TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:09 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

icemanE wrote: Just because I unvoted without providing info on who I WANT to vote for doesn't mean I'm not pursuing people. Truth be told I unvoted because I think it looks much cooler when it looks like:
Alright, I guess I'll accept that for now.

Unvote, vote mafiaSSK.

So, are you iceman's scumpartner or are you just buddying up?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:55 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

icemanE wrote:Now, as for why I'm voting Zeek: He's rushed a lynch on Cake for no solid reason, which gives off scum vibes.
First, I never "rushed a lynch"; he's only got 3 votes.

Second, trying to lynch Cake would only be scummy if he were town. We don't know that he's town. If he is scum, then how am I scummy for pushing for the lynch of scum?

If you are trying to say you know he's town then you must be mafia, because only the mafia know who the townies are at this point.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:45 am

Post by icemanE »

ZeekLTK wrote:
icemanE wrote:Now, as for why I'm voting Zeek: He's rushed a lynch on Cake for no solid reason, which gives off scum vibes.

Second, trying to lynch Cake would only be scummy if he were town. We don't know that he's town. If he is scum, then how am I scummy for pushing for the lynch of scum?

If you are trying to say you know he's town then you must be mafia, because only the mafia know who the townies are at this point.
My stance at the beginning of the game is to give everyone an equal opportunity by assuming they are town, unless they do an early job proving themselves otherwise, which Cake has not.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Marmalade »

icemanE wrote:
ZeekLTK wrote:

My stance at the beginning of the game is to give everyone an equal opportunity by assuming they are town, unless they do an early job proving themselves otherwise, which Cake has not.
I'm pretty sure this is a playstyle difference, hence is not a good reason for a vote -- policy votes, I find, are
highly
problematic and troublesome.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:18 am

Post by icemanE »

'm pretty sure this is a playstyle difference, hence is not a good reason for a vote -- policy votes, I find, are highly problematic and troublesome.
Could you expand on that? I'm not sure who its addressing or what you find problematic.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:21 am

Erm, what policy, exactly, is zeek voting based on?
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Marmalade »

Hm -- pretty sure everyone's getting a bit confused here (not in the least myself).

What I meant it that it is difficult to accuse someone entirely because their stance is to treat everyone as town initially, when you treat everyone as scum, or vice versa. I thought you were using that as an attack against Cake, which I didn't think made for adequate reasoning. Although, it appears I was just being a bit dim, and in fact you are voting for Zeek, and not Cake (which I had thought when writing the post).

Now, I even more unsure about what you meant by this, however:
iceman wrote:My stance at the beginning of the game is to give everyone an equal opportunity by assuming they are town, unless they do an early job proving themselves otherwise, which Cake has not.
Can you clarify? I took this to be an attack on Cake, but your response seems to indicate that it wasn't.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:43 am

Post by icemanE »

Can you clarify? I took this to be an attack on Cake, but your response seems to indicate that it wasn't.
Nah, no attack on Cake, I was just responding to what Zeek said:

He's basing the validity of his vote on something that can't be determined right now. He's basically saying "If we kill him and he turns out to be mafia, I was right to rush the kill" which makes no sense.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

How does it not make sense? You said it's scummy of me to want him lynched. But how is it scummy if he turns out to be a mafia member?
Tigers ate my signature.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by icemanE »

How does it not make sense? You said it's scummy of me to want him lynched. But how is it scummy if he turns out to be a mafia member?
It's NOT scummy if he DOES turn out to be a mafia member, but we don't KNOW if he IS. Since we don't know he is scum or have any real reason to suspect he is scum, we shouldn't kill him just to find out.
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

ZeekLTK wrote:First, I never "rushed a lynch"; he's only got 3 votes.
Then what exactly did you try to accomplish by saying...
ZeekLTK wrote:Are we going to lynch ScumCake or what?
Just a wee bit confused here... So you're not pushing for a lynch by saying this then? Man, I must have read that backwards or something then.
ZeekLTK wrote:Second, trying to lynch Cake would only be scummy if he were town. We don't know that he's town. If he is scum, then how am I scummy for pushing for the lynch of scum?

This just hurts my brain, please don't tell me you are trying to pass that off as logic.

First off, you are just dancing around the issue of not having a valid reason to push for a lynch. Trying to lynch someone with no evidence or proof is scummy, what their alignment is has nothing to do with it. If said person does turn out to be scum you could still have been on board for bussing, though very badly done.

It's safe to assume someone is town considering the town is the majority, even so, no one has said that they know I'm town anyways. Besides you seem pretty sure of your vote with nothing to back it up so that conveys to me that you know something the town doesn't.

But I mean all this is all a moot point because you're not rushing to lynch me right?
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

ZeekTLK 3
-
Johoonho, CaptainCake, icemanE

MafiaSSK 2-
Nanosauromo, TheSweatpantsNinja

CaptainCake 1-
ZeekLTK

TheSweatpantsNinja 1-
TDC

Nanosauromo 1-
MafiaSSK

Greasy Spot 1-
Marmalade
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Why does that vote count have mafiaSSK voting for 2 people (one of which being himself)?

