armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:28 am

Post by armlx »

icemanE wrote:
armlx wrote:Oh wow, Poisoner is a day vig too? Gogo 5 lynches + 1 random death (counting Iceman as a "lynch" despite him presumably SBing).
This whole plan hinges on none of the day vig players being scum.
If the SB or you is going to 1 for 1 instead of us getting lynches, I am down with that. If the poisoner is scum, thats a larger issue that can be dealt with assuming we don't fuck up today too badly.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Vote Count

IcemanE - 2 (cerebus3, charter)
charter - 2 (hasdgfas, Crazy)
armlx - 1 (nhat)
wolframnhart - 1 (Empking)
cerebus3 - 1 (Alabaska J)

Not voting: armlx, icemanE, pwnz, wolframnhart, ZombieSlayer54

With 12 alive, it will take 7 to lynch. The deadline for day 1 is Saturday, August 15 at 7:00 PM Pacific.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Alabaska J »

I think we should go for a big day one.

If any of the daykill roles are scum that don't like their targets, it's lose-lose, as they either lose a partner or out themselves and their partner.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:02 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

WOW I completely missed the multiple page numbers.

Ok, here is my evaluation so far:

iceman Slipped up with his "Kill someone and give me their power!" post, and has spent the rest of this time trying to sweep that under the carpet.

armlx is far too eager to see lots of people die.

Hasdfgas also seemed far too eager at the start to have the SB kill in Day 1.

Honestly, I want more discussion than just one day of discussion for us to start using our day abilities left and right. Especially the SB, since we will not know whether or not we hit scum with him, and then that will be two dead townies instead of one dead townie and one dead scum. And then, of course, if iceman is scum (Which I am heavily inclined towards right now) he can choose to be SB, and then kill yet another townie. He might be dead, sure, but with all this killing already going on, I doubt it would make little difference. Especially since, in this scenario, the poisoner would probably be using his ability, presumably on townies, as well. Dead townies all over the place. Just not my kind of game.

This is not saying we shoulder never use our daykills. What it is saying is that we should wait until we are 90% sure whoever is going to be daykilled is scum, rather than just using our daykills somewhat randomly on the first day.

Also, Empking seems waaaaay too eager to get the poisoner killed. This leads me to begin to believe two things:

Empking is scum.

Poisoner is pro-town, and the scum want him dead to prevent him from using his ability on them.

So.

FoS on everyone I mentioned
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Crazy »

If we don't want Iceman to have my ability, then I could just wait until tomorrow to suicide bomb someone.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:26 am

Post by hasdgfas »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Hasdfgas also seemed far too eager at the start to have the SB kill in Day 1.
It started out as a question of what other people thought of it, in case you missed that.
ZS wrote:Honestly, I want more discussion than just one day of discussion for us to start using our day abilities left and right. Especially the SB, since we will not know whether or not we hit scum with him, and then that will be two dead townies instead of one dead townie and one dead scum. And then, of course, if iceman is scum (Which I am heavily inclined towards right now) he can choose to be SB, and then kill yet another townie. He might be dead, sure, but with all this killing already going on, I doubt it would make little difference. Especially since, in this scenario, the poisoner would probably be using his ability, presumably on townies, as well. Dead townies all over the place. Just not my kind of game.
That's why we're talking about who to use the abilities on, ZS. We're not "using them left and right", we're going to discuss who all we find scummy, and try to be rid of them.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:41 am

Post by wolframnhart »

ZS wrote:Also, Empking seems waaaaay too eager to get the poisoner killed. This leads me to begin to believe two things:

Empking is scum.

Poisoner is pro-town, and the scum want him dead to prevent him from using his ability on them.
I'm glad someone else saw this. Struck me as way too weird that I was just outed right away by Emp.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Yeah, smalltown acts as more of a chat game than a mafia game in a a way because it is so ability-based. The best things we have going for us as the town are our abilities.

Also, Crazy, I would rather icemanE SB than be lynched, as we can possibly have him take out a buddy.

Also, does anyone else think Crazy should tell us if he has a secret ability? That could potentially fuck up the plans that have been posted so far.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Crazy »

I do not have a secret ability
. I don't see any harm in saying that.
Alabaska J wrote:Also, Crazy, I would rather icemanE SB than be lynched, as we can possibly have him take out a buddy.
A scum SB would never SB one of his buddies. Eh?
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:57 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Alabaska J wrote:Opportunistic early leap on icemanE's wagon looks like distancing IMO.
Based on this and recent experience, an opportunistic vote seems to now mean to vote someone for doing something scummy... How exactly is my vote opportunistic Alabaska?

Looks like lots of people are gonna die d1.
IcemanE wrote:C. Assume the SB role - but what happens if I don't decide to follow the target you want me to kill? I think it could get messy if the town decides to force someone to kill themselves - as it stands, once the SB power is in my hands, I can kill whomever I please, so you'll have to be sure you trust me 100% if that's the course of action you want to follow.
If the town figures out who you should kill it can really only mean two things unless you present a good case for not going along with it.

1) You are scum.

2) You don't want to kill your scum-buddy.

Any other situation, even if you ARE scum, going along with the plan is in your best interest, because if you refuse to kill anybody, then we just lynch you and scum lose out on an extra townie death.

And if you are town then you have no reason to resist killing who the town wants you to kill.

Same thing applies to crazy.

