Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Snix wrote:
Pink Puppy wrote:So let me get this straight... you wanted him to claim off a random bandwagon? And see his refusal until L-1 as anti-town?
No, where in that post does it say that. I see his refusal to do anything until L-1 as anti-town. I see the fact that he is trying to work us around by hinting that he's a power role in a setup that only has an SK and a miller. What would he claim that would be so important that we couldn't risk the fact that it's a fake claim? I'm wondering what makes him so special.
I dunno. I think refusal to claim until L-1 is pro-town. I don't want people claiming too early. It's really important to keep power roles hidden.

Why do you think this setup has only an SK and a miller? No powerroles for town would put us at a horrible disadvantage. I don't know a lot about balance, but I'm pretty sure a game with mafia, SK, miller and no power roles would be very unbalanced.
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 am

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

Pink Puppy wrote:Why do you think this setup has only an SK and a miller? No powerroles for town would put us at a horrible disadvantage. I don't know a lot about balance, but I'm pretty sure a game with mafia, SK, miller and no power roles would be very unbalanced.
Duh, even newbie games have a doc/cop or both, and in this game, especially when looking at the setup zedd pointed out, it is hard to imagine why there wouldn't be. I'm not sure why Snix said that, but it hardly seems like a scum slip-up, maybe a just a stupid comment judging by the flavour? My vote will have to stay with zedd for now though.

BTW: Any reply to Post 73, Pinky?
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:
Pink Puppy wrote: URoE: votes zeddicus 3 times. One is an OMGUS. One is a bandwagon jump.
Let me explain myself... 1st is OMGUS in random voting, 2nd is when I see a reason to actually voting and (not bothering to go back and check who my random vote was on) unvote and revote, I shortly unvote and then revote jumping on the bandwagon VRK started, which I agree may make me look scummy, but really I only voted him twice, and the OMGUS vote changed into a vote with a small bit of reason. I guess I saw my jump back on zedd as just revoting since he didn't prove himself innocent.
How was he supposed to "prove himself innocent?"

(BTW... I feel like I am defending Zedd all the time. It's not that I really want to do that, I just don't understand the attacks on him).
And, just a thing on the setup a "psychotic madman" may be a PGO
What is a PGO?
xXFoxXx
xXFoxXx
Townie
xXFoxXx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:37 am

Post by xXFoxXx »

Indeed, how does one prove himself innocent? Even claiming wouldn't prove anything, and after he claimed powerrole, if he's town he's likely to get killed as doc, or even as cop if doc doesn't protect him.
Cunning like a Fox
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Snix »

Pink Puppy wrote: I dunno. I think refusal to claim until L-1 is pro-town. I don't want people claiming too early. It's really important to keep power roles hidden.

Why do you think this setup has only an SK and a miller? No powerroles for town would put us at a horrible disadvantage. I don't know a lot about balance, but I'm pretty sure a game with mafia, SK, miller and no power roles would be very unbalanced.
It's not his refusal to claim. It has nothing to do with his refusal to claim, it has to do with the fact that he refused to do anything at all about the bandwagon. He didn't defend himself at all he just kind of rolled over. It's like he's waiting for L-1 so he can claim.

I read the opening post and saw nothing that seemed to note other roles. It does seem unbalanced but I figured it wasn't broken or it wouldn't have gotten through.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:39 pm

@Pinky Yeah, I guess I could have worded that better, I meant more like "defend himself", but I didn't say that, seeing as how VRK was the next to post (almost a full day later) I just went back on my vote on that, plus my first wasn't totally OMGUS, (s)he voted on me for a self FOS which was simply stupid, on both of our parts. Also, PGO means Psychotic Gun Owner (Like a crazy war vet), I just thought of that because the Flavour.

@Snix I'm guessing you just didn't expect there to be a cop with a miller? That makes no sense.
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Snix »

I didn't give much attention to it I guess.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by populartajo »

This game cant go nowhere if we dont have everyone here.
Mod : Can you Prod the missing guys?

Should I make a list?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:51 am

Post by caf19 »

I guess Marmalade and avinashv will need prods, they've been quiet for a while.

I know I've been fairly quiet, but I'm never too enthusiastic about early day 1. My vote still stays on UROE for his revote on zeddicus just because a bandwagon was forming (i.e. he thought he might be able to get him lynched).
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:41 am

Post by avinashv »

Sorry, I had a busy week. I'm digesting all of what I've read, but I'm suspicious of Snix for his strange analysis of the setup of this game. I'm going to look around a bit before I make a vote because I'm not 100% sure that it's a good enough scumtell.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by caf19 »

So, let's look at UnofficialRulerOfEveryone's reasons for voting and unvoting zeddicus. Firstly, post 73:
Let me explain myself... 1st is OMGUS in random voting, 2nd is when I see a reason to actually voting and (not bothering to go back and check who my random vote was on) unvote and revote,
Hang on there. Let's go look at that 2nd vote - it's in post 30. In that post, UROE calls zed a "funsucker" and votes for him because zed told him to stop making jokes. That's not a "reason to actually vote", it's the least serious reason ever. So basically, that explanation is full o' crap.
I shortly unvote and then revote jumping on the bandwagon VRK started
Er, yes. That's a recount of what happened and doesn't actually explain anything.

