Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Mistyx »

every time i come back from site breaks something like this happens and i question why i even bother
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:11 am

Post by cyrus62 »

i like my idea becuse it blocks two of their more powerful roles
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Gypyx »

votecount 1.2Alisae (3) - KittyTacky ; Imaginality ; VFP
KittyTacky (0)
mastina (0)
Smoke and Mirrors (0)
Cupcake Butterfly (0)
ssbm_Kyouko (0)
Flea The Magician (1) - Cyrus62
Mistyx (0)
cyrus62 (0)
imaginality (0)
marcistar (0)
Distance (0)
VFP (0)

not voting (9) - Everyone else

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to convict someone for tax evasion, day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-06-21 02:12:49)

Marketplace ownerAlisae (1) - Alisae
KittyTacky (0)
mastina (0)
Smoke and Mirrors (0)
Cupcake Butterfly (1) - Cupcake Butterfly
ssbm_Kyouko (2) Kyouko ; distance
Flea The Magician (2) - Flea The Magician ; VFP
Mistyx (0)
cyrus62 (1) - Cyrus62
imaginality (0)
marcistar (0)
Distance (0)
VFP (0)

Please vote vote for the marketplace owner with HEAL: tags

auctionthe auctioned abilities are :

1-shot Cop

2-shot Doctor

1-shot Hitman

1-shot Roleblocker

vc done hastily, i gtg
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Gypyx »

gamma emerald replaces Alisae
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 93, cyrus62 wrote:remember only one person can bid with them self's right now town should work together there are more of us then scum . so 4 of us bid 500 on one item each day in order for scum to get any role they will have to out bid us . scum will have not enough money to bid high day 2 to beat us. as they will all be left with 300 . but we would still have 6 with 500. . so then if town . just bids 325 on day 2 we get every role. so whos up for trying this
I haven’t really read much but I dislike this plan. Town doesn’t need to bid 500, 301 is enough to make scum have to pay dearly for an ability. If a townie thinks they can do well with a role 500 is fine, but I don’t want a bunch of townies burning their entire stash early. There are going to be 16 abilities up for auction, if town bids 500 out the gate on everything they get 10 of those.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Mistyx »

hi gamma

how much have you been following
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:17 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 93, cyrus62 wrote:remember only one person can bid with them self's right now town should work together there are more of us then scum . so 4 of us bid 500 on one item each day in order for scum to get any role they will have to out bid us . scum will have not enough money to bid high day 2 to beat us. as they will all be left with 300 . but we would still have 6 with 500. . so then if town . just bids 325 on day 2 we get every role. so whos up for trying this
yes, town need to work together and figure ut the best strategy.. but all ining on it seems a bit bad unless if its super important. (like cop and doc)

alisae made me realize that some items might not be as useful as i think they are, but i still stand strong that we've got to at least have some
tiny
shot at something, and not allow the less important powers to stack up on a player or 2, that seems very bad for us.
In post 87, cyrus62 wrote: i disagree that is very good for scum means a kill cant be stoped. plus scum have 300 more then us so if your thinking doc helps here . over hitman your wrong . i count this post as scum trying to fool town in to letting scum get what they want.
i think alisaes just a player that very much like control and things to go their way, idk if its scum indicative, but it did make me feel weird about the slot.

-

that sub out was sad, but hi hi gamma emerald!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 105, Mistyx wrote:hi gamma

how much have you been following
I only started reading when I decided to start playing
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:19 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 52, Flea The Magician wrote:Now my problem is last time I played a game with a weird mechanic like this, I tried to lightningrod the bad for town roles and got my ass firmly handed to me
By lightning rod do you mean you tried to obtain the roles or you tried to get targeted by them? And what do you mean by got your ass firmly handed to you? You got miselimmed, endgamed, or what?

