hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:
lord_hur wrote:About what you said to Mr Stoofer though... Please tell me what gives you the *exclusive* right to questioning people ?

Questioning people for good reasons is an eminently pro-town attitude and should not be denied to anyone.

On the other hand, if you think someone's accusation is undue, it is perfectly fair game to question it. But it is not what you said.
If you look at the third quote I didn't really see it as a question, more 3 quotes of yours (a large body of evidence) and an accusation. To me it was trying to push something a bit far. I think most were happy to leave this speculating business alone but Stoofer wanted to bring it to the forefront again and has it help us any more since then?
If someone sees something scummy but doesn't point it out, it hurts the town whether there's already pressure on that scummy person or not. Why not point out scummy things that people do?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

It had already been pointed out and Stoofer realy added nothing new, he just seemed to put more weight of the same meterial of what was already there.
thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:FoS:Mr Stoofer for trying to add more weight to an already suspicion laden person. Not that there is anything wrong with that if the suspicion is merited
Well I can only view if it is merited by my standards, likewise Mr Stoofer can do only the same. It was a sort of question is it merited or not... I left this rather ambigious as I wished to see Mr Stoofers reaction, surely he would be the one to know as he made the post if there was merit in it or not.

His reactions have been rather more focused on asking me if I find it merited or not. Three times I believe. I find it strange he needed me to coment on this first before he could say for himself he believed it merited.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

I find it interesting that no one has mentioned me or SlySly, and also that SlySly hasn't posted at all in the game.

mod:
prod?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by lord_hur »

lord_hur wrote:About what you said to Mr Stoofer though... Please tell me what gives you the *exclusive* right to questioning people ?

Questioning people for good reasons is an eminently pro-town attitude and should not be denied to anyone.

On the other hand, if you think someone's accusation is undue, it is perfectly fair game to question it. But it is not what you said.
If you look at the third quote I didn't really see it as a question, more 3 quotes of yours (a large body of evidence) and an accusation. To me it was trying to push something a bit far.
He was basically asking where I got the informations, because explaining it was the only way I could defend myself. I see what you're trying to say though. But because *you* analyzed something doesn't mean one can't analyze the same thing, especially if the person brings up new points, which Mr Stoofer did (the fact that I might know more than him).
thevampireofdusseldorf wrote: I think most were happy to leave this speculating business alone
I agree that this whole thing went out of proportion, but I had to defend myself.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Guardian wrote:I find it interesting that no one has mentioned me or SlySly, and also that SlySly hasn't posted at all in the game.

mod:
prod?
Lots of talk, but only one day and 10 hours.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Guardian »

It seems longer.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:24 pm

lord_hur wrote:He was basically asking where I got the informations, because explaining it was the only way I could defend myself. I see what you're trying to say though. But because *you* analyzed something doesn't mean one can't analyze the same thing, especially if the person brings up new points, which Mr Stoofer did (the fact that I might know more than him).
I dont really see that as bringing up a new point (not points) that you might know more than him, as he explains below that he had read the applicable meterial, so thus "you might know more than me" is throwing suspicion on you as being scum.
I also don't understand your conclusion of how he was asking you where you got your information from.
Mr Stoofer wrote:The following quotes make me think that lord_hur knows more about this setup than the rest of us (or at least: more than me).
If it is given as MR Stoofer has said he read the information then the "at least: more than me" part is I imagine to be taken as "I dont know things I am unimformed majority aka town"
Mr Stoofer wrote:I read the opening post. But I saw no warrant for a resurrection role, or a poisoner. Nor for your assumption that we are going to have a different plague every night.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by lord_hur »

lord_hur wrote:He was basically asking where I got the informations, because explaining it was the only way I could defend myself. I see what you're trying to say though. But because *you* analyzed something doesn't mean one can't analyze the same thing, especially if the person brings up new points, which Mr Stoofer did (the fact that I might know more than him).
I dont really see that as bringing up a new point (not points) that you might know more than him, as he explains below that he had read the applicable meterial, so thus "you might know more than me" is throwing suspicion on you as being scum.
I also don't understand your conclusion of how he was asking you where you got your information from.
I'm tired. But okay, one last round on this :
Mr Stoofer wrote:The following quotes make me think that lord_hur knows more about this setup than the rest of us (or at least: more than me).
Mr Stoofer implies here that I got information from means not available to everyone, i.e. that I leaked info from my role pm from undo. To refute it, It was necessary for me to prove him that all the info I used was public.
So the underlying question was : Where did you get the info ?
thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:If it is given as MR Stoofer has said he read the information then the "at least: more than me" part is I imagine to be taken as "I dont know things I am unimformed majority aka town"
Hmm I didn't understand it this way. It's best he comments on this himself.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Could someone write a brief synopsis of what that argument was all about? I didn't see how Mr Stoofer was out of line with his questioning and I'm not sure I like how quickly Lord_Hur backtracked on his initial statements.

