Mini 622 - Mind Screw Mafia - Das ist alles!

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of Order!

"I am NOT a number!"

The Twelfth Vote Count (aka the "Lose It. It Means, Go Crazy... Nuts..." Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Korts (3) - iamausername
Battousai (1)
Jenter Brolincani (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (1)
Musher333 (0)
Macavenger (0) - Nocmen
Cavebear with a toothache (0)
Jex (0) - remussaidow, cavebear with a toothache, Macavenger
Nocmen (1)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)
Tarhalindur (1) - MafiaSSK
Battle Mage (1) - Korts

Not Voting (5): Battousai , Jenter Brolincani, Musher333, Jex, Yosarian2

Votes required to lynch: ???

FoS Count:

Korts (2) - Yosarian2, Macavenger
Battousai (1) - Macavenger
Jenter Brolincani (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (2) - Korts, iamausername
Musher333 (0)
Macavenger (0) - Korts
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
???
Next Mod Deadline Review:
???

End Point of Order!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Korts »

Okay, I'll need to sober up before I post sensibel. But it seems activity's slowed down...

Oh yeah, thanks Tar.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Korts »

Hey, it also seems the FoS count went crazy suddenly. Or I had one too many shots.

Public Humiliation! (but no Rules Infraction) - Tar
scumchat never die
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Interesting. Yos2 has an FoS on him, with no name on it. That suggests that someone (presumably scum) have an ability to secretly FoS a player, and that it does have some kind of effect on the game. Either that, or Tar messed up the count again, but I kind of doubt it this time.

iamausername - why would you rather be voting SSK than Jex currently? They've both been somewhat lurkish.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by iamausername »

Macavenger wrote:iamausername - why would you rather be voting SSK than Jex currently? They've both been somewhat lurkish.
For the reason I FoSed him in this post - What he said there was basically akin to suggesting that we should vote No Lynch today because quote "town usually doesn't lycnh scum on the first day", which I'm sure we can all agree is a terrible strategy.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I agree with iamausename on that count. That looks about as odd as the number 3. However, I am not entirely certain that he realized that that is what he was saying, as in a game where the mod is lynchable, then we would be getting something out of the lynch, though I do admit that it would be something useful to the town in all likelihood.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of Order!

"Smith will suffice."

The Thirteenth Vote Count (aka the "... Insane... Bonzo... No Longer In Possession of One's Faculties..." Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Korts (3) - iamausername
Battousai (0)
Jenter Brolincani (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (1)
Musher333 (0)
Macavenger (0) - Nocmen
Jex (0) - remussaidow, cavebear with a toothache, Macavenger
Nocmen (1)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)
Battle Mage (1) - Korts

Not Voting (5): Battousai , Jenter Brolincani, Musher333, Jex, Yosarian2

FoS Count:

Jenter Brolincani (0)
remussaidow (0)
Musher333 (0)
Macavenger (0) - Korts
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
???
???

End Point of Order!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User out of ambit.

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that this votecount is actually correct across the board....
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by Musher333 »

Ok, 'i am not a number comes' from The Prisoner which as far as i know stops the trait of the rest of them being Sci-Fi, maybe something has changed?
As far as i can see 'Smith will suffice' seems to also be a movie which does help with the idea that the theme of things has changed.
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Battousai »

I'm pretty sure the theme isn't entirely sci fi as my role branches from other genres.

Remussaidow- why did you defend MafiaSSK in post 130? I would like to see Mafia defend that quote iamausername brought up.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:27 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

iamausername wrote:
Macavenger wrote:iamausername - why would you rather be voting SSK than Jex currently? They've both been somewhat lurkish.
For the reason I FoSed him in this post - What he said there was basically akin to suggesting that we should vote No Lynch today because quote "town usually doesn't lycnh scum on the first day", which I'm sure we can all agree is a terrible strategy.
True, it is usually a terrible strategy. However, this is a differet type of Mafia. We should try out different strategies than normal.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Macavenger »

MafiaSSK wrote:True, it is usually a terrible strategy. However, this is a differet type of Mafia. We should try out different strategies than normal.
Wrong, it's still mafia.

Unvote; Vote: Korts
(SSK)
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Battousai »

Agreed (with Mac)

Vote:Korts
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Korts »

Battousai wrote:Agreed (with Mac)

Vote:Korts
I'd say opportunism, but I guess it was just the second vote and nothing to be too anxious about.
scumchat never die
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Battousai »

Why is it opportunism if I agree with someone on someone else's scumminess? Why can't we share the same opinion on it, do I have to find something else to vote mafiaSSK on?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of Order!

"Help, help! I'm trapped in the game!"

The Fourteenth Vote Count (aka the "...Three Fries Short of a Happy Meal... WACKO!" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Korts (2) - iamausername, Macavenger, Battousai
Battousai (0)
Jenter Brolincani (0)
remussaidow (0)
MafiaSSK (3)
Musher333 (0)
Macavenger (0) - Nocmen
Jex (0) - remussaidow, cavebear with a toothache
Nocmen (1)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)
Battle Mage (1) - Korts

Not Voting (4): Jenter Brolincani, Musher333, Jex, Yosarian2

FoS Count:

Jenter Brolincani (0)
remussaidow (0)
Musher333 (0)
Macavenger (0) - Korts
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
???
???

End Point of Order!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User out of ambit.

