Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:57 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

iamausername wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:You ask us which we think is scummiest yet there is no case against Strife so how could I possibly decide right now?
What do you mean by "there is no case against Strife"? Do you mean that you don't think he's done anything scummy, or just that no one has pointed out what scummy things he's done?
That's exactly what I mean. I haven't seen anything scummy yet and you and rofl pushing his lynch haven't shown anything that gives cause for his lynch at this time.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:01 am

Post by armlx »

That's exactly what I mean. I haven't seen anything scummy yet and you and rofl pushing his lynch haven't shown anything that gives cause for his lynch at this time.
Where has IAUN pushed the strife lynch. He merely said he was scummier then me. This is the exact issue with rofl's question, it commits people to positions they aren't really pushing.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Lowell »

vote sun tzu
. Keep 'em guessing.

This is the part where I propose the masons out themselves. Discuss.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:37 am

Post by armlx »

No.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Iron Man »

Lowell: Two questions.

How are you positive that there are masons in the first place.

And second, wouldnt the masons outing themselves be an extremely dumb move?

I dont care what you say, this is probably the biggest role fish I've ever seen.

Unvote, Vote: Lowell
I'm back.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Lowell »

Good, good, more.

@Iron Man- yes, of course it's a rolefish. And no, I don't know if there are masons. If there aren't any, asking them to reveal doesn't risk much, does it?

The logic is basically: with 2 masons out in the open, it helps town winnow the field of potential lynch candidates, and forces scum to make an awkward and annoying choice. Either they can waste NKs on masons (who have no pro-town abilities other than confirming each others' town-ness), or they can try to kill someone else, hoping that (a) they hit a power role, and (b) they can hide the next day despite there being fewer and fewer viable lynch options.

This seems counterintuitive, but in every game I've been in the town has been better served the earlier the masons reveal.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:46 am

Post by armlx »

armlx wrote:
No.
I should probably elaborate on this. Why would we want potential masons to claim now, especially with no doc. All that would happen is the mafia/sk would have the best kills possible if they want to kill confirmed townies, and eliminated suspects if they want to try to kill power roles.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:57 am

Post by iamausername »

Greasy Spot wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:You ask us which we think is scummiest yet there is no case against Strife so how could I possibly decide right now?
What do you mean by "there is no case against Strife"? Do you mean that you don't think he's done anything scummy, or just that no one has pointed out what scummy things he's done?
So do you think there
is
a case against armlx?

p.s. Outing the masons at this stage is a terrible idea.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:58 am

Post by BlakAdder »

armlx wrote: Why would we want potential masons to claim now, especially with no doc.
That's not necessarily true. There could be another doctor.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Iron Man »

Potentially, but for saftey's sake, let's assume there isnt. If we galavant around saying "Oh, there's still a doctor to save me tonight" we all might end up in some serious shit.
I'm back.
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:04 am

Post by BlakAdder »

True. I guess I was being a little reckless there.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:43 am

Post by armlx »

Assuming there isn't is def the right play.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:43 am

Post by roflcopter »

ok armlx, your question is probably worded better than mine, but you clearly get the idea of what i was trying to do. you're still scum though.

i actually find myself agreeing with lowell's argument for a mason claim. outed masons either draw nightkills away from power roles that actually have night actions (such as the vig we know we have) or remain as a confirmed-town thorn in the scum's side.

yes lowell asking for the masons to claim is obviously rolefishing, but armlx's rolefishing is worse because no matter what he says about looking for what meta or tell i had that made iron man pro town, what he was really trying to figure out was if i'm a cop.

so i'm just gonna go ahead and do this, sorry iron cause i can see you are against it, but i really think lowell is right.

i am a mason with iron man.

armlx, korts, blakadder and to a lesser extent strangercoug are all looking extremely scummy right now. i think armlx is clearly the play today.

just to clarify, my vote for strife was complete and utter bullshit, whereas my vote for armlx was not, and the reason i paired them and asked who was scummier was to see who was gonna try and keep the attention off of armlx by saying strife when strife really hasn't done anything wrong. korts went one step further by vehemently denying the whole attempt to draw out information. obviously nobody is going along with my request at this point, so i'm just gonna point out now that korts/armlx working so hard to shoot it down is another thing that makes me all but positive that armlx is scum and reasonably sure korts is one of his partners.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Iron Man »

damn, rofl.

You couldnt make it one day without outing us? Jeez.

Whatever. Dont really mind myself. Although masons can communicate at night, not a lot of good it brings Night 0.
I'm back.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:53 am

Post by roflcopter »

at least now people will stop voting me for saying you're obviously town :)
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

roflcopter, if your mason claim is true, then you just gave the Mafia and the serial killer two free hits—you and Iron Man. Do you realize that, not only have you given him away, bur you have also blundered yourself up beyond all recognition? Are you even thinking before you lay one finger on your keyboard!?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:57 am

Post by roflcopter »

strangercoug, do you realize that my mason partner just confirmed me and yet you still haven't unvoted? do you even think before you hit the submit button?
soi soi soi

strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:57 am

Post by strife220 »

Oh my... this is the most content in 3 pages I've ever seen.

Roflcopter, I think your 'trap' was terrible and I think Armix asking you why you were so sure Ironman was town is a null tell.

Unvote
until I get time to analyze posts more closely.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:59 am

Post by roflcopter »

whatever you think of my trap, the fact that you say this is the most content in the first three pages you've ever seen means i've done something right for the town.
soi soi soi

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:01 am

Post by armlx »

JUnvote

Rofl, there was no reason to out Iron Man. For future reference, just mason claim should be enough for D1.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:02 am

Post by roflcopter »

armlx, it was stupidly, blatantly obvious who my mason partner was if i just claimed mason, thanks to you rolefishing for just that information.

and strangercoug, if the serial killer/mafia take the two free kills on me and iron, then we're serving a very good purpose - getting killed instead of the vig or any other town power role.
soi soi soi

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:05 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I did not see him confirm before I started typing. Sorry.

I don't intend to unvote at this time, because town or not, you have made a serious,
SERIOUS
blunder that is making it hard to believe your claim. For all I know, Night 0 you could have talked with Iron Man and agreed to fakeclaim mason when it came to that point.

If you must roleclaim a power role during Day 1, wait until lynch -1 to do it.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:05 am

Post by armlx »

armlx, it was stupidly, blatantly obvious who my mason partner was if i just claimed mason, thanks to you rolefishing for just that information.
Sigh, you accuse me of role fishing that info out when A) a large number of players pushed your wagon to claim and B) you volunteered the bread crumb.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:07 am

Post by roflcopter »

please stop being retarded and unvote

also please stop trying to poison the well of me and my mason buddy with your crackpot theory that we decided on night zero to claim masons. scum would never claim masons except maaaaybe in lylo in a game with a freaking vig, cause its signing a death warrant for both scum if one ever dies.

so i repeat, please stop being retarded and unvote before you get yourself lynched in armlx's place.
soi soi soi

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:10 am

Post by armlx »

The fake mason claim is a very crackpot theory. There is not reason to disbelieve the mason claims at this point in time, and likely for a VERY long time.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”