Tutsi Citizen
, beaten by a mob Day 5
pickemgenius -
Hutu Citizen
, beaten by a mob Day 6
Natirasha -
Tutsi Citizen
, brutally murdered Night 6
Last edited by ShadowLurker on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:25 am, edited 19 times in total.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 10:31 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Da Rules

Rules of Conduct

01. Use common sense. This means no excessive flaming or anything prohibited on these forums.
02. You may not communicate outside of this thread unless your role PM says otherwise. If you can communicate outside of this thread, you may ONLY communicate during the Night.
03. Do not use invisible text, extremely small text, color=black, or any other methods of concealing text. Feel free to make up codes to post in thread but be careful as it's possible for anyone to crack them.
04. Players who have not posted in five days will be automatically prodded. A person will be replaced if a prod is not picked up in 48 hours.
05. Please bold all votes such as
Vote: ShadowLurker
. Even if I see an unbolded vote, I will NOT count it. Unvotes are not required.
06. Discussion may occur in twilight. Twilight ends when I post the lynch scene.
07. Once you are dead, you are dead. A "bah" post is acceptable but please make sure you do not reveal ANY information that may be relevant to the game.
08. If you do not wish to use a night choice, please submit "none." Nights will usually last 72 hours unless a request for an extension is PMed. If I do not receive a night choice, I will assume no action.
09. All questions about your role, or questions/comments related to my decisions should be directed to PM and not in-thread. If I think the answer should be made public knowledge, I will post the question and answer.
10. At deadline, there will be no lynch unless a majority has been reached. Deadlines will be imposed when I feel discussion has been slacking but feel free to request a deadline as well as deadline extensions.

Technical Rules

01. Each day, the Town has an option of lynching a person. This requires a majority of votes on that person to occur. The town may decide to lynch nobody. A day will be as long as required for a deadline to hit or consensus to be reached.
02. Voting occurs by a simple
Vote: Player
and to unvote, just write
Unvote
. When shifting a vote from one player to another, an unvote will not be required for this game. Unbolded votes will not be counted. To vote for a no lynch, just type
Vote: No Lynch
. No Lynch requires half of the town to vote no lynch meaning if there are 6 alive, 3 votes are required to not lynch.
03. Deadlines may be imposed if the game is lagging. There will be no lynch if a deadline hits and a majority has not been reached. These may be extended, retracted, pushed forward, etc. depending on activity and player requests.
04. Nights will always be a minimum of 3 days unless all choices are in. If I have not received a choice by the time night ends, I will assume you are choosing not to use your action. Prods may or may not be sent out during night.
05. Please check the game every 72 hours. If you will be away for a period of time longer than 72 hours, please let me know. Prods may be requested on anyone who has not posted within 24 hours and people who have not posted within a week will be autoprodded. I will try to make a vote count every page and vote counts may be requested.
Last edited by ShadowLurker on Sat May 17, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 10:36 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Setup

This game is an Open Setup. This means that all the Roles in the game will be revealed, but who has what role will not be revealed.

Rwandan Patriotic Front Leader

There will be 1 of this role.
Rwandan Patriotic Front Leader Role PM wrote:You are the a Tutsi, the Leader of the Rwandan Patriotic Front. You have two one shot actions. You may send your troops in to kill someone, but you may not do this more than once a game as it would be too dangerous for your troops. You also may pick someone to disrupt any radio signals they send or receive once a game, disrupting the rallying of troops if they are the Leader of a local military branch or stopping the reception of the identity of a Tutsi if they are a Hutu Citizen receiving a message, or preventing a kill if they are a General ordering a kill that night. You win when the Hutu are all dead.
Tutsi Citizen

There will be 3 of this role.
Tutsi Citizen Role PM wrote:You are a Tutsi Citizen. You are in hiding, as to escape this genocide. You are in hiding with <name> and <name>, and you are sure that they are both Tutsi. You may talk with them at night to discuss the ongoings of the Genocide. As you are in hiding, you may do nothing but hopefully use your influence to kill the Hutu before they kill you. You win when all the Hutu are dead.
UNAMIR Soldier

UNAMIR Soldier Role PM wrote:You are white, a UNAMIR Soldier. You only care about your life, and could care less about how many Hutu or Tutsi are slaughtered. You win if you are alive when one side completely wipes out another.
General

General Role PM wrote:You are a Hutu, General Augustin Bizimungu, a general in the Rwandan Armed Forces. Your influence reaches far and wide and once in the game at night, you may send your troops to kill a person of your choosing. You win when the Tutsi have been completely exterminated.
Interahamwe Leader

Interahamwe Leader Role PM wrote:You are a Hutu, the Leader of the Interahamwe, the military branch of the MRND political party. You may rally your troops twice in the game at night. If the Interahamwe and Impuzamugambi both rally the same night, then an identity of a Tutsi will be revealed to a Hutu at random. If all Hutu are dead this power will not work. You win when all the Tutsi cockroaches are dead.
Impuzamugambi Leader

