Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Arrgh, I was right about Stoofer. Why didn't we lynch him (looks at lord_hur). Anyway, the name thing messed things up a bit. Lord_hur would have done a very good job if the names were indeed in line with the roles and undo didn't expect anyone to use that. So good effort, I guess.

Nice set-up though, I think it was pretty balanced, if you don't look at the names and flavor.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:35 am

Post by Guardian »

So Stoofer was scum?

Yeah. Yeah he was.

Guys, sorry for getting lynched but... well, it was very obvious Stoofer was scum. Huck had me fooled until day 4 or so.

Well done scum.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Guardian »

PS

The art was really good, but I make no judgment about the setup because I hate every single setup that has any no reveal. Peace.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:31 am

Post by hasdgfas »

wait, did we seriously win? all right! I didn't think there was any way that was going to happen after I got lynched for the name thing.
We made a mistake the night we killed SL. We should have used death of the firstborns that night instead of, what was it, boils? I realized as soon as day broke that it would have had something bad happen to the masons.

It's definitely a good thing we picked the no reveal lynch plague day 1, because after we lynched Guardian and we didn't know what he was, we could make people think he was scum. I'm surprised nobody remembered that once I was lynched and everyone had figured out there were pretty obviously 2 scum total.

Was stark basically a naive tracker because the plagues did the work instead of us?
Also, what were the curable diseases for the doc to save from?

I thought the town did a fair job with the craziness of this setup. Nothing else right now.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Guardian wrote:So Stoofer was scum?

Yeah. Yeah he was.

Guys, sorry for getting lynched but... well, it was very obvious Stoofer was scum. Huck had me fooled until day 4 or so.

Well done scum.
That's what I thought when I replaced in. I thought Stoofer was scum with hasdfgas all the time, but when Strife didn't hammer me I went after Stark (not that that matterd much).
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:50 am

Post by springlullaby »

Akil got the nicest illo!

I'm really sorry I flaked out and missed a night action (though I would have tracked Hackerhuck, so no big help there).

I think town was a tiny bit underpowered because no cardflip is very very disadvantageous to town. Maybe a forensic type role wouldn't have gone amiss.

I was totally suspicious of Stoofer entering in the game because of his thingy on Guardian, but the no result on him made me pussy out of that position. Next time I m a tracker know better.

Thanks Undo for hosting the game, the illustrations were superb, and the atmosphere of paranoia well engineered.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:37 am

Post by lord_hur »

Darn. Oh well, sorry for the name thing. It was indeed too good to be true... it seems Mr Stoofer looked the names up as well, because his name was fitting very well. Or was it luck? Guess we'll never know.

I should have trusted my gut and voted him :(
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:40 am

Post by strife220 »

lord_hur wrote:Darn. Oh well, sorry for the name thing. It was indeed too good to be true... it seems Mr Stoofer looked the names up as well, because his name was fitting very well. Or was it luck? Guess we'll never know.

I should have trusted my gut and voted him :(
There was a fake-name and jobs in the scum PM. It's luck if you think the name and the job (Sudi, scribe) matched up well.

Has's fake-name was suggested to be nkozi
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I really wish I had got my reread in, because I was pretty sure about Stoofer until the name thing came up successful and then I forgot all about him with the replacement. Even now, I've got to go back and reread, because I didn't think there was any chance we were at LYLO.

I would say that this is one of those games that is a really great idea when you go back and look at it or if you know the details, but it's very challenging to play.

I really don't understand why there was so much difficulty in finding a replacement. This wasn't too long of a read and the illustrations are also a nice touch. I'm just glad that we were able to finish it, because it would have been a shame for it to go dark on us.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:16 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

I still followed this game after I finally got regular internet access back...the set up and narration were too entertaining to not keep an eye on it. I was also too curious about who was scum. :)

Good job undo!
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”