UROE elaborates a bit more in post 81 where he says he voted zed a 3rd time because he failed to "defend himself". Defend himself against what? The only attacks on him, UROE, were your random votes, and VRK deciding to start a totally random wagon on him. And after that random wagon started you gave him all of... 13 minutes before voting for him. So, you weren't really looking for zed to defend himself, you just jumped right on after it looked like you were getting some support for your reasonless attacks.

In other words, UnofficialRulerOfEveryone = lies upon lies. Scum, in my eyes.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Marmalade »

Cook!eMonst3r wrote:Because marmalade tastes awesome. Don't tell me you are a jelly fan?
Haha sorry but i'm raspberry jam all the way :P
Firstly, quote fail from da cookie monsterrrr!!!

Secondly, sorry dudes. Me = writing essays with frantic urgency, but hopefully it will all be fine!!!

Thirdly, it's half past two in the morning, so if I start spewing random crap, apologies.

xXFoxXx wrote:
Unvote Vote: Caf19

For calling it a "Rival Badwagon"
Um, is this serious, or am I dumb?

zeddicus wrote:care to explain why voting me feels "real"?

I don't really find anyone that scummy, besides for the fact you just said my bandwagon feels "real", and it has nothing to go on.
What else do we have to go on at this point?

Actually Pink Puppy (awww!) makes good points abouit the Cookie Monster. However, I completely disagree with his other three picks. How else would you propose we start the game, Pink?

Wow, populartajo wasn't joking. Um, making a mistake isn't exactly scummy. If you think it was misleading, I'm not sure its convincing evidence. That's all down to rather heavy subjectivism, and I'm sure there are more important things to comment on at this stage.

I like lamtreateak's 9sorry for murdering the name) FOSes.

Btw, I don't see the point in role speculation at the moment. It doesn't really help the town, and can help scum. So um... don't do it, please?

And yeah, I can see the case against UROE. I want to see his responses before voting though.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

populartajo wrote: I dont have much problem with starting a random badwagon tough, this game was pretty boring. What I dont like is the way that some people have jumped into it. I need a reread.
Do you mean you don't have a problem with VRK, but a problem with UROE and Snix for jumping on?

To me, they're all pretty suspect for it.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:02 am

Post by caf19 »

Let's keep this game moving folks. i don't want us to be deadlined.

Only 4 people have posted in the last 72 hours... that can't be good for the scumhunt.
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Marmalade »

No one has anything to say about my post?

We do need more activity. Sadly, I am going to Mexico, so can't help matters. I leave on Friday night, and probably will have limited access throughout my time there.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

I plan to think about post 86-87 when I get home tomorrow or earlier
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:50 am

caf19 wrote:So, let's look at UnofficialRulerOfEveryone's reasons for voting and unvoting zeddicus. Firstly, post 73:
Let me explain myself... 1st is OMGUS in random voting, 2nd is when I see a reason to actually voting and (not bothering to go back and check who my random vote was on) unvote and revote,
Hang on there. Let's go look at that 2nd vote - it's in post 30. In that post, UROE calls zed a "funsucker" and votes for him because zed told him to stop making jokes. That's not a "reason to actually vote", it's the least serious reason ever. So basically, that explanation is full o' crap.
I shortly unvote and then revote jumping on the bandwagon VRK started
Er, yes. That's a recount of what happened and doesn't actually explain anything.

UROE elaborates a bit more in post 81 where he says he voted zed a 3rd time because he failed to "defend himself". Defend himself against what? The only attacks on him, UROE, were your random votes, and VRK deciding to start a totally random wagon on him. And after that random wagon started you gave him all of... 13 minutes before voting for him. So, you weren't really looking for zed to defend himself, you just jumped right on after it looked like you were getting some support for your reasonless attacks.

