to read when I can't interact directly with her.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by xofelf »

Oh goodness, I wouldn't say that I wouldn't read her *wrong* just that, she's one of those players that when she's not actually trying to sort people or pull a town gambit, I think it's pretty easy to tell.

Tbh, not protecting me was the right move, cuz I never would have seen DV. Excellent job of managing I think.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i think normal games should have hoods that are closed during the nightphase btw, hoods are a great balancing mechanic but *forcing scum in hoods to fake solve overnight and letting town leave legacies after flips is so powerful*
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i was very angry about this and then peta @'d me with "sorry for the loss" and i was even madder but then town won so i was not mad
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2803, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2794, DkKoba wrote: if you read scumchat i had a major life event around the time and a bus was optimal for me there to not drag down, figured 2 for 1 was good enough.
I think you getting bussed is fine but the guilty I think would never happen if mastina was actually town. I also thought that was in line for what would happen if you were mafia.
i do not fear guilties as scum, i in fact, welcome them if i am suspecting i will die because it chokes the gamestate. shirou was deadass wrong about that fact and it was amusing but also annoying that it was right for the wrong reasons
it was me that planted that idea in his head.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Alisae »

ig I was wrong about it but the solve is still right cuz hood mech LOL
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by xofelf »

But also, look, yet again I roll town. I barely remember what a scum PM looks like :sob:
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2807, Ydrasse wrote:
i was very angry about this and then peta @'d me with "sorry for the loss" and i was even madder but then town won so i was not mad
Imagine how Shirou was
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2808, Alisae wrote:
In post 2803, DkKoba wrote:
it was me that planted that idea in his head.
if cop wants to waste an investigative on a person who just scumclaimed through dayplay it spews less people town LOL
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 2810, xofelf wrote: But also, look, yet again I roll town. I barely remember what a scum PM looks like :sob:
I feel that, my last scum game was Team Mafia 2020 and I haven't won as scum since 2017

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2805, xofelf wrote: Tbh, not protecting me was the right move, cuz I never would have seen DV. Excellent job of managing I think.
eeeeeeeeh tbh I thought wolves wouldn't shoot you if we threatened the doc on you. I was really surprised to see that you got shot and that wolves called protecting you as a bluff. It's def the right play
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2812, DkKoba wrote: if cop wants to waste an investigative on a person who just scumclaimed through dayplay it spews less people town LOL
ya ok this is true
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by xofelf »

Also, Koba, even though we were not on the same side, I genuinely enjoyed playing with you. Hope your RL stuff has improved.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2814, Alisae wrote:
In post 2805, xofelf wrote: Tbh, not protecting me was the right move, cuz I never would have seen DV. Excellent job of managing I think.
eeeeeeeeh tbh I thought wolves wouldn't shoot you if we threatened the doc on you. I was really surprised to see that you got shot and that wolves called protecting you as a bluff. It's def the right play
between this and the mario game, the lesson is: DO YOUR OPTIMAL ACTION ESP WHEN THERES MECHANICAL BENEFIT.

its like in pokemon trying to predict something weird and end up getting reverse swept when the best play is to just kill whats in front of you so your opponent doesnt get a foothold
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:06 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Shirou was malding so hard at DGB supposed scumflip it was amazing.
I was reasonably convinced DGB was just trolling though and it had to be Deas though.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2816, xofelf wrote: Also, Koba, even though we were not on the same side, I genuinely enjoyed playing with you. Hope your RL stuff has improved.
thank you! you were a slot I felt I needed to kill in my gut but I just had bigger fish i needed to go for unfortunately.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

GG fun game while i was alive but i was glad to die to not face the pages of wallposting

i agree that this setup was not really what i expected for a normal game in team mafia and i think that it should have been less complex, it felt like to me it was a celebration of complexity being added as something you could warn for/advertise/etc in normal queue but i was really 'meh' when it unfolded as it did, not because i think it's a "bad" setup but because i don't think it's in the spirit of what it should be for this event. i don't think i would have joined this having known what it would unfold into. despite my complaining thank you for designing it and running it, it is really appreciated.

however it did make me feel big brained when i guessed that it was non-multitasking and mastina was a wolf from her very first neighborhood posts. Neurons Activated
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I said several times in our discord that I consider a game with 12 neighbors and 1 vt a theme game, but fair enough.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Also Shirou didn’t convey it that well.
But Alisae and me both came to the same conclusion that scum had to be exactly Mastina/Deasvail independently. I didn’t read mechanics at all, just focused on which players was townie or scummy and what the PoE left it as.
So i think we did a good job egging Shirou on to follow that solve despite any doubts they had.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2794, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2792, Alisae wrote: guilty on the koba slot was gamelosing
if you read scumchat i had a major life event around the time and a bus was optimal for me there to not drag down, figured 2 for 1 was good enough.

mastina had it if she didnt... try to get townread by shirou (??) and instead thunderdomed them for not protecting xof

i was in my teamchat just yelling "pls kill xof and visit shirou and thunderdome the one thats relevant"

also this setup was too townsided imo esp for a team mafia format... too much ease of clearing and easy hints at scum roles, with an inability to reliably fakeclaim or block the 2 docs that could follow the cop on eachother, im a bit against setups where scum are intended to magically know what roles they need to aim for and who has those roles in order to not be in a losing scenario instead of being able to just aim for maybe a PR read here and mainly focus on killing people with good townplay.

mafia are supposed to be an informed party and they felt very uninformed here :/

gg tho

mafia got barely lucky with night actions and still couldnt overcome the setup
You oversold it though. You made it all theatrical with the quickhammer which made it obvious.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 2813, kuribo wrote:
In post 2810, xofelf wrote: But also, look, yet again I roll town. I barely remember what a scum PM looks like :sob:
I feel that, my last scum game was Team Mafia 2020 and I haven't won as scum since 2017
I was scum in a hydra with Pine, and then in the Survivormeet Invitational, both games which couldn't finish for reasons. Before that, I don't think I've had a scum PM since 2009. I tend to roll VT a ridiculous amount of the time, so it was at least nice to get to do things.
In post 2819, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2816, xofelf wrote: Also, Koba, even though we were not on the same side, I genuinely enjoyed playing with you. Hope your RL stuff has improved.
thank you! you were a slot I felt I needed to kill in my gut but I just had bigger fish i needed to go for unfortunately.
That is completely fair! And your gut was a little right :P but seriously, you did a fantastic job of wording things in a way that seemed completely reasonable from somebody scumhunting from my perspective.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”