SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:51 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

cerebus3 wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote:I'm still for lynching Wall-E but I don't think it's very realistic to get 7 people to switch votes quick enough and have this tactic work. I'll hang around and vote myself if people still decide to go that way.

Unvote;Vote: Wall-E
If everyone who is voting you votes Wall-E, then we have a quick lynch. And If people backtrack on voteing wall-e when their reasoning to vote you was such, then we have scum.
But the time it takes for all of those people to switch votes onto Wall-E, it could give scum enough time to place an NK.

At this moment, we have everyone we need to lynch me already.

Vote count
(16 players alive = 9 to lynch before deadline)
(6) SleepyPanda – Wall-E, CoheedCambria09, Empking, Battle Mage, Cass, M4yhem
(3) Wall-E – donkeyz12212, cerebus3, SleepyPanda
(2) Porkens – SpyreX, Lord Gurgi
(1) cerebus3 – Porkens

Not voting:
ace1217, farside22, Grimmy, Septia

Deadline:
Thursday 31 July 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:52 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

Agreed ^.

I rather very much have a player who isn't as active as SP to be the quick lynch than anything else.
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote

Wow, what a reaction! Panda, if that was a gambit, i'm officially nominating you for a Scummy when this is over for sheer balls. As i see it, i dont see how you couldve reacted like that as scum. I'm not 100% but im near enough. The reaction of some players to your wagon now is pretty much what seals it.

I was going to wait and see whether anyone else decided to hop on, but apparently the plan is to hop on the inactives now, which seems a little stupid. On the downside, i think we've lost the momentum to gain much from a quicklynch. On the upside, we have a pretty much confirmed townie, and the rest of the day to work with. So, consider the plan i suggested on HOLD. Let's hunt some scum.

Donkey's vote really caught my eye. Did nobody else see how he repeated the EXACT WORDS that Mayhem said, in order to avoid the larger bandwagon? I didnt like the comment much when Mayhem said it, because it implies knowledge of the roles, but this was significantly worse.

Vote: Donkey

We have our next bandwagon guys.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

donkeyz12212 wrote:Agreed ^.

I rather very much have a player who isn't as active as SP to be the quick lynch than anything else.
simulposted. What you REALLY want is a player to be run up who isnt here to defend themselves, so you get a quick mislynch no?

Let me clarify. We WANT inactive scum. Because they are total deadweight. It's the scum who ARE keeping up that i worry about.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cerebus3 wrote:If we are going to quick lynch, we should quick lynch wall-E instead,

unvote,vote:Wall-E

Quicklynching an active player that knows the plan is a bad idea. If he is scum, he has already taken care of it, if he is town, then we just lose a townie for no reason other than we have a *chance* of avoiding the NK.

And I see no reason to be suspicious of Panda right now.
What makes you think that scum can submit a kill for the night which they cannot fulfill because they are DEAD? 0.o

What reason do you see to be suspicious of Panda?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cerebus3 wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote:I'm still for lynching Wall-E but I don't think it's very realistic to get 7 people to switch votes quick enough and have this tactic work. I'll hang around and vote myself if people still decide to go that way.

If everyone who is voting you votes Wall-E, then we have a quick lynch. And If people backtrack on voteing wall-e when their reasoning to vote you was such, then we have scum.
Oh, i guess i'm scum then! EVERYONE BANDWAGON BM!!!!! :D
I dont like this enforcement of the bandwagon.
HoS: Cerebus

I'm happy to bandwagon this guy if the majority prefers.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:59 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

Well if you compare Wall-E's posts and Sleepy Panda - both have been relatively active in my opinion. there have been other players who havent' really posted yet or made a significant appearance yet in this game.

So lynching WALL-E, i assume, is not necessarily the same as lynching an inactive. Just someone less active than SP.

There are still posts in the first two pages that WALL-E had posted that can be used to analyze later on.

For me, between WALL-E or SP, I had rather that WALL-E go as I found them to be more suspect than SP, especially given SP's reaction to the willingness to be the first day lynch.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Quick read. I agree quick lynching and getting scum unaware is good. However actual scum hunting helps too.

vote: M4yhem

I'm not liking how he is following anyone and everyone so quickly with no opinion of his own.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:02 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

I don't think Wall-E has been inactive enough to be called...inactive. There are still people who haven't posted at all yet.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:03 am

Post by cerebus3 »

SleepyPanda wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:

But the time it takes for all of those people to switch votes onto Wall-E, it could give scum enough time to place an NK.

lynching along those lines don't move us closer to catching scum at all. What we are doing is essentially voting no-lynch in order to choose who the scum NK, if you follow. No real chance of catching scum, so we just lose a townie with absolutely no info to go off of.

Put it this way. Say the plan works and the scum don't get a NK, how are we in a better position to win tomorrow than we are today?

