dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:Well at L-1 all I have is my claim as town. At least lynching me no power roles are revealed, which gives the scum nothing but guessing for the night.
I don't think I'm reaching. Please look at those who were on my wagon. I don't think my vote against dcorbe is wrong. I say look at him tomorrow.
I'd like you to do a better job of explaining why you're so convinced that I'm scummy based on meta conversation which everyone pretty much agrees has no relevance to the game.

If you are town and for the sake of your team mates, please either quote posts, talk about some of my actions.. something.. *anything* that could be useful to us at all. Either that or back off until you have a better case.

A lynch this early on D1 is more likely to have a bad result rather than a good one.

Votecount as of post 125

farside22 - 6 (Roflcopter, IcemanE, Mr. Blonde, Korts, Grimmy, dcorbe)
Rishi - 1 (Tekkactus)
dcorbe - 1 (farside22)
Grimmy - 1 (Celebloki)

Not Voting - 3 (Pokerface, Surye, Rishi)

7 to lynch
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by icemanE »

dcorbe wrote:
farside22 wrote:Well at L-1 all I have is my claim as town. At least lynching me no power roles are revealed, which gives the scum nothing but guessing for the night.
I don't think I'm reaching. Please look at those who were on my wagon. I don't think my vote against dcorbe is wrong. I say look at him tomorrow.
I'd like you to do a better job of explaining why you're so convinced that I'm scummy based on meta conversation which everyone pretty much agrees has no relevance to the game.

If you are town and for the sake of your team mates, please either quote posts, talk about some of my actions.. something.. *anything* that could be useful to us at all. Either that or back off until you have a better case.

A lynch this early on D1 is more likely to have a bad result rather than a good one.

Votecount as of post 125

Rishi - 1 (Tekkactus)
dcorbe - 1 (farside22)
Grimmy - 1 (Celebloki)

7 to lynch
dcorbe - What's suspicious about this post is that you recommend we not lynch this early and yet you don't withdraw your vote, which would take farside off of L-1.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:
dcorbe wrote:

Votecount as of post 125

Rishi - 1 (Tekkactus)
dcorbe - 1 (farside22)
Grimmy - 1 (Celebloki)

7 to lynch
dcorbe - What's suspicious about this post is that you recommend we not lynch this early and yet you don't withdraw your vote, which would take farside off of L-1.
The thread deserves a reread by the mod. Technically it looks like she was already hammered.

I voted (Lynch), then pokerface unvoted to put her at L-1

I thought she was at L-2, actually that's why I didn't remove my vote.

@Mod?
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by Qman »

The current votecount is correct:
(That being the one at the top of the page)

Dcorbe put Farside at L-1 on post #121
Pokerface unvoted on post #122.
This was an unvote of the vote in post #53 for Celebloki.

Farside never hit 7.

Carry on :)
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Post by Korts »

unvote

I'd take a look at rofl. I think that was a pretty convincing claim. What makes you so sure farside still should be today's lynch?

I'm going to do a PBPA of rofl as soon as I'm finished with Monday's exam.
scumchat never die
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:39 am

Post by icemanE »

Hmm... I initially glanced over this post, but look back at it I'm actually sort of inclined to believe it. Though scum often say something like "I'm just a townie so at least we aren't losing anyone important", the "look at the people on my wagon, especially dcorbe" part of the message sort of hits home. That last piece of the message would hold no water if farside turned up scum, and farside seems to sort of concede instead of getting overly defensive and fighting back. Her comments about the offtopic bar discussion and wide-reaching suspicions are still suspect, but, at least for the time being, I'm going to believe the claim.

unvote
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:45 am

Post by icemanE »

dcorbe wrote: The thread deserves a reread by the mod. Technically it looks like she was already hammered.

I voted (Lynch), then pokerface unvoted to put her at L-1

I thought she was at L-2, actually that's why I didn't remove my vote.

@Mod?
Even in this post, even after you realized she might be at L-1, even just to be safe in case she HADN'T been hammered yet (which she wasn't) you still neglect to remove your vote. It wouldn't bother me if you didn't make it a point to say "I don't think it's a good idea to lynch this early". Also, YOU would have been the one to hammer as you were the last person to put a vote on farside - how did you go from thinking she was at L-2 to thinking she was dead when nothing happened between your voting post and the next one?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:46 am

Post by roflcopter »

ok what? convincing? i think her fatalism is having exactly the effect she wanted on you guys.
Korts wrote:
unvote

I'd take a look at rofl. I think that was a pretty convincing claim. What makes you so sure farside still should be today's lynch?