Have you learned something from that experience you think might not be intuitive in this setup?
In post 62, VFP wrote:HEAL: Flea

You lose my support!
Can you explain why you healed Alisae in the first place and then how you chose who to switch to? With most everyone else self-healing, it stands out as unusual to me. Scum want to control the market so this looks to me like healing alisae for such a brief time is a cover for getting your heal onto another player without drawing suspicion later on a scum!Flea flip

VOTE: VFP
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 17, Alisae wrote:in a vacuum the only marketplace owners that should even be worth considering is me and pooky as we're probably both the smartest mechanical players when it comes to this setup. Pooky is probably better at bidding than I am and I know this setup like the back of my hand.
FYI I wouldn’t mind being MO but idk if I can make super-good calls
It’s probably better in the hands of Pooky or maybe mastina
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Btw @VFP: Carcalilly is carcasilly
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 42, marcistar wrote:
In post 40, Alisae wrote:1. If you want to force scum to bid more than 300$, you bid 300$. 301$ is also an acceptable amount. This is important because they need to bid 301$ or 302$ to outbid you and if they outbid you that means they can't outbid a 500$ bid.
2. What I like to do is bid low on everything (I've bid 10$ on everything at this moment so if u are not okay with this outbid me), because I generally go by the rule of thumb of pay what you value the item at and not any more. If you go by this rule and use your money scarcely, you'll have more later on for bigger purchases. You shouldn't be blowing 100$s on items for no reason, and I generally think purchases greater than 100$ on low-tier items is way too much.
so our goal is to just stop scum from having an easy time?
Early on yes
<Embrace The Void>

Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 108, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 52, Flea The Magician wrote:Now my problem is last time I played a game with a weird mechanic like this, I tried to lightningrod the bad for town roles and got my ass firmly handed to me
By lightning rod do you mean you tried to obtain the roles or you tried to get targeted by them? And what do you mean by got your ass firmly handed to you? You got miselimmed, endgamed, or what?

Have you learned something from that experience you think might not be intuitive in this setup?

You lose my support!
Can you explain why you healed Alisae in the first place and then how you chose who to switch to? With most everyone else self-healing, it stands out as unusual to me. Scum want to control the market so this looks to me like healing alisae for such a brief time is a cover for getting your heal onto another player without drawing suspicion later on a scum!Flea flip

why does that make you vote vfp over flea?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 48, marcistar wrote:it seems like alisae wants alot of control over things i think. im not sure if its good thing
I like your thinking, you can be town
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 49, cyrus62 wrote:/if i am mo it will be very goode
Can you provide a resume of past times you have broken a setup mechanically in favor of town?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That was draft upick right?
Sorry about being a blithering idiot about the role evolution
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 57, VFP wrote:
In post 53, Alisae wrote:tl;dr protect the obvtown players that you believe are absolutely town beyond a reasonable doubt and kicking ass. If someone is not kicking ass and is doing nothing, they're not worth protecting. If someone is not absolutely town beyond a reasonable doubt, they're not worth protecting.
You're starting to lose my vote.
Lead better.
How would YOU use a doc then?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 65, VFP wrote:
In post 61, Alisae wrote:Like my approach to the role works for me, I have the results to prove it.

If you think trying to predict the night kill is better than making sure the most important player on the player list to you doesn't die then you're just bad at the game.
It was more to how obvious it was.
X shots I agree don't waste them on predicting. But this isn't a master science plan, it should be meta.
And you keep throwing around that everyone but you is bad. So maybe limming you first here just levels the playing field regardless on your align.
Or maybe you should give em a chance to prove themselves since anything advantageous to scum can be reasoned as a scum claim
But nooooo let the blind lead the blind amirite?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 67, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Cop is definitely worth 301+ as it forces scum to lower their cash below 500. Bidding 300 can result in a tie with a scum that also bid 300, which would leave scum with 500 if they win the randomized tie, that they could still use to tie a full-wallet townie and potentially takeaway 2 good town roles.

This point was brought up in the previous iteration linked in the signups thread:

The role of the MO is not so much to determine
which
roles will show up, but in
what order
they will appear. For example, ideally the tracker/watcher roles will appear before Ninja appears, and Cop before Godfather. Since there are 20 roles and 16 will appear throughout the course of 4 Days, we can only avoid 4 of them, and on N3 when there are 8 roles left there is only a 20% chance of avoiding all 4 of those roles that the MO does not ENHANCE. Factor in chances of those roles appearing on prior nights and it's even less likely we can avoid all 4. The good news is that ORDER MATTERS for most of these roles. Godfather is useless to scum once the cop has blown their load, so whoever gets Cop, if you think the MO is town, you can probably afford to save it for one night as it's unlikely that specifically Godfather will appear tomorrow out of 16 roles.

We're already quite lucky to have gotten cop this early as it's our only counterable investigative (and the counter is not available yet) so scum will have to outbid town on 3 different roles to stop investigations, which is enough to free up other strong town roles such as 2x doctor for us.

