zeddicus
Townie
zeddicus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:54 am

Post by zeddicus »

vote: SniX

care to explain why voting me feels "real"?

I don't really find anyone that scummy, besides for the fact you just said my bandwagon feels "real", and it has nothing to go on.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Snix »

When I say real I mean something that isn't sitting around making OMGUS votes for laughs. It's something substantial, something that will get results of some sort. It got reactions from you, from other people.

Things are happening finally. I personally think we put you at L-1.
Cook!eMonst3r
Cook!eMonst3r
Townie
Cook!eMonst3r
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by Cook!eMonst3r »

Because marmalade tastes awesome. Don't tell me you are a jelly fan?
Haha sorry but i'm raspberry jam all the way :P
Roach
Roach
Goon
Roach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Roach »

Replacement for Eldritch Lord has been found. Awaiting confirmation.

-ROACH
(avvy courtesy of Diseased Productions, sig courtesy of orcam07 from ASN)
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Pink Puppy »

Hi!

I'm replacing. I'm gonna read the first couple pages then jump in...
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by populartajo »

Vote: VRK

Sorry, dude. You lied to us.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Pink Puppy »

Top suspects:

VRK
UnofficialRulerofEveryone
Snix
Cookie

Here's my reasons:

VRK: starts random bandwagon on zeddicus. I REALLY don't understand why people do this. Bandwagons are good. They tell you stuff. They pressure person being bandwagoned and they tell you who jumped on at what point. But if it's done randomly... what is the point?? There's nothing for zeddicus to resond to... and if you call other people scummy for jumping on, they just excuse it by saying -- "It was only random, calm down!"

URoE: votes zeddicus 3 times. One is an OMGUS. One is a bandwagon jump.

Snix: jumps on the random bandwagon and says the wagon is "something substantial." How is a random bandwagon something substantial? It is by definition built on NOTHING.

Cookie: Ignores bandwagon and talk of serious things to make joke in post 52. This is probably the vaguest of my feelings. But I feel that scum sometimes are reluctant to come out of joking phase because if they are attacked they can't say "I was only joking." This isn't something that would ever cause me to vote him, unless he continued to do this. Jokes are fine. I like them. But joking without contributing content sets off my scumdar.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by caf19 »

Snix wrote:Things are happening finally. I personally think we put you at L-1.
Snix - zeddicus said he would react at L-1 by claiming, then you say you want him to be at L-1. Why do you want him to claim so early on?

Also, no-one seems to have responded to my point that zed is only on 3 votes anyway, UROE just confused the mod by voting three times. I read through and I can ony count three - can anyone verify or refute this?
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Pink Puppy »

caf19 wrote:Also, no-one seems to have responded to my point that zed is only on 3 votes anyway, UROE just confused the mod by voting three times. I read through and I can ony count three - can anyone verify or refute this?
I think you're right that zedd is at 3 votes. Unless there's some really weird voting mechanic. But this is a mini normal, right? I think 5 votes was an error.

MOD -- how many votes does zedd have?

Zedd has...roughly 5 votes, give or take.

-ROACH
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Pink Puppy »

populartajo wrote:

Are you serious?

I see a reason to vote VRK, but this isn't it.
xXFoxXx
xXFoxXx
Townie
xXFoxXx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by xXFoxXx »

I don't see where VRK lied to us, what would he lie about in these 3 pages and what for?

I do see VRK as the most probable person right now to check out further, he seems to have a scummy air about him.

VRK has done about everything Snix, URoE, and Cookie have, plus tried to confuse the mod.
Cunning like a Fox
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

populartajo wrote:

Uh, what?

FoS: populartajo
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Pink Puppy wrote:Top suspects:

VRK
UnofficialRulerofEveryone
Snix
Cookie

Here's my reasons:

VRK: starts random bandwagon on zeddicus. I REALLY don't understand why people do this. Bandwagons are good. They tell you stuff. They pressure person being bandwagoned and they tell you who jumped on at what point. But if it's done randomly... what is the point?? There's nothing for zeddicus to resond to... and if you call other people scummy for jumping on, they just excuse it by saying -- "It was only random, calm down!"
Have you read the game and looked at the time stamps? The game wasn't moving. That's the only reason I did it, plain and simple. If this is your only reason for putting me at the top of your scum list, you're gonna have to do better. This is not a scum tell.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

I actually didn't pay attention to the time stamps. I can understand how slow games can be frustrating and people try to generate discussion to get things moving. I still don't like random bandwagons though.

Maybe you can change my mind. Please tell me the point of a RANDOM bandwagon, and how they can be useful.
xXFoxXx
xXFoxXx
Townie
xXFoxXx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:56 am

Post by xXFoxXx »

A random bandwagon can be useful for generating a response in situations where we have nothing to go on, and therefore discussion and we move forward in finding scum.

Equally as useful is the act of band wagoning itself, as it generates discussion and debates as to why, who, ect. And the more discussion, the easier it is to find scum.
Cunning like a Fox
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Snix »

caf19 wrote:
Snix wrote:Things are happening finally. I personally think we put you at L-1.
Snix - zeddicus said he would react at L-1 by claiming, then you say you want him to be at L-1. Why do you want him to claim so early on?

