sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by sekinj »

Rage wrote:Hello ya'll, I was out of town for a couple days and didn't get the chance to tell all my games. To get right into this, I'd like some things cleared up:
sekinj wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:you know what - in the spirit of getting some discussion going i will tell you where I was:

I was in the village inn.
Ok. That's plausible. I was asleep in my quarters.
How did you consider that plausible when you sleep in your quarters? How did you know that the village inn existed on Night 0?
I really don't know if he was being serious or not. I don't know if the Villiage Inn is an actual location, or if ThAdmiral was being facetious. I was just saying, in a world of barons and mansions and guest quarters, a "village inn" sounds plausible.
Rage wrote:
sekinj wrote:First: almost all of us have night powers of some sort, 10 in fact. I am one of the few who has none.
This clue does not help the Town at all on Day 1. The Town has no way to know this is true, nor whether you are pro-town because of it.
If it were not true, wouldn't we have people jumping out of the wood-work claiming that they don't have night powers? but no, everyone took that news sitting down, no one reacted violently or was shocked, or stood up and screamed "WAIT!! SHE MUST BE SCUM, I DON'T HAVE NIGHT POWERS!!" That didn't happen. So to me, that looks like the information is accurate.

Rage wrote:
sekinj wrote:Second: Whoever has a first name starting with the letter B is a pro-town character.
I believe this more than the first "clue" you gave out. If you are town, you are giving out unnecessary information to the scum, especially considering how you have more Knowledge. If you are scum, which is more likely because of the fact that you have this information in the first place, you are giving out this information to get the town off of your back.
well, I certainly can't help my townmates if they lynch me for being too nosy. I also can't help the town if I keep all the information to myself. So, I claimed and shared some information in order to convince people not to lynch me. From my point of view that is VERY pro-town. I am convinced that the town needs my help to find and lynch the scum. We just have to put the clues together. This however is complicated by the fact that we have scum masquerading under our noses.
Rage wrote:
sekinj wrote:I think some of the information is relevant and some is flavor... What if everyone shared their character's first name? I'm thinking that has to give us some information, and I can't see how the scum would use that against us...

Anyone see anything the scum might use with just our first names? If not, I'll start by sharing mine...
You stated this before you claimed.
sekinj wrote:Second: Whoever has a first name starting with the letter B is a pro-town character.
You stated this after you claimed. What I want to know is, what scum-hunting could you have possibly done by getting a pro-town role to reveal their self?
I didn't demand that they reveal themselves (in fact it is you and mar who are demanding that from me). I just gave the information out for consideration by everyone. Maybe it will come up later in the game. Maybe nothing will come of it at all.
Rage wrote:
Vote: sekinj

The information you have given out so far benefits the scum much more than it does the Town. Remember that this is the Baron's
Court
? The title of this game means that it is more likely trouble is coming from inside of the court, meaning someone of power has turned to the dark side. Of course, they would need some sort of motive, which in your case I think it is safe to assume that your character has a lack of power and is wanting to change that. However, my own Knowledge precedes me. Sekinj, if you want your name cleared from my suspicions, I suggest for you to give out more information. The information I would like to know is your first name, nickname and last name. And I think it all the more reason for you to be giving this information out seeing as how you have said the following:
sekinj wrote:Anyone see anything the scum might use with just our first names? If not, I'll start by sharing mine...
And no one has said otherwise.
If you don't believe me now, how will more information change that? Wouldn't you just doubt the additional things I say? Besides, I'm not here to clear my name with you. I'm here to save the Baron from getting killed.

And I have one question for you... why are you so sure I have a nickname?

Vote count
(10 players alive = 6 to lynch before deadline)
(2) raverblood – Gremwell, MafiaMann
(2) sekinj – OhGodMyLife, Rage

Not voting:
Mariyta, raverblood, sekinj, Singing Librarian, ThAdmiral, thinktank

Deadline:
Saturday 9 August 1:00 AM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Welcome to the game of mafia, dear Sekinj. Common procedure when asked to claim is claiming role and role name. Rage and myself are asking nothing out of the ordinary. I find it interesting that you were sooo willing to claim it earlier, and now you've decided to shut off. I can't decide if you're scared scum or nervous newbie.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Mariyta wrote:Welcome to the game of mafia, dear Sekinj. Common procedure when asked to claim is claiming role and role name. Rage and myself are asking nothing out of the ordinary. I find it interesting that you were sooo willing to claim it earlier, and now you've decided to shut off. I can't decide if you're scared scum or nervous newbie.
I feel that sekinjis claim was satisfactory we did get the role and what the role does. He did share information that seems to be legit to this point and if anyone cares to prove it wrong go for it. Also the info he provided does seem helpful. We know that we will have a lot of stuff going on at night and i dont know bout you guys but that definitly is helpful for me.

I dont see any reason to suspect sekinji anymore. If someone can step up and claim and their role proves that sekinji has lied to us than by all means lynch away but for now i see no reason to persecute sekinji further.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Rage »

Sekinj, considering everything everyone has said so far, who, in your opinion, are the players most likely to be scum?
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by sekinj »

@rage: you didn't answer my question. Why are you so sure I have a nickname?

Since no one else has shared personal information (which I can understand, but still, it leaves me little to go on) I only have the reactions to my posts to go on. I've rocked the boat more than anyone else, so that is the only thing we can go on right now.

There are some people that I suspect of being scum, and others that I just suspect of not being too bright.

