.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Kison »

BREAKING NEWS: KISON IS
TOWN

Kison wrote:I've spent the past two days doing some rereading. This is hardly set in stone. I still owe this game seven more full rereads or so. Right now, this is my rundown :

1) Jitsu
- I fail to see the relevance of his argument against Shaft.ed, yet he seems convinced that his hammer/followup explanation is some scummy business. I agree with whoever(Billy Twilight?) said that he seems to be trying to change the subject from his backfiring shaft.ed case to a new subject. I'm drawing a bit of a blank on his Day One play aside from either arguing with Vollkan or bringing up a bunch of 'maybe this means this' and 'maybe this means that' statements, which didn't exactly seem helpful - felt like fence sitting to me.

2) Shafted
- His Jitsu vote from the previous day, as well as his OMGUS reaction to The Fonz going after him(I think The Fonz brought up several good points against this bucko). One thing to note, when Jitsu started going after Shafted for his comment about Oman trying to shift the wagon to Cicero, Shaft.ed again uses the explanation of trying to gauge Oman's reaction. I could make votes that I cannot follow up with a good explanation all day with a no-limit credit card, too.

(ok, ok, the last one is fake)

Vote: The Fonz

I'm running on fumes, here. I'm totally Town but I can't prove it. Cicero must've been naive. I don't think there's any way I can talk you into voting The Fonz, is there, Billy T?
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

Vote: Kison

:( Wanted to hammah
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

bah

Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Guardian »

Sorry for getting really busy near the end, I don't think it effected the game, I hope.

Kison, mafia goon, is lynched.

Game over. Town wins.

Discuss.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Oman »

Adel: Greatful dead:

WHAT THE FUCK!
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Adel »

I wanted to draw the nk N1.
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:28 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

I feel bad for scum in this game.... never seen a game swing quite that much before, and all because somehow we managed to only kill vanilla all the way up to night 2. Oman, did you have a night protection?
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Kison »

He had to have... We tried to kill Oman, suspecting he was the Vigilante, and he did not die. Since there were no protective or roleblocking roles, then I don't see what else could have resulted in that. Everything went wrong with the Oman/Shaft.ed kills.

Jitsu claiming vanilla was my fault. I recommended it and had totally forgotten about the cap we'd discussed the night before. Sorry about that.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Guardian »

Oman was NK immune AND roleblocked Kison when Kison tried to kill him.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Jitsu »

We pretty much nailed Oman and Cicero having power roles since Day 1. We were reluctant to kill Cicero, as he seemed likely to be protected, and well, Oman was totally on the wrong track about his suspicions (or at least pretended to be), so we decided to let him live for mislynch bait later on. Then we were down to alternate choices.

Oman killed Adel, and when Vollkan somehow got lynched instead of me (I still don't know how that happened), we went after Oman. The kill failed on Oman, and somehow Oman got Shaft.ed. The problem for us is that Shaft.ed told us he had investigation *and* NK immunity, our kill failed (Kison/Shanba performed all of them) on Oman, and then Shaft.ed somehow turned up dead the morning of D3. With four vanilla townies and our ace in the hole dead, we knew we were one massclaim away from losing. :(

Kison and I knew were totally hosed (and also thoroughly confused), but we weren't able to talk about it until it was too late. It seemed way too ridiculous for Oman to have investigation immunity, NK immunity, and also be able to get through Shaft.ed's NK immunity, so we figured Fonz had to have one of those roles. I figure that Oman probably had NK immunity, but I'm still wondering how the hell Shaft.ed died.

Knowing we had little power, we knew at least one of the power claims was false, and I figured it had to be Oman. Then Cicero wisely claimed as well and the masons followed suit. All of the claims were pretty believable, which left Kison and I little room to operate with respect to counterclaiming. I thought about claiming Doctor or RB, but I thought I would need Fonz's vote, and I was sure that the town would have believed Fonz over me. We killed Cicero N3, still worried about the Fonz blocking/protecting us, never guessing he was an ordinary vanilla.

I came up with the plan of trying to look like I was protecting the Fonz with a WIFOM trap before the end of D3. Then on D4, when Erg0 and Billy latched on to us and started talking like the game was over, I knew it was time to go big, or go home (in a pine box). I tried my darndest to get Fonz to stop and think about things (silly me, I actually thought I wasn't doing half bad at attacking the masons in a hopeless cause). If Fonz *had* been sitting on a power role, then discrediting the masons might have worked, as there would still have been two power roles left (him and Cicero). That is why I decided to try vanilla and not Doc/RB. But when Fonz turned out to be vanilla, all that work was for naught.

@Guardian: What was the setup? How did Shaft.ed die? Didn't he have NK immunity?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I honestly tried to approach the game like I did my other two, but to be honest, there wasn't a whole heck of a lot to analyze (nowhere near as much as in my first two games). There were not a lot of big points to talk to. I really was at a loss for what to do for a large part of the game. I can't believe that there were so few votes cast and that the town let the lynch go to deadline each of the first three days. The play was so ultra-conservative, it was frustrating.

The "exploit-gate" was not an actual slip. I use "exploit" to mean "to take advantage of a chance" all the time in real life. But the wording was awful, and Shaft.ed latched on to it, thinking it was a real slip.

