PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Man Jester, some of your earlier posts in general seem to convey you are greatly concerned about how townie you look.
dahill1 wrote:
ZombieSlayer54 wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:
unvote vote zombieslayer

Policy Quicklynch. JD?
Behold. The one time that I will NOT get angry at FlameAxe or JDodge for quicklynching/bandwagoning me.

I should savour this moment.

Ok, Dahill, why are you attacking someone for VOTING you? The point of this game is to GET voted.
people were accusing me of being scummy
i can understand if TVOD was random voting me, but why would you vote for the person who is apparently scummy? if i were him, my vote wouldn't go on me at this moment in the game
And this looks funny somehow cause it looks like you are saying you consider yourself looking scummy at the moment, and that you wouldn't vote yourself. Kinda sounds like you are saying you think you are scum.

Just because someone does that does NOT mean they are scummy.

Anti-HOS on dahill1.
Anti-HOS? Somehow that confuses me since HOS means Hand or suspicion. So you point your hand with suspicion at him or not? I think it will be easier for me to FOS or HOS those who I find to be scum and vote those I find to be town. That seems less confusing to me. And for the moment my vote is staying on ninja because this here is some good logic.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:DG: No, not really. I mean, you didn't even try to make an argument, so I just sort of skimmed right over it.

In other news, I have a proposition: No one self-vote, because that makes it harder to get a consensus/come to a lynch, and we treat L-2 as L-1, because its in everyone's interest to self-hammer anyway.
Self hammering is a powerful tool in this setup. If you know you are town and are at L-1 it is actually a good move as long as there is nothing else to be said Especially in lylo (or rather ly-win: lynch scum or 'win' in this game). One of the wonders of this setup is it does not allow for both mafiso's to force a 2 vote speedlynch win. They both have to be lynched, not just one of them. If we can find just one scum and keep that one alive, the town will win. We don't have to find both, but still we should find both so that we can win faster and better.
Nocmen wrote:I think a strategy we can do here is to just go and randomly lynch someone for today. We have a 11/13 shot at taking out a townie, why not just go for it?
Nocmen's plan here is sound. Odds are definatly in our favor of finding and lynching town. BUT if we find and lynch one of the mob quickly, we may loose info that could otherwise allow us to link together and find the two scum together. So statisically, yes that is a brilliant idea but in the long run it can't be used forever especially if we mess up and lynch one of them. If one of the scum is lynched the strategy falls apart and only the dead mafiso's alignment or voting habbits could point us to the other scum. I think discussion may be more useful in the long run so that we have more than just those 2 ways to find the scum.

It takes the scum at least 2 days and 1 night to win (2 scum and 1 town dead). It takes the town at least 5days and 4 nights to win (9 dead townies; 2 mafia and 2 town alive) We will need some longer strategy to get through 5 days.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by The Jester »

I'd definitely touch Pokerface with the Hong-Kong Bamboo pole.

Vote Pokerface for the win!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

That does it.

LAUP!

(Lynch All useful Players!)

vote: Pokerface
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by The Jester »

I'm glad you saw it too.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by dahill1 »

PokerFace wrote:And this looks funny somehow cause it looks like you are saying you consider yourself looking scummy at the moment, and that you wouldn't vote yourself. Kinda sounds like you are saying you think you are scum.
i knew that would come out weird, but i'm saying that even though i know i'm town, if i were in his shoes i could seem scummy
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Anti-vote Dahill1.

I.E. Do not expect me to vote for you unless extremely good evidence comes up that you are a townie.

PokerFace: I am using "anti-FOS/HOS" because, in this game, we are trying to lynch TOWNIES, not Mafia. Normally, I would put an HOS on someone I intend to lynch. However, since I do NOT intend to lynch dahill1, I am putting an ANTI-HOS on him.

Yeah, it makes no sense to me, either, now that I think about it.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

I will be
LoA
for a couple of days.
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:37 pm

Post by Nocmen »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Anti-vote Dahill1.

I.E. Do not expect me to vote for you unless extremely good evidence comes up that you are a townie.

PokerFace: I am using "anti-FOS/HOS" because, in this game, we are trying to lynch TOWNIES, not Mafia. Normally, I would put an HOS on someone I intend to lynch. However, since I do NOT intend to lynch dahill1, I am putting an ANTI-HOS on him.

Yeah, it makes no sense to me, either, now that I think about it.
That's why I was somewhat confused. Why not just FoS him like normal, but not vote him?
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:31 am

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Been away for a couple of days and I see all sorts of amusing/interesting things.
I also note my first vote has drawn a lot of attention and some wierd comments from dahill. Now let me say that I was under the impression that I would be able to get away with one random vote. I took this oppertunity and used it to call a pressumably experienced player a clueless newb. Sometimes my humour miss the mark but instead draws interesting reactions. So
unvote

Now my thoughts before the game had me presumming that on day one we would be more trying to find town to lynch than trying to find scum not to lynch, Again I seem to have been slightly off with this. But I still feel it is of far better benefit to focus on town to lynch as the priority early on. Putting too many players in the pool of I think them scum dont vote for them will only benefit scum by giving them targets to keep around to hide behind.
So at this stage I do not wish to share my scum reads/thoughts about certain people unless absolutely necessary. But my town reads I am more than happy to share:
Nocmen
TheSweatpantsNinja
PokerFace
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:30 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Unvote, vote PokerFace

LAHP!
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Nocmen »

Original Roll String: 1d13
1 13-Sided Dice: (8) = 8
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Nocmen »

Vote:TheSweatpantsNinja
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Ok, do NOT lynch helpful players, people. It may seem that they are town, but...

