Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Jex »

farside22 wrote:
@Jex:
I voted for Q-man because I did not see his comment as a joke when I'm trying to promote discussion. I felt his vote against me was a reach at nothing and voted for him because his comment made no sense. How do you know if he was joking? I was trying to promote discussion instead of the random BW comments going on and he just off shoots at the hip for a first comment and vote I found it odd coming from him.
I can't prove that Q-man's comment was a joke, however, everyone was joking around about BWs and yet you singled out Qman. The more I look at the conversation the more I think that you (farside) were the one to overreact. What do you mean by you found it odd coming from him? It was his first post into the game, so I don't understand how it could be odd from him in particular.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:15 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Vote Count:

Farside - 2
(Qman, Jex)
ABR - 2
(Flameaxe, Sethaniel)
Sethaniel -2
(ABR, Elderad)
Qman - 1
(Babygirl)
Flameaxe - 1
(Farside)
Babygirl - 1
(Dahill)
Korts - 1
(Korts)

Not Voting -
(Yoshi, Silence)

With 12 alive, it is 7 to lynch

Finding a replacement for Korts. Prodding Yoshi and Silence.
Yoshi
Yoshi
Townie
Yoshi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Yoshi »

Hi guys! I forgot about the game, then got an e-mail, sorry!

I read up until this point, and I find Jex, Korts/replacement, and Sethaniel most suspicious.

Jex self-voted, OMGUS'd, and hopped her vote around when many votes were on her, trying to be suspicious of many people.

Korts basically just didn't contribute anything, self-voted, then left.

Sethaniel is for his recent abdication of responsibility by asking ABR what to do.

I think Jex is the most suspicious of these offenses.

vote: Jex
[b][color=green]Yoshi![/color][/b]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Jex wrote:
farside22 wrote:
@Jex:
I voted for Q-man because I did not see his comment as a joke when I'm trying to promote discussion. I felt his vote against me was a reach at nothing and voted for him because his comment made no sense. How do you know if he was joking? I was trying to promote discussion instead of the random BW comments going on and he just off shoots at the hip for a first comment and vote I found it odd coming from him.
I can't prove that Q-man's comment was a joke, however, everyone was joking around about BWs and yet you singled out Qman. The more I look at the conversation the more I think that you (farside) were the one to overreact. What do you mean by you found it odd coming from him? It was his first post into the game, so I don't understand how it could be odd from him in particular.
I've never seen Q-man making many jokes as such that is why I found it odd. I'm used to it with Albert.
Now on to some more interesting comments. I read Sethaniel comments and I felt he was fishing for information. It was his question about what Albert liked about Jex that through me.
unvote: vote: Sethaniel
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Jex »

Yoshi wrote:
Jex self-voted, OMGUS'd, and hopped her vote around when many votes were on her, trying to be suspicious of many people.
vote: Jex

All of my votes up until my vote on Sethaniel were all joking around, you know...random game play for the random voting stage. Sethaniel was the first that I actually found suspicious and I'm currently torn between sethaniel and farside at the moment for most suspicious in my eyes.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You have beautiful eyes, Jex.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:08 am

Post by silence »

Prod received. Didn't find anything worth drawing conclusions, I'll try to read more carefully later today.

Anyway I still wonder why there is no strategic discussion
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Jex »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You have beautiful eyes, Jex.
Aww schucks :oops: I think someone is trying to suck up to me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:16 am

Post by farside22 »

@Jex: I take it you don't find Qman play off. Sometimes he is more vocal which I've learned doesn't mean squat, but I don't often see him being silly. Usually he is a very serious player.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Yoshi
Yoshi
Townie
Yoshi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Yoshi »

Silence, I think the strategy here is just ordinary; try hard to figure out who the scum are, try to make sure the scum doesn't discover lovers or the doctor... lynch the scum.

Jex, regardless of your claimed intent or randomness at the time, I find your actions suspect.

I'd like to hear from Sethaniel in defense of his actions.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by dahill1 »

i'm gonna
unvote vote sethaniel
for basically asking ABR what to do
Sethaniel wrote:ABR, do you have a reason for liking Jex? If you can give me a good one, I'll vote for her.
Sethaniel wrote:Ah, wait. So you like her personally, not like her as a candidate for lynch.

Or, you believe people who think like you do should be lynched.

Which is it, ABR? do you want me to vote for Jex?
and then saying he was only doing it for conversation to see his response..
he clearly said "if you give me a good reason to vote for jex i'll vote for her" and "do you want me to vote for jex?"
that doesn't seem like conversation to me
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Qman »

farside22 wrote:@Jex: I take it you don't find Qman play off. Sometimes he is more vocal which I've learned doesn't mean squat, but I don't often see him being silly. Usually he is a very serious player.
That is in fact true. But the first 3-4 pages if I get involved with random votes, I get a little silly.

Inomrally just sit out the random vote stage, watching and waiting for the game to turn serious. My post was out of character with what farside has seem from me recently, so I can understand why it looked odd to her.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Qman »

dahill1 wrote:i'm gonna
unvote vote sethaniel
for basically asking ABR what to do
Sethaniel wrote:ABR, do you have a reason for liking Jex? If you can give me a good one, I'll vote for her.
Sethaniel wrote:Ah, wait. So you like her personally, not like her as a candidate for lynch.

Or, you believe people who think like you do should be lynched.

Which is it, ABR? do you want me to vote for Jex?
and then saying he was only doing it for conversation to see his response..
he clearly said "if you give me a good reason to vote for jex i'll vote for her" and "do you want me to vote for jex?"
that doesn't seem like conversation to me
I think it's odd, but I also think they are just screwing around as that came page 3 or before, most of which interaction i write off until a couple days in.

