Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:12 am

Post by icemanE »

Simulpost for the loss.
Haha
So, iceman: your plan is to vote and suspect people who start wagons. All that's going to do is encourage timid play from townies who don't want to get voted for voting someone else.
Not entirely, no. There was already a few votes on Cake before Zeek said "Are we going to lynch him or what?" So he didn't start the bandwagon. And you haven't started a bandwagon either, but I suspect you. So in actuality that statement is completely false since I don't suspect anyone who has started a wagon. If anyone has started a wagon, its me, Cake, and Joohoono on Zeek. So wagons have nothing to do with my voting.
Also, nice strawman. "Just to find out if they're scum." Don't recall ever saying that.
You're right, you didn't say it. But you supported Zeek's policy, which, when laid out in words, essentially says "We should lynch Cake to find out if he is scum". You call it a strawman, I call it a summarization.
What exactly do you mean, scumhunt by investigation?
I mean that I want to make sure that we are lynching someone based on strong evidence, i.e. an investigation, not lynching left and right until we come up with scum, which seems to be the direction you and Zeek are headed.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:33 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Ah, I see. Are you some sort of daycop that can get us an investigation on Day 1? Because, I mean, that'd be great.

Listen, I'm all for careful, cautious, play when we get later on into the game. But Day 1, you have to start somewhere. And zeek's essentially being voted on for starting us somewhere. By attacking him, you're punishing him for pressuring cake, which is a pro-town thing to do. Pressuring people on day 1 = good.

As for faerielord:
faerielord wrote: Also, you are saying that bandwagoning someone is not scummy?
Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! Maybe its just a playstyle difference, but how does your optimal pro-town day 1 go?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:58 am

Post by icemanE »

Listen, I'm all for careful, cautious, play when we get later on into the game. But Day 1, you have to start somewhere. And zeek's essentially being voted on for starting us somewhere. By attacking him, you're punishing him for pressuring cake, which is a pro-town thing to do. Pressuring people on day 1 = good.
OK, that's all fine and good. We're pressuring Zeek, does that work for you?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:59 am

Post by icemanE »

Ah, I see. Are you some sort of daycop that can get us an investigation on Day 1?
You know what I meant, you aren't an idiot.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:59 am

Post by TDC »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: By attacking him, you're punishing him for pressuring cake, which is a pro-town thing to do.
We must have very different opinions about the concept of "pressure" in this game.
Are you saying that if I voted you right now and said "Can we get TSPN lynched, now?" that would put pressure on you? That that would be pro-town behaviour from me?

Seriously?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:03 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

I'm reading through again and this is something that stuck out to me. Ever since we left the "random voting stage" Iceman only votes or FoSes when someone calls him out on "not scumhunting".

For example:
icemanE wrote:
TheSweatPantsNinja wrote: Unvote, vote icemanE for saying "we're not in the random voting stage anymore but I can't be bothered to scumhunt.
Haha.
FoS: Zeek
I'm not sure I'm ready to lay a vote on him yet because I think we've moved out of the random vote stage, so votes mean more now, but he's rushing a kill for no real reason.
icemanE wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: I want you to explain why you unvoted (because we were out of the random voting stage), but didn't actually pursue anyone.
Just because I unvoted without providing info on who I WANT to vote for doesn't mean I'm not pursuing people. Truth be told I unvoted because I think it looks much cooler when it looks like:

Vote: Zeek

icemanE wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: One wonders what your scumhunting plan is.

There are a lot of quotes that I could apply this too, and since you all can't be scum, I have a general blanket question:
How are you planning to help find scum?
I'll give you a hint: Saying every early wagon is based on little logic is not a good strategy.
I'm sorry to inform you but I believe you and Zeek are the minority in thining its a good idea to lynch Cake or anyone else JUST to find out if they're scum. So
FoS: Sweatpants Ninja
. And that's how I plan to find scum.
I especially love the first two quotes, because practically nothing changed in the game other than TSPN kept pressuring ice about "not scumhunting" and somehow that caused him to go from an FoS to a vote against me.

IMO, I think he's doing this because he's mafia, so he's trying to appease the town. He doesn't want people to know he's not trying to catch scum, so when someone (it's mostly been TSPN) says "you're not scumhunting" he responds with an FoS or a vote against someone to try to make it look like he is...

Basically, he's trying too hard to simply *appear* to be scumhunting without actually doing it, which I think is scummy.

unvote; vote iceman
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:13 am

Post by icemanE »

ZeekLTK wrote:I'm reading through again and this is something that stuck out to me. Ever since we left the "random voting stage" Iceman only votes or FoSes when someone calls him out on "not scumhunting".

