Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Coron »

Also, I would mention that is much harder to analyse players when you aren't actually changing your own opinion, so that's probably why both Kravhen and I have put it off some(a lot).
kravhen
kravhen
Goon
kravhen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by kravhen »

Well some of that, but mostly because I got busy. I havent slept all weekend and I'm still busy today. I'll go downtown to some nice cafe and just re-read the whole game again tomorrow, promise.
And have an analysis ready before friday. Then we can wrap this shiz up.
Good?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Coron »

kravhen wrote:I'm still not sure where to allocate my vote... but I'm sure of this.
I'm not voting townies.
I don't care about all the math you can feed me to prove or disprove a point about the lover plan, but guys... This is still mafia. We just keep doing our thang and lynch the scum. That's as simple as I can put it. We got a scum on day 1, pretty good, I'm confident we can get another one if we stop getting distracted by strange and obscure plans about lynching lovers. That's just confusing, the results are debatable and unclear... in other words, it's just not pro-town enough a plan for me to support.

Stop going after lovers. 4 lovers, only 1 scum in there. Just lynch another scum instead.
Just like someone else pointed out, isn't it just better to leave the lovers alive as long as possible? They can act as "untouchables" by scum, because as soon as they kill a single lover, the pairs' alignments are revealed and we pretty much jump on the scum-sheltering pair.
Could you explain completely what you meant in the bolded section? Basically because I'm not sure I understand the whole point of the post.
kravhen wrote:EBWOP: O shit... just realized there was a deadline.. like NOW.
well crap, thats not much time to work here...
I personally don't have a big of a case on Korts but I do think his giving up stance (multiple times, too) is still odd... Ironically enough, I've done that kind of thing as a townie before because I thought it was cool or honorful and all those pretty colors, so i can sorta relate a bit... so I can't possibly vote him simply for that personally.

I'm officially considering it as a non-tell. But it seems the town has already chosen Korts. I guess now is the time when we wait and cross our fingers.
He says well I don't think Korts is scum(trying to avoid any blame), but whatever the town wants(tries not to derail the bandwagon).
kravhen wrote:
dahill1 wrote:i'm a little confused as to why the mafia wouldn't kill the doc?
To be honest, I'd rather not start a discussion on that. WIFOM reasons.
or because you have more info than other people.
kravhen wrote:
dahill1 wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:scummy as hell ^^^

Vote: dahill
how is that scummy? i was speculating on why they wouldn't kill the doc, which is the town's only confirmed, not scum power role
Why do YOU think the scum didn't kill ABR if he was the doc?
Since you feel comfortable asking others, I wanna hear your own answer just for the lulz.
then you march right in and do what you say you're against, I guess it's fine as long as it's not being asked to scum right?
kravhen wrote:Oh.
My bad.
I blame waking up too early today. Im starting to see scum everywhere or something.
that's what happens when you're scum.
kravhen wrote:
eldarad wrote:I guess the only thing we need to know before we 100% clear ABR is to ask the 'real' doc to claim now.

In the absence of a claim, we can confirm ABR.
Even if this generates a fake claim, then we get a guaranteed scum in a 1 for 1 trade, rather than the 1 for 3 trade when we lynch a lover.
I'm not sure another doc claim is necessary at the moment... ABR is 99% certainly a doc, we got a successful protection last night, things are going smoothly doc-wise, IMO
As far as I can tell, the only thing this post could be useful for is telling his scummates not to counterclaim.
kravhen wrote:Silence and dahill(in a lesser way), the speed on which you jumped on your horses with the lynching rope is noted.

It looked pretty damn OBVIOUS ABR was joking.
eldarad wrote:It's a win-win situation, and completely defeats the WIFOM that the scum may have been trying to set up by not killing.
We can't know whether they didnt kill or just landed on doc protection... stop assuming =/
It was obv for you because you knew he was town. The second part I actually agree with, and I might have even said similar things, I don't recall, but he's trying to avoid "clearing people" in the eyes of town, which is something I try to do no matter what if they aren't really cleared, but in the general case I think it is more likely as scum than town.

