Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 1:27 am

Post by Patrick »

Ether wrote:Meh. I still don't feel comfortable,
Try to relax. This is a place of leisure.
Ether wrote:considering you said that before the vanilla PM was common knowledge.
I'm not sure whether this makes a difference. If he's scum and wanted to know what the vanilla flavour is, he could have asked OGML in private as you did. I have to say my intepretation was more than it was just banter rather than any kind of sneaky fishing, although I don't find the questioning unreasonable.

Glork, if you knew what Ether was getting at, why did you make post 32, in which you seem to suggest that Ether is just playing word games (the difference between "random" and "arbitrary").
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 1:51 am

Post by Glork »

Er, something got lost in translation. I "got what Ether was getting at" as of Post 40, when whe posed the rhetorical question in Post 39. Beforehand, I thought it was an "arbitrary/random" thing. I hadn't even realized that the first post never contained the Vanilla PM until Ether mentioned having requested that OGML post it. Naturally, I don't expect anybody to take this assertion at face value, but meh.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 4:48 am

Post by hasdgfas »

While I see what Ether was getting at, it's really reaching and gets a
FoS
from me.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Mizzy »

I don't see what Ether was getting at. O.o
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Glork »

Why an FoS, hasdgfas? I've taken Ether's behavior so far as a slight protown sign...
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:02 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Glork wrote:Why an FoS, hasdgfas? I've taken Ether's behavior so far as a slight protown sign...
I found her reasoning to be really, really stupid, in all honesty. She voted you, saying that it "wasn't random" simply because you said you were, what was it, the hottest dancing girl in the club? That's a very light reason to be voting someone before most of us know anything.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Patrick »

Well it was pretty light, but so are most reasons at the start of a game. I don't see how it was "really really stupid". Why do you think her behaviour would be more likely to come from scum than town?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:17 am

Post by hasdgfas »

It felt, to me, like accusing just to accuse, which always is iffy in my book. But like I said, that's my opinion. It just feels off to me.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Incognito »

hasdgfas wrote:
Glork wrote:Why an FoS, hasdgfas? I've taken Ether's behavior so far as a slight protown sign...
I found her reasoning to be really, really stupid, in all honesty. She voted you, saying that it "wasn't random" simply because you said you were, what was it, the hottest dancing girl in the club? That's a very light reason to be voting someone before most of us know anything.
Does it bother you that I, too, mentioned that my vote on someone wasn't random?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Glork »

Point: Incognito.

Hascow? Response?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Erg0 »

My vote wasn't particularly random either, nor MafiaSSK's for that matter (at least I didn't think so).
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Cool beans OGML
Mizzy wrote:I don't see what Ether was getting at. O.o
Yay I was confused a bit too. I barely manage to see any validity in Ether's comments about Glork.

I'll comment more on other peoples votes and stuff late wednesday or thursday if i am not too busy.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Incognito wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
Does it bother you that I, too, mentioned that my vote on someone wasn't random?
Was it arbitrary? Were you just looking for a reason to vote someone in the "random phase"?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Incognito »

hasdgfas wrote:Was it arbitrary? Were you just looking for a reason to vote someone in the "random phase"?
No, it wasn't arbitrary. I usually try and put at least a decent amount of thought into initial votes even if they don't have as much basis as votes that I place further down the line within a game. I usually try to choose people whom I think would make good springboards for discussion. Erg0 made a comment about my avatar which was probably just friendly conversation but if he was actually buddying up, he might have reacted differently after I made the comment. Also, Erg0 and I have played in a game recently where he was town and was wagoned early on so I wanted to see if his reaction here was comparable to his reaction in that game.

Either way, I questioned you about it because both Ether and I chose to mention that our votes weren't random but you chose to single her out for her non-random vote with an FoS and even went as far to call her reasoning "really, really stupid" but mentioned nothing about mine.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 10:24 am

Post by scotmany12 »

I don't really see how Glork's post was him fishing ether. Really just looks like harmless banter to me.

I don't really get hasdgfasdasdfasgdfasgdfasgdfasgd's fos on ether though. What she was doing doesn't really come off as a scum tell to me.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 10:43 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Incognito wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:Was it arbitrary? Were you just looking for a reason to vote someone in the "random phase"?
No, it wasn't arbitrary. I usually try and put at least a decent amount of thought into initial votes even if they don't have as much basis as votes that I place further down the line within a game. I usually try to choose people whom I think would make good springboards for discussion. Erg0 made a comment about my avatar which was probably just friendly conversation but if he was actually buddying up, he might have reacted differently after I made the comment. Also, Erg0 and I have played in a game recently where he was town and was wagoned early on so I wanted to see if his reaction here was comparable to his reaction in that game.

