California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Gorrad »

/confirm. My first post, and I have nothing to base suspicions on. Well, except BBMars. Total scum, no way around it.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Gorrad wrote:/confirm. My first post, and I have nothing to base suspicions on. Well, except BBMars. Total scum, no way around it.
You're going down.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Gorrad »

Xtoxm wrote:
Gorrad wrote:/confirm. My first post, and I have nothing to base suspicions on. Well, except BBMars. Total scum, no way around it.
You're going down.
Oh ho! We shall see, sir. I'd rather the scum go down, personally, but perhaps you feel differently?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Gorrad wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
You're going down.
Oh ho! We shall see, sir. I'd rather the scum go down, personally, but perhaps you feel differently?
We shall see.

Who knows how I feel...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Xtoxm wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
You're going down.
We shall see.

Who knows how I feel...
You do.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Xtoxm wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:
You're going down.
We shall see.

Who knows how I feel...
The Shadow knows!
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Do I? Do I really?

Quite possibly.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Rogueben »

/confirmage!!
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by vollkan »

/confirm
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Niv »

/Dance dance revolution
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Gaspar »

bah gawd, niv is in this game

protect your dictionaries, guys
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Niv »

Dot forget your theasaurouse ;-)
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

Gaspar wrote:bah gawd, niv is in this game

protect your dictionaries, guys
This post makes me believe you really are Pod.

But yes, mr.dictionary is already feeling pain
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

I confirm that I have received and read my role pm.

Let's play!
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:36 am

Post by Thesp »

I am in this game as well. Huzzah!
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

That's everyone confirmed. The game will begin when I wake up tomorrow morning.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:52 am

Post by Niv »

Please see the Post Content section of the rules regarding quoting the Mod and asking questions of the Mod. - Mod
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Desert Island

Last night in the street
collapsed on itself,
In fact, it broke right in two;
And I fell in
The strawberry vines
Into a pool of strawberry wine,
Strawberry wine and clouds,
Burning in the desert, surrounded in flowers...

Some of the passengers are chatting as they roll down the highway, while others try to steal a nap. It remains dark outside, though the sky is slowly - almost imperceptibly - brightening as the sun approaches the horizon.

The music on the radio begins breaking up. At first, the passengers ignore it, figuring they are nearing the boundary of the radio station's reach. But when the radio cuts off entirely, leaving an eerie, ominous silence, one of the passengers - you, in fact - speaks up.

"Hey! Driver! What happened to the music? I was enjoying that tune!"

There is no response from the front of the bus.

"Driver?"

Still nothing. You sigh and stand up, knees creaking from the stiffness of sitting in the same position for too long. Several of the other passengers give you a questioning look as you walk the aisle, but you shrug off their glances. You reach the front of the bus. You look the seat. You blink and shake your head, the emptiness not quite registering at first. And then...

"Oh, sh..."

There is smoke everywhere. The passengers scattered about the overturned bus, pull themselves to their feet, trying to make sense of what just happened, trying to figure out where to go. There are coughs, but the sound of fire obscures the direction of them. The passengers grope about in the dark mist, alone.

They see a light, up ahead. It is faint, an indistinct blob of slightly brighter smoke, but it's there, and in the direction opposite the burning bus. They walk toward it.

"Is everyone well? Oh dear, what a terrible accident."

The passengers find themselves inside - a house, and a rather large one by the looks of it. There are several hallways and staircases in view in the large foyer where they are gathered.

"I do hope you are all ok. Please, please, don't panic. You are safe, now. I know that must have been an awful ordeal. Is this everyone? The smoke was so bad, I..."

A quick count reveals that there are only 14 passengers. Someone speaks up, suggesting that this seems low.

"I see, I see. Well, there was no one else around the bus. It was difficult to see, but my assistant assures me every area both around and in the bus was checked. There were no more survivors. Oh well, I'm sure the rest have just gotten disoriented in the smoke."

"No more survivors, you say?"

"Oh, my. Yes, I suppose I did. You see, my assistant did find one - I can only assume he was of your number - who has unfortunately passed on."

He nods to his assistant, who pulls a body into the room on a sheet. The passengers look from the corpse to each other, trying to process all this, but their mysterious host carries on:

"Funny thing, though. He wasn't burned, and nothing seemed broken. He appears to have perished from a bullet to the head."

He leans in, whispering.

"I believe there may be murderers among you."

He steps back, smiling.

"Never mind, never mind, I'm sure everything will be fine. You will, of course, stay here at least until morning, yes? The bus could explode at any time, after all, and I'm afraid you've picked a bad spot to be stranded. There's not anything around these parts for miles and miles. I'll see what I can do, though. No worries."

He nods to his assistant, who removes the body from view.

"I'll leave you to recover, shall I? You may want to discuss... things. By the way, I like the costumes and masks. Very clever. I'd keep them on, if I were you. After all, we still don't know why our dearly departed has shuffled off, yet."

With that, the man turns to leave the room. One of the passengers calls after him:

"Wait! Who are you?"

"Oh, dear, that's very rude of me, my apologies. I am Mr. Grey. Do call for me if you need anything."