At this point we reach the point where Kravhen begins the whole freaking out about being found scummy for not voting in the first mafia lynch. Apparently my first reading of it, that clasified it as a thing scum would do was right.
kravhen wrote:EBWOP: Right... right... Farside is "confirmed town" IF ABR is teh truth...
Then wtf are you doing farside?
Still putting doubt on ABR?
kravhen wrote:EBWOP: Nvm im at L-1....

I finally give enough a damn about this game to actually read stuff AND think about it lengthly and I wind up at L-1. Interesting.

Detective Kravhen is at work, boys and girls, a lynch at the moment is out of the question.

@Armlx: That's a funny vote right there. I wasn't doing anything to progress the discussion? I have been defending myself for the past page or so, some of it because I thought I was misunderstood and/or didn't clearly grasp why I got honored with 2 votes. Especially from confirmed-townie farside. We're not seeing YOU pitching in your opinions either, what do you think?
You awfully smell like scum trying to slip in a L-1 vote on the bandwagon that's most likely to bear fruit at the moment, while avoiding being the evil hammer.

In addition to this vote, these are other actions of yours that tickle my scumdar:
Armlx wrote:Holy shit Jex was dumb this game.

I like where her vote was though. Looks a lot like another ongoing with KortS scum to say the least, plus the whole lover lynch push....
First line of the game, possibly you trying to sever links with Jex's past scummy actions as fast as possible. I've thought alot about the fact you kept Jex's vote on Korts but I haven't come up with a conclusion yet.
Armlx wrote:Ah, but you fail to realize the scum have no incentive to kill the lover pair, especially if Korts is scum and is lynched.
The way that sentence is written, it can almost seem like you were
too
familiar with the scum's incentives to kill or not the lover pair.

The big deal comes around the whole lover mambo jumbo. Almost ALL of your theorizing and arguing revolved around lovers. You proposed scenarios of lover lynching and whatnot. Plainly, you sure liked to talk alot about lover theories... EXCEPT you were also relunctant to come to a decision. Look here:
Armlx wrote:Basically killing any lovers is disadvantageous for both sides until the game is already more or less over.
After that you blah blah a bit more, and then once again take a step back and away from the lover business, with this post:
Armlx wrote:I'm not sure. I'm sorta ignoring the whole lover scenario until I absolutely have to decide.
So you talk a lot about lovers, but aren't willing to be involved in any lynching regarding them.

FOS: Armlx
. Chance of Armlx being scum... 80%. Chance he's the treacherous lover if he's scum... 95%. I would vote you but I want my vote to be on Coron at least until he reacts to it a bit.
Cornered scum distancing.

The other things I noticed in my reads that I'm not going to bother quoting every instance of here were, claiming that since things weren't certain we should ignore them. Very few things in mafia, or life, are sure, but we go on anyway. The other thing was that he seemed to OMGUS a lot at various points, against me, against the world, against a brick wall, whatever.

So there, have some stuff to look at, hope you're happy
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

Coron wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Coron wrote:
farside22 wrote:
vote: Coron

By far the scummiest post of the game is your last one. Give me a break. No information. No reason just a vote. If you are town this was a terrible game you played.
What reasons would I need to place that vote? I have a person more or less confirmed town, and a person that is not. Hard choice yes? Absolutely not! Especially after 6 days of total inactivity and weeks of almost complete inactivity. Since you are obviously not scum, I will advise you to remove your vote immediately.
You haven't made a case and if you are going to use the well you are a confirmed townie so my vote is for this other player that is not going to fly.
That is the reason for my vote, I understand fully that it won't convince you in any way that I'm protown, but that's not what I was doing at the time, I was instead placing my vote.

