Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

And finally, unlike most games you should never claim, ever, and it would be useles as masons would claim town, mafia would claim town and serial killer would claim town...
Way to state the obvious Max Goof!

Vote: Max

Unhelpfully scummy as always.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by ooba »

Guardian wrote:ooba's 20 is trying to look helpful, but isn't imo -- how else do we get the game started, sir??

fos: ooba
The game has started without random voting now , hasn't it?

vote : neko2086
for the being the first to mention the SK kill and bringing up mafia codes ..
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
And finally, unlike most games you should never claim, ever, and it would be useles as masons would claim town, mafia would claim town and serial killer would claim town...
Way to state the obvious Max Goof!

Unhelpfully scummy as always.
As always = meta?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by neko2086 »

ooba wrote: vote : neko2086 for the being the first to mention the SK kill
Actually, Beep Beep was the first, but I don't find that in itself particularly scummy anyway.
and bringing up mafia codes ..
Mitzef brought it up originally, actually. Do you find what I've said to be unhelpful to town? Do you find what I've said more unhelpful to town than what Mitzef has said?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Guardian »

neko2086 wrote:
Mitzef brought it up originally, actually. Do you find what I've said to be unhelpful to town?
No, I think it is quite helpful in indicating you are scum.
Do you find what I've said more unhelpful to town than what Mitzef has said?
I find your comment much more likely to be revealing your scum alignment than Miztef's.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:47 pm

neko2086 wrote:Mitzef brought it up originally, actually. Do you find what I've said to be unhelpful to town? Do you find what I've said more unhelpful to town than what Mitzef has said?
Miztef posted useful content. You posted WIFOMy rubbish. See the difference ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by armlx »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
neko2086 wrote:Mitzef brought it up originally, actually. Do you find what I've said to be unhelpful to town? Do you find what I've said more unhelpful to town than what Mitzef has said?
Miztef posted useful content. You posted WIFOMy rubbish. See the difference ?
I endorse this post and/or service.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

I'm starting to like the new ABR.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by muffinhead »

How can i possibly tell whos a mafia member and whos a serial killer? this all seems impossible. The way i know the game there is a hint every week and without one is like pulling a rabbit out of the hat.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Why does it matter whether someone is mafia or SK? We need to lynch both.

And there are no "hints" here. This is proper mafia - you need to figure out who the scum are based on their play, not based on mod clues or whatever else you're used to.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:47 pm

Post by muffinhead »

ok cheers 4 that, ill somehow figue it out lol
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:56 am

Post by neko2086 »

my intention wasn't to be WIFOMy, though I see how I was. Mitzef said that the mafia would be creating codes, and I only wanted to warn people, especially the newbies, that they could potentially be misleading. Mitzef himself said "You probably won't pick up on it," so naturally, I'm concerned about trying to find such a code and interpreting it incorrectly. I suppose, though, that I shouldn't have even said anything unless that started to happen.

muffinhead, you will want to start by reading the previous game, to which there is a link on pg 2 of this thread. Since you're very new, I would suggest reading that game thoroughly. Make yourself a list of who is scum, mason, and town, then read the thread to see what they each do. It'll be a tad different this time with the SK, but I think the gameplay will be very similar, so that will be your best place to start.
In Tartiflette We Trust
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:55 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Reading some other game is long and not terribly exciting. A short version has already been provided. Is it not adequate?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Miztef »

Ok, I don't like these posts:
Guardian wrote:
neko2086 wrote:
Mitzef brought it up originally, actually. Do you find what I've said to be unhelpful to town?
No, I think it is quite helpful in indicating you are scum.
Do you find what I've said more unhelpful to town than what Mitzef has said?
I find your comment much more likely to be revealing your scum alignment than Miztef's.
How do you find his post worse then mine. There needs to be reasons behind why something is scummier then something else.
ooba wrote:
Guardian wrote:ooba's 20 is trying to look helpful, but isn't imo -- how else do we get the game started, sir??

fos: ooba
The game has started without random voting now , hasn't it?

vote : neko2086
for the being the first to mention the SK kill and bringing up mafia codes ..
Guradian's FoS here seems very forced. He has no reason to mention ooba, and the town had many posts of discussion without random voting. I know that guardian had a peek at the orignal game, he posted in the aftermath of it. It seems unreasonable that he did not realize ooba was in the former game and knew what he was doing, not to mention that he could have seen that we discourage random voting in the previous game as well.

Then Ooba's vote is not very convincing... both his statements are incorrect, and neither do I find as reasons to someone being scummy.
NabakovNabakov wrote:
neko2086 wrote:
Mitzef wrote: The mafia will (almost certainly) have a code for when they are "daykilling".
Yes, but they could also make up a fake code to lead the town to draw incorrect conclusions and connections, so I'd be careful when searching for such things.
This is silliness. To a certain extent, it would be helpful to crack the code so we know who the mafia intend to kill, but all we would really have to do is
identify
a code, real or fake. It doesn' t matter if that scum player actually intends to kill the person indicated in the code. What matters is that they used a code to indicate a kill and are therefore scum and should be lynched.