For example:
icemanE wrote:
TheSweatPantsNinja wrote: Unvote, vote icemanE for saying "we're not in the random voting stage anymore but I can't be bothered to scumhunt.
Haha.
FoS: Zeek
I'm not sure I'm ready to lay a vote on him yet because I think we've moved out of the random vote stage, so votes mean more now, but he's rushing a kill for no real reason.
icemanE wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: I want you to explain why you unvoted (because we were out of the random voting stage), but didn't actually pursue anyone.
Just because I unvoted without providing info on who I WANT to vote for doesn't mean I'm not pursuing people. Truth be told I unvoted because I think it looks much cooler when it looks like:

Vote: Zeek

icemanE wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: One wonders what your scumhunting plan is.

There are a lot of quotes that I could apply this too, and since you all can't be scum, I have a general blanket question:
How are you planning to help find scum?
I'll give you a hint: Saying every early wagon is based on little logic is not a good strategy.
I'm sorry to inform you but I believe you and Zeek are the minority in thining its a good idea to lynch Cake or anyone else JUST to find out if they're scum. So
FoS: Sweatpants Ninja
. And that's how I plan to find scum.
I especially love the first two quotes, because practically nothing changed in the game other than TSPN kept pressuring ice about "not scumhunting" and somehow that caused him to go from an FoS to a vote against me.

IMO, I think he's doing this because he's mafia, so he's trying to appease the town. He doesn't want people to know he's not trying to catch scum, so when someone (it's mostly been TSPN) says "you're not scumhunting" he responds with an FoS or a vote against someone to try to make it look like he is...

Basically, he's trying too hard to simply *appear* to be scumhunting without actually doing it, which I think is scummy.

unvote; vote iceman

This is a ridiculous, absurd attempt to form a connection between defending myself and my voting pattern. I voted for you because you were pushing for a lynch on Cake, you know that, I know that, everyone knows that. I FoS'ed Sweatpants for supporting your idea about rushing the kill. You know that, I know that, everyone knows that. I'm not even scumhunting, either. I'm scumseeing, you don't have to hunt very hard when someone makes it so freaking obvious. Cut the bullshit.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:24 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Exactly the kind of response a scum would have.
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:28 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

Also, FaerieLord is also probably scum. He's just "FoSing" to support/push the bandwagon against a pro-town player, but he doesn't want to commit a vote so that he won't be held accountable for it later.

Notice how he has not contributed at all and then just comes in here out of nowhere and attacks the easiest target in the game who already has 4 votes? Scummy.
Tigers ate my signature.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:43 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I find faerielord's response much more scummy than iceman's. Iceman sounds genuine to me, and yes, I know you aren't a daycop, obviously I was kidding, but seriously, I don't know how any of you expect to start a game without someone bandwagoning someone, and there's never going to be a very good reason for that first bandwagon.

Anyway, I've been delaying leaving, and now I really have to go. I'll be back on Monday.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 am

Post by FaerieLord »

ZeekLTK wrote:Exactly the kind of response a scum would have.
Whatever he said, you would have said that.
ZeekLTK wrote:Also, FaerieLord is also probably scum. He's just "FoSing" to support/push the bandwagon against a pro-town player, but he doesn't want to commit a vote so that he won't be held accountable for it later.
Again, I didn't vote you because I don't want to put you at -1 yet. Thus I asked for a vote count. Also, can you stop calling yourself pro-town? 5 people disagree (I'm counting myself here). Though your blatant OMGus is wonderfully noted
ZeekLTK wrote:Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! Maybe its just a playstyle difference, but how does your optimal pro-town day 1 go?
Please tell me your definition of bandwagonning.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:54 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Also, really. It's the first 100 posts. How many people have actually contributed that much? I just lurked through the random voting stage and then started posting.

Saying I have contributed anything is like saying that there is no one at a 5am cinema theatre.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote Count:

ZeekLTK 4
-
Johoonho, CaptainCake, icemanE, TDC

MafiaSSK 2-
Nanosauromo, TheSweatpantsNinja

Nanosauromo 1-
MafiaSSK

Greasy Spot 1-
Marmalade

icemanE 1-
ZeekLTK

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are needed for a lynch.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

Hi guys, sorry for not posting much yet.

Reading over the game, Zeek really jumps out at me as being scummy. He says:
ZeekLTK wrote:Are we going to lynch ScumCake or what?
And then, later, he says:
ZeekLTK wrote:First, I never "rushed a lynch"; he's only got 3 votes.
Sorry Zeek, but saying "Let's lynch [insert name here] already!" on page 3 is pretty much the definition of rushing a lynch. You are lying, and the only people who have any reason to lie are scum.

