muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Haha we got rid of the annoying ones. Two birds, one stone, is that what you call it ?
Ok then, the post above is all the information i need to start this bumrush

vote abr
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Oops, totally forgot about this game.

[quote="muffinhead"]Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.[/quote]

So you're basically saying we should lynch as many people as possible so that scum don't get to NK?? If you're serious, imo, this is a really horrible plan.

vote: muffinhead

[quote="skitzer"][quote="Kaleidoscope/Mod, Post1"]The police department is requesting the town that if there were any witnesses, they should notify this at the police department.[/quote]

This demonstrates how someone could put the "???????" option to good use. If you were a witness to these crimes, you could alert the police department.[/quote]

I just thought about this, but in the first post the mod also said that:

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]The city of New York has a problem. A mafia syndicate has been running a lot of the town behind the scenes for years. A reporter for the local paper first published a story on the corruption about six months back. The corruption went all the way to the to city hall, and infected the police department as well (...) About half of the old police force has been fired. [/quote]

I'm taking from this that if a message was sent to the police force then potentially any corrupt police officer would get to read it too. I wonder if it's possible for an officer to effectively "arrest" someone without being in a situation where they're claimed. I guess it's up to the townie in question to decide whether they want to risk it and if the positives outweight the negatives. Also, it's probably also possible to feed negative info to the cops if it's possible to feed them real info otherwise any info they received from a player would basically confirm their alignment.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by dahill1 »

[quote="Awesome Pants"]Oops, totally forgot about this game.

[quote="muffinhead"]Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.[/quote]

So you're basically saying we should lynch as many people as possible so that scum don't get to NK?? If you're serious, imo, this is a really horrible plan.

vote: muffinhead

[quote="skitzer"][quote="Kaleidoscope/Mod, Post1"]The police department is requesting the town that if there were any witnesses, they should notify this at the police department.[/quote]

This demonstrates how someone could put the "???????" option to good use. If you were a witness to these crimes, you could alert the police department.[/quote]

I just thought about this, but in the first post the mod also said that:

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]The city of New York has a problem. A mafia syndicate has been running a lot of the town behind the scenes for years. A reporter for the local paper first published a story on the corruption about six months back. The corruption went all the way to the to city hall, and infected the police department as well (...) About half of the old police force has been fired. [/quote]

I'm taking from this that if a message was sent to the police force then potentially any corrupt police officer would get to read it too. I wonder if it's possible for an officer to effectively "arrest" someone without being in a situation where they're claimed. I guess it's up to the townie in question to decide whether they want to risk it and if the positives outweight the negatives. Also, it's probably also possible to feed negative info to the cops if it's possible to feed them real info otherwise any info they received from a player would basically confirm their alignment.[/quote]

you also have to keep in mind that muffinhead is also a terrible newbie
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Awesome Pants wrote:
muffinhead wrote:Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.

Well of course we need proper information but it would give us a better chance then just the lynch every day.
Show

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by armlx »

muffinhead wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Haha we got rid of the annoying ones. Two birds, one stone, is that what you call it ?

vote abr
The irony is crushing my body.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by muffinhead »

armlx wrote:
muffinhead wrote:

vote abr
The irony is crushing my body.
arnt u goin to join

unvote
no point if no one else will do it,

besides i need a clear mind and to find proper clues.
Show

Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

muffinhead wrote:Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.
That only works if they're good lynches. It would be a complete disaster if we were to do a series of quicklynches and they were all townies. One mistake might not be a huge loss, but several mistakes would seriously hurt us and make a scum victory much more likely.

Basically, I think this is a horrible idea. I'm not sure whether it's just a bad idea with good intentions, or a scum idea hoping to lead town astray, but it makes me feel as though my vote is in the right place.
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by muffinhead »

Singing Librarian wrote:
That only works if they're good lynches. It would be a complete disaster if we were to do a series of quicklynches and they were all townies. One mistake might not be a huge loss, but several mistakes would seriously hurt us and make a scum victory much more likely.

Basically, I think this is a horrible idea. I'm not sure whether it's just a bad idea with good intentions, or a scum idea hoping to lead town astray, but it makes me feel as though my vote is in the right place.
It may bea horrible diasaster, however if used correctly i believe it could put us from an ok postion to an excellent position.

It may be a bad idea with good intentions but at least i am putting suggestions up. As for ur vote being in the right place though, u r sadly mistaken. If i was scum it would be preety obvious if u ask some peoplpe here lol.
Show

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by Dasquian »

If we can fit in more than one good lynch, we definitely should. But, as Singing Librarian said, crapshooting as quick as we can because we can is a really poor idea.

Let's aim to get one good lynch, then see how much time we have left and what the situation is. It may be that by then, we have another "let's get 'em" suspect in the wings.

