Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Hey, finally someone has actually done something noticable.

Unvote; Vote: hadhfang

So, first charter's three scum speculation was fine, now it's not? I disapprove of self inconsistency.

On this note, can we please abandon the stupid setup guessing and get back to scumhunting? I haven't had much to say in this game for a while because "is there an SK? Maybe? Maybe not?" has been about all that's happening. This is the reason day 1 setup guessing is usually considered scummy, because it distracts from scumhunting. Unfortunately I couldn't use it as any kind of tell here when what, 6? 8? people were doing it.

Note on CF Riot's first post: While poorly formatted, the way I read it was "Random voting charter is tempting. Period. New statement in response to Tinsley: hadhfang's chances of being scum in both games is pretty low." I read them as disconnected thoughts that for some reason were put on the same line *shrug*.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Tinsley »

Mac - Seeing as everyone had the same chance of drawing a scum role in this game, do you find CF Riot's statistic misleading?
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Eh, technically the first part was correct, the second part wasn't. I read it as more of a joke/fun comment; I don't really see what he would be trying to accomplish with it... I mean, trying to get you to unvote hadhfang at the beginning of the random stage (worst case) is not really a master stroke, by any means.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Oh jeez. I really hate to pull a "yeah what he said" but Mac read my post exactly the way I meant it. I should've quoted you or something Tinsley but I assumed people would know why I mentioned Had for my stat. I didn't try to leave Charter out, it's just that no one had voted for him and that was my point. The only reason I joked about voting Charter is because we sort of had a feud last game and I ended up being right. Like I said though, I don't joke vote, so voting for him based on that goes against my game morals. The stat wasn't meant to change anyone's minds once real voting started, I just thought of all the people you could random, I wouldn't choose someone who was mafia last game.

Maybe I haven't said this clearly enough, but although I know each coin flip is random and independent of all previous flips, if I were betting and the last 4 were heads, I'd choose tails. If I were random voting this game, I would assume Charter and Had would not get mafia again since they got it last game.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:07 pm

Post by Walnut »

ShadowGirl wrote: Also, Walnut, the last two sentences in your quote aren't mine. But thank you for the link, nonetheless.

My apologies! I got the two posts jumbled in the quoting and reformatting process.
CF Riot wrote:After looking at that flash, I'm pretty convinced SK is the only likely 3rd party role in this game. At the same time, I agree that there's no point guessing at it when it's very nearly confirmed if there are 2 night kills by D2. I don't see why this would make me rethink that comment though. Clarify Walnut?

It seems to me like there are a lot of possibilities listed there. We had a sibling or lover pair in the last game, which has a town/pair and mafia/pair alleigance. In the same game I was a weak doctor, which means that if I had protected a mafia member I would have died. Assuming the mod's description of deaths did not make it obvious and people did not look up the role, most players would have assumed a certain number of mafia and an SK. Similarly, if an insane doctor "protects" someone they have a 50/50 chance of killing them instead, in which case the dead player's role would reveal nothing about why they died, and increase the likelihood that people would expect there was a serial killer.
Macavenger wrote: On this note, can we please abandon the stupid setup guessing and get back to scumhunting? I haven't had much to say in this game for a while because "is there an SK? Maybe? Maybe not?" has been about all that's happening. This is the reason day 1 setup guessing is usually considered scummy, because it distracts from scumhunting. Unfortunately I couldn't use it as any kind of tell here when what, 6? 8? people were doing it.

Regardless of the validity of the "guessing" element, it has been a useful discussion to help people realise what is actually possible within the constraints of the rules and not make incorrect assumptions. Also, while it may not have been useful for you Mac, there are plenty of other people who may have got value out of it.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Wow thanks. I didn't think of protown roles accidentally
appearing
3rd party. That makes sense. *standing corrected*

Ok Walnut so far no real vote input from you. Any suspects whatsoever?
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Walnut »

Hadhfang wrote: There could be cult leaders or survivers though, that's not above possibility. Tbh, speculation on 3rd party roles offers us no help at all, until someone makes a hint at their role if they are pro-town. Having said that Lord Guri's post was that there are likely to be either 3 scum or 3 scum and a SK, it was Charter that brought up the speculation about it.