Because I typed his name instead of Ninja's, that's why. Shut up, I'm modding as hard as I can!
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Also I love the votes against me:

One because I wasn't online the day the roles were sent out and thus was the last to confirm

One OMGUS

One "chainsaw defense" of the guy who cast the OMGUS

lol
Tigers ate my signature.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by TDC »

icemanE wrote:
ZeekLTK wrote: How does it not make sense? You said it's scummy of me to want him lynched. But how is it scummy if he turns out to be a mafia member?
It's NOT scummy if he DOES turn out to be a mafia member, but we don't KNOW if he IS. Since we don't know he is scum or have any real reason to suspect he is scum, we shouldn't kill him just to find out.
I disagree. It might not happen too often, but scum can and probably will lynch each other if they think it makes the lynching scum look very town.
You should not conclude that someone is town, just because he is "responsible" for a scum lynch (especially if he used poor reasoning).
It's obviously somewhat less scummy than being responsible for a town lynch, but still "pushing" for a lynch implies that you want that person dead, and that means you're either scum or have very good reasons to think (or even know) the lynchee is scum - or even both.

Anyway, I have some questions:

Natirasha: I don't exactly get your
Natirasha wrote:
unvote
because Greasy_Spot fails at being a jester.
I assume you're joking there - or can Minis actually have roles like Jesters?

Johoohno: You were the first to vote for ZeekLTK and did so for him confirming the latest. You've already said you don't think that's "the strongest case". How does it compare to the Cake-ZeekLTK conversation in your eyes?

Cake: Before you switched your attention from Johoohno to ZeekLTK, you explained your FoS:
CaptainCake wrote:[..]Now lets look at the reality of the situation. In all honestly your vote is just as random as anyone's and your reasoning for choosing your random vote is that ZeekLTK is the last to confirm. As a random vote that's just fine and everything. However the part that caught me off gaurd is that you were implying your vote was not random and had some form of reason to your choice. [..]
Johoohno replied with
Johoohno wrote:I don't see my vote as random, I see ZeekLTK being last to confirm as a possible scum-tell. I know it's not the strongest case but [..]
You have not replied to that, so: Why not? I would've thought it would make your "case" stronger and not lighter, since now it's a serious vote with what you characterized as random reasoning and not a random one?
This is where I think you backed down, not sure why everyone focuses on the dialogue icemanE pointed out.

ZeekLTK: Your reasoning only makes sense if you are pretty certain of Cake's scumness. You have however not given even one argument, why that is and then go on and propose we lynch him. Care to elaborate?

unvote
vote ZeekLTK

Mod: Could we have a vote count, please?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

lol TDC. Care to explain how me wanting to lynch Cake is scummy? I can see how you might disagree with it. But to add vote #4 to a player who has done nothing scummy looks very badly for you.

Also there's the fact that you aren't even paying attention to the thread; there was just a vote count 3 posts above yours...

Look at the situation: No one jumped on his bandwagon but everyone is jumping on mine. Why? Maybe because he's scum and I'm not? Hmmmm....
Tigers ate my signature.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by icemanE »

I'm assuming this one refers to me... what is a "chainsaw defense?" I've explained why I voted for you and it has nothing to do with defending anyone.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:40 pm

icemanE wrote: Since we don't know he is scum or have any real reason to suspect he is scum, we shouldn't kill him just to find out.
One wonders what your scumhunting plan is.
captaincake wrote: It's safe to assume someone is town considering the town is the majority, even so, no one has said that they know I'm town anyways.
Or yours.

There are a lot of quotes that I could apply this too, and since you all can't be scum, I have a general blanket question:
How are you planning to help find scum?
I'll give you a hint: Saying every early wagon is based on little logic is not a good strategy.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by TDC »

ZeekLTK wrote:lol TDC. Care to explain how me wanting to lynch Cake is scummy? I can see how you might disagree with it. But to add vote #4 to a player who has done nothing scummy looks very badly for you.
Again: You want to lynch him without even presenting a reason why. How is that not scummy?
Is it less scummy if he is scum? Yes. Do I know whether he is scum? No.
Also there's the fact that you aren't even paying attention to the thread; there was just a vote count 3 posts above yours...
It wasn't there when I typed up the post.
Look at the situation: No one jumped on his bandwagon but everyone is jumping on mine. Why? Maybe because he's scum and I'm not? Hmmmm....
Why would him being scum explain that "no one jumped on his bandwagon"? Do you think everyone but you here is scum? I don't get it.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:04 am

Post by icemanE »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
icemanE wrote: Since we don't know he is scum or have any real reason to suspect he is scum, we shouldn't kill him just to find out.
One wonders what your scumhunting plan is.
captaincake wrote: It's safe to assume someone is town considering the town is the majority, even so, no one has said that they know I'm town anyways.
Or yours.