Lynching fast is okey by me, be we gain nothing by lynching people we think are town.
BattleMage wrote:What makes you think that scum can submit a kill for the night which they cannot fulfill because they are DEAD? 0.o
So your saying that if the scum that submitted the kill is lynched the scum don't get a night kill? That doesn't make sense.
BattleMage wrote:What reason do you see to be suspicious of Panda?

BM
What? I said there
isn't
any reason to be suspicious.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

donkeyz12212 wrote:Well if you compare Wall-E's posts and Sleepy Panda - both have been relatively active in my opinion. there have been other players who havent' really posted yet or made a significant appearance yet in this game.

So lynching WALL-E, i assume, is not necessarily the same as lynching an inactive. Just someone less active than SP.

There are still posts in the first two pages that WALL-E had posted that can be used to analyze later on.

For me, between WALL-E or SP, I had rather that WALL-E go as I found them to be more suspect than SP, especially given SP's reaction to the willingness to be the first day lynch.
Why are you insisting on lynching someone solely based on activity?
We have plenty of time to get a Cerebus wagon rolling!
Its not like we can get a quicklynch today, so lets lynch someone scummy plz? :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:05 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

cerebus3 wrote:lynching along those lines don't move us closer to catching scum at all. What we are doing is essentially voting no-lynch in order to choose who the scum NK, if you follow. No real chance of catching scum, so we just lose a townie with absolutely no info to go off of.

Put it this way. Say the plan works and the scum don't get a NK, how are we in a better position to win tomorrow than we are today?

Lynching fast is okey by me, be we gain nothing by lynching people we think are town.
Mmm yeah, I see what you're saying.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:06 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:

BM
You misunderstand me. I meant it would be scummy for someone to jump on the panda wagon for your reasoning and yet be apprehensive about voting the Wall-e wagon.

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

SleepyPanda wrote:I don't think Wall-E has been inactive enough to be called...inactive. There are still people who haven't posted at all yet.
would you like to comment on my Donkey and Cerebus cases? :)

@Farside- i see your point, but i dont want to lynch perhaps the most active player besides myself and Panda on Day 1 just because he does as he is told. Scum that can be ordered around is as good as town. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cerebus3 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:

BM
You misunderstand me. I meant it would be scummy for someone to jump on the panda wagon for your reasoning and yet be apprehensive about voting the Wall-e wagon.
Which is what i have done. Which means i am scummy. So you can either vote for me, or be proven to be a complete hypocrite.

Your call.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:11 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

I'm really not though. We were on our way to quick-lynching SP and I just found SP's reaction to be very pro-town.

And I was trying to clarify that I did not think Wall-E is really an inactive. That's all.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cerebus3 wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:

lynching along those lines don't move us closer to catching scum at all. What we are doing is essentially voting no-lynch in order to choose who the scum NK, if you follow. No real chance of catching scum, so we just lose a townie with absolutely no info to go off of.
Incorrect. We have the random chance that the player we choose is scum. We gain info if they are town based on reactions. And we gain lots of information depending on what happens at night. It's how this game works. But the fact you KNOW that Panda and possibly Wall-E are town says alot! :D
Cerebus wrote: Put it this way. Say the plan works and the scum don't get a NK, how are we in a better position to win tomorrow than we are today?
We will have a pretty good idea that those who joined the wagon late are not scum, because they would have submitted the kill. Duh... :roll:
Cerebus wrote: Lynching fast is okey by me, be we gain nothing by lynching people we think are town.
^ THIS is true. :)
Cerebus wrote:
BattleMage wrote:What makes you think that scum can submit a kill for the night which they cannot fulfill because they are DEAD? 0.o
So your saying that if the scum that submitted the kill is lynched the scum don't get a night kill? That doesn't make sense.
No, i'm saying that if the scum that submitted the kill isnt alive to actually MAKE IT, then the choice is invalid. I dont KNOW, but it seems like a pretty logical assumption.
Cerebus wrote:
BattleMage wrote:What reason do you see to be suspicious of Panda?

BM
What? I said there
isn't
any reason to be suspicious.
Sorry, i meant Wall-E. :oops:
Same question, names transposed. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

donkeyz12212 wrote:
I'm really not though. We were on our way to quick-lynching SP and I just found SP's reaction to be very pro-town.

And I was trying to clarify that I did not think Wall-E is really an inactive. That's all.
Why arent you voting for Cerebus?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:22 am

Post by cerebus3 »

BM wrote:Incorrect. We have the random chance that the player we choose is scum. We gain info if they are town based on reactions. And we gain lots of information depending on what happens at night. It's how this game works. But the fact you KNOW that Panda and possibly Wall-E are town says alot! Very Happy
I think Panda is town. I really don't see scum acting the way he did, but that is hardly definitive. Thus, if I think he is town then *quick*-lynching him gains nothing, because we cant really scrutinize why people got on the wagon because everyone would just be "To avoid teh Nk!". At least, that is why everyone jumped on the panda wagon.

