StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:10 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

roflcopter wrote:please stop being retarded and unvote
Please stop outing your group and take pride that you have an informational power role if that is the case.

Operative words where I mentioned fakeclaiming mason: "could have". I'm not saying you did, I'm saying it's possible.

I'm running up and down stairs doing chores and posting at the same time, which is why it's taking awhile for my posts to show up.

I will unvote you once I have a good reason to do so. Right now I do not.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:12 am

Post by armlx »

I will unvote you once I have a good reason to do so. Right now I do not.
Claimed masons is a good reason.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:18 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

*grumble, grumble*

Fine.
Unvote: roflcopter
, but I still believe your actions warrant an
FoS: roflcopter

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:21 am

Post by armlx »

Vamparific wrote:i find armlx scummier for trying to take control of the game
vote:armlx
This post is notable.
FOS Vamparific
for what amounts to an vote for being active and participating, as well as latching onto rofl's "plan".
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ugh. Fine,
unvote roflcopter
. Back to square one I guess. I guess I'll see what happens now :S. I still don't see armix's actions as a rolefish. Lowell's actions WERE a blatant rolefish, but I find myself agreeing with his logic.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vote: Lowell
for aforementioned rolefishing. The only time you should be asking anybody to claim anything on Day 1 is if they're at lynch -1.

I still think armlx asked a legitimate question and roflcopter shot it off as rolefishing, so I'm not calling the former out for it.

Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Vote Count 2

armix - (2) {Vamparific, roflcopter}

roflcopter - (2) {Korts, BlakAdder}

Lowell - (2) {Iron Man, StrangerCoug}

Korts - (1) {iamusername}

Sun Tzu - (1) {Lowell}

Not Voting: {armix, Enlight_Bystand, forbiddanlight, Greasy Spot, JordanA24, silence, strife220, Sun Tzu, -TinVision-}.

With 17 left alive it will take 9 to lynch.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Players are reminded that this is a game. Personal attacks are not acceptable. roflcopter has received his first warning.

There is also an error that has been fixed regarding the method of death in the first post to make it line up with the night scene.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Greasy Spot »

I want to propose a different theory and get feedback from you guys except roflcopter, Iron Man, Armix, and Lowell (for now).

We know that there are definitely 4 scums in this game. Do you think it is possible that the scum got together N0 and devised a fake Mason claim? Iron Man doesn't seem too upset that rofl outed him. Lowell asks for the claim and with little pushing rofl claims and outs Iron Man. I think it's too convenient to not be scummy.

HOS: roflcopter and Iron Man
FOS: Armix and Lowell
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by strife220 »

The risk is too big for scum fake-claiming masons to be realistic. If there were real masons in the game, the counter-claim 2 scum would be lynched on spot. Until it comes to lylo, there's no reason to even consider the possibility of a fake-claim. The issue should be dropped and Iron-man and Rofl taken as confirmed town until there's a reason to suspect otherwise.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Sun Tzu »

I think roflcopter's play has been bad, but I don't doubt the claim. Scum would be insane to claim masns on Day 1.

It's never a good play to say or imply that you know someone's alignment without giving a reason. For one thing, it is equivalent to claiming cop or mason. For another, it gives scum cover to play the same way. Town should always provide reasoning. That way scum are forced to provide reasoning too and it's easier to catch them bullshitting.

Someone said masons outing early is a good play. I agree with that in games with one night-kill, but I'm not so sure if it was a good idea here since there is a SK.

As for roflcopter's question, it is a good idea for people to discuss who they think is scummy and who they think is town (and why), but it is not a good idea to try to narrow the discussion to two players.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by strife220 »

Essay on dcorbe 2/3 down - coming tomorrow, a day later than promised.
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Vamparific »

argh i dont want to be on rofl's side
unvote
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

Wow. I get caught up in work for a day and come back to claims on Page 3.

Anyway, anyone suggesting roflcopter for today's lynch, under the circumstances and given his claim, should be hit in the head with a baseball bat.

BlakAdder wrote:vote:roflcopter. Just seems like everything he's said so far is kinda pointing towards scum.
Would you care to elaborate on your thought process behind this post, please, BlakAdder? Cause, frankly, it's textbook bandwagoning.
lol objective morality
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by armlx »

Vamparific wrote:argh i dont want to be on rofl's side
unvote
Why is that relevant?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by Korts »

roflcopter wrote: just to clarify, my vote for strife was complete and utter bullshit, whereas my vote for armlx was not, and the reason i paired them and asked who was scummier was to see who was gonna try and keep the attention off of armlx by saying strife when strife really hasn't done anything wrong.
korts went one step further by vehemently denying the whole attempt to draw out information.
obviously nobody is going along with my request at this point, so i'm just gonna point out now that korts/armlx working so hard to shoot it down is another thing that makes me all but positive that armlx is scum and reasonably sure korts is one of his partners.
Korts wrote:
roflcopter wrote:i really hope that armlx himself isn't the only one in this game who is experienced enough to realize i just caught him blatantly rolefishing.
Not that blatant, I think. True, there's reason in your point, but you're blowing it out of proportion.
DON'T misrepresent me, buster. You're gonna get in trouble. You're untouchable for today, but there's the remote (very remote) chance of this being a scum gambit. So DON'T misrepresent me.
iamausername wrote:
roflcopter wrote:@iamausername, you may think its a stupid trap, but it worked. when someone says "player x is obvtown" at the start of day one, and someone else says "why?" the only answer they're looking for or thinking is "because i'm a town power role duh."
Eh, I can kind of see where you're coming from, but I think it's equally possible that a pro-town player would ask that because they don't want to let anyone set a precedent of making statements about other people's alignments without anything to back them up.

