Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/She || He

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:16 am

Post by Hell Froze Over »

Ok, I need to take notes to sort through Keeper's lingo.
In post 29, The Keeper wrote: To find myself in affiliation with the invocation against the supposed good of a benediction in contradistinction from malediction is a situation of much confusion.

One would hold The Legemeton while other holds The Book of Virtues, while I must wander on with The Idiots Guide to Telepathy.

I guess I must aim for the Marked and VOTE: Enchant
Translation:
shallow rvs joke (N.B.: Guide to telepathy grants homing tears every two rooms. If it's a crumb I have no idea of what.)

Why is Enchant marked?
@mods, is it possible for wincons other than invocation, malediction and benediction to exist?

In post 92, The Keeper wrote:
In post 41, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 19, Enchant wrote:
In post 6, IceDragon70 wrote: Hi guys I claim Benediction!
Any CC's?
You are bad at scumclaiming. Watch and learn.

I HAVE
GREEN
ROLE PM
Wait, is Benediction even scum? All I can see is that they are an informed minority, unless I'm missing something in the setup that doesn't necessarily mean they're a threat to town.
Benediction comes from a small ritual to grant Blessings upon us like Angels and such.

Blessings can be curses and curses can be blessings, its a matter of perspective.

3 of my hearts for the mighty Brimstone I feel is a worthy trade. To have a Revelation is possibly better but as the cost potentially of an early spike. Better hope you find The Red Key or even Blue. Personally I dont mind a run going for Revelation with a Planetarium.
(N.B.: angels in the game are hostile, like demons. It's possible this may just be a joke to reiterate that benediction could work as a flavor of bad guys. As items, Revelation is also like the angelic form of Brimstone)
In post 93, The Keeper wrote:
In post 54, Abnegation wrote: i’m a manifestation of aversion.
And Yet here you stand...
In post 96, The Keeper wrote:
In post 84, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 83, furtiveglance wrote: It is public knowledge, read the setup post

Benediction and Malediction are different non town factions
The question is if they are threats to town. I played Devil's Advocate I suppose and suggested a possibility that Benediction, bearing a green role color and a name like that, might in fact not be antagonistic to town.
Devils Advocate, huh. Simply another way of saying "excuse me while I become an Anus."

Your pushes and questions are awful, Id take The Poop over what youve just tried to Flush.
Pretty self explanatory.
In post 98, The Keeper wrote:
In post 95, Feysal wrote: Meanwhile, we have all pretty much ignored Abnegation claiming miller. Not sure what to make of it, except that claiming it right at the start is generally the right play. This is multiball though, and her claim could make either scum team suspect her of belonging to the other, potentially exposing her to nightkills. Leaving this alone for now.
You raise it simply to say to leave it?
Did you find The Book of the Dead? Or simply did you start with Death?
I don't understand this post. May be a wordplay on "raise" as the book raises the corpses of dead foes, but still what's up with Death? He can't appear in a run at all before act 3 iirc, so one can't "start with it", and it bears no relevance to the point at hand anyway. So what gives?
In post 143, The Keeper wrote:
In post 104, Feysal wrote:
In post 98, The Keeper wrote:You raise it simply to say to leave it?
Pretty much. With a claim like this, I expect corroborating evidence to turn up sooner or later - such as the presence of a cop who can get those reads as results.
The point of the claim is that no such waste of power occurs, if you're Marked you lose a lot of damage when you miss.

The solution here is simply that the person must be shown a game over screen, probably before we get the choice of Sheol or Cathedral...
This is easy, "we should execute abnegation before taking her to XLo".

However, what is it with Marked again. For reference, Marked fires tears toward a freely moving crosshair instead of in the cardinal directions; the joke appears to work if Keeper was instead talking about Dead Eye which gives an increasing damage buff that resets on a miss. I would find it strange for Keeper to make basic errors like that on faer own shtick, and this is the second time Marked is mention, it's gotta be some kind of crumb...
In post 145, The Keeper wrote: Also you're all sat here asking the moderator questions when its clear all the answers are simply TMTRAINER.