Where did I say I thought Wall-E was town? Now you are just misrepresenting me.
BM wrote:
We will have a pretty good idea that those who joined the wagon late are not scum, because they would have submitted the kill. Duh... Rolling Eyes
That actually makes sense.

Sorry, i meant Wall-E. Embarassed
Same question, names transposed. Razz
Because he was using crap logic to vote for panda. That was certainly more than the case against Panda now aint it?

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:24 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:

BM
Which is what i have done. Which means i am scummy. So you can either vote for me, or be proven to be a complete hypocrite.

Your call.

BM
Meh, I think it
is
inconsistant that you were willing to lynch Panda for no reason at all, but not Wall-E, but the fact that you are presenting cases on other players mitigates that somewhat.

donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:25 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

Well, he just doesn't really strike me as scum. He had the same stance as I did about not wanting to lynch Panda. And WALL-E is still higher on my suspicion list than anyone else.

And I find it a bit hypocritical that you're pushing for the Cerebus vote when in fact you, yourself, haven't voted him yet either? Just an FOS.

To me, it seems like you're obviously trying to get other people to start the bandwagon votes against Cerebus, thats all.

And Im not really sure that it's really helping town to be honest to be jumping all over the place with the votes. Sure, its a good idea to cast the light on players but in the last few posts we have suspects from:

Sleepy Panda, Cerebeus, Mayhem, Donkeyz12212, Wall-E, and a more high profiled Battle Mage.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cerebus3 wrote:
BM wrote:Incorrect. We have the random chance that the player we choose is scum. We gain info if they are town based on reactions. And we gain lots of information depending on what happens at night. It's how this game works. But the fact you KNOW that Panda and possibly Wall-E are town says alot! Very Happy
I think Panda is town. I really don't see scum acting the way he did, but that is hardly definitive. Thus, if I think he is town then *quick*-lynching him gains nothing, because we cant really scrutinize why people got on the wagon because everyone would just be "To avoid teh Nk!". At least, that is why everyone jumped on the panda wagon.

Where did I say I thought Wall-E was town? Now you are just misrepresenting me.
You said 'we have no real chance of catching scum', which by definition, implies that both Panda and Wall-E are town. Not that they 'are probably town'. That they ARE town.
Cerebus wrote:
BM wrote:
We will have a pretty good idea that those who joined the wagon late are not scum, because they would have submitted the kill. Duh... Rolling Eyes
That actually makes sense.

Sorry, i meant Wall-E. Embarassed
Same question, names transposed. Razz
Because he was using crap logic to vote for panda. That was certainly more than the case against Panda now aint it?
I think the case on Donkey is better. What about you?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cerebus3 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:

BM

Your call.

BM
Meh, I think it
is
inconsistant that you were willing to lynch Panda for no reason at all, but not Wall-E, but the fact that you are presenting cases on other players mitigates that somewhat.
Yeh i think you are squirming right now because you dont want to be drawn against me. :D
The reason im less keen to lynch Wall-E is obvious. People have actually started acting scummy, and it's probably far too late to learn much from a quicklynch with so many people participating.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

donkeyz12212 wrote:
Well, he just doesn't really strike me as scum. He had the same stance as I did about not wanting to lynch Panda. And WALL-E is still higher on my suspicion list than anyone else.

I'll delve into this more later.
Donkeyscum wrote: And I find it a bit hypocritical that you're pushing for the Cerebus vote when in fact you, yourself, haven't voted him yet either? Just an FOS.
Actually it was a HoS. Bigger than an FoS. I cant vote for both you and him, so i'll go with the flow. If the bandwagon on him starts first, i'll hop on. But dont be under any illusions. I'm quite open that i think he is scum.
Donkeyscum wrote: To me, it seems like you're obviously trying to get other people to start the bandwagon votes against Cerebus, thats all.
So you think i am scum? Let's see if you have more balls than Cerebus and can actually OMGUS me with no reasoning atall! :D
Donkeyscum wrote: And Im not really sure that it's really helping town to be honest to be jumping all over the place with the votes. Sure, its a good idea to cast the light on players but in the last few posts we have suspects from:

Sleepy Panda, Cerebeus, Mayhem, Donkeyz12212, Wall-E, and a more high profiled Battle Mage.
This game moves quickly. I've never been suspicious of Mayhem really. SleepyPanda is off the cards. Wall E is most likely town too. Cerebus and Donkey are the two scumbags we must choose from today. What do you mean by 'more high profiled'?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ROFL. I just read Wall-E's posts. Is he really being bandwagonned for making a random vote? :lol:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”