The bad case on Shaft.ed started out legit, oddly enough. He didn't realize that he hammered, and he told us that. I saw the writing on the wall early on D2 that suspicion was turning to the two of us, so I decided to try to drive a wedge between us, but he didn't give me much of an opening as I had thought. When things started to go south on the case, I decided that if I was going to look scummy, then I should really mess it up good. I figured that if the case looked bad enough, then one of us would make the other look better when they flipped. It actually seemed to work... until the massclaim. I shamelessly bussed my partners from the beginning, but Shaft.ed never exposed enough of a front that I could do it well without piggybacking on Fonz's case.

Being scum was an insanely difficult thing for me to do -- I don't know whow you people do this!! It adds yet another layer of thinking to the game that already makes me think too much. With the all-star cast in this game, I was at a loss trying to figure out how I was going to fool people (especially several that knew my playstyle). Not having a scum meta probably saved me. I was totally freaking out the entire game, afraid I was going to make a blunder and cost us the game. I'm just pleased that I lasted as long as I did and had some people leaning the wrong way for a while. If it weren't for just about all of the vanillas dying early and getting outfoxed by the results of N2, we might of had a chance to pull it out. After nearly getting lynched D2 and the disastrous N2, then having some of the town swing back on my side, I thought we might have still had a chance for a bit there, then the massclaim ripped it to shreds. What a roller coaster that was.

Thanks to Guardian for modding the game, to my scumbuddies for fighting hard and helping me, and to all of the townies that made it a good game. It was certainly a challenge, and I did enjoy myself.

@Erg0: Your comment about "The Jitsu Effect" made me laugh. Can I put that in my Wiki? :)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Adel »

Jitsu wrote:The kill failed on Oman, and somehow Oman got Shaft.ed. The problem for us is that Shaft.ed told us he had investigation *and* NK immunity, our kill failed (Kison/Shanba performed all of them) on Oman, and then Shaft.ed somehow turned up dead the morning of D3. With four vanilla townies and our ace in the hole dead, we knew we were one massclaim away from losing. :(

Kison and I knew were totally hosed (and also thoroughly confused), but we weren't able to talk about it until it was too late. It seemed way too ridiculous for Oman to have investigation immunity, NK immunity, and also be able to get through Shaft.ed's NK immunity, so we figured Fonz had to have one of those roles. I figure that Oman probably had NK immunity, but I'm still wondering how the hell Shaft.ed died.

Knowing we had little power, we knew at least one of the power claims was false, and I figured it had to be Oman. Then Cicero wisely claimed as well and the masons followed suit. All of the claims were pretty believable, which left Kison and I little room to operate with respect to counterclaiming. I thought about claiming Doctor or RB, but I thought I would need Fonz's vote, and I was sure that the town would have believed Fonz over me. We killed Cicero N3, still worried about the Fonz blocking/protecting us, never guessing he was an ordinary vanilla.

I came up with the plan of trying to look like I was protecting the Fonz with a WIFOM trap before the end of D3. Then on D4, when Erg0 and Billy latched on to us and started talking like the game was over, I knew it was time to go big, or go home (in a pine box). I tried my darndest to get Fonz to stop and think about things (silly me, I actually thought I wasn't doing half bad at attacking the masons in a hopeless cause). If Fonz *had* been sitting on a power role, then discrediting the masons might have worked, as there would still have been two power roles left (him and Cicero). That is why I decided to try vanilla and not Doc/RB. But when Fonz turned out to be vanilla, all that work was for naught.
dude, that is rough. I don't see any real mistakes you guys made. Lucky for us the set-up got you.

I thought all of that ultra-conservative play would be disasterous for the town. Seeing how stingy people were being with thier votes, and how little they were posting, I'm kind of glad I died Night 1.

If you would've killed Erg0 or Billy night 1 I think you guys would've won. Pity.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Adel »

btw, Jitsu has 440 posts. Any suggestions for a title for him?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Yeah sorry for not reading my own role PM properly, that didn't help much. :oops: I though NK/investigation immune GF was overpowered.

I'm still amazed we weren't able to hit any power roles with how many townies we took out.

I really think my play in this game was pretty awful. It was my first time as GF and so I was playing to draw the cop investigation, which worked but I also drew the SK kill. I'm still amazed that I was able to get The Fonz to flip on his opinion of me from a meta (and mad I had to waste it), and also amazed I was able to get vollkan lynched so easily.

Also Jitsu, why not claim a power role? A cop and two masons is pretty strong, so it was unlikely The Fonz had one. In order for Erg0 and Billy to be lying that only left the town with one power role once Fonz claimed vanilla.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Also I think (myself at least) scum rested on a laurels too much and assumed we could push lurker lynches out to just coast through this thing until it blew up in our faces thanks to Oman's heroics for the town.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Can endgamers get invited to the Peanut Gallery thread, and can we open up the scum thread so I can see the crazed reaction to my death?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Adel »

shaft.ed wrote:hahaha I can't believe I do not how to read my own role PM. My whole team thinks I'm NK immune. :lol:
good times.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Adel »

I honestly didn't believe you when you posted that.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Why would I lie about that?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”