I'm glad I no longer have to worry about the annoying voice in the back of my mind telling me Farside might be scum anymore now, that's nice.
By the way why would it be scummy to vote for you? If I was scum I could just join your vote and end this game now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Coron »

farside22 wrote:
Coron wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Coron wrote:
farside22 wrote:
vote: Coron

By far the scummiest post of the game is your last one. Give me a break. No information. No reason just a vote. If you are town this was a terrible game you played.
What reasons would I need to place that vote? I have a person more or less confirmed town, and a person that is not. Hard choice yes? Absolutely not! Especially after 6 days of total inactivity and weeks of almost complete inactivity. Since you are obviously not scum, I will advise you to remove your vote immediately.
You haven't made a case and if you are going to use the well you are a confirmed townie so my vote is for this other player that is not going to fly.
That is the reason for my vote, I understand fully that it won't convince you in any way that I'm protown, but that's not what I was doing at the time, I was instead placing my vote.

I'm glad I no longer have to worry about the annoying voice in the back of my mind telling me Farside might be scum anymore now, that's nice.
By the way why would it be scummy to vote for you? If I was scum I could just join your vote and end this game now.
Er, where did I say it was scummy? I said I no longer had to worry about the annoying voice in the back of my head (You had been confirmed town).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

oh. I misunderstood what you meant.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Coron »

Bump
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Coron »

any time Kravhen.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Coron wrote:any time Kravhen.
QFT :x
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Coron »

farside22 wrote:
Coron wrote:any time Kravhen.
QFT :x
He hasn't posted anywhere on MS since his last post here.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Can we please get a replacement or something.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Coron »

Um, how about this. You decide who you want to vote, and if it happens to be me, I'll vote myself to finish this game. I don't really think a replacement at this point would be fair.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Coron wrote:Um, how about this. You decide who you want to vote, and if it happens to be me, I'll vote myself to finish this game. I don't really think a replacement at this point would be fair.
I'm not adding this game to my win/ loss ratio as town.

vote: Kraven

At least you stuck it out. Pretty sure you are scum.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Coron »

Nope, we win.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Vote Count:

Kravhen - 2
(Coron, Farside)

Not Voting -
(Kravhen)

With 3 alive, it is 2 to lynch

The three remaining town members waited tensely in a circle.
"I'm gonna call it how I see it - I know you ain't scum" Coron said, pointing to Farside, "which means you are."

Kravhen didn't respond.

"Let's just talk about this for a second" Farside exclaimed.
Coron grumbled.

Kravhen still didn't respond.

"On second thoughts your probably right." Farside turned to Coron and the two moved in.

Kravhen
was never going to respond again...

As the blood trickled between the gaps in the floor-boards the two survivors knew they had work to do to restore life and love to this battered town. But they would be able to do so filled with optimism and hope, assured by the knowledge that all that threatened their peaceful way of life were now gone.

CONGRATULATIONS TOWN!!!

Survivors:

-
Farside

-
Coron
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I'll do night actions and a summary in a bit.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Coron »

farside22 wrote:
Coron wrote:Um, how about this. You decide who you want to vote, and if it happens to be me, I'll vote myself to finish this game. I don't really think a replacement at this point would be fair.
You better not.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:21 pm

Post by eldarad »

erm...yay?

Now that there's only Coron and farside left, it's down to you to repopulate the town. Off you go then...

I don't even remember what happened in this game, to be honest.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by Korts »

Yays. I kinda regret messing around Day 2, sorry, guys.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Coron wrote:
farside22 wrote:
You better not.
I'm not. This was a terrible game and part of me felt Kraven was scum, but when you didn't participate in the game I got really suspicious of you.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Coron »

farside22 wrote:
Coron wrote:
farside22 wrote:
You better not.
I'm not. This was a terrible game and part of me felt Kraven was scum, but when you didn't participate in the game I got really suspicious of you.
I was way more active on the last day then Kravhen was. Also, see:
Coron wrote:Also, I would mention that is much harder to analyse players when you aren't actually changing your own opinion, so that's probably why both Kravhen and I have put it off some(a lot).
It would have been nice if you had just made up your own opinion a long time ago imho.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:54 am

Post by silence »

Yayy!

Btw, why did you not kill the doc immediately?!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by armlx »

We assumed ABR was possibly lying out his ass.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”