Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Gremwell »

sekinj wrote:Since I'm at L-2, I'll go ahead and claim.

I am a chancellor, the baron's right hand man. I have no night powers, but I DO have some unique information that might help us find the scum.
any chance you'll be willing to share that information with the group?

Vote count
(10 players alive = 6 to lynch before deadline)
(4) sekinj – thinktank, Mariyta, raverblood, OhGodMyLife
(1) Rage – MafiaMann
(1) raverblood – Gremwell

Not voting:
Rage, sekinj, Singing Librarian, ThAdmiral

Deadline:
Saturday 9 August 1:00 AM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by sekinj »

I got a whole list clues, but I can't play all my cards at once, or we could find scum.

I'll share two things for now:

First: almost all of us have night powers of some sort, 10 in fact. I am one of the few who has none.

Second: Whoever has a first name starting with the letter B is a pro-town character.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:I got a whole list clues, but I can't play all my cards at once, or we could find scum.

First: almost all of us have night powers of some sort, 10 in fact. I am one of the few who has none.

Second: Whoever has a first name starting with the letter B is a pro-town character.
Can you share your name, please?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by sekinj »

I think I'm done spilling my guts until someone else has the balls to do the same.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:I think I'm done spilling my guts until someone else has the balls to do the same.
It wasn't smart to share the rest of the info you did. I personally would've preferred just a name for the time being.

Unvote
for now. I need to think on it. Might be putting it back tomorrow.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:I think I'm done spilling my guts until someone else has the balls to do the same.
It wasn't smart to share the rest of the info you did. I personally would've preferred just a name for the time being.

Unvote
for now. I need to think on it. Might be putting it back tomorrow.
thx. I'll use my own judgement on what needs to be shared and when. If you are so eager to learn my name, then why didn't you speak up in the last page when I proposed that everyone share their names? no, instead you voted to lynch me.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

sekinj wrote:First: almost all of us have night powers of some sort, 10 in fact. I am one of the few who has none.
please elucidate. do you mean ten out of the starting eleven roles in the game had night actions? and that you are the one person who doesn't have a night action?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by Gremwell »

I'll buy that, anyone want to counter claim?
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:57 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

I'm not buying sekinj's claim, I'm afraid. I agree that it's unlikely that 10 out of 11 have night powers (and the 11th has a load of information instead), plus this sentence:

"I got a whole list clues, but I can't play all my cards at once, or we could find scum."

Um - catching scum is what we're trying to do, isn't it? You're withholding 'cards' because said cards could help us catch scum? Not good, really not good. Or did you mean something completely different?
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:26 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Unvote Vote Raverblood for being the third on the sekiji wagon and not giving a real reason fore it.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:27 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Oops
Unvote Vote: Raverblood
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:02 am

Post by sekinj »

Singing Librarian wrote:I'm not buying sekinj's claim, I'm afraid. I agree that it's unlikely that 10 out of 11 have night powers (and the 11th has a load of information instead), plus this sentence:

"I got a whole list clues, but I can't play all my cards at once, or we could find scum."

Um - catching scum is what we're trying to do, isn't it? You're withholding 'cards' because said cards could help us catch scum? Not good, really not good. Or did you mean something completely different?
I was typing that on my blackberry and forgot the negative. "I got a whole list clues, but I can't play all my cards at once, or we could
n't
find scum." If I just list out everything I know, that wouldn't help us find scum.

Even if you don't believe that I accidentally forgot the "n't", the sentence still wouldn't make sense if I WAS scum.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:40 am

Post by thinktank »

sekinj wrote:I got a whole list clues, but I can't play all my cards at once, or we could find scum.

What about the fact that Nightson's character's name was Dianne Shadowsinger. It doesn't start with a "B" but Nightson was almost guaranteed to be protown (based on the colour green as it almost always indicates protown alignment)
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:47 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Think i think it means whoever has one is but not limited to people with a B as the first letter in there name.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:05 am

Post by thinktank »

Ah. True. True.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:11 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Sekinji are you sure the info you gave us is accurate maybe ther is some kind of sanity invovlved like its the opposite of what you say or somthing
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:12 am

Post by sekinj »

I was given the list of information in my role pm. But then I had a note delivered to me at night as well (anonymously). So, I'm going to use the info I have to catch scum, but some of it even I take with a grain of salt.