Also, no-one seems to have responded to my point that zed is only on 3 votes anyway, UROE just confused the mod by voting three times. I read through and I can ony count three - can anyone verify or refute this?
Because I'm sure anyone here could guess that if someone was at L-1 and a power pro-town he better claim. So all he's done so far is ousted himself. If the scum were half-way decent they'd NK, get another townie lynch today and be on the fast track to a win.

That's if he were an actual power role. It's a great defense to secretly state that you are very important to the town. That way people would lay off the wagon. Why state the obvious unless to set up a claim later?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by populartajo »

VRK wrote:7 would be L-1
Lie. I dont like it and I guess Im just exagerating but anyone could have believed that, and lynch someone without knowing and thinking that person was at L-1.
Making mistakes, in the other hand, its not a scumtell. Just taking notes for posterior situations.
VRK wrote:Have you read the game and looked at the time stamps? The game wasn't moving. That's the only reason I did it, plain and simple. If this is your only reason for putting me at the top of your scum list, you're gonna have to do better. This is not a scum tell.
But this isnt a town tell. Null? Yeah! I dont have much problem with starting a random badwagon tough, this game was pretty boring. What I dont like is the way that some people have jumped into it. I need a reread.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by populartajo »

I love clicking submit ratter than preview.
...... To complete my analysis, I dont know why I dont like Pink Puppy. Random votes are over? Blehhh, theres something scummy in his negation to the love of random bandwagons.
BTW, are there some lurkers in this game? Why dont you come up to the party? Prod lurkers. Too lazy to find them. Maybe tomorrow.
Call me Tajo.
zeddicus
zeddicus
Townie
zeddicus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:41 am

Post by zeddicus »

xXFoxXx wrote:Equally as useful is the act of band wagoning itself, as it
generates discussion and debates as to why, who, ect.
And the more discussion, the easier it is to find scum.
bolding for emphasis. not so in this case, where i was jumped on.
Snix wrote:Because I'm sure anyone here could guess that if someone was at L-1 and a power pro-town he better claim. So all he's done so far is ousted himself. If the scum were half-way decent they'd NK, get another townie lynch today and be on the fast track to a win.

That's if he were an actual power role. It's a great defense to secretly state that you are very important to the town. That way people would lay off the wagon. Why state the obvious unless to set up a claim later?
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but what you are saying here is: He crumbed power role! But, he might be trying to draw nightkills, so not have revealed himself as a power role!

As far as i can tell, it demonstrates nothing.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Snix »

zeddicus wrote: So, correct me if I'm wrong, but what you are saying here is: He crumbed power role! But, he might be trying to draw nightkills, so not have revealed himself as a power role!

As far as i can tell, it demonstrates nothing.
Yes, I am saying to Crumbed power role to stave off the bandwagon. But what would you claim that wouldn't get you killed anyways. We have an SK and a miller; and claiming miller is next to useless. So why would you even hint at being some special pro-town role? It demonstrates that you seem to be trying to subvert the bandwagon without actually doing anything that might start discussion.

Saying "I'm not going to respond until L-1" (not a direct quote) is basic saying "I see that you are trying to start discussion but I'm going to sit on my thumbs."

The way I see it: Not acting very Pro-town. Trying to confuse us.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by Pink Puppy »

So let me get this straight... you wanted him to claim off a random bandwagon? And see his refusal until L-1 as anti-town?
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

Hm wow some things starting to happen.

fos: snix
I not sure you're are sincere, it seems like maybe you are eager to reveal power roles, even bread crumbed power roles
fos: populartajo
also not sure you're are sincere behind your reasoning for the VRK vote
fos: Pink Puppy
your post 56 gives me the uneasy feeling. Maybe I'll be able to explain better if you post more scummy things. But if you're town you should ignore this advice.

I think I am wary mostly with Snix so
unvote vote Snix
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Snix »

Pink Puppy wrote:So let me get this straight... you wanted him to claim off a random bandwagon? And see his refusal until L-1 as anti-town?
No, where in that post does it say that. I see his refusal to do anything until L-1 as anti-town. I see the fact that he is trying to work us around by hinting that he's a power role in a setup that only has an SK and a miller. What would he claim that would be so important that we couldn't risk the fact that it's a fake claim? I'm wondering what makes him so special.
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by UnofficialRulerOfEveryone »

Pink Puppy wrote: URoE: votes zeddicus 3 times. One is an OMGUS. One is a bandwagon jump.
Let me explain myself... 1st is OMGUS in random voting, 2nd is when I see a reason to actually voting and (not bothering to go back and check who my random vote was on) unvote and revote, I shortly unvote and then revote jumping on the bandwagon VRK started, which I agree may make me look scummy, but really I only voted him twice, and the OMGUS vote changed into a vote with a small bit of reason. I guess I saw my jump back on zedd as just revoting since he didn't prove himself innocent.

And, just a thing on the setup a "psychotic madman" may be a PGO
Show
I OWN PANTS!

I am URoE! Ruler of all things stupid!

Town: 1 - 4
Scum: 1 - 2

I suck.

[01:53:40] <@Phayt> ATTENTION DUELISTS
[01:53:51] <@Phayt> i'd just like to express derision and amusement that someone considers uroe to be a good player
Cook!eMonst3r
Cook!eMonst3r
Townie
Cook!eMonst3r
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Cook!eMonst3r »

Hey all, i'm at a tournament for the weekend. I'll post back when I get home Monday.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”