I'm going to do a PBPA of rofl as soon as I'm finished with Monday's exam.
why me, in particular?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:48 am

Post by roflcopter »

its never too early to reach an honest majority and lynch somebody.

deadline lynches suck.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:48 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't like how defensive dcorbe gets at simple comments such as below.
dcorbe wrote:
Rishi wrote:The vote on dcorbe is not because he doesn't have an avatar (though that's not helping). It's his general attitude. He's really defensive and lashing out at people. Pretty much every post he's made has been pissy. This doesn't necessarily mean he's scum - more likely he's just a jerk. But, he seems a good person to pressure, because I think his reaction will be interesting.
My attitude? My posting history? Are you serious?

We're 4 pages into day 1 and I've barely posted at this point. The only post I've made so far that should be interpreted as pissy is my STFU of Suspicion on Grimmy, but it didn't seem to bother him as much as it bothers you and I even tried to excuse myself a few posts later (which you're either ignoring or haven't read yet).

I made a comment about his off topic conversation and he once again goes on the defensive rather quickly. There were votes against him, mine was in good fun, but I just felt with his response to a BW vote that usually goes no were day 1 (those who played larger games may have seen BW day one for crap and giggles) is used to weed out and look for scum sometimes. Rishi had his reason's and I note he seems to get pissy with his answer back.

You; sir, are pushing a wagon out of pure opportunism. I can at least understand all the random votes and the OMGUSing going on here, but you look like you're attempting to pick the ball up and build a case out of thin air.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:49 am

Post by roflcopter »

farside wrote:I don't like how defensive dcorbe gets at simple comments such as below.
how is "being defensive" a scum tell?
soi soi soi

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:51 am

Post by icemanE »

rofl wrote: ok what? convincing? i think her fatalism is having exactly the effect she wanted on you guys.
You might be right, but for the time being, I'll buy it. There's no deadline, no rush. I'm still keeping her in mind, but her concession doesn't feel like a scum concession, to me - I'd give a few examples but I'm only in ongoing games right now and Rishi would jump on me if I cited them :shock:
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Korts »

do you have any problem with me doing a PBPA on you, rofl? Because if you do, just say so and I'll skip to voting you.
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:03 am

Post by roflcopter »

Korts wrote:do you have any problem with me doing a PBPA on you, rofl? Because if you do, just say so and I'll skip to voting you.
no doing a pbpa is fine i am just interested in what in particular made you jump immediately to me from farside.
soi soi soi

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Korts »

roflcopter wrote:
Korts wrote:do you have any problem with me doing a PBPA on you, rofl? Because if you do, just say so and I'll skip to voting you.
no doing a pbpa is fine i am just interested in what in particular made you jump immediately to me from farside.
Your reaction to the claim. Of course, it was the obvious claim, and the safe claim for scum of either faction... Damn! Okay, I see where you're coming from now. Anyway, now that I have it scheduled, I'm doing the PBPA. I don't like your reaction to the proposition.
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:09 am

Post by roflcopter »

my reaction comes out of the fact that i don't see myself as an obvious choice to go to even if you are buying farside's claim.
soi soi soi

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:16 am

Post by farside22 »

roflcopter wrote:
farside wrote:I don't like how defensive dcorbe gets at simple comments such as below.
how is "being defensive" a scum tell?
Some of what I wrote didn't come through. He was defensive on a simple matter. It sounded pissy. There were 4 votes but not everyone was serious at the time and sometime BW help to find scum or get someone worked up that turns out to be scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:18 am

Post by Korts »

I've reconsidered regarding farside's claim. But the choice was because you were the first to pounce on farside's claim. Now I realize that this was a bad reason, but your reaction to my proposition telling enough for me to do that PBPA.
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:25 am

Post by roflcopter »

farside wrote:Some of what I wrote didn't come through. He was defensive on a simple matter. It sounded pissy. There were 4 votes but not everyone was serious at the time and
sometime BW help to find scum
or get someone worked up that turns out to be scum.
i agree, the dcorbe bandwagon led me to you.