Either way, I questioned you about it because both Ether and I chose to mention that our votes weren't random but you chose to single her out for her non-random vote with an FoS and even went as far to call her reasoning "really, really stupid" but mentioned nothing about mine.
Yours seemed to be more arbitrary than hers, just based on what I've seen from the "random phase" before. Plus, there was more discussion about ether's non-random vote than yours, so I figured it was just a half-joking reason behind an arbitrary vote. Ether's didn't especially due to the fact that she said more people should be voting Glork. Let me show you what I mean:

You and your vote:
Incognito wrote:
Vote: Erg0
for buddying up.

IGMEOY: Patrick and Ether
for 42%.
Incognito wrote:My votes are never random.
That's a very common "random vote phase" action, so it seemed like a normal somewhat arbitrary vote.

Now, Ether's:
Ether wrote:
Vote: Glork
for fishing.
Ether wrote:My vote wasn't random.

Just saying.
Ether wrote:Oh.

...well you should vote Glork anyway.
The first two were understandable, because my votes are never "random" either, at least, according to my definition of random. Now, when she adds the "you should vote Glork anyway" it takes on a whole different meaning to me. In a day start with no possible info, a vote in the first page of voting rarely has good reasoning behind it at all, and when people try to actually use their reasoning behind their first vote as enough reasoning to get others to vote, it seems wrong to me. I didn't see anything that was deserving of a bandwagon in that, but Ether is trying to create one. While we do need a start to the game, and this is a good one, I think Ether was trying too hard. Maybe an IGMEOY was a better choice than a FoS, but the point still stands. I found her to have much more conviction behind her vote than is usually found in the first vote of Day 1.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Glork »

Yes, hascow, because nobody has ever badgered anybody else into voting somebody. :roll:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I can see the point that hasdgfas is making here - Incog's vote, although not random, was evidently not based on solid evidence of scumminess (nor was mine or MafiaSSK's, for that matter). Ether, on the other hand, seemed to be intimating that she had flavour-based information which led her to be genuinely suspicious of Glork's early comment.

hasdgfas' FoS on Ether probably was too strong, but I don't really see it as scummy.
Glork wrote:Yes, hascow, because nobody has ever badgered anybody else into voting somebody. :roll:
This could equally be applied to early FoSes on weak evidence - they're not exactly uncommon. I'm not particularly fond of the way that you're goading hasdgfas and Incog on from the sidelines.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by Patrick »

Just so everyone knows... my vote wasn't random either :p My feeling about hasdgfas is that whilst I still don't agree with the FoS, his explanation seems fine. I don't see any inconsistency worth pursuing; I thought there were clearly different vibes between Ether's vote and Incognito's vote.

Glork, did you find hasdgfgs's explanation satisfactory?
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Mizzy »

My vote, while not strictly random in the definition sense, was random in the "Imma stick a vote on you 'cause I can, and it doesn't mean squat." <3
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Glork »

Patrick wrote:Glork, did you find hasdgfgs's explanation satisfactory?
Not especially. Why?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Patrick »

Like I said, I don't see any inconsistency between his treatment of Ether and Incognito, and I wanted to know what you thought about it. Had you said yes, I'd have probably questioned why you responded in the way you did, which seemed a bit like fuel to the fire.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by Ether »

I was thinking more along the lines of "dancers react differently from nondancers."

I don't find Hasdgfas scummy. Erg0's 61 bugs me--it reads like he were going along with the double-standard questioning Incognito and Glork started without really saying anything. I do approve of his conclusions in 68.

As some of you know, I can't get onto 'Scum from school. But I can access e-mail and AIM. But all of my usual rantbuddies are also playing. I like being up to date, and I have permission to get copy-pasted updates from anyone who'll give them,
as OGML will confirm.
So if I'm on throughout weekday mornings, send me what you can. Obviously I won't react out loud, but it'll be appreciated.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

rolandgarros, MafiaSSK and Tarhalindur have been prodded.

Ether wrote:As some of you know, I can't get onto 'Scum from school. But I can access e-mail and AIM. But all of my usual rantbuddies are also playing. I like being up to date, and I have permission to get copy-pasted updates from anyone who'll give them,
as OGML will confirm
. So if I'm on throughout weekday mornings, send me what you can. Obviously I won't react out loud, but it'll be appreciated.
She speaks the truth.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”