1. They may be Mafia being as helpful as possible to seem town.

2. If they ARE actually helpful town, why lynch them now? They should be the last ones to be lynched, so that they can help is through the game.

Unless we can talk after we are dead, of course.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by The Jester »

Zombie understands, listen to him.

On a side-note: Random voting is stupid. Just because rolling dice is not, does not mean putting the two together will help you. Besides, that's a silly way to win-gambling-the nerve.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by dahill1 »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Ok, do NOT lynch helpful players, people. It may seem that they are town, but...

1. They may be Mafia being as helpful as possible to seem town.

2. If they ARE actually helpful town, why lynch them now? They should be the last ones to be lynched, so that they can help is through the game.

Unless we can talk after we are dead, of course.
i can understand this, but how should we decide who to lynch then?
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

My only issue with this is that then there is no incentive for town to be helpful.
And mass incentive for everyone to appear "clueless" and I am not much for a game played in that manner. Alas I see already a few players playing the "I am clueless newb" stratergy.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Simenon »

Vote Count

PokerFace (3)- The Jester, Dripping Goofball, TheSweatPantsN.
The Jester (2)- ashmite84, dahill1
TheSweatPantsNinja (2)- PokerFace, Nocmen
Flameaxe (1)- Flameaxe

Sorry for my absence. I'll update the thread tomorrow.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:02 pm

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:So at this stage I do not wish to share my scum reads/thoughts about certain people unless absolutely necessary. But my town reads I am more than happy to share:
Nocmen
TheSweatpantsNinja
PokerFace
You may be right, all these players mush be lynched. That's why I'm voting PokerFace.

PokerFace, do you have anything to say to encourage us to lynch you?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by The Jester »

Except for Nocmen, and the Ninja, they're mafia.

But I agree Pokerface from post 1 of this game said, PF should be lynched first.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by dahill1 »

unvote
because there are starting to look like better lynch candidates then the jester
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:15 pm

dahill1 wrote:
unvote
because there are starting to look like better lynch candidates then the jester
Really? I think his last post could be construed as useful, and I'm not sure I like it.

Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Nocmen »

The Jester wrote:Zombie understands, listen to him.

On a side-note: Random voting is stupid. Just because rolling dice is not, does not mean putting the two together will help you. Besides, that's a silly way to win-gambling-the nerve.
But aren't the odds well in the town's favor for the first day or two?
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Nocmen, 2/11 are NOT good odds, as far as I am concerned.

Also: I seriously need to find a way to automatically switch between regular Mafia and Loser Mafia mindsets easily. 'Cause I keep thinking that I WANT to vote certain people, but then I realize that means that I do NOT want to vote them.

Screws up my thinking.

Anyways...

Anti-FOS on Nocmen. You just seem a tad... Strange.

Anti-FOS on The Jester, still. Your flattery shall get you nowhere!

And Dahill, Vampire: There IS a way to be helpful without looking like Mafia. The Jester seemed overly eager to help out the town. Simply point out where you see Mafia-esque actions, instead of voraciously hunting down any and all Mafia, and you will seem more Townie than Mafia.

With that said:

Votes FlameAxe

No way he can be Mafia this often. He HAS to be Townie this game.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by The Jester »

Oh yeah, that's how they get you. "Oh sir, it's in your favor to win!"

Crap, dealer got 21, there goes $100.....but it was in my favor.

Random-lynching is silly because it's gambling and gambling is bad bad bad. This coming from a guy who is hailed for being "jewish" for being good with money. ;)

If we get one mafia, we instantly get into, lynch the other and lose. Which is incredibly bad.

DGB, you're so nice. :P
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Nocmen, 2/11 are NOT good odds, as far as I am concerned.

Also: I seriously need to find a way to automatically switch between regular Mafia and Loser Mafia mindsets easily. 'Cause I keep thinking that I WANT to vote certain people, but then I realize that means that I do NOT want to vote them.

Screws up my thinking.

Anyways...

Anti-FOS on Nocmen. You just seem a tad... Strange.

Anti-FOS on The Jester, still. Your flattery shall get you nowhere!

And Dahill, Vampire: There IS a way to be helpful without looking like Mafia. The Jester seemed overly eager to help out the town. Simply point out where you see Mafia-esque actions, instead of voraciously hunting down any and all Mafia, and you will seem more Townie than Mafia.

With that said:

Votes FlameAxe

No way he can be Mafia this often. He HAS to be Townie this game.
I don't even get that many mafia roles...But still, good vote.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”