Right now Superfly is doing himself
no
favours whatsoever. He fully deserves the votes he has and probably more.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Dasquian wrote:Right now Superfly is doing himself
no
Can you elaborate on this?
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Dasquian wrote:Right now Superfly is doing himself
no
Given that his last post on the forums was on Friday (before this thread even started), I find this somewhat spurious (if you're referring to the fact that he hasn't posted in his "defence" yet).
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Post by Dasquian »

I honestly thought more than 2 days had passed. My bad. 6 pages of posts, lots of talk about Superfly, and no Superfly. I got my sense of time distorted. :/

I'm still sticking to my guns though: I'm not advocating a quicklynch and I want to hear what he has to say about his bandwagon. With 12 to lynch, we can afford to be a bit more vote-happy, though.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:54 am

Post by Surye »

Well, I think that how long it took to get this thread up is part of the problem, maybe he never sent in a night action and he got a random ???? action, and he's actually not been around.

That said, a Superfly lynch may not be bad at all, and if he doesn't post by 2:00PM PST today, I actually may throw a vote on him. I think the most valuable thing about a Superfly lynch is it would make Primate accountable for his words, though I wish he would use more words. But if Superfly turns out to be town, that would be such a terrible scum play by Primate, that I don't think it's that simple, he has not been subtle at all about this crusade.

So scum or town, I think he has some information that he can use, or a plan to forge information. I don't think he is a cop, so that means unless it's a simple scum trying to lynch a town or rival mafia, or he used his ????? action. I really wish he would explain what he did/saw, as if it is any more convincing than "Trust me", he should have nothing to worry about, as Superfly will go down and not be able to retaliate.

All I want to do is establish some pre-lynch information that a lynch will help to enlighten us, and not just needlessly risk a townie. Once we set that up, a lynch would be town benificial as far as I see, and Superfly is as good as anyone at this point.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Surye »

Primate wrote:
Surye wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:Post signing argument sounds distancy and blows signal-noise ratio to hell.
Agreed, I've been trying to provide some real signal. Other then Primate, no one seems to have any input on any scum hunting discussion.
Well duh, if you guys start trying to have input you just distract the rest of players from lynching who I tell them to.
And this still bugs the hell out of me. Why such blatant anti-town sentiment? And of not anti-town, down right insulting.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:00 am

Post by Dasquian »

Surye wrote:All I want to do is establish some pre-lynch information that a lynch will help to enlighten us, and not just needlessly risk a townie. Once we set that up, a lynch would be town benificial as far as I see, and Superfly is as good as anyone at this point.
I disagree, on the basis that, ideally, any moment now Superfly should be posting. There's no need to lay a page 1 case against Superfly out in all its glorious detail before he gets to the thread. Let's see what he has to say for himself first.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:21 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Thus is why I have yet to list my possibilities on what is causing Primate to focus so much on Superfly so quickly in the game. I need to hear Superfly first, before I say anything that he may use to slip through.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Surye »

Fair enough, then we're waiting for Superfly. :? Hope he hurries.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Primate »

Surye wrote:
Primate wrote:
Surye wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:Post signing argument sounds distancy and blows signal-noise ratio to hell.
Agreed, I've been trying to provide some real signal. Other then Primate, no one seems to have any input on any scum hunting discussion.
Well duh, if you guys start trying to have input you just distract the rest of players from lynching who I tell them to.
And this still bugs the hell out of me. Why such blatant anti-town sentiment? And of not anti-town, down right insulting.
I'm easily the best player in the game, surely my opinion should be the one you follow over everyone elses, yes?

ps: At the minute I'm waiting for superfly to turn up, which is why I haven't responded to you with anything other than facetious comments.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Surye »

I can buy that you may be the best player in this game, I sure as hell am not. However, being the best player doesn't mean you're town, so I'm not sure how much that should mean. But now I'm just waiting for you know who so this game can finally get on.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Surye wrote:I can buy that you may be the best player in this game, I sure as hell am not. However, being the best player doesn't mean you're town, so I'm not sure how much that should mean. But now I'm just waiting for you know who so this game can finally get on.
Primate is being sarcastic

you gullible newbes.. 8-)
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Surye »

Hah, my point in saying I could buy it was making my point that I am NOT, by far, the best player here.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Surye »

But the more I read his and my posts, the dumber I feel about that. Thanks. :P
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:24 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Not liking Surye's play at all. His ideas of helping the town feel very mechanical, treating information like a quota.
Unvote: Vote Surye

Also, Muffinhead's plan is stupid for the reasons already given and the fact that night might not be as harmful to the town as it might seem. It's the responsibility of every townie to use their ???? action creatively. That doesn't mean go out and be a superhero, but think about ways that an average person could help the scumhunt, and generally try to test the limits of your power (as long as you don't put yourself in iminent danger doing so)
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Surye »

I don't really see how I'm treating it as a quota by wanting ANY of it. As soon as the game went out of the random vote stage, I have heard NOTHING but "trust me", and you say I'm playing mechanically by badgering for some information?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”