SK driven lynches should help, but a major concern should be preventing the scum from placing a desperate kill before they are lynched. Don't hover around L-1, L-2. Don't give conditions for a lynch or threats that make a lynch seem inevitable. The ideal would be to actually
lynch
the scum, not to let them go down shooting.
I agree with nabakov here to an extent. However, scum will probably only use the code near death... so finding the real code is much more valuable, in order to stop them from being able to use it freely (not near death).

Squashing the scum like bugs is the best bet. I completely agree with nabakov on that front. No lingering at L-1, L-2. once it's at L-3, L-4, just speed lynch if you have any real suspicion of the player. We need to get players dead at least once a week. That means in order to surprise the scum, we have to jump at the 5-6 day mark as well sometimes.
dahill1 wrote:
armlx wrote:
It looks like the SK made their first guarantee kill. We have a week before they can make another one.
This sentence feel really forced to anyone else?
fos: neko
it does seem somewhat suspicious but not enough for a vote yet
just no. Way too vague and unhelpful, not even a real vote placed.
Samruc wrote:Another reason not to stay at L-1 is that Mafia (or more unlikely SK) might risk a kill just to lower the amount of people needed for a lynch. This only applies when there is an even number of players alive (like today).

I'll check out the previous game as suggested.

Also,
vote: Max
. (Not purely a bandwagon vote.)
The first line of this is correct and should be noted.

Sarcastro just came out and voted max, and then this vote... both with no reasoning behind them. These are just as bad as random votes, which should be discouraged here.
Sarcastro wrote:

Let's get this bandwagon started.
Sarcastro wrote:I'm starting to like the new ABR.
Sarcastro wrote:Why does it matter whether someone is mafia or SK? We need to lynch both.

And there are no "hints" here. This is proper mafia - you need to figure out who the scum are based on their play, not based on mod clues or whatever else you're used to.
That is all of sarcastro's posts in this game. Too unhelpful overall for my tastes, but enough to make people think he is an active participant. I don't like it.

I'm going to
vote: guardian
and
FOS: Ooba, Neko, Sarcastro, Samruc, dahill1
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:47 am

Interesting logic, Miztef!
Miztef wrote:
Guardian wrote:I find your comment much more likely to be revealing your scum alignment than Miztef's.
How do you find his post worse then mine. There needs to be reasons behind why something is scummier then something else.
Double standard IS a powerful scumtell, however it doesn't seem like you are living in alignment with what you preach:
Miztef wrote:Sarcastro just came out and voted max, and then this vote*... both with no reasoning behind them. These are just as bad as random votes, which should be discouraged here.
You berate the first two players who voted Max, but say nothing about the third person on the bandwagon. How do you explain this ?

referring to Samruc voting Max
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Miztef »

oh, you mean your vote ABR? You actually put
some
reasoning behind it. You state that you voted him for stating the obvious and being unhelpful, which is acceptable reasoning for a third vote in my opinion.

The others have no reasoning, which = close to random vote which = I don't like.
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Samruc »

Miztef wrote:...with no reasoning behind...
I thought I made it clear that there *was* reasoning behind my vote.

I also want more input from Max.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:13 am

For my part, I think it is abundantly clear why these players voted Max. Let us dissect his posts:
Max wrote:First I propose we kill the serial killer, if the 6 mafia die and 6 masons die in a row it would mean that serial killer would win with 5 risky kills in a rown, unlikely scenario but with every lynch away from the serial killer will result in a death. (1)

My proposal, one lynch every week, the serial killer can only kill once a lynch or once every real life week, so we need to be quick, if we go past 7 days we should wait til day 13 before a lynch. If we go at that rate the game will be over reasonably quickly. (2)

And finally, unlike most games you should never claim, ever, and it would be useles as masons would claim town, mafia would claim town and serial killer would claim town... (3)

Also because the serial killer did not get a kill pregame it leads me to believe beepy beep beep is scum
Vote Beep!Beep![/](4)
Max wrote:First kill, first post, see a connection?(5)
(1) Use of the slippery slope.

(2) Attempting to control the town through craplogic (who's to say that the SK will kill immediately after he gets his second kill ?)

(3) The biggest one IMO, stating the obvious to look pro-town.

(4) Accusation based on craplogic, or failure to pay attention to the rules, which is scummy because mafia and SK need only to fabricate reasons for a vote. This was identified by both armlx and Neko before Samruc's vote:
armlx wrote:Max, I see no connection, especially since the kill was in the opening post meaning it could have happened at any time before then.
neko2086 wrote:Mmmm no. Beep Beep posted almost an hour after Pooky posted. The SK probably pre-submitted the first kill.
(5) Defends his vote as legitimate, but doesn't bold it to confirm. Obvious contradiction here (if he were so sure, why didn't he make a proper vote ?)

There were ample reasons for their votes, Samruc in particular, who attacked Max after there was reasoning provided by other players, not to mention that he specified his actions wasn't random.