Unvote, Vote: Korts
, by the way. I can't see a pro-town reason to object so strongly to this line of questioning.
No, you don't understand. I don't object to the question, I object to the phrasing and the insistence that everyone choose one out of the two. Basically, I object to the false dichotomy that our choice is either strife or armlx. But this point is irrelevant now anyway.
StrangerCoug wrote:roflcopter's #14 is a big fat scum tell to me, and the only way he can know for sure that Iron Man is town is if he is either scum or cop, the latter of which is idiotic. The post after his asks why he thinks so, and he shoots it off as saying the question is scummy and refuses to explain why said question is such.

If his first post started with the words "I think" or "I'm pretty sure that" and he backed himself up, this would be a different story, but neither is the case here.

Vote: roflcopter
This post makes my scumsenses tingle. Why aren't you even considering a town gambit? Oh, you add something referencing it, three minutes later. It's like you didn't want to be seen desperately throwing shit:
StrangerCoug wrote:EBWOP: I don't buy roflcopter's defense that armlx was rolefishing, either.
Actually, though, that's not a defense, that's an accusation.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by Korts »

EBWOP: dammit, I wanted to paste this reply to quotes under this part:

Hot damn, rofl that was a reckless thing to do.

unvote: roflcopter
scumchat never die
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:22 am

Post by strife220 »

strife220 wrote:Essay on dcorbe 2/3 down - coming tomorrow, a day later than promised.
Ugh.. posted this in the wrong game
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 am

Post by Lowell »

kudos to you, rofl.

unvote, vote strangercoug
for shedding crocodile tears.

You can't tell me masons outing themselves really hurts the town. ESPECIALLY in a situation where we probably have an SK. Even if scum factions WANTED to kill the masons (which in my experience isn't always the case) they have no way of coordinating it.

This is a good thing. Let it go.
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:46 am

Post by BlakAdder »

-TinVision- wrote:Wow. I get caught up in work for a day and come back to claims on Page 3.

Anyway, anyone suggesting roflcopter for today's lynch, under the circumstances and given his claim, should be hit in the head with a baseball bat.

BlakAdder wrote:vote:roflcopter. Just seems like everything he's said so far is kinda pointing towards scum.
Would you care to elaborate on your thought process behind this post, please, BlakAdder? Cause, frankly, it's textbook bandwagoning.
That was before he claimed mason, and I just thought that his behavior was kind of suspicious. Making assumptions is part of a game of mafia, after all.
unvote
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:59 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Korts wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:roflcopter's #14 is a big fat scum tell to me, and the only way he can know for sure that Iron Man is town is if he is either scum or cop, the latter of which is idiotic. The post after his asks why he thinks so, and he shoots it off as saying the question is scummy and refuses to explain why said question is such.

If his first post started with the words "I think" or "I'm pretty sure that" and he backed himself up, this would be a different story, but neither is the case here.

Vote: roflcopter
This post makes my scumsenses tingle. Why aren't you even considering a town gambit? Oh, you add something referencing it, three minutes later. It's like you didn't want to be seen desperately throwing shit:
StrangerCoug wrote:EBWOP: I don't buy roflcopter's defense that armlx was rolefishing, either.
Actually, though, that's not a defense, that's an accusation.
I was looking at page 1 when I typed the first quote up. The second quote is after I looked and saw that roflcopter finally answered armlx's question.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP:
Lowell wrote:
unvote, vote strangercoug
for shedding crocodile tears.

You can't tell me masons outing themselves really hurts the town. ESPECIALLY in a situation where we probably have an SK.
What do you mean "probably"? We
DO
have a serial killer. The fact that three deaths happened Night 0 meant we have both an SK and a vigilante, and I want to know where you were when we came to that conclusion.
Lowell wrote:Even if scum factions WANTED to kill the masons (which in my experience isn't always the case) they have no way of coordinating it.

This is a good thing. Let it go.
I have. By unvoting him. Yes, I still have an FoS out on him, but that is because I feel a number of his actions before and during his claim were unnecessary. If roflcopter just said "I am a mason" and didn't say with whom, I would have believed it initially instead of reluctantly (it has been explained that doubting the mason should only happen in a lynch-or-lose situation)

Do you have anything else to say for your OMGUS vote on me?

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Lowell »

Nope. I feel pretty good about it, though.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'd rather lynch armlx but apparently i'm alone in that.

i'm also willing to lynch blakadder for opportunistic voting and strangercoug for obvscummery.

you're welcome, everyone, for thrusting this game immediately into hardcore awesome mode.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Korts »

Actually, I'm inclined to vote StrangerCoug too.
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”