Vote:Charter
In context, this is the most suspicious post in the game for me as well. Had, there has been a lot of water under the bridge since this was brought up- why vote for Charter now?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:14 am

Post by charter »

Waiting for your answer Had.

unvote
vote hadfang
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Hadhfang »

charter wrote:Is there any reason you're voting for me now rather than when I first said I'm assuming there's three mafia? I don't understand why you waited so long if that's your reason for voting me.
Only because I've had time to think about your post some more, and read through more thoroughly. Your jumping on Riot's post seems a bit over eager, since he said the assumption within a hypothesis, not openl stating that he did assume there were three mafia.
Note liking Had's waiting so long to vote for me. Also not liking Riot's misleading stat trying to make us think there's very little chance Had is scum.
Not liking this comment about Riot being "misleading" he isn't, his facts were perfectly accrurate, and added to that your assumption and then questioning the same assumption made by sumone else, albiet in a hypothesis is strange.

Fishing for pro-town roles to drop hints that you can pick up? Makes me wonder, why do you care who the pro town roles are?
I'm not fishing for them Charter,If you care to read my post again I'm stating that its bad to fish for them, as it gives the mafia an advantage. I was pointing out that by startign the speculation, the only people who would benefit would be the mafia as they would know who would be the best targets at night.
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Hadhfang »

EBWOP: Hmm, seems I didn't make myself so clear on the pro town roles thing in my post, I apologise.
This space is left intentionally blank.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:49 am

Post by charter »

CF Riot wrote:Oh jeez. I really hate to pull a "yeah what he said" but Mac read my post exactly the way I meant it. I should've quoted you or something Tinsley but I assumed people would know why I mentioned Had for my stat. I didn't try to leave Charter out, it's just that no one had voted for him and that was my point. The only reason I joked about voting Charter is because we sort of had a feud last game and I ended up being right. Like I said though, I don't joke vote, so voting for him based on that goes against my game morals. The stat wasn't meant to change anyone's minds once real voting started, I just thought of all the people you could random, I wouldn't choose someone who was mafia last game.
Alright, assuming you weren't trying to mislead anyone, I still have to question why you were so quick to defend Had when there had been a whopping five posts before yours. Why did you feel the need post about him?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Netlava »

CF Riot wrote:Oh jeez. I really hate to pull a "yeah what he said" but Mac read my post exactly the way I meant it.
I find it odd how you didn't explain it yourself.

CF Riot, what do you think of had's bandwagon? Of Charter's contradiction?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

Hadhfang 4 (Tinsley, ShadowGirl, Macavenger, charter)
charter 2 (Lord Gurgi, Netlava)
Lord Gurgi 1 (farside22)
Walnut 1 (Hadhfang)
farside22 1 (Battousai)

Not Voting:
Blackberry, Walnut, CF Riot

12 alive = 7 to lynch!

Please remember that if you do not unvote, your new vote does not count!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I think Tinsley is mafia cuz he tried to post an analysis of everyone. And after what we saw last game.

I don't like restarting this, but it's whatever. :-P

I might have to be replaced, as I am getting lazy in not only this, but all my games. I will stay in this game however only because I have a super-kick-ass role. I probably shouldn't mention that but I feel like bragging. I wonder what discussion this will bring up by me claiming I have a super-kick-ass role... lol.

I just barely skimmed through the posts just now. I will actually read the posts either later tonight or tomorrow.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:41 am

Post by Tinsley »

Blackberry wrote:I think Tinsley is mafia cuz he tried to post an analysis of everyone. And after what we saw last game.
I don't know what you're referring to here. Was it something Had, charter, or Acidmix did last game?

Blackberry wrote:I will stay in this game however only because I have a super-kick-ass role.

Great I'm sure this will really help put a stop to the setup speculation. :roll:
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:42 am

Post by Tinsley »

EBWOP: Oops...I forgot to take out the "I don't like restarting this, but it's whatever." part of BB's post.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Walnut »

Blackberry wrote:I think Tinsley is mafia cuz he tried to post an analysis of everyone. And after what we saw last game.

I might have to be replaced, as I am getting lazy in not only this, but all my games. I will stay in this game however only because I have a super-kick-ass role. I probably shouldn't mention that but I feel like bragging. I wonder what discussion this will bring up by me claiming I have a super-kick-ass role... lol.