Probably the only other thing I have to say about the setup right now is that scum WILL most likely outbid us on dayvig so whoever gets MO should withhold that role, as tempting as it might be to have it :(
I’m a bit surprised to say this but you seem rational enough to be a decent MO
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 71, Distance wrote:cyrus is the worst candidate for mo in this playerlist lets get real here
What makes you say this?
The vitriol I sense kinda bothers me
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 81, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 58, Alisae wrote:
In post 55, Flea The Magician wrote:Knowing there's a doctor in the setup means scum are going to try and work out their best shot around that and will take out a null target, every single time.

You have to know how a player is handled by scum to know if they're a target too which relies on meta. Scum only aim for me as a null-shot. All you've given there is a lot on why you should have doc, so by all means go for it, have doc.
or you just
not give village the doctor?

I'm undecided on if I'm going for the doctor. I just want MO as I strongly believe I am the most suited for it. If that triggers you that fine because I would expect that to trigger you.
If I am going for the doctor, I will not be saying so but its not a decision I will make until after the midday announcement. And even if I do go for it, you're crazy if you think I'm going to broadcast that.

I wrote that brief on how to use the doctor ability because I do not think it is correct for me to go for it, at least right now.
Trigger is NOT the word to be using here, for the record. I am not triggered, I am fucked off at other reasons and your ego immediately coming in here annoys me.

Reminder I caught you pretty damn fast as scum previously.

What you set out to write, is why you should be the MO, what you wrote is the politicians speech on why they should be something.
I don't expect you to announce what you're going for, thats why we have PTs for bidding. You're already firmly twisting what I've said to the point I'm now happy locking my vote in seriously.
I don’t think Alisae explicitly was saying e should be MO. E was basically trying to make sure mechanics were handled right, and I think since Pooky hadn’t checked in e tried to drive the conversation
<Embrace The Void>

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:58 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 112, Mistyx wrote:
In post 108, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:

You lose my support!

why does that make you vote vfp over flea?
VFP is the one with the perceived agenda

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:03 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 118, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 67, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Cop is definitely worth 301+ as it forces scum to lower their cash below 500. Bidding 300 can result in a tie with a scum that also bid 300, which would leave scum with 500 if they win the randomized tie, that they could still use to tie a full-wallet townie and potentially takeaway 2 good town roles.

This point was brought up in the previous iteration linked in the signups thread:

The role of the MO is not so much to determine
which
roles will show up, but in
what order
they will appear. For example, ideally the tracker/watcher roles will appear before Ninja appears, and Cop before Godfather. Since there are 20 roles and 16 will appear throughout the course of 4 Days, we can only avoid 4 of them, and on N3 when there are 8 roles left there is only a 20% chance of avoiding all 4 of those roles that the MO does not ENHANCE. Factor in chances of those roles appearing on prior nights and it's even less likely we can avoid all 4. The good news is that ORDER MATTERS for most of these roles. Godfather is useless to scum once the cop has blown their load, so whoever gets Cop, if you think the MO is town, you can probably afford to save it for one night as it's unlikely that specifically Godfather will appear tomorrow out of 16 roles.

We're already quite lucky to have gotten cop this early as it's our only counterable investigative (and the counter is not available yet) so scum will have to outbid town on 3 different roles to stop investigations, which is enough to free up other strong town roles such as 2x doctor for us.

Probably the only other thing I have to say about the setup right now is that scum WILL most likely outbid us on dayvig so whoever gets MO should withhold that role, as tempting as it might be to have it :(
I’m a bit surprised to say this but you seem rational enough to be a decent MO
Believe it or not I faked that guilty with a completely level head, but people didnt use the info properly in LyLo as they were understandably disgusted by my play. I didn't account for that when considering the upside of me eating the rope that day. I thought it was a win-win regardless of who got flipped but it didnt work out that way

cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 114, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 49, cyrus62 wrote:/if i am mo it will be very goode
Can you provide a resume of past times you have broken a setup mechanically in favor of town?
i do that all the time . its just who i am 400% more odds so i guse we look at the good stuff and put it there but then town better have enough to out bid scum. fyi your slot alredy bided 250 . on one item how much is left?
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:06 am

Post by Mistyx »

i think gamma and kyouko are town