The biggest problem I have with this plan is that if both crazy and IcemanE are town, and they both hit town, then we are royally fucked.

I might be willing to go along with this plan. It really depends on if we can decide on people who are acting really scummy. Im not really sure we should do this if all we have is a very vague idea of what people's alignments are.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by charter »

I think we should start deciding on how many kills we want to use today. From what I see, we have these for potential kills today
wolframnhart (Poisoner)
Crazy (Suicide Bomber)
icemanE (Super Backup)

Since iceman has even said himself, not to give him the SB role unless we "trust him 100% completely", my vote goes for just using the wolframnhart kill today. This would give us two kills today. Personally I think that getting six people killed today is a little ridiculous.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I feel so used!! :( But seriously I don't mind going with a general vote about who to use my dayvig power on, reason being I would rather kill the person everyone does a poison vote on so I am not accused of doing anything wrong.The only problem i see is this:
I use my day vig power and accidently snag a townie off (after all I am sure there will be scum in the general vote using me to kill one of us off), then the scum might be a lil catious of me and kill me off
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

EBWOP I dont mean to say however that I won't use my power because I don't want to die, I just want to make sure we use it correctly before I am killed off

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by icemanE »

iceman Slipped up with his "Kill someone and give me their power!" post, and has spent the rest of this time trying to sweep that under the carpet.
I'm going through possible strategies - it seems like, with all these power roles at our disposal, there ought to be some better way of dealing with the scum than simply lynching them. Right now the poisoner is looking like the most useful of the lot - it won't cost us a potential townie life to get an extra kill in today. I think we should save the SB for tomorrow and utilize our poisoner today on a target we agree upon. I also don't think we should clone the suicide bomb - if anything, as I said before, we should make sure that the first person we kill has a role we DO want two of. Almost all the roles are useful, but I think it's dangerous to have two suicide bombs, myself.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Crazy »

Good enough. I endorse a poisoning today, and I'll save my suicide bomb for tomorrow.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok well if we do go along with a poisoning today, who would we poison? Has anyone given themselves as scummy enough to warrant a death before a lynch? And if so then who is scummy enough to lynch afterwards? The main people right now are Charter, Iceman, myself, and cerberus, and I don't know if anyone has shown themselves to be scummy. I know I am not, and I think iceman might have just slipped up but had good intentions behind his mistake, charter I think is looking out for the town, and I am not sure on cerberus just yet, so for the moment I will assume he is town as well.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

The problem with just poisoning is that the poison death happens at the
end
of the day, so we have to lynch someone else without finding the alignment of the poisoned one.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by nhat »

Okay a couple of thoughts:

I think that the SB should use his ability after a day or two, so as to thin out the group, having a better chance of bombing a scum. If indeed he is town, then at least that's an extra vote that we can have for whatever.

Another thing, what's with the assumption that there are dayvigs? The only one I see is the poisoner. I still don't agree with the bloodbath situation, I think at most we should take out 2 people during the day, one by poison, one by lynch.

Candidates:

Poison IcemanE, he just looks power hungry to me and wouldn't trust him with any kind of power role.

Or if we were to keep him alive, at least to keep him under our thumb. Which leads to this question:

Mod: Who dies first, the poisoned person or the lynched person?

They die at the same time.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

If I had to guess, since it says the person poisoned is killed at the end of the day, and the day ends once a person is lynched, that the lynched person would die first, but thats just a guess

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by icemanE »

Poison IcemanE, he just looks power hungry to me
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "power hungry". I'm not trying to take over the world - I've even stated that I DON'T want the most 'powerful' role in the game, that being the Suicide Bomber. I'd like to say that my role is potentially one of the most powerful in the game already, since we can essentially clone whichever role we want, or, if we mislynch, at the very least we won't be losing that person's role power.
Mod: Who dies first, the poisoned person or the lynched person?
This is a very good question, I need to see that answer before we decide who to poison or lynch, since I we'll be cloning the role of whichever dies first.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Crazy »

iceman wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "power hungry". I'm not trying to take over the world - I've even stated that I DON'T want the most 'powerful' role in the game, that being the Suicide Bomber.
I'd like to point out that town would actually want to be the Suicide Bomber more than scum. If an SB is scum, then they're pretty much screwed to die at some point... If they don't use their kill in lylo, then they'll be lynched without a thought.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Crazy »

Unvote, Vote icemanE

Poisoned/lynched, whatever.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by icemanE »

I'd like to point out that town would actually want to be the Suicide Bomber more than scum. If an SB is scum, then they're pretty much screwed to die at some point... If they don't use their kill in lylo, then they'll be lynched without a thought.
Yeah, I can see exactly what you mean with this - but personally, I don't think it's worth a guaranteed loss of a townie for the chance of killing scum. Making the same mistake twice, yikes, it's too risky to have two SB's as far as I'm concerned.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Crazy wrote:
iceman wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "power hungry". I'm not trying to take over the world - I've even stated that I DON'T want the most 'powerful' role in the game, that being the Suicide Bomber.
Why? If a townie wants to SB at LYLO, we are guaranteed to lose a townie in that exchange, so he would have to be 100% sure he was gonna hit scum, in which case you might as well lynch the guy.

Yes, SB is more beneficial to the town than the scum though
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by icemanE »

@ Crazy -

As the suicide bomber, would you be willing to use your power on a target the town voted to majority on?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”