I just barely skimmed through the posts just now. I will actually read the posts either later tonight or tomorrow.
Someone has to do it...

Blackberry, the choice is your's. I am not going to go through the whole spiel about why we all play mafia and how it only works as a community that supports itself, because you know all that. Rather than drag it out, please make a decision quickly about whether you want to play or not. Thanks!
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Walnut »

And, based on post #83, I would almost expect Had to be mafia and CFRiot a townie he is setting up for a fall. Maybe he is trying to use it as an argument against Charter, but I am not convinced. I have to admit that nothing he says is entirely unreasonable, but the gut feeling is there at the moment.

vote Hadhfang
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:31 am

Post by Tinsley »

Unvote: Hadhfang

I think it's a little early to be putting Had at L-2. While I have some concerns about him (flip-flopping on charter's triple post and CF Riot's misleading statistic on him). I think it's way too early in Day 1 to lynch him. We've barely heard anything from Blackberry or Battousai.

Speaking of Battousai, I had some questions for you in post 61 that you still haven't addressed.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:33 am

Post by charter »

Going back and doing a little rereading, and look what I find.
Hadhfang in post 60 wrote:Hmmm, My thoughts so far are that the SK thing is a bit of a wierd thing to do, but I can't really see anything in Charter's assumption thing really, if i'm honest.
Then later in 66
Hadhfang wrote:There could be cult leaders or survivers though, that's not above possibility. Tbh, speculation on 3rd party roles offers us no help at all, until someone makes a hint at their role if they are pro-town. Having said that Lord Guri's post was that there are likely to be either 3 scum or 3 scum and a SK, it was Charter that brought up the speculation about it.

I will be interested in seeing who the next person to vote for Had is (assuming someone does.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:36 am

Post by farside22 »

charter wrote:Going back and doing a little rereading, and look what I find.
Hadhfang in post 60 wrote:Hmmm, My thoughts so far are that the SK thing is a bit of a wierd thing to do, but I can't really see anything in Charter's assumption thing really, if i'm honest.
Then later in 66
Hadhfang wrote:There could be cult leaders or survivers though, that's not above possibility. Tbh, speculation on 3rd party roles offers us no help at all, until someone makes a hint at their role if they are pro-town. Having said that Lord Guri's post was that there are likely to be either 3 scum or 3 scum and a SK, it was Charter that brought up the speculation about it.

I will be interested in seeing who the next person to vote for Had is (assuming someone does.
Yes that is quiet a contradiction there. It's weird. This is all WIFOM and what not, but is Hadhfang the type of player to make a jump and try and make a blah case a normal thing? I know meta is over rated by some and I like to take apart a player first especially with only 3 pages before lynching them.
Hadhfang can you explain the above post and why you note Charters comments and then bring them up again?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Hadhfang »

Woah, that's 5 on me isn't it?

My comments initially were based on a quick skim read of everything, the next post was after I had time to read through it all and reflect. THe first comment on the SK thing meant I thought that the speculation on teh SK was weird, but I didn't think Charter's assumption mix up had much in it at the time. Re-reading it, Charter was the one that made a comment on teh SK speculation first, which in turn began more open spculation about it.

Charter seems to be pushing for a lynch quite eagerly at the moment and it's only page 3.

Also, I'm a cop with an unknown sanity. Of course its up to you as to what you think of that.
This space is left intentionally blank.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Tinsley »

Hadhfang wrote:Woah, that's 5 on me isn't it?...Also, I'm a cop with an unknown sanity. Of course its up to you as to what you think of that.
I'm pretty sure you were still at 4 votes with my unvote.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:28 am

Post by charter »

Hadhfang wrote:THe first comment on the SK thing meant I thought that the speculation on teh SK was weird, but I didn't think Charter's assumption mix up had much in it at the time. Re-reading it, Charter was the one that made a comment on teh SK speculation first, which in turn began more open spculation about it.
False, the only thing I've said this whole game about a SK is post 42, where I say "The person who first brings up a SK is more likely to be the SK supposedly." in response to Battousai's question of why is it bad to bring up the SK in the early game. I don't speculate about having one anywhere and I won't until at least tomorrow.
Hadhfang wrote:Charter seems to be pushing for a lynch quite eagerly at the moment and it's only page 3.
Also false. I voted for you, but all I've done is pointed out that you flip-flopped and that you took a very long time to vote for me. If I was 'pushing' there would be more arguments.
Hadhfang wrote:Also, I'm a cop with an unknown sanity. Of course its up to you as to what you think of that.
Convenient claim to make on D1 when you're at L-3....
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:14 am

Post by CF Riot »

**NOTE** I wrote 90% of this post last night at 4 in the morning, but didn't have time to post it because I woke up my dad and he kicked me off the computer. When I started, BB's post was the last thing I had to go on. I put a lot of effort in to my detective work here though, so I want to post it anyways.

