Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Miztef »

I agree that at least a skim of the mini version of this would be beneficial to anyone.

I don't know the relationship between kilroy and flameaxe, but it seems that the votes so far are not exactly random. Anyone care to explain?

Here some tips about this theme that I have from the original (I was mafia):

1. The mafia
will
(almost certainly) have a code for when they are "daykilling". You probably won't pick up on it (no one did in the mini version), but you can be aware that the mafia will likely know who killed their partners when a daykill backfired (ie. they will know that person is a townie... or serial killer).

2. Masons - It was said in the mini version that you have a really hard role. Be very careful to not give away your identity. If a player claims mason, do not vote him / hammer him without other reason. This happened last game and basically outed ooba as a mason (although we (the mafia) didn't really get around to daykilling him).

3.Townies - MoS did a great job with this role last game, tricking many of us scum. Try to find out who the masons are (without telling anyone else!) and protect them (as a general guideline, but again, don't make it seem like they are masons). If you get assumed as a mason, that's great! However, you have to look quite townie like as well, because that's how the masons will be looking.

Yeah, I guess this turned out to be a basically "play well and you won't lose" little speech, but for people who haven't played this, I think it may bring some insight into how this works in general. If I remember any more good tips, I'll try to post them as well (unless the town in general deems it scummy to give tips).
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In a setup like this, its absolutely crucial for the scum to mark their targets: if a mafia attempts a kill on a player and he dies instead, his partners run the risk of dying from the exact same attempt on that player later on. This is why the mafia will devise a way to communicate their choice of target before they issue the kill. This would happen pages, sometimes
days
before the kill itself.

Be weary of strangely formulated sentences and incoherent posts, but like my partner Miztef said, don't get caught up in trying to intercept mafia communications...it will likely not become apparent until the endgame, anyway.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'll also say that both the masons and mafia (barring myself) were extremely conservative last game. We can't play that way here, lest the SK kills accumulate. I think a good starting point would be to determine how fast we should bandwagon. I believe that in the original run of this setup, at least one of my partners were lynched before being able to make a kill.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:02 am

Post by armlx »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Try again...

Who might kill Kilroy?

vote: Flameaxe
Wow, does Flameaxe have that many vendettas?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Max »

First I propose we kill the serial killer, if the 6 mafia die and 6 masons die in a row it would mean that serial killer would win with 5 risky kills in a rown, unlikely scenario but with every lynch away from the serial killer will result in a death.

My proposal, one lynch every week, the serial killer can only kill once a lynch or once every real life week, so we need to be quick, if we go past 7 days we should wait til day 13 before a lynch. If we go at that rate the game will be over reasonably quickly.

And finally, unlike most games you should never claim, ever, and it would be useles as masons would claim town, mafia would claim town and serial killer would claim town...

Also because the serial killer did not get a kill pregame it leads me to believe beepy beep beep is scum
Vote Beep!Beep![/]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:34 am

Post by armlx »

Max: How did the SK not get a kill pre-game?
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Kilroy8675309, Townie has been killed.
Only the SK can day kill non-masons.

On the topic of the SK.

Vote neko2086
It looks like the SK made their first guarantee kill. We have a week before they can make another one.
This sentence feel really forced to anyone else?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:38 am

Post by neko2086 »

Mitzef wrote: The mafia will (almost certainly) have a code for when they are "daykilling".
Yes, but they could also make up a fake code to lead the town to draw incorrect conclusions and connections, so I'd be careful when searching for such things.

I agree that we should probably lynch once per week, thus keeping pace with the SK. If the SK is lynched, then we can take a little more time.

Max wrote: Also because the serial killer did not get a kill pregame it leads me to believe beepy beep beep is scum
Can you elaborate? I don't see what you're getting at here. The SK got a kill right off the bat, and I don't see what beep beep has to do with anything.

armlx, I was simply pointing out what you just did, that it was the SK's move and not mafia. Obviously, anyone who read the rules would know this, but it's important to keep in mind that we only have a week until the SK gets another kill.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Vote: Max

Let's get this bandwagon started.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Max »

First kill, first post, see a connection?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:54 am

Post by armlx »

1ce a week lynch seems good. Not doing so would just be like no lynching, and thats a bad thing. If the first lynch happens in <4 days, we could probably squeeze in another too if theres reasonable evidence against another person already (kinda like a vig kill i guess?).

neko, regardless of you trying to remind anyone, it still seems really forced. You just sorta put it out there with no motion to do anything about it, hoping other people will move forward with it.

