CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:20 am

Post by CF Riot »

Sorry, double post. I just take pride in my English skills and after rereading my post I put "through" when I meant "throw". I'm embarrassed. ]=
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:27 am

Post by charter »

CF Riot wrote:For now,
strong FoS on Hadhfang
, waiting for the rest of the town's opinion on how to go about testing this claim. Battousai I'm also waiting for you to come in and clear your name.
Don't lynch him today and if he lives through the night lynch him tomorrow. Of course the mafia could always not NK him, but I see that as much more unlikely than him actually being mafia (if he lives). Saying this, there's no point in lynching him today, as there are probably two others, so I'll go ahead and
unvote had

However Had, you would do well to explain the discrepancies in your posting as pointed out by several of us.

A good place to start
vote blackberry
because I didn't get a super kickass role.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Battousai »

Tinsley in post 61-
Battousai - Quickly votes farside after she votes Lord Gurgi, but says it was a random vote with a bit of information. Was it because you disagreed with her? Was she too quick to change her vote? Do you think she's scum, or was it a truly random vote?
Like I said, it was mostly random, but I used INFORMATION she posted to pick her to random vote. I disagreed with her, that's the information. I don't think what LG did was all that scummy. And no, I don't think she's actually lynch worthy right now.

Had: In concerns with Had, I think we should lynch somoene else and see what happens. Come D2 if Had is still alive he can tell us who he investigated and the result. Then we can decide on whether or not to lynch him or somoene else. That's my two cents on that.

FYI, I was lurking on purpose to see who would say something and when. My last post was on Sunday night. Here was the order of everyone who wanted me to talk:
Tinsley- he had a question that I hadn't answered, call me and blackberry (who posted the day before) out for not hearing much from them and unvotes had when Had got to L-2; CF Riot- wanted me to speak up and clear my name (for what? My first post where I random voted Farside using some information I gathered from the previous post?), SFOS's Had and tries to figure out how to prove a cop claim.

Now I don't know what information can be gathered, as this is the first time I've tried this, but I think Tinsley will look very scummy to me if Had turns up scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:55 am

Post by charter »

You say Tinsley will look scummy if Had turns up scum, would the opposite hold true? Say if we lynch Tinsley today, would you then think Had is scum regardless of his claim tomorrow (if he lives through the night)?
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Tinsley »

Battousai wrote:Now I don't know what information can be gathered, as this is the first time I've tried this, but I think Tinsley will look very scummy to me if Had turns up scum.
True, but I thought four (now five) pages is too soon to make a lynch. But with Had's claim, I agree that we certainly shouldn't lynch him today.

Is there anyone else you suspect right now?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Battousai »

charter wrote:You say Tinsley will look scummy if Had turns up scum, would the opposite hold true? Say if we lynch Tinsley today, would you then think Had is scum regardless of his claim tomorrow (if he lives through the night)?
Nope, tomorrow will be completely WIFOM if we let Had live, and scum will play it up no doubt.

Tinsley- I'll get back to you on that, because if I just post who I find scummy without saying why (I have other games right now, so a reread will have to wait a bit) I'll get asked a bunch of questions and it might distract the town moreso.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Netlava »

Well, I think the standard procedure is to leave had alive and watch him closely.

@ CF Riot: Thanks for the response. What do you think of Charter's assumption?
Charter wrote:A good place to start vote blackberry because I didn't get a super kickass role.
Uh, not a good place to start.
Tinsley wrote:While I have some concerns about him (flip-flopping on charter's triple post and CF Riot's misleading statistic on him)
That's interesting, because CF Riot's misleading stat should reflect badly on CF Riot and not had.
Walnut wrote:And, based on post #83, I would almost expect Had to be mafia and CFRiot a townie he is setting up for a fall. Maybe he is trying to use it as an argument against Charter, but I am not convinced. I have to admit that nothing he says is entirely unreasonable, but the gut feeling is there at the moment.
Not sure what you mean here. But this post is odd because of the way you swing back and forth several times.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:06 am

Post by farside22 »

charter wrote: Don't lynch him today and if he lives through the night lynch him tomorrow. Of course the mafia could always not NK him, but I see that as much more unlikely than him actually being mafia (if he lives). Saying this, there's no point in lynching him today, as there are probably two others, so I'll go ahead and
Things like this bother me. It's like telling the scum hey if you don't kill this guy we will do it for you tomorrow. Also see setting up lynch's = bad.
FOS: Charter

Also can be misconstude to make had looking scummy tomorrow if he is alive. I don't know whether to believe hadh myself and his claim is really early, but leaving this out there like that just is scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:10 am