@ Charter: I understand what you're asking but the way you phrased the question is wrong. I already said in an earlier post I
was not
defending Had. I only noticed that Tinsley had random voted for Had, and since there hadn't been any discussion yet I thought to myself, "I wouldn't random vote for someone that got Mafia last game because I don't think they'd get it twice in a row." After that popped in my head I decided to get on my computer calculator and figure up just what the percents would be. The fact that so little posting had happened was why I didn't feel like my stat would be seen as a scum move. The post was aimed at Tinsley, not Hadhfang.

@ Netlava: I would have given a detailed explanation in full but Mac happened to explain how he read it a mere hour and a half after Charter (and later Tinsley) said they didn't understand why I didn't mention Charter in the original post. I can tell you how I would have answered in my own words, but Mac
really
hit the nail on the head, and at this point even my own explanation could still be written off as rephrasing Mac's post. I did try to put some extra detail into my post 78 about what I was thinking when I did it, if you'd care to go check that out.

For your second point, I'm really glad you questioned me because I hadn't really put much thought into it yet. I think everyone misread Had's post. He first said
Hadhfang wrote:Hmmm, My thoughts so far are that the SK thing is a bit of a wierd thing to do, but I can't really see anything in Charter's assumption thing really, if i'm honest.
To me this looks like he's referring to Charter's triple post where he assumes 3 then accuses me for assuming 3. Here Had says that's okay. Then later Had says
Hadhfang wrote: Tbh, speculation on 3rd party roles offers us no help at all, until someone makes a hint at their role if they are pro-town. Having said that Lord Guri's post was that there are likely to be either 3 scum or 3 scum and a SK, it was Charter that brought up the speculation about it.

The problem I have with this is not that the vote is late, but it looks like Had isn't even talking about the triple post anymore. I
think
he's saying all the speculation on 3rd parties is anti-town because it doesn't help and distracts from scum hunting. I'm confused though because he says this is Charter's fault for "bringing up the speculation about it" but Charter doesn't even touch the idea of a SK or any other 3rd party roles until well after LG brings it up. Hadhfang references LG's post, so I assume he's read it and saw that it was the first to bring up this idea. I don't agree with Had's logic but if I were trying to go down that route it seems like he should be voting LG instead of Charter.

This all really confused me so I spent a lot of time trying to see if I've misread somewhere. (I've had the reply box open for 49 minutes now.) The only other way I can interpret it is if Had means to say LG's SK speculation is okay, and he's voting Charter for questioning it. But if you look back at what Charter's said on 3rd parties I don't even think he's done that. At one point Charter said "the first to bring up SK is more likely to be SK supposedly" but looking at how he phrased it, he doesn't even really think that, he's just saying that's the point other people are trying to make. Based on this, Had really has no grounds on which to accuse Charter either way.
-----------------------------
This is where I picked up today.
-----------------------------
Now, Had has come in and -sort of- clarified the post I was confused on. So he really was saying Charter is at fault for bringing up SK. Charter has already pointed out himself that this never happened, so all I can do is say wtf Had? If I had finished this post last night, I'd have undoubtedly locked in a vote for Hadhfang, but with this cop claim, and BB's claim as well, I'm going to through the option out there of Had trying to prove himself somehow.

If Had is mafia and lying, worse case scenario is he can't prove his claim and we lynch him tomorrow. If Had is telling the truth, we put today's effort into more scum hunting for one of the other mafia and don't lose much ground. I don't really know how to go about proving cop claims though, so if anyone has any ideas, feel free I guess. =/

For now,
strong FoS on Hadhfang
, waiting for the rest of the town's opinion on how to go about testing this claim. Battousai I'm also waiting for you to come in and clear your name.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”