Impuzamugambi Leader Role PM wrote:You are a Hutu, the Leader of the Impuzamugambi, the military branch of the MRND political party. You may rally your troops twice in the game at night. If the Interahamwe and Impuzamugambi both rally the same night, then an identity of a Tutsi will be revealed to a Hutu at random. If all Hutu are dead this power will not work. You win when all the Tutsi cockroaches are dead.
Hutu Citizen

There will be 4 of this role.
Hutu Citizen Role PM wrote:You are a Hutu Citizen. You want to exterminate those evil Tutsi. However, you are a one-man army and have nothing but your keen perception to guide you in this regard. You win when the Tutsi have been exterminated.
Last edited by ShadowLurker on Sat May 17, 2008 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 10:51 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

The date is April 6. Barely six months have passed since the end of three years of Civil War. The Tutsi under the Rwandan Patriotic Front had invaded Rwanda and fought with the current government. In the end, they agreed to share power. However, the Tutsi are never satisfied. Militias have been attacking each other during this entire time of "peace." The Tutsi are the minority yet always seem to want more power than they deserve.

Everyone is at a local neighbors' house listening to the radio. Tutsi are with Tutsi; Hutu are with Hutu. Suddenly, an urgent broadcast comes on. President Juvénal Habyarimana has been assassinated! His plane was shot down while landing. The broadcaster says it was the work of the Tutsi. You hear a call to arms. The Tutsi problem must be solved forever. Screams are heard nearby. The Rwandan Genocide has begun.

With 12 alive, it is 7 to kill.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 10:55 am

Post by pickemgenius »

VOTE: Xanatos Roulette

Roulette sucks ass.

Also he's evil.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 10:55 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Also I'm going to have limited access starting tomorrow for a week.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 11:04 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

Vote: PBug

Bugs are icky.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 11:37 am

Post by dahill1 »

Original Roll String: 1d12
1 12-Sided Dice: (5) = 5
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 11:38 am

Post by dahill1 »

Vote Voodo

armlx, seriously stop being in all of my games
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by roffman »

vote: SleepyPanda
i like panda meat
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by TBuG »

SHAMELESS BANDWAGON!
Vote: SleepyPanda
for misinterpreting my username.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by TDC »

Vote: Voodo
for missing an o.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vote: Natirasha
, because he is the only safe choice to be scum.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
Xanatos Roulette
Xanatos Roulette
Townie
Xanatos Roulette
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Xanatos Roulette »

Natirasha wrote:
Should we take that as a confession?

Vote Natirasha
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by roffman »

quick question, when ppl say scum in this game, who exactly are we referring to? i mean the 2 ppl with possible nightkills don't know who else is on their side, the people who know each other have no abilities, and the survivor just wants to survive.

I really don't think the standard monikers of scum or town really apply to this game and i personally think a whole new attitude beyond the reliance on power roles or NK's for information is going to be needed.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Xanatos Roulette wrote:
Natirasha wrote:
Should we take that as a confession?

Vote Natirasha
You obviously don't know my meta.
Natirasha's Meta wrote:1. He always votes himself day one, even on the hammer.
2. He always lurks day two.
3. His play is always anti town.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by armlx »

Sorry Jathan, your set up is broken beyond belief.

No lynch 2x then mass claim of citizen/not citizen. Both nights troops are rallied and 2 Tutsi are revealed. Mass claim leaves us with 2 unfound Tutsi, based on numbers we proceed from there.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

vote chaotic_diablo
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by armlx »

Vote no lynch

More discussion of my plan is needed.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by dahill1 »

armlx wrote:Sorry Jathan, your set up is broken beyond belief.

No lynch 2x then mass claim of citizen/not citizen. Both nights troops are rallied and 2 Tutsi are revealed. Mass claim leaves us with 2 unfound Tutsi, based on numbers we proceed from there.
but what about if one of the leaders is killed?
also, doesn't the Tutsi Leader have a 1 shot disruption (IE will be able to stop a Tutsi from being revealed to a Hutu)?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by dahill1 »

roffman wrote:quick question, when ppl say scum in this game, who exactly are we referring to? i mean the 2 ppl with possible nightkills don't know who else is on their side, the people who know each other have no abilities, and the survivor just wants to survive.

I really don't think the standard monikers of scum or town really apply to this game and i personally think a whole new attitude beyond the reliance on power roles or NK's for information is going to be needed.
i'm pretty sure it's: Hutu=town, Tutsi=scum, UNAMIR=survivor
this is mainly because the vanilla townie in this setup seems to be the Hutu Citizen. also, the Hutu outnumber the Tutsi and don't know each other (uninformed majority). while the Tutsi are small and know each other (informed minority).
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by armlx »

dahill1 wrote:

also, doesn't the Tutsi Leader have a 1 shot disruption (IE will be able to stop a Tutsi from being revealed to a Hutu)?
This is why we claim AFTER 2 nights of rallying. The Leader is shooting in the dark.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by roffman »

but if they hit, we're screwed. Especially if they take out one of the ralliers night 1.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by dahill1 »

armlx wrote:
dahill1 wrote:

This is why we claim AFTER 2 nights of rallying. The Leader is shooting in the dark.
but so are the ralliers
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by roffman »

the ralliers don't have to shoot. they just both decide to activate their abilities, and if they both do it, someone gets informed
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”