Post by CF Riot »

@ Batt, to me if you give a
reason
from someone's post for your vote, then the vote is not
random
. I voiced this in post 48. From the flow of things there, it looked like you made an opinion, Mac questioned it, then you quickly withdrew it and threw the blame to the vote being "random".
Battousai wrote:we should lynch somoene else and see what happens. Come D2 if Had is still alive he can tell us who he investigated and the result. Then we can decide on whether or not to lynch him or somoene else.
I agree, but what I would like to know, from anyone at all, is after Had reports how do we decide if that clears him or not?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:17 am

Post by farside22 »

CF Riot wrote:@ Batt, to me if you give a
reason
from someone's post for your vote, then the vote is not
random
. I voiced this in post 48. From the flow of things there, it looked like you made an opinion, Mac questioned it, then you quickly withdrew it and threw the blame to the vote being "random".
Battousai wrote:we should lynch somoene else and see what happens. Come D2 if Had is still alive he can tell us who he investigated and the result. Then we can decide on whether or not to lynch him or somoene else.
I agree, but what I would like to know, from anyone at all, is after Had reports how do we decide if that clears him or not?
Well with Charter's statement did was exactly this: Now it will be WIFOM. If Had is NK, If Had is scum, If, if, if. It's really too soon to say any of that and I think talking about it gives the scum ideas (if Had isn't scum) what to do about the situation. The worse part about Had's claim is he doesn't know if he is sane or not.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Tinsley »

Netlava wrote:That's interesting, because CF Riot's misleading stat should reflect badly on CF Riot and not had.
It would if CF Riot turned up scum. It would look like he was trying to convince everyone that Had isn't scum.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:18 am

Post by CF Riot »

@ Netlava, dammit sorry I knew there was something else you asked me. Honestly I pointed out that little conflict in his posts first, but it doesn't scream scum move to me. Just looks like he was trying really hard to find some flaw in what I did, and he got too caught up in it to notice he had done the same thing. I did it first and it was an honest assumption to make, so I'm not going to call Charter scum for doing it too. If Charter was scum, I think that would be a terrible way of trying to make me look suspicious.

And if we are letting Had live on the reasoning that he has claimed and could prove himself, why would we vote for BB who
also
claimed?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:20 am

Post by farside22 »

CF Riot wrote: And if we are letting Had live on the reasoning that he has claimed and could prove himself, why would we vote for BB who
also
claimed?
I wouldn't call what BB said a "claim" a kick ass role could mean anything.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Netlava »

Interesting sequence here...
CF Riot wrote:Doesn't look random to me. There you go being shifty again Batt.
CF Riot wrote:Battousai I'm also waiting for you to come in and clear your name.
Riot, it appears you are quite predisposed to thinking batt is scum, and quite eager to get him to talk. The amount of attention you give to batt for minor things is inordinate. What are you, Batt's partner in crime? :P
Tinsley wrote:It would if CF Riot turned up scum. It would look like he was trying to convince everyone that Had isn't scum.
Like anyone's going to get convinced by that :roll: It is a link, but since baddies benefit from pinning down townies to themselves, I would think that if CF Riot flipped scum, it would reflect better on had.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:33 am

Post by CF Riot »

We don't know exactly what his role is but that's still claiming
something
. I think that's actually a better way of doing it instead of telling exactly what he could do for the Mafia to plan around it.

@ Netlava: I'm confused, sarcasm or are you serious? What he did
was
shifty, and he didn't post anything to defend it for a long time after I pointed that out. I'm eager to get anyone to talk because D1's are the hardest day to get a read on anybody. More conversation = better scum hunting. I guess you could call that move minor, but I think the amount of attention I gave him for it is pretty minor too for as much as I tend to post. Look at how much attention I gave Charter last game when I felt he was scum. Batt is nowhere near that yet.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Netlava »

I think it's better if we save BB's role speculation for scum. I have an inkling what his role is, but I'm not going to reveal it.