We have the information we are going to receive. Now it is down to us what we do with it.
Also easy, "the mod can lie".
For reference, TMTRAINER changes all items encountered further in the run to random procedurally generated items that do crazy stuff.
In post 154, The Keeper wrote:
In post 114, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 111, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 81, Rautherdir wrote: But then again I didn't notice the flavour on alignment thing in setup so. If I'd seen that I'd have gone with the assumption that they are indeed scum and waited til day 2 when more information from public night actions is available to present it as a possibility depending on what happened.
I think the whole point of this setup is that there's no "town" and "scum", because the uninformed majority is actually "neutral" in the struggle between good and evil (judging by the fact that we're colored Ike third parties and Benediction is colored like town).
I realized that later, yeah. Invocation is neutral, Malediction is evil, Benediction is good. The question then is... We can likely presume this is a fight between Malediction and Benediction, but then what about Invocation? We can probably assume that Malediction doesn't have the best interests for Invocation, Benediction is perhaps more in the air.
(A situation where this is literally a fight between Malediction and Benediction, and Invocation is literally just the third party with a survivor like win con in the end is amusing to me but I don't think that's the case, I assume there is in fact threats to Invocation based on our win con, we'd literally have already won if there aren't any threats.)
Invocation is the means to obtain both Benediction and Malediction. Affiliation with either is yet to be decided, I'd rather neither as the freedom to invoke both and maintain balance is crucial.
Ok, this is interesting. Surely we should
hope
that one of the two is benign, why is the Keeper here preferring to have both as malign groupscum?
In post 155, The Keeper wrote:
In post 122, Rautherdir wrote: Still tempted to claim so that I can get info on how to even use my role effectively. I probably shouldn't so that I can be one of the less critical roles to eat a night kill but. I can just try to be town to eat a night kill instead soooo actually let me just claim.

I am a manifestation of Confirmation. I have the option to target a player each night to check if my action was successful.

I have no idea how this is even useful, and not even sure what the role is even called normally if it is an actual defined role in the wiki. Closest I could find was Visitor, but none of the modifiers function in a way to make it work like that.

I'm going to suggest that regardless of alignment we likely shouldn't broadcast what we are unless we want to early Genesis and just put all the items and cards out for free perusal.
Straightforward.
In post 156, The Keeper wrote:
In post 137, Rautherdir wrote: Also casting shade on an IC. Yes mod misdirection is possible, that doesn't allow outright lying I believe. Misdirection would be more like... well, saying Benediction is an informed minority but not mentioning if they are threats to Invocation, in the situation where Benediction is able to win with Invocation.
If you misdirect you lie.
Note that this is the first post with no tboi reference.
In post 159, The Keeper wrote:
In post 150, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 143, The Keeper wrote:
In post 104, Feysal wrote:
In post 98, The Keeper wrote:You raise it simply to say to leave it?
Pretty much. With a claim like this, I expect corroborating evidence to turn up sooner or later - such as the presence of a cop who can get those reads as results.
The point of the claim is that no such waste of power occurs, if you're Marked you lose a lot of damage when you miss.

The solution here is simply that the person must be shown a game over screen, probably before we get the choice of Sheol or Cathedral...
Why must thou talk in riddles?
I have charons obel, given I'm dead and I have nothing better to do... I have a lot of time.
In post 267, The Keeper wrote:
In post 242, Rautherdir wrote: And with the mod V/LA as well. But yeah let's not speedrun this game, no one has actually outright scum claimed and we would really like to have the time to develop reads on other people as well.
And yet Enchant claimed green.
In post 268, The Keeper wrote: A thought appears to be locked inside the Top Secret Room. Fortunately I have bombs.

It is possible for someone to be multiple non town alignments.
In post 284, The Keeper wrote: Never.

And I said what I said.

It could well be that we have someone who carries Duality. Able to be both Angel and Devil - but never reveal such to the other.
I feel this is suggesting that abnegation is the carrier of duality. This is a bit off the wall thing to suggest and I don't like it
Hydra of biancospino and Doctor Drew.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Interesting.

I haven't had much time the last couple days to analyze things too much, but what Keeper has posted has definitely confused me.

Won't be free too much until Monday.

Not v/la.....will try to follow along.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Narration
Narration
he/him
Goon
Narration
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Narration »

In post 25, Hell Froze Over wrote:
@mods, is it possible for wincons other than invocation, malediction and benediction to exist?
No. There are no secret wincons.
Moderator Account Of RH9, specifically for Themes
Hell Froze Over
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:58 am

Sorry if I'm leaving a bit blindsighted but the truth is I've no actual idea of what Snake is talking about. But it was clearly a pr hunt and I'm of the strong opinion that explaining crumbs is negative ev for town, so I had to stop the conversation on the keeper crumb down.