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:31 am

Post by remussaidow »

I said that I understood the point that he may have been trying to make. I'm not terribly sure that that counts as defending him.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Korts »

Battousai wrote:Why is it opportunism if I agree with someone on someone else's scumminess? Why can't we share the same opinion on it, do I have to find something else to vote mafiaSSK on?
True, yes, for starters. But would you think SSK lynchworthy for this single point? This point is purely mafia theory, specialized. And there are infinite points of view in theory.
scumchat never die
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

Odd, I must've somehow looked at the wrong count when I thought MafiaSSK's FoS didn't count earlier. Oh well, disregard that, then.

Mod Watch™
"You must be mad, or you wouldn't have come here!"
- Cheshire cat,
Alice in Wonderland
"I am NOT a number!"
Seems to indeed be from
The Prisoner
"Smith will suffice."
- Agent Smith,
The Matrix
"Help, help! I'm trapped in the game!"
Couldn't find this on the interwebs. I thought it might've been from
Jumanji
, but it's not a direct quote from the movie. Might be worth keeping track of which references are direct quotes and which aren't.

Korts wrote:"Pretty much know" means about 80-90% sure. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think it's more than safe to assume.
Well, I disagree, because I don't think it's a good idea to lynch based on what you can assume about other people's role pm's, but I won't stop you from placing higher value in it.
With this setup, I'm not 100% confident in anything. YES I base this idea on something, NO I don't feel like telling you what it is I base it on.
Fair enough. Could you answer this though; do you have an in-game reason, or is it strictly meta? I don't expect you to provide the specific reason if it's in-game.
Because in BM's case, I just chose a scummer at random out of those not involved in this game.
Ok.

iamausername wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:Yes [we should try lynching the mod]. Since town usually doesn't lycnh scum on the first day.
Do not like this.
FoS: MafiaSSK
iamausername wrote:For the reason I FoSed him in this post - What he said there was basically akin to suggesting that we should vote No Lynch today because quote "town usually doesn't lycnh scum on the first day", which I'm sure we can all agree is a terrible strategy.
But he didn't actually suggest a no lynch, he suggested lynching the mod. Which, according to Korts (if I understand him correctly) is more like a random lynch. Which is even worse.

MafiaSSK, despite Korts confirmation that he's got a reason for saying that lynching the mod will lead to someone else dying instead of him, you have neither retracted your position on this nor unvoted Tarhalindur. Care to clarify your stand? For that matter, do you think Korts is right/wrong?
remusshadow wrote: as in a game where the mod is lynchable, then we would be getting something out of the lynch, though I do admit that it would be something useful to the town in all likelihood.
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, are you saying that you think lynching the mod would be useful to the town?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by iamausername »

Cavebear with a toothache wrote:
iamausername wrote:For the reason I FoSed him in this post - What he said there was basically akin to suggesting that we should vote No Lynch today because quote "town usually doesn't lycnh scum on the first day", which I'm sure we can all agree is a terrible strategy.
But he didn't actually suggest a no lynch, he suggested lynching the mod. Which, according to Korts (if I understand him correctly) is more like a random lynch. Which is even worse.
I didn't mean to suggest that SSK was actually advocating a no lynch (I'm sure lynching the mod will have more effect than that), merely that his reasoning for voting Tar was just as faulty as that same reasoning would be if applied to a vote of no lynch.

P.S., Tar, I believe my name should be in front of Korts and SSK should have a (3) next to his.

Once again, the omniscient proves that he cannot make a proper vote count to save his life. Eighth, Nine, and Tenth Vote Counts repaired. - Tar
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I mean lynching the mod will be more useful to the town than not lynching.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

iamausername wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:Yes [we should try lynching the mod]. Since town usually doesn't lycnh scum on the first day.
Do not like this.

MafiaSSK, despite Korts confirmation that he's got a reason for saying that lynching the mod will lead to someone else dying instead of him, you have neither retracted your position on this nor unvoted Tarhalindur. Care to clarify your stand? For that matter, do you think Korts is right/wrong?
I didn't realize there was a confirmation. So since he confirmed it, I'll believe him and
unvote
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Korts »

Korts wrote:"Pretty much know" means about 80-90% sure. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think it's more than safe to assume.
Well, I disagree, because I don't think it's a good idea to lynch based on what you can assume about other people's role pm's, but I won't stop you from placing higher value in it.
I may be wrong, and I'm certainly not going to lynch over this single point, but the PM was pretty indicative of this format.
With this setup, I'm not 100% confident in anything. YES I base this idea on something, NO I don't feel like telling you what it is I base it on.
Fair enough. Could you answer this though; do you have an in-game reason, or is it strictly meta? I don't expect you to provide the specific reason if it's in-game.
In-game, definitely. I'm not sure how you imagine meta reasoning for the mod's lynch causing someone else's death.
iamausername wrote:
Do not like this.
Nonono. Not random. A specific player, if I'm right.
scumchat never die
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Korts wrote:
I may be wrong, and I'm certainly not going to lynch over this single point, but the PM was pretty indicative of this format.

Korts wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Do not like this.
Nonono. Not random. A specific player, if I'm right.
Can you tell us which player?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I'm not sure if I want to just go and lynch the mod right away. From a player standpoint, it is most commonly the same as a no lynch. Then again, it could provide very good or very bad consequences.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”