@ CF Riot: Well, I don't see anything wrong with trying to get batt to talk, but the way you talk to him makes it seem as if you already know whether batt is scum. You are at the top of my list of suspicion atm, but for quite delicate reasons. Do you know what I'm referring to?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:43 am

Post by CF Riot »

o.0 Erm, no.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:27 am

Post by charter »

farside22 wrote:Well with Charter's statement did was exactly this: Now it will be WIFOM. If Had is NK, If Had is scum, If, if, if. It's really too soon to say any of that and I think talking about it gives the scum ideas (if Had isn't scum) what to do about the situation. The worse part about Had's claim is he doesn't know if he is sane or not.
Yes, it was all my fault. No one else possibly thought that, or was going to think that tomorrow. If I hadn't said anything, scum couldn't have thought of that and would still be in the dark. :roll:

I think you trying to pin this on me is scummy. What does everyone else think?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:33 am

Post by farside22 »

charter wrote:
farside22 wrote:Well with Charter's statement did was exactly this: Now it will be WIFOM. If Had is NK, If Had is scum, If, if, if. It's really too soon to say any of that and I think talking about it gives the scum ideas (if Had isn't scum) what to do about the situation. The worse part about Had's claim is he doesn't know if he is sane or not.
Yes, it was all my fault. No one else possibly thought that, or was going to think that tomorrow. If I hadn't said anything, scum couldn't have thought of that and would still be in the dark. :roll:

I think you trying to pin this on me is scummy. What does everyone else think?
You brought it up. Why? Do you really think the scum will be thinking in those terms?
You could have said lets not lynch Had and discuss finding tomorrow if he is alive like CFriot did. Instead you are saying "hey scum guess what I think Had is scummy and if you keep him alive I will lynch him tomorrow even though I don't know if he is scum or not, but him being alive is scummy." Yeah that is real smart.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Will be on V/LA from June 28 and back on July 1st
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'm inclined to agree with Farside on the latest Charter issue, I think he's too eager to set up a timeline of lynches, only scum do that day one, seriously.

Also, concerning had's claim, does no one think it's odd that he claimed so easily? I would have thought that a cop would have tried to avoid claiming. Also, can anyone tell me if it was 5 or 4 votes on him at the time? If it is 4 that just makes him seem to jumpy for my taste, and scumdar.

Also charter, how is pinning something you said on you scummy? You said something scummy and she called you out for it.

On top of that charter, random vote time is over. Stop supplying stupid reasons.

Sleep now, will make better post soon, got a plane trip tomorrow. >..<
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Mizzy »

farside22 wrote:
Will be on V/LA from June 28 and back on July 1st
Thanks for letting me know! <3
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:16 am

Post by farside22 »

@LG, Had claimed with 4 votes on him, but he thought he had 5. Quick claim without much of an explaination is scummy, is Had a newbie?
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Macavenger »

Why do you people have to go on massive posting frenzies when I'm at school and can't respond to them ><

Unvote
. Not interested in lynching a claimed cop.
Lord Gurgi wrote:Also, concerning had's claim, does no one think it's odd that he claimed so easily? I would have thought that a cop would have tried to avoid claiming. Also, can anyone tell me if it was 5 or 4 votes on him at the time? If it is 4 that just makes him seem to jumpy for my taste, and scumdar.
Disagree that the quick claim there is scummy. L-2 isn't a terribly unreasonable time to claim in a game this size, and he had made it up that high before the unvote. Also, last time I lynched someone in part for claiming at a weird time, it didn't go so well (see Mini 578, Day 1).
charter wrote:Don't lynch him today and if he lives through the night lynch him tomorrow. Of course the mafia could always not NK him, but I see that as much more unlikely than him actually being mafia (if he lives).
Sucks that I'm here so late I have to be the third to say it, but yeah this is really bad. You can't promise to lynch someone the next day unless they're NK'd, because scum will just never NK that person, and you're setting up a lynch.
Netlava wrote:Like anyone's going to get convinced by that Rolling Eyes It is a link, but since baddies benefit from pinning down townies to themselves, I would think that if CF Riot flipped scum, it would reflect better on had.
Better on Had? No. Scum have reasons to defend both townies and other scum, depending on the situation. "Defended by dead scum" is pretty much a null tell by itself.
Netlava wrote:@ CF Riot: Well, I don't see anything wrong with trying to get batt to talk, but the way you talk to him makes it seem as if you already know whether batt is scum. You are at the top of my list of suspicion atm, but for quite delicate reasons.
Explain, please.

Vote: charter
for now. I didn't think the early contradiction was worth voting on, but that combined with setting up the lynch and the weird vote on blackberry is worth looking at.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by CF Riot »

@ LG: I think Had's quick claim is
very
questionable, but I don't think there's anything we can do about it. A suspicious claim is a claim nonetheless, and being D1 with all of our people still alive, I think it's worth it to feel it out. That is
if
we can come up with a way to do it. My only problem with this is if Had claims a result tomorrow what do we compare it against? If it's all going to be WIFOM city, how do we deal with it?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”