That said, I do indeed have a pet theory on the matter. I do think the Marked stuff is definitively the crumb here. Note that the keeper has:
  • made multiple reference to items that care about not missing, like dead eye and the guide to telepathy (which grants homing projectiles)
  • said that faer's going to reveal who fae really is, so presumably is able to confirm faer role.
  • I'd like you to confront those pictures:
    • this is the wiki picture on vig:Image
    • this is the appearance of the Marked item ingame:Image
You see.
Hell Froze Over
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:07 am

Would also make the awkward Death joke make a little bit of sense now that I'm thinking about it
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

You sly devil, I don't think I would have put all that together.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I thought Fey was talking about a previous game in regards to the hydra thing?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by biancospino »

Yes, mine was a joke
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Also, Rauth is definitely scum.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

The response to your vote was sus as all hell.

Pun intended
Hell Froze Over
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:26 pm

In post 383, Hugir wrote:
In post 382, Hell Froze Over wrote: Sounded like a thing you wanted to tell to the other head.

AD is hearing you here
I wish my other head is here lol
I think hebi is still busy
hebi was listed as online like a minute ago lol
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by biancospino »

If the rauth wagon loses traction like this, we plausibly need to jump to another cart, idk.
In post 380, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 377, Hell Froze Over wrote:
In post 146, IceDragon70 wrote: What do you think of ActionDan's ISO? To me it looks like a bunch of nothing
trying to look like something
I mean, you were not just saying that it was nothing, you were saying (per the
underlined
) that it was malicious nothing.

~b
Yeah, you are right. Please forgive ne for I have sinned!

Anyways, the Rauth wagon seems interesting, lemmie just do a quick ISO of them and I'll tell you what I thibk about it.
I wanted to ask you about this; I do feel there's here hints of the same thing that was sus in Rauth, specifically how Ice is admitting he did a wrong with the tail between the legs, and then quickly going on to dismiss the accuse anyway (plus the quasi-religious phraseme may be trying to be slightly emotionally charged).

That Rauth
is
voting Ice is giving me pause though
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 36, biancospino wrote: If the rauth wagon loses traction like this, we plausibly need to jump to another cart, idk.
In post 380, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 377, Hell Froze Over wrote:
In post 146, IceDragon70 wrote: What do you think of ActionDan's ISO? To me it looks like a bunch of nothing
trying to look like something
I mean, you were not just saying that it was nothing, you were saying (per the
underlined
) that it was malicious nothing.

~b
Yeah, you are right. Please forgive ne for I have sinned!

Anyways, the Rauth wagon seems interesting, lemmie just do a quick ISO of them and I'll tell you what I thibk about it.
I wanted to ask you about this; I do feel there's here hints of the same thing that was sus in Rauth, specifically how Ice is admitting he did a wrong with the tail between the legs, and then quickly going on to dismiss the accuse anyway (plus the quasi-religious phraseme may be trying to be slightly emotionally charged).

That Rauth
is
voting Ice is giving me pause though
Honestly, and think I mentioned it, Ice is just one to give scummy vibes......and I think was just trying to make a nuanced jokey post.

They don't have it in them for that to be a wolfy post imo, if that is what you were thinking.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by biancospino »

What's wrong with Hugir?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

More than I feel good about Enchant, initially them questioning the game start PM thing after it was already discussed made me think.

After the fact I thought it about it more and probably is nothing.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:25 am

Post by biancospino »

On a scale from 0 to 10, how much are you opposed to making the Ice wagon go through?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:32 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

A solid 3 lol
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:15 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 496, Hell Froze Over wrote:
I expect this out of this head, not yours....do better lol.
Yeah, sorry, I was just slightly stressed out yesterday. Reading back I also was a bit like a beligerant asshole, I may need to take a day off to calm down
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:28 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Oh I was just messing around.

And I don't think I noticed you being an asshole.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:37 am

Post by biancospino »

Let's talk mech a bit.
Checker + Empowerer is never both town right? Empowerer looks designed to mess with the Checker there; I'm seriously starting to contemplate that Benediction's factional may be an Alien, which would make Empowerer a scumclaim in a word with a Checker
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I agree. This game is a bit atypical with the roles, but it also doesn't seem like a role madness type of game where any faction could have any role.

Though the whole mod lying possibility keeps making me second guess that.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:05 pm

Post by biancospino »

Did you notice how kawaii was online ~20'
before
the hammer, and did not hammer?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:48 pm

Post by biancospino »

Wild guess, bene/malediction's factional is weak.
So they want to
lim
the other groupscum, not shoot them
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Interesting thought.

Also, any chance we don't get tree stumped tonight?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:15 am

Post by biancospino »

Lol no. Benediction declared they aren't killing us, which likely puts the last nail on our coffin since malediction can't even wifom themselves into not killing the ascetic IC.

Unless they actually believe we're PGO, but I wouldn't bet a penny on that

Return to “Completed Game Topics”