Unvote
Vote: ZeekLTK
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Nanosauromo wrote:Hi guys, sorry for not posting much yet.

Reading over the game, Zeek really jumps out at me as being scummy. He says:
ZeekLTK wrote:Are we going to lynch ScumCake or what?
And then, later, he says:
ZeekLTK wrote:First, I never "rushed a lynch"; he's only got 3 votes.
Sorry Zeek, but saying "Let's lynch [insert name here] already!" on page 3 is pretty much the definition of rushing a lynch. You are lying, and the only people who have any reason to lie are scum.

Unvote
Vote: ZeekLTK
Okay but how is that scummy? You look more scummy for being so inactive and then just coming out of nowhere to put a vote on the biggest bandwagon.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Okay, seriously guys.

All I did was spark the game and get it going and all of a sudden I'm on L-2.

Notice my comment was during the random stage AND I never made a case against him (or really pushed it that hard). It's one comment taken way too far by a couple of people. Who stands to benefit by taking it so far? Scum.

If you are a townie (anyone reading this), please go back and look at this bandwagon that's formed on me. I guarantee you'll find scum on it.
Tigers ate my signature.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Post by Marmalade »

I didn't actually think what Zeek did was particularly bad, to be honest. I mean, it was
bad
, but it wasn't
that
bad.

What I do think
is
scummy though is that Zeek seems to attack all those who attack him.

Let's look:
1. Pretty weak attacks on Iceman for FoSing early game (you do realise this could be playstyle related...)
Very
weak attacks on quite a solid post by FaerieLord (I noticed that Ninja joined in -- scumbuddies?)
3. Attacks on Nanosauromo (although these are slightly more justified, they strike me as off).
4. An example of Zeek's attitude: "If you are a townie (anyone reading this), please go back and look at this bandwagon that's formed on me. I guarantee you'll find scum on it."

So Zeek, why do you feel the need to attack effectively
everyone
who has wagonned you? It feels really contrived and off to me.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:09 am

Post by TDC »

TDC wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: By attacking him, you're punishing him for pressuring cake, which is a pro-town thing to do.
We must have very different opinions about the concept of "pressure" in this game.
Are you saying that if I voted you right now and said "Can we get TSPN lynched, now?" that would put pressure on you? That that would be pro-town behaviour from me?

Seriously?
Quoted for not being answered yet.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:22 am

Post by FaerieLord »

ZeekLTK wrote:Okay but how is that scummy? You look more scummy for being so inactive and then just coming out of nowhere to put a vote on the biggest bandwagon.
Rushing a lynch = scummy. Simple
Marmalade wrote:What I do think is scummy though is that Zeek seems to attack all those who attack him.
That is also what I hated the most. The attitude is what really reeked to me.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:38 am

Post by Johoohno »

Trying to catch up:
TDC wrote:Johoohno: You were the first to vote for ZeekLTK and did so for him confirming the latest. You've already said you don't think that's "the strongest case". How does it compare to the Cake-ZeekLTK conversation in your eyes?
The case on ZeekLTK as I see it:
• Last to confirm (weak scum tell as said before).
• Eager to vote for CaptainCake - #55 – (has been brushed away as a joke, but it really didn’t sit well with the crowd here).
• Illogical posts (#76) which is commented in #85 by CaptainCake. This is something ZeekLTK avoids responding to, instead he moves on to something else, namely the votes on himself (#87 & #88).
• Doesn’t really explain his vote on CaptainCake which he also kept all the way up to #105.

However, I think you deserve the benefit of the doubt (especially since I liked your good post 105 which brought up something I missed, and that I’m not ready to lynch just yet), hence
Unvote
and
FoS: ZeekLTK
. Also, I'd really want a comment on this post ZeekLTK!

I also feel that it is the same few people keeping the discussion running here, I want to see more of those keeping it low.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:56 am

Post by icemanE »

However, I think you deserve the benefit of the doubt (especially since I liked your good post 105 which brought up something I missed, and that I’m not ready to lynch just yet), hence Unvote and FoS: ZeekLTK.
I think that's a smart choice.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Mod, I hate to say this, but I need a replacement. I'm currently in 5 games here and I'm starting to get my games mixed up. Sorry.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:15 am

Post by FaerieLord »

We need something to rejuvinate this thread?

I support a ZeekLTK claim. It'll at least get the life back into this thread. And he's still in lynch distance
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:20 am

Post by icemanE »

I support a ZeekLTK claim. It'll at least get the life back into this thread. And he's still in lynch distance
What's a claim, exactly?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:45 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

A claim is where someone says their role.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”