Not all votes must be followed by an explanation in the same post, especially weak ones based on hunches. For example, here is another reason which I didn't share because it was too shabby: he started his sentence with "I propose", which IMO looks like scum terminology, thus weighing some scumpounds on his scumscale.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Max »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:(1) Use of the slippery slope.

(2) Attempting to control the town through craplogic (who's to say that the SK will kill immediately after he gets his second kill ?)
Yes, SK not killing only ever helps anyone against SK, unless you fail to include delays,

So me having a logical ramble in my brain which I write down is scummy?

(4) Accusation based on craplogic, or failure to pay attention to the rules, which is scummy because mafia and SK need only to fabricate reasons for a vote. This was identified by both armlx and Neko before Samruc's vote:
Nowhere in the rules did it state SKs get a kill pregame, neither did it mention making an honest misinterpretation immediately meant in a vote.

armlx wrote:Max, I see no connection, especially since the kill was in the opening post meaning it could have happened at any time before then.
neko2086 wrote:Mmmm no. Beep Beep posted almost an hour after Pooky posted. The SK probably pre-submitted the first kill.
(5) Defends his vote as legitimate, but doesn't bold it to confirm. Obvious contradiction here (if he were so sure, why didn't he make a proper vote ?)
how many people do you know that read their own posts

There were ample reasons for their votes, Samruc in particular, who attacked Max after there was reasoning provided by other players, not to mention that he specified his actions wasn't random.

Not all votes must be followed by an explanation in the same post, especially weak ones based on hunches. For example, here is another reason which I didn't share because it was too shabby: he started his sentence with "I propose", which IMO looks like scum terminology, thus weighing some scumpounds on his scumscale.
Now I'm getting lynched for saying I propose instead of I suggest, now that makes me believe that if anything thou art scum
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Miztef »

I do agree with all you've said ABR, I'm just trying to push people to get out their arguements and play aggresively. Noticed I focused a lot on scumminess from low activity in my post.

I actually didn't realize how much evidence max had against him, and thank you for pointing it out.

@Samruc: Until you actually show me some evidence, I'm not gonna like the vote in this game. I'm adament about wanting active and aggresive players this game. The scum had a huge advantage last game (imo) and I believe the same is true here. Therefore, we need all the advantages we can get. Hunches are too weak for me in this game (though I probably won't lynch someone based on such actions, I just believe weak play needs to be minimized).

I'll decide on if I want to vote max later, right now I'm going out for a bit.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:41 am

Yes, SK not killing only ever helps anyone against SK, unless you fail to include delays,

You mean the SK would rather have short days with 1-week discussions ? Why ?

So me having a logical ramble in my brain which I write down is scummy?

Absolutely. Its roundabout scum thinking. Why would anyone consider claiming except scum and SK ?

Nowhere in the rules did it state SKs get a kill pregame, neither did it mention making an honest misinterpretation immediately meant in a vote.

Um, yes it did. Mod said both the mafia and SK could queue kills.

how many people do you know that read their own posts

O.K. fine. Blame it on your clumsiness.

Now I'm getting lynched for saying I propose instead of I suggest, now that makes me believe that if anything thou art scum

Woah slow down there, Montana Max! Is that a Straw man you just did ?
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:57 am

Post by Samruc »

Miztef: I *am* active and playing aggressively. I've never before skipped random voting, and I definitely haven't voted seriously within one day of daybreak... What I'm after in Max's posts will surely not appear if I tell you what I'm looking for. (This is not to say I'm not looking at other people as well.)
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Miztef »

That's fine then samruc. I'm not going to go about voting you.

On the max issue... I'm not sure If I like the guardian vote or max vote better. I will definately
FOS: Max
though, his defense in reposnse to ABR's post seems lacking at best. The arguement "how many people read their own posts" seems woefully misleading, because you really should. you should have just admitted it was a mistake. You
still
haven't corrected it too.

What does everyone think of guardian btw?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:30 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Albert, who are we lynching today? Thanks.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:For my part, I think it is abundantly clear why these players voted Max. Let us dissect his posts:
Max wrote:First I propose we kill the serial killer, if the 6 mafia die and 6 masons die in a row it would mean that serial killer would win with 5 risky kills in a rown, unlikely scenario but with every lynch away from the serial killer will result in a death. (1)

My proposal, one lynch every week, the serial killer can only kill once a lynch or once every real life week, so we need to be quick, if we go past 7 days we should wait til day 13 before a lynch. If we go at that rate the game will be over reasonably quickly. (2)

And finally, unlike most games you should never claim, ever, and it would be useles as masons would claim town, mafia would claim town and serial killer would claim town... (3)

Also because the serial killer did not get a kill pregame it leads me to believe beepy beep beep is scum
Vote Beep!Beep![/](4)
Max wrote:First kill, first post, see a connection?(5)
(1) Use of the slippery slope.

I agree with Miztef on this one. If you are going to argue about someone's lynch and have reason that is one thing, but to place a vote without reason is scummie. Giving people a reason they didn't state when they voted is based on nothing but at name is bad. They should have there own opinon and state them or they can lie and use what ever logic you just stated as there own. Giving people a free pass to vote without reason should be noted.
Vote: Albert
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”