There are a lot of quotes that I could apply this too, and since you all can't be scum, I have a general blanket question:
How are you planning to help find scum?
I'll give you a hint: Saying every early wagon is based on little logic is not a good strategy.
I'm sorry to inform you but I believe you and Zeek are the minority in thining its a good idea to lynch Cake or anyone else JUST to find out if they're scum. So
FoS: Sweatpants Ninja
. And that's how I plan to find scum.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:39 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

TSPN isn't voting for Cake, nor has he said he supports my one-man "bandwagon" (as you've called it - please note that I am the only person voting for Cake currently).

And you also failed to answer his question with your OMGUS FoS.
Tigers ate my signature.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:27 am

Post by icemanE »

TSPN isn't voting for Cake, nor has he said he supports my one-man "bandwagon" (as you've called it - please note that I am the only person voting for Cake currently).

And you also failed to answer his question with your OMGUS FoS.
First and foremost I never used the word bandwagon. Secondly that was not an OMGUS FoS, and I implied an answer to his question about how I plan to hunt for scum using my FoS. I said:
So FoS: Sweatpants Ninja. And that's how I plan to find scum.
As you can see I suspect Sweatpants is scum because he supports your idea that its a good idea to lynch people JUST TO FIND OUT IF THEY ARE SCUM. If you have a GOOD REASON to lynch someone (i.e. hard evidence that suggests strongly that they are scum) then its a great idea to lynch them. Currently there is little evidence to suggest that Cake is scum and therefore it would be a grave mistake to lynch him, which you, Zeek, are so eager to do. I don't think we're ready to lynch ANYONE yet since there's NOTHING on this board that is scummy enough to warrant a lynch.

So to make it explicitly clear, I plan to scumhunt by investigation, not random lynching as Zeek and Sweatpants advocate. Currently there is not an imminent deadline so there is no reason to rush things along like you are doing.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:29 am

Thank you, zeek. That is correct.

So, iceman: your plan is to vote and suspect people who start wagons. All that's going to do is encourage timid play from townies who don't want to get voted for voting someone else.

Also, nice strawman. "Just to find out if they're scum." Don't recall ever saying that.

Sorry if I'm being a tad standoffish, but some players are pretty much using the 3rd-vote scumtell, which is unreliable at best, anti-town at worst.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:46 am

Simulpost for the loss.

What exactly do you mean, scumhunt by investigation?
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:00 am

Post by FaerieLord »

TSPN wrote:Alright, I guess I'll accept that for now.

Unvote, vote mafiaSSK.

So, are you iceman's scumpartner or are you just buddying up?
So you accept what he said, and say he is his scumpartners.

Nice...
ZeekLTK wrote:Second, trying to lynch Cake would only be scummy if he were town. We don't know that he's town. If he is scum, then how am I scummy for pushing for the lynch of scum?
So, everytime a townie is lynched, everyone who votes for him is scummy? Also, you are saying that bandwagoning someone is not scummy?
ZeekLTK wrote:How does it not make sense? You said it's scummy of me to want him lynched. But how is it scummy if he turns out to be a mafia member?
How are you sure he isn't mafia? Rushing the kill will only give town less time to argue.
ZeekLTK wrote:Also I love the votes against me:

One because I wasn't online the day the roles were sent out and thus was the last to confirm

One OMGUS

lol
You know what I love? Your over reaction to votes.
TDC wrote:I disagree. It might not happen too often, but scum can and probably will lynch each other if they think it makes the lynching scum look very town.
You should not conclude that someone is town, just because he is "responsible" for a scum lynch (especially if he used poor reasoning).
It's obviously somewhat less scummy than being responsible for a town lynch, but still "pushing" for a lynch implies that you want that person dead, and that means you're either scum or have very good reasons to think (or even know) the lynchee is scum - or even both.
:Goodposting:
TDC wrote:lol TDC. Care to explain how me wanting to lynch Cake is scummy? I can see how you might disagree with it. But to add vote #4 to a player who has done nothing scummy looks very badly for you
Nothing scummy does not result in 4 votes :teach:
ZeekLTK wrote:And you also failed to answer his question with your OMGUS FoS.
Don't answer other people's questions. Don't.
TSPN wrote:So, iceman: your plan is to vote and suspect people who start wagons. All that's going to do is encourage timid play from townies who don't want to get voted for voting someone else.
No, it's voting for people who start wagons without a reason, and have bad reactions when people call them out. It's actually a pretty good tactic
TSPN wrote:Sorry if I'm being a tad standoffish, but some players are pretty much using the 3rd-vote scumtell, which is unreliable at best, anti-town at worst.
It is unreliable when it is a set in stone move. But when someone simply jumps on a bandwagon with little to no reasoning, it is usually a scum tell.

Fos ZeekLTK, TSPN
until we get a votecount and a quota for a lynch
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”