The random vote stage is ass.

unvote
too
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:11 am

Post by silence »

Whoa. Am I supposed to know who of the players like to be serious and who don't?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:46 am

Post by dahill1 »

well i think we've moved past the random stage
so we should all be serious now
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:04 am

Post by eldarad »

ABR, what is your opinion on our two sets of lovers?

Do you think it would be beneficial to lynch one of them on day 1 on the off-chance that they are scum?
Or do you think the 1/4 chance of a lover being treacherous (as opposed to 1/3 chance of a non-lover being scum) means we should lynch a non-lover instead?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:57 am

We should lynch whoever's scummy, period.

The following song is dedicated to someone I hold in high regard, Jex:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=H1vaszd6NnA
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Qman »

If they were not being so obvious I'd think ABR and jex were lovers.

I know, thats WIMOFable for eons
Sethaniel
Sethaniel
Goon
Sethaniel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Sethaniel »

Defense of my actions:

Newbie. Stupid newbie. Check my join date.

I really did just want to see what response would come of it. ABR keeps insistently making "I love Jex" posts, which is a little weird. Obviously, I didn't think people would use it as a reason to lynch me. A lot of people were saying a lot of stupid things, and no one seems to have singled them out for death. (Specifically, elderad admits he was kind of serious in asking ABR about his vote, then jumps on the BW to lynch me.)

Well, if I die, when I'm proven townie, I hope it helps you find the real scum.

I'm guessing the scum will just claim that I was playing anti-town and deserved to die for being unhelpful anyway. (I can make a great argument against myself.)

@dahill Again: Newbie, stupid stupid newbie, doesn't know what's acceptable discussion and what's going too far.
Whether you say I'm an evil genius, or you call me a lucky lurker and blame the town, the fact remains that two townies voted to lynch a claimed cop with a guilty result in lylo. -- Newbie 593
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:13 am

O.K. guys, we've found our first scum. Let's lynch Sethaniel. Everybody now!
Yoshi
Yoshi
Townie
Yoshi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Yoshi »

As pretty new myself, I can understand Sethaniel, and I actually accept his defense.

I find more suspicious this lover thing going on between Albert and Jex -- propagated by Albert. I don't think a town player would want to telegraph a lover connection so obviously as Albert has done. I can't believe I missed it -- but Qman's 117 really made me rethink Albert's play, and in a game with lovers it seems so foolish to make an implication you are a lover so publicly!

unvote: Jex; vote: Albert

Albert and Jex are the two I find the most suspicious. I'm interested in Korts replacement, too.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:49 am

We live together. We die together. Bad boys for life.

Everybody BUM RUSH SETHANIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:52 am

Post by eldarad »

Sethaniel wrote:Defense of my actions:

I really did just want to see what response would come of it. ABR keeps insistently making "I love Jex" posts, which is a little weird. Obviously, I didn't think people would use it as a reason to lynch me. A lot of people were saying a lot of stupid things, and no one seems to have singled them out for death. (Specifically, elderad admits he was kind of serious in asking ABR about his vote, then jumps on the BW to lynch me.)

I'm guessing the scum will just claim that I was playing anti-town and deserved to die for being unhelpful anyway. (I can make a great argument against myself.)

@dahill Again: Newbie, stupid stupid newbie, doesn't know what's acceptable discussion and what's going too far.
Do you want to attempt this post again? Maybe with an actual defence this time? Being new doesn't make you stupid.
Also, what things have I said that are stupid?
ABR wrote:We live together. We die together. Bad boys for life.

Shut up ABR...
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:57 am

Post by dahill1 »

Sethaniel wrote:Defense of my actions:

this is called playing the newbie card. however, you do seem to be sincere with what you say, but that doesn't mean i'm still not suspicious of you.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
We live together. We die together. Bad boys for life.

haha this isn't gonna work this time ABR, but nice try
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Jex »

First off
unvote
. I understand where farside is coming from. I've never playing in a game with Qman before so have no idea if he usually jokes or plays seriously. I no longer find that conversation suspicious.
eldarad wrote:ABR, what is your opinion on our two sets of lovers?

Do you think it would be beneficial to lynch one of them on day 1 on the off-chance that they are scum?
Or do you think the 1/4 chance of a lover being treacherous (as opposed to 1/3 chance of a non-lover being scum) means we should lynch a non-lover instead?
This post massively bothers me! If you look at the roles, killing one lover kills the other. Therefore, if we out the lovers then we will either kill 2 town or 1 town and 1 mafia based on which pair we lynch. I do not find this beneficial to the town in any way shape or form.
vote eldarad

Also, why ask ABR his opinion on the lovers instead of someone else, or the whole group? ABR has done nothing but suck up to me this game and advocate for quick lynches. Does this make him trustworthy enough to ask important questions in this game?

Third thing on this post, you are voting for sethaniel for asking and opinion from ABR yet you are doing the exact same thing. I find this hypocritical.

This post really stuck out as scummy to me.
Yoshi wrote:I find more suspicious this lover thing going on between Albert and Jex -- propagated by Albert. I don't think a town player would want to telegraph a lover connection so obviously as Albert has done. I can't believe I missed it -- but Qman's 117 really made me rethink Albert's play, and in a game with lovers it seems so foolish to make an implication you are a lover so publicly!
I am not a lover with ABR. I never really thought about the fact that he may be trying to make it look that way with his posts. I tend to just write off ABR as joking and don't really take him seriously a lot of times. Overall, good point about him trying to make it look like he's a lover, bad conclusion because he is not my lover.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”