In other words, UnofficialRulerOfEveryone = lies upon lies. Scum, in my eyes.
It wasn't really a second vote, I'm just lazy and didn't go back to notice that he was my random vote. There is no reason to jump on me for a joke, this is happening to someone who is obviously protown in another one of my games and it is ridiculous. I see jumping on someone trying to make a joke into a real reason looks scummy to me, which is why this vote had a "reason", which is why I voted for him. I never said it explained anything, I just didn't want to leave anything out and get jumped on for that. I said look at the time stamps BEFORE the random wagon, he was given almost 13 HOURS, and the attack on me for that is also, ridiculous. I have to say that VRK's random bandwagonning is scummier, but has been forgotten because of what I did. Please re-read and try to understand somethings I said. Any response?
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:10 am

Post by caf19 »

There is no reason to jump on me for a joke, this is happening to someone who is obviously protown in another one of my games and it is ridiculous. I see jumping on someone trying to make a joke into a real reason looks scummy to me, which is why this vote had a "reason", which is why I voted for him.
OK, fair enough, so you did have a reason to vote for him. Except that was the reason for your FIRST vote and your second vote still doesn't really have a reason. This is at direct odds with what you said in post 73:
Let me explain myself... 1st is OMGUS in random voting, 2nd is when I see a reason to actually voting
What's up with the change of story?
I said look at the time stamps BEFORE the random wagon, he was given almost 13 HOURS,
Er, 13 hours isn't actually that long. Maybe 48 I could understand, but 13? Doesn't seem like an honest reason to me - I can't really envision you going "look, it's been 13 hours without that guy defending himself, I'd better put my vote on him for pressure". It seems far more likely that you thought to yourself, "look, someone else has voted for Zeddicus, now that I've got some support for my vote I can put it back on without looking scummy!"
Any response?
Yes: your explanations are largely unsatisfactory. However I'm pleased that you actually bothered to come out and defend yourself, unlike the multiple people who are happy just to lurk. So, I will take some time to evaluate whether your actions are scum or noob town. My vote stays on you for the moment though - you're not in immediate danger, and it seems to be provoking some nice responses :)

Anyway, time to call some people out.
Fox, you've been quiet for a while - any response to Marmalade's point about you in post 87?
Cookie Monster, you said you'd post on Monday... it's now Wednesday and we're still waiting. Share your opinions!
There are others who probably need prodding. Mod?
Marmalade
Marmalade
Goon
Marmalade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:55 am

Post by Marmalade »

Um, yeah:
Vote: UEOU
. I really don't like the story changes. Your explanations suggest that your reasons were constructed
after
you voted rather than before, which suggests that you were just being opportunistic. Adding to the arguments of caf, I am still curious as to why VKR's random bandwagonning has attracted so much suspicion, and I'd ask you why you consider it so scummy that it is currently being "ignored" as you say. Explanations.
Sign up for [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8094]Unanimous[/url] today!
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:35 am

It is being ignored, I am the only one being attacked, VRK started it, give me a reason for that. I haven't changed the story, other people have just said different things about it, the first vote was OMGUS, but it was in
random voting
stage. Also, Marmalade, if you are going to abbreviations at least make them make sense VKR and UEOU are wrong, it is VRK and UROE. Also, if you re-read VRK has said little since the start of the "random bandwagon".
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Okay I just finished with a post and the power flickered at my house and killed my post.

GRRR.

I will recreate.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

I definitely agree that UROE's triple voting on zeddicus is suspicious. But I don't understand the "changing his story" argument from caff, and I don't understand how marmalade could understand it or agree. Maybe this is just me. But I need clarification on this argument.

I also think that it's very suspicious that VRK and Snix has disappeared after coming under fire. And I do not like VRK's response to my suspicions. This is what he said:
VRK wrote:Have you read the game and looked at the time stamps? The game wasn't moving. That's the only reason I did it, plain and simple. If this is your only reason for putting me at the top of your scum list, you're gonna have to do better. This is not a scum tell.
I don't like when people respond by saying "I am not scummy and if you think I am, your are stupid." First of all, because saying something isn't scummy is not really a defense. Tells me nothing. And second, because saying someone is dumb for suspecting you is bullying. And trying to get them to leave you alone by insulting them. I don't like that at all.

Plus, that was his last post! He's like "I am not scummy" and disappears.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:51 am

Pink Puppy wrote:(SNIP)

I also think that it's very suspicious that VRK and Snix has disappeared after coming under fire.

(SNIP)
Thanks for that, I am amazed that I get attacked, it technically wasn't even a triple vote just a double (yeah, I know that's part of why I'm under attack), but they have been ignored, caf and marmalade, any reason they were left out of this? because they lurked?
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I suck.

caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:28 am

Post by caf19 »

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone wrote:caf and marmalade, any reason they were left out of this?
Yes: because you have acted more suspiciously. Participating in a "random wagon" is a pretty minor transgression. However, voting three times in quick succession (one of which is part of that random wagon), and then coming up with a shaky and inconsistent explanation as to why you did so, is flagrantly suspicious. That's why I went for you.

I agree that Snix and VRK should stop lurking though. I know VRK is posting in other threads; why not this one?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”