@korts: pbpa to your hearts content. i don't mind scrutiny, but there's not going to be much to see. if you really thought farside was a bad bandwagon, i'd expect you to look at the people who jumped on without their own reasons.
soi soi soi

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:27 am

Post by Korts »

[irony]You can't expect me to look at myself, seriously. [/irony]

Anyway, I'm also PBPA'ing you because if you're scum, you're seriously gonna mislead the town.
scumchat never die
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:34 am

Post by dcorbe »

farside22 wrote:I don't like how defensive dcorbe gets at simple comments such as below.
dcorbe wrote:
Rishi wrote:The vote on dcorbe is not because he doesn't have an avatar (though that's not helping). It's his general attitude. He's really defensive and lashing out at people. Pretty much every post he's made has been pissy. This doesn't necessarily mean he's scum - more likely he's just a jerk. But, he seems a good person to pressure, because I think his reaction will be interesting.
My attitude? My posting history? Are you serious?

We're 4 pages into day 1 and I've barely posted at this point. The only post I've made so far that should be interpreted as pissy is my STFU of Suspicion on Grimmy, but it didn't seem to bother him as much as it bothers you and I even tried to excuse myself a few posts later (which you're either ignoring or haven't read yet).

I made a comment about his off topic conversation and he once again goes on the defensive rather quickly. There were votes against him, mine was in good fun, but I just felt with his response to a BW vote that usually goes no were day 1 (those who played larger games may have seen BW day one for crap and giggles) is used to weed out and look for scum sometimes. Rishi had his reason's and I note he seems to get pissy with his answer back.

You; sir, are pushing a wagon out of pure opportunism. I can at least understand all the random votes and the OMGUSing going on here, but you look like you're attempting to pick the ball up and build a case out of thin air.
You're still reaching. At one point in time you liked this. You went as far as to say I had a good point and now you're going back on your word. Which is it? Either I'm contributing usefully or I'm not. It can't be one or the other when it suits your whims.

You seem to have a personal problem with me and it's effecting your judgement.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:55 am

Post by icemanE »

dcorbe - see my question in post 131.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:03 am

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:dcorbe - see my question in post 131.
The response to your question is my vote count in my notes was off from Post 100. I apparently haven't been able to do simple math all weekend long, and to make matters worse I was off in the other direction after I reread the thread.

I'd make a horrible mod, but it's not a scum tell ;)
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Tekkactus »

Damn, do I really only have one post so far this game? That wasn't intentional.

My original vote on Rishi was random, but I'm switching it over to nonrandom now that I've been reading a bit. He continually appears to be sowing misdirection; first towards dcorb's lack of avatar and then again for the SD bar meetup conversation.
Rishi wrote:
dcorbe wrote:Not having an avatar is a scum tell now?

I guess all the newbies here are in bad shape then!

@Mr. Blonde: curious why me not voting deserves scrutiny.
Actually, I play in a lot of newbie games as an IC. I'd say that 90% of them will get an avatar if asked.

Unvote, Vote: dcorbe
These two posts are polar opposites in terms of reasoning. If the vote in the first post was for the reasons in the second, why not put them in the original?
Rishi wrote:
farside22 wrote:I'm just putting my thoughts down. Derailing a conversation is bad. Saying hey we should hook up for drinks looks like buddying up.
Is real-life buddying up the same as in-game buddying up?

Now, just supposed one of them offers to buy all the drinks and then says, "Hey, I know we're not supposed to discuss the game outside of the thread. But you're a really good player. I respect that. By the way, I'm town in that game."

Then I'd be skeptical.

At least we know they're probably not scumbuddies. You'd think they'd try to arrange a meeting during their PMs in that case.
He then starts this conversation off, which, although it appears to defend Surye and Celebloki, pushes the conversation completely off track for the rest of the page, when the roots of actual discussion were starting.

------
I'd also take a second look at everyone on the farside wagon. One post that's at best semi-suspicious doesn't not an L1 make.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:14 am

Post by icemanE »

dcorbe - you're still on the farside wagon - do you still favor a farside lynch?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”