I wouldn't get too fancy thinking about the food thing, but remember that the scum have probably had a chance to discuss their individual lunch preferences and whether they might all be the same. These are the kinds of things that should be discussed once we've got known scum. I'm of the opinion that it's just flavour :lol:
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:I'm not sure I like how quickly Lord_Hur backtracked on his initial statements.
And I'm not sure I like how you call "statements" what was obviously wild guesses, especially after I took all that time to clarify it.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by lord_hur »

lord_hur wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:I'm not sure I like how quickly Lord_Hur backtracked on his initial statements.
And I'm not sure I like how you call "statements" what was obviously wild guesses, especially after I took all that time to clarify it.
Sorry about this, I was unnecessarily aggressive :( This whole discussion is slowly getting on my nerves...
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Musher333 »

lord_hur wrote:
lord_hur wrote:
Sorry about this, I was unnecessarily aggressive :( This whole discussion is slowly getting on my nerves...
I don't quite understand what this whole argument is about, the thing that was brought up has been dropped so why not just leave it at that.
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

unvote

We're out of the random voting stage now. I'm not sure where my vote would be best placed, but I think it wasn't in a good place.

I think we need to move on, though it is interesting that other early bits of speculation on the setup (e.g. PyroDwarf's) went unmentioned.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:55 pm

I FoSed pyrodwarf for it page one.
Oh and that gives me another great idea
FoS and HoS:Musher333 & Singing Librarian
for trying to hush discussion.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Singing Librarian wrote:We're out of the random voting stage now.
True.
Unvote.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:14 am

Post by Musher333 »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:I FoSed pyrodwarf for it page one.
One minute you are telling people to stop saying things where scum could benifit from it then you have a go at me for trying to do the same.
Unvote, Vote thevampireofdusseldorf
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:35 am

Post by lord_hur »

I agree, the guy sure is trigger-happy.

Vote : thevampireofdusseldorf
so he calms down a notch (L-3, if i'm not mistaken).

Better reasons and less voting/FoSing please.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:03 am

Yeah I agree with those votes well merited if you be asking me.

I have not yet actualy cast any votes but instead gone on FoSsing.
Four I do believe. And all of these are merited but I will settle down and let things return to some sort of normality. So I have a list in rough order of who I find suspicious for reasons/FoSes already stated but I will quickly state this again.

lord_hur: way to much talk about possible roles early in the game, this seems to be something scum like to talk about and regardless of if it helps scum or not or harms town or not is still suspicious.

Mr Stoofer: adding to the lord_hur suspicion loading in a manner I found slightly disagreeable

Singing Librarian: making idle chatter that was factuly wrong, gives me the impression of posting out of need not desire, need to appear active in the game.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:22 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

well, well, this has sure been a hot topic. First, let me
Unvote
as that was from the random stage. It seems that the main point of contention is the speculation of certain game play elements. That discussion seems to be winding down with the agreement that we need more info first. I agree. I don't see scum yet, just angry townies. Maybe something will stick out when I get off work.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:29 am

Post by hasdgfas »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:I FoSed pyrodwarf for it page one.
VoD: I'm curious. Why are you throwing suspicion on so many different people? Especially without voting yet. I understand a couple of them, but it seems like anything suspicious, you throw out a FoS and don't say anything allowing them to respond to it. That doesn't help the town because it doesn't give us something to discuss. Give them something to respond to.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:35 am

My first suspicion was on lord_hur but he was on three votres at the time so instead had to give him a FoS, and from there well it kinda got a bit out of control.
I was also wondering how long I could get away with FoSing people for anything I saw suspicious before becoming suspicious myself. I dont agree with not allowing them to respond to it. If they disagree that what they had done was not worthy of a FoS then they were very much open to say so. Infact Musher333 did and for that courage in standing up to a FoS, I am no longer suspicious of him (it was a weak FoS anyway).
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

thevampireofdusseldorf, I wasn't trying to hush discussion. it seemed that particular thread of thought had reached the end of any usefulness, and moving on to something else would help a heck of a lot more.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by lord_hur »

PyroDwarf wrote:That discussion seems to be winding down with the agreement that we need more info first.
We need more info ? On what then, if we must keep roles secret ?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:42 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

lord_hur wrote:
PyroDwarf wrote:That discussion seems to be winding down with the agreement that we need more info first.
If I'm reading it right (and this is my position by the way) he is saying that we shouldn't bother speculating on tidbits in the opening posts until we actually have some information about those tidbits.

I really don't like this post. When I read it, it made PyroDwarf look really scummy, but when I looked at his actual post I got absolutely no scum-vibes.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:
lord_hur wrote:
If I'm reading it right (and this is my position by the way) he is saying that we shouldn't bother speculating on tidbits in the opening posts until we actually have some information about those tidbits.

I really don't like this post. When I read it, it made PyroDwarf look really scummy, but when I looked at his actual post I got absolutely no scum-vibes.
Look really scummy ? What the hell makes you say that ? I was just saying I don't understand what he means... Where did you see even one hint of accusation or allusion to scummyness?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”