Mariyta is currently at the top of my LoS. I'm not sure if I just find her personally annoying, or actually scummy. We will have to play longer to see. However, it was her post that made the first minor disturbance, and I have yet to see anything from her that helps the town.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

sekinj wrote:If it were not true, wouldn't we have people jumping out of the wood-work claiming that they don't have night powers? but no, everyone took that news sitting down, no one reacted violently or was shocked, or stood up and screamed "WAIT!! SHE MUST BE SCUM, I DON'T HAVE NIGHT POWERS!!" That didn't happen. So to me, that looks like the information is accurate.
Please respond specifically to my post 81, which you seem to have missed.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:Mariyta is currently at the top of my LoS. I'm not sure if I just find her personally annoying, or actually scummy. We will have to play longer to see. However, it was her post that made the first minor disturbance, and I have yet to see anything from her that helps the town.
OMGUS much? For the record, I have a nickname, Nightson had a nickname, it goes to follow that there are others that have nicknames as well.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

It's a pity we didn't name claim when we were asked to. Generally they just don't help much but we actually could have (basically) confirmed some towns.

Role seems alright to me. Believable and so far no one has contradicted his "clues".

Is there anything else you would like to ask us sekinj that may lead to finding scum?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

sekinj has not yet gone into enough detail on at least one of the pieces of information he is claiming for certain parties to know whether or not it is a lie.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by sekinj »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
sekinj wrote:First: almost all of us have night powers of some sort, 10 in fact. I am one of the few who has none.
please elucidate. do you mean ten out of the starting eleven roles in the game had night actions? and that you are the one person who doesn't have a night action?
That is the information I have. Yes.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Confirm Vote: sekinj
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by sekinj »

ThAdmiral wrote:It's a pity we didn't name claim when we were asked to. Generally they just don't help much but we actually could have (basically) confirmed some towns.

Role seems alright to me. Believable and so far no one has contradicted his "clues".

Is there anything else you would like to ask us sekinj that may lead to finding scum?
for the record, I am 'she' but my character is a 'he'.

Maybe we should share the gender of each of our characters?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I'm not sharing any information with you, scum.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by sekinj »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Confirm Vote: sekinj
10 players, total, have night choices. You are contradicting that? I guess you wouldn't care to explain?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Clearly I am saying that either
ten out of the starting eleven roles in the game had night actions
or
[sekinj is] the one person who doesn't have a night action
must be false.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Rage »

sekinj wrote:@rage: you didn't answer my question. Why are you so sure I have a nickname?
My bad, I meant to get to it and it slipped my mind. I am sure you have a nickname because I have one, Nightson had one and most recently Mariyta has admitted to having one. If you did not have a nickname, I assume your answer would have been different went asked about one. Would you mind sharing it all (first, nickname, and last) with us?

The only Knowledge we, as a Town, have at our disposal is that someone with the letter B as the first letter of their first name is a pro-town character. But the reason that I do not think this information is correct or was given to a pro-town character is because there is absolutely no way to prove this without the character role-claiming, which would benefit the scum more than the town. Considering how everyone in this game wants to appear pro-town asking a player with the appropriate information (letter B as the first letter of their character's first name) would be futile unless they role-claimed to accompany it and the Town believed it.

Therefore, perhaps it would be best if everyone gave out their nicknames? From what I understand of them, they some-what represent the role the character has. I approve of giving the Town that knowledge, being on the look out for phony nicknames of course, but I would like to hear more discussion about this rather than everyone nickname-claiming now.

@sekinj, does your character's name begin with 'Chancellor ____ "___" ____'?
sekinj wrote:Maybe we should share the gender of each of our characters?
Could you explain how this would benefit
anyone
in this game?
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by sekinj »

Rage wrote:
sekinj wrote:Maybe we should share the gender of each of our characters?
Could you explain how this would benefit
anyone
in this game?
Frankly, it will help me tell who is lying.

But your idea is fine too. Sharing nicknames is a good idea.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:Mariyta is currently at the top of my LoS. I'm not sure if I just find her personally annoying, or actually scummy. We will have to play longer to see. However, it was her post that made the first minor disturbance, and I have yet to see anything from her that helps the town.
OMGUS much? For the record, I have a nickname, Nightson had a nickname, it goes to follow that there are others that have nicknames as well.
Cry me a river. If I had listed suspicions on half the other players you would have claimed OMGUS as well. Considering I was almost lynched, it's a good bet the scum were on the wagon. However, I listed my suspicion honestly and didn't even puncuate it with a vote. I said we will have to play longer to see how you turn out. So far you're still not helping the town any that I can see.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

No response to the fact that my existence proves the supposed information you presented to be utterly false?

Nobody should volunteer any further information about their roles. I have sufficiently counterclaimed sekinj. She needs to be lynched now.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by sekinj »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Clearly I am saying that either
ten out of the starting eleven roles in the game had night actions
or
[sekinj is] the one person who doesn't have a night action
must be false.
Clearly. Just as I clearly stated my information and you still had me confirm it.

Anyway, do you care to embellish?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by sekinj »

OhGodMyLife wrote:No response to the fact that my existence proves the supposed information you presented to be utterly false?

Nobody should volunteer any further information about their roles. I have sufficiently counterclaimed sekinj. She needs to be lynched now.
Wait your turn. I'm not afraid to address any arguements.

I still maintain that this the information I recieved with my role: 10 players, total have night choices, and I do not have any night powers.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by sekinj »

Oh, and my nickname is "Sage"
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Let me be as clear as possible with this statement:

I do not have any night abilities.

Your information is false. You are lying about something. Lynch all liars.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by sekinj »

*sigh* classic he said she said.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:01 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

Oh great. Either OhGodMyLife or sekinj is definite scum, then, as one of them is lying. We just need to work out which.

I know there are some bizarre night actions involved in this game, so I suppose it is just about possible that everyone has one, but I'm not sure. This needs further thought and examination, but really one or other of them needs to be the lynch for today.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”