Though max's post makes it evident people needed the reminder though.....
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:55 am

Post by armlx »

Max, I see no connection, especially since the kill was in the opening post meaning it could have happened at any time before then.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:56 am

Post by neko2086 »

Mmmm no. Beep Beep posted almost an hour after Pooky posted. The SK probably pre-submitted the first kill.
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:58 am

Post by neko2086 »

That was in response to Max, btw.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Guardian »

We want to make lynches in this game as fast as possible. It is a race against the SK.
neko2086 wrote:
Mitzef wrote: The mafia will (almost certainly) have a code for when they are "daykilling".
Yes, but they could also make up a fake code to lead the town to draw incorrect conclusions and connections, so I'd be careful when searching for such things.
O RLY?

They could have made up a fake code eh? Did you suggest that to them??

vote: neko2086

I agree that we should probably lynch once per week, thus keeping pace with the SK. If the SK is lynched, then we can take a little more time.
I think we should lynch at least once per week, preferably a few times if cases are there, until the SK is dead.

ooba's 20 is trying to look helpful, but isn't imo -- how else do we get the game started, sir??

fos: ooba
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:13 am

Post by armlx »

Guardian wrote:
neko2086 wrote:
O RLY?

They could have made up a fake code eh? Did you suggest that to them??
Man, I was so busy with the awk SK comment I completely missed that WIFOM.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:19 am

Post by neko2086 »

I think we should lynch at least once per week, preferably a few times if cases are there, until the SK is dead.
Bad idea. From what I understand the SK can guarantee kill once per week, or after the town has lynched. If we were to lynch right now, for example, we would cancel out that week-long waiting period and the SK could make another guarantee kill, right? So, we shoud lynch just before his waiting period is over.

Also, do you think the scum are going to follow the same plan as last time? It's already been said that any code the scum might devise would likely not be cracked by the town, thus, if anyone were to claim to have figured out their code, I would be extremely cautious about believing it.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Guardian »

good point about how the sk works >_>

1ce per week it is then.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:26 am

Post by armlx »

Doh, I completely forgot about the "or after a lynch" thing.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:35 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

neko2086 wrote:
This is silliness. To a certain extent, it would be helpful to crack the code so we know who the mafia intend to kill, but all we would really have to do is
identify
a code, real or fake. It doesn' t matter if that scum player actually intends to kill the person indicated in the code. What matters is that they used a code to indicate a kill and are therefore scum and should be lynched.

SK driven lynches should help, but a major concern should be preventing the scum from placing a desperate kill before they are lynched. Don't hover around L-1, L-2. Don't give conditions for a lynch or threats that make a lynch seem inevitable. The ideal would be to actually
lynch
the scum, not to let them go down shooting.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Can anyone link me to the last game please? I havent read it...

Nabakov, your point about desperate mafia attempts makes a lot of sense
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Flameaxe »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Try again...

Who might kill Kilroy?

vote: Flameaxe
Why would I kill Kilroy...I've played with him like twice on scumchat...
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 am

Post by neko2086 »

Nabakov, read the end of the original game. Mitzef and ABR had codes that they would use if they were about to be lynched which would point out their targets for desperate daykills, and the order in which they would be attempting to kill them. That way, when they inevitably died from a failed daykill, their partners would know who they tried to kill, and would know not to target that person.

For town, if they could crack that code, they'd know who else was town-aligned since they would be in that coded list. But, remember, the scum are only dropping these codes when they're about to be lynched and are going on a suicidal mission, so even if we were to spot the code, we'd be finding out they were scum soon anyway. That's not the issue. The issue is the interpretation of the code afterwards, and I think it's a dangerous thing to try, as it could lead us down the wrong path.
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:21 am

Post by neko2086 »

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:24 am

Post by dahill1 »

armlx wrote:
It looks like the SK made their first guarantee kill. We have a week before they can make another one.
This sentence feel really forced to anyone else?
fos: neko
it does seem somewhat suspicious but not enough for a vote yet
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Samruc »

Another reason not to stay at L-1 is that Mafia (or more unlikely SK) might risk a kill just to lower the amount of people needed for a lynch. This only applies when there is an even number of players alive (like today).

I'll check out the previous game as suggested.

Also,
vote: Max
. (Not purely a bandwagon vote.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”