However, since I'm using this info to find scum, I can't be completely up front about everything. In other words,even if it wasn't against the rules, I wouldn't just quote my role pm because that would help the scum more than the town. Despite mar's comment I'm not trying to be dumb about this.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Gremwell »

I don't think you've given away too much information, obviously we cant all have B names, I mean we could but that would be like claiming townie.

I for one do not have a name starting with B
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:22 am

Post by thinktank »

unvote

raverblood
raverblood
Townie
raverblood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:34 am

Post by raverblood »

unvote
sekinj was a random vote to me. i want to hear what he has to find out the scum. i hope that what he knows will help town win.
"If only you could step into my life for a moment, only then will you truly know hell"
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:41 am

Post by sekinj »

One point that was brought up earlier was game clues vs. flavor. Because of the info list I was given I think many of the things we would normally assume to be flavor are in fact clues.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Rage »

Hello ya'll, I was out of town for a couple days and didn't get the chance to tell all my games. To get right into this, I'd like some things cleared up:
sekinj wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:you know what - in the spirit of getting some discussion going i will tell you where I was:

I was in the village inn.
Ok. That's plausible. I was asleep in my quarters.
How did you consider that plausible when you sleep in your quarters? How did you know that the village inn existed on Night 0?
sekinj wrote:First: almost all of us have night powers of some sort, 10 in fact. I am one of the few who has none.
This clue does not help the Town at all on Day 1. The Town has no way to know this is true, nor whether you are pro-town because of it.
sekinj wrote:Second: Whoever has a first name starting with the letter B is a pro-town character.
I believe this more than the first "clue" you gave out. If you are town, you are giving out unnecessary information to the scum, especially considering how you have more Knowledge. If you are scum, which is more likely because of the fact that you have this information in the first place, you are giving out this information to get the town off of your back.
sekinj wrote:I think some of the information is relevant and some is flavor... What if everyone shared their character's first name? I'm thinking that has to give us some information, and I can't see how the scum would use that against us...

Anyone see anything the scum might use with just our first names? If not, I'll start by sharing mine...
You stated this before you claimed.
sekinj wrote:Second: Whoever has a first name starting with the letter B is a pro-town character.
You stated this after you claimed. What I want to know is, what scum-hunting could you have possibly done by getting a pro-town role to reveal their self?

Vote: sekinj

The information you have given out so far benefits the scum much more than it does the Town. Remember that this is the Baron's
Court
? The title of this game means that it is more likely trouble is coming from inside of the court, meaning someone of power has turned to the dark side. Of course, they would need some sort of motive, which in your case I think it is safe to assume that your character has a lack of power and is wanting to change that. However, my own Knowledge precedes me. Sekinj, if you want your name cleared from my suspicions, I suggest for you to give out more information. The information I would like to know is your first name, nickname and last name. And I think it all the more reason for you to be giving this information out seeing as how you have said the following:
sekinj wrote:Anyone see anything the scum might use with just our first names? If not, I'll start by sharing mine...
And no one has said otherwise.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 am

Post by sekinj »

No one said otherwise in so many words, you are right. But also, no one agreed in the slighted. What DID happen is that I started getting voted for. That tells me that my suggestion of sharing my name was interepted as scummy. Now you and mar are pressuring me to go through with it. That seems very odd to me.

I am not about to spout all my little facts one after another until you deign to believe that I am pro-town. I'm also not going to give information under pressure from someone I cannot trust. I will stand my ground until the situation calls for more information.

I will address your other points in a few hours.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:22 am

Post by sekinj »

No one said otherwise in so many words, you are right. But also, no one agreed in the slighted. What DID happen is that I started getting voted for. That tells me that my suggestion of sharing my name was interepted as scummy. Now you and mar are pressuring me to go through with it. That seems very odd to me.

I am not about to spout all my little facts one after another until you deign to believe that I am pro-town. I'm also not going to give information under pressure from someone I cannot trust. I will stand my ground until the situation calls for more information.

I will address your other points in a few hours.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by sekinj »

Oops... look like I double posted the same thing. I guess that comes from trying to play mafia form my blackberry. :P
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”