You, Dear Reader (Innocent San Franciscan) have been killed.

The following players are missing: curiouskarmadog, Gorrad, IH, Nibbler Twins, OhGodMyLife, Sarcastro

It is Day 1. With 14 present, it will take 8 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Please check whether or not you are among the missing before posting.

You are also reminded of the post content and participation rules for this game. Take a moment to read over them one more time.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Ok.

vote Gorrad.

Anyone got any idea's what missing means?

Votes/Unvotes not appearing at the bottom of the post are not counted. Tags removed. - Mod
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:13 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

I have no idea

Niv

Let's prevent the strain!

Broken tags removed. - Mod
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:13 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

Vote Niv
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:29 pm

On day 4 of the Dantes in Fresno game, noone was lynched because they failed to have a condorcet winner. I would rather not see that happening this game. The best way to prevent a no lynch seems to be to actually lynch someone before the deadline hits in two weeks, rather then relying on the condorcet. But in case we won't manage to get a normal lynch: does everyone understand the condorcet method used in this game?

Six missing?! That's a lot. I doubt that they'll remain missing forever though, so let's not vote them when they can't react.

Vote: Xtoxm
, {everyone else}, {curiouskarmadog, Gorrad, IH, Nibbler Twins, OhGodMyLife, Sarcastro}, No Lynch, MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:43 pm

Xtoxm wrote:Anyone got any idea's what missing means?
Missing means that they're not here. It probably means that they can't post.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:45 pm

Post by vollkan »

Hello everyone,

After some recent in-game experiences I have begun to trial a policy of announcing my position on certain things at the start of each game I play.

I shall pre-emptively address what I anticipate to be the main objection to this, namely that it provides a "How to Avoid Suspicion" guide to scum. This is not true. The sorts of behaviours I am identifying are things that are not reliable scumtells in the level which they are usually used. The means by which I hunt scum go far beyond the traits identified in this list (principally to analysis of people's reasoning in attacks and so forth). In fact, my intention and hope is that this list will actually force certain scummy tactics to become unacceptable, making the environment more difficult for scum in the long run.

The things I identify are, however, things that I do not think are conducive to the town. Since most people on the site are not aware of, say, my deep loathing of hunch votes (or my reasons for said loathing) I feel it is necessary for me to declare such positions up front, rather than having an enormous debate on my problems with hunch votes, or my insistence upon the supply of objectively-understandable reasons half-way through the game.

With that out the way, I present my list (in quote tags for convenience)
vollkan wrote: Vollkan's Ground Rules
1) I use a % system to rank people.
  • a: 0% means someone's behaviour is absolute confirmed town. 100% means someone's behaviour is absolute confirmed scum.
    b: The rankings refer to behaviour unless otherwise stated. Someone that has claimed cop may still get a rating of 60% if their play has been worth 60%. I may also give them a probability ranking that factors in their claim.
    c: Everybody starts at 50%.
    d: Someone who has neither a preponderance of scumtells or towntells will receive 50%.
    e: Any unreadable lurker will receive 50%
    f: It is rare for me to give people a ranking below 50% (see section 2) below)
2) I am exceptionally skeptical of "town tells" and am reluctant to positively identify people as being "likely town". I have no issue with identifying the "less scummy" but I do not like identifying the "more towny".

3) Any player who justifies a vote/FoS/declaration of 'suspicion'/etc. on one of the following:
  • a) 'Hunch';
    b) 'Gut';
    c) 'Feeling';
    d) 'Belief'; or
    e) Anything that has a meaning similar to those of the above
will receive a stern demand from me that they give objective reasons for their vote/FoS/declaration of 'suspicion'/etc. Should they fail to do so, my expectation is that the vote/FoS/declaration of 'suspicion'/etc. will be dropped. If not, then they can expect their % ranking to increase.

4) If you want to play in a chaotic fashion, that's fine. However, if I can't understand what you are doing I will demand an explanation and justification. If you don't provide me with one, your % ranking
will
increase.

5) Any person who accuses another person of being scum for one of the following:
  • a) Over-reaction;
    b) Lurking;
    c) Aggression;
    d) Bandwagoning (see section 6) below);

Can expect their % ranking to increase.

6) Bandwagoning is not a scumtell. Voting with crap reasons is a scumtell. I don't give a toss how many times you vote, but I care very deeply about your reasons for doing so.

7) I hate lurkers. If you do not post decently within a reasonable timeframe, I will bombard you with questions and, very likely, demand you provide a full scumdar with at least 2 sentences per person. If you choose not to do so, I will expect that you desist from posting and allow yourself to be replaced.

8) Reliance on conspiracy arguments, such as "I think X is scummy because he did Y which could help scum because Z" (keyword = "could") will merit a % increase.

9) If I make a mistake somewhere I will point out that I have made tremendous cock-ups as town in a number of games. If you choose to entirely ignore these meta-references, your % ranking will rise.

10) If you are finding the game too 'difficult' or 'complex' either read up or replace out.

11) Don't complain about my posts being too long.
With that out of the way:

Frankly speaking,
Vote: Pooky

Tags removed. Please use bold tags only for voting and unvoting. - Mod

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”