thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Lalmtreasteek wrote:it was totally unclear that the accusation was baseless. Seems like you always assumed for some reason that the accusation was baseless. I don't understand why.
What accusation are you refering to?
It is I who also do not understand!
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Occult »

We lynch someone now we got nothing to go off tom.

Guppy is too goddamn close to a lynch, we need a few Unvotes here or we may waste a day (if Guppy is town).

@Guppy, the first post is going to be a throw away post.....
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

avinashv wrote:I'm going to
FoS: Guppy
for aforementioned reasons. I'd vote, but I don't know when the votecount was updated, and I am not sure if I want to hammer
right now
your actualy considered hammering him?
unvote vote avanashv
Do you want your possessions identified?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Wow, what a hectic start. We all seem to be arguing about random voting, I've always just assumed that it's a good way to get discussion happening but then again, I haven't seen a baseless accusation so early in the day!

Anyway, it seems obvious that hammering so early into the day probably isn't the best town orrientated strategy, nor is self voting.. the only thing it ever seems to do is bring up cries of WIFOM later on in the game which always hurt my head.
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Niv »

The Niv realized his first style of VC was stupid VC:

SensFan
Erratus Apathos
Prof. Guppy - , Lalmtreasteek, killa seven, SensFan, Prof. Guppy
Occult - MightyFireball, thevampireofdusseldorf
killa seven
avinashv - Erratus Apathos
Ration
MikeyDaMan - Awesome Pants
MightyFireball
thevampireofdusseldorf
Awesome Pants
Lalmtreasteek

Should be accurate
Last edited by Niv on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:38 pm

mod: Guppy unovted occult post 45
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:44 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Unvote

Ha! My self voting-strategy worked again.

But seriously, I don't understand why Llamatek, or whoever, is so keen on lynching me. I'm clearly not scum, so how come he thinks so?
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:
Lalmtreasteek wrote:it was totally unclear that the accusation was baseless. Seems like you always assumed for some reason that the accusation was baseless. I don't understand why.
What accusation are you refering to?
It is I who also do not understand!
The same accusation you refer to in post 46
I.E. Occult's question of Guppy.

to guppy: I am not sold on lynching you or even that you are scum. I think you are worth a vote, yes absolutely.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:20 am

Post by Occult »

Prof. Guppy wrote:
Unvote

But seriously, I don't understand why Llamatek, or whoever, is so keen on lynching me. I'm clearly not scum, so how come he thinks so?
Self-voting is one of the most retarded things you can do.

Its like robbing a bank and shooting yourself to show the cops your serious about killing hostages.

And no, you're in no way "clearly not scum".
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:56 am

Post by avinashv »

Unvote (if I am voting), Vote: Ration

I don't think he has posted this game yet, and if he is scum, he is getting away happily lurking in the shadows and letting the attention stay away from him.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:02 am

Post by MightyFireball »

And what exactly would that be? Voting yourself to get others to unvote? I've seen that work to the self-voters disadvantage several times. Later in the game, self-voting is seen as an act of defeatism and will often be added to the list of scummy things a person has done. However, this early, it probably won't do much harm.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:43 am

Post by killa seven »

Prof. Guppy wrote:
Unvote

im keeping my vote on you just for this post scumbag.
Ration
Ration
Goon
Ration
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Ration »

avinashv, you are correct in your thinking of me not posting yet, I will post more when we have more to talk about.
HAPPY 420!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:09 am

Post by SensFan »

killa seven wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:
Unvote

im keeping my vote on you just for this post scumbag.
QFT.

As a Town player, avoiding getting lynched is second on your priorities, after scumcatching. Scums have avoiding getting lynched on top.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:02 am

Mod could you prod mikeydamam?
thanks
MightyFireball wrote:
guppy wrote:Ha! My self voting-strategy worked again.
And what exactly would that be?
I second this questoin, what exactly what were you expeting to gain from elf voting?
Ration wrote:avinashv, you are correct in your thinking of me not posting yet, I will post more when we have more to talk about.
Theres plenty to talk about especialy the guppy wagon. trying to avoiding givving an opionion on it?
Ration
Ration
Goon
Ration
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Ration »

Erratus Apathos, no.
HAPPY 420!
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:25 pm

I know occult is scum and my suspicion of his partners are Lalmtreasteek and Erratus Apathos.
Ok you guys might not like what im about to do but here goes anyways:
I am the
cop
and I got a guilty result on occult. I assume to be a sane cop as this is most common I believe for this sort of game. I am not expecting a counter claim from the town but maybe from any of the mafia so I will have to hope the town beieves in my claim.

I think Lalmtreasteek has already tried to suggest occult could be cop
Lalmtreasteek wrote:I think Occults question as a scum tactic is not so likely - do you think Prof. Guppy's joking response was reassuring? I think how you feel about this would determine whether Occult deserves an attack.
If Guppy stinks consider that Occult might know something
this is very good scum play to me try and set up one of your team as a possible cop early on this is part of the reason for me to claim so early and the guilty result on occult.
Mafia are certainly not going to like this claim and will try and throw as much doubt as they can onto this so all I can ask is for the townies to believe me as cop and in my sanity, thus we can lynch scum day one doc protect me at night and investigate one of the mentioned above of as a sign of faith anyone the majority want me to investigate.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by SensFan »

Unvote, Vote: Occult

I'm not going against an uncountered Cop claim. A counter is the only thing I can see changing my vote.

That doesn't mean I like the play by vamp, though. Relies way too much on a Doc to work. Also there was no real need for you to come out this early.

Minor FoS: Vamp
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:10 pm

As I said I saw Lalmtreasteek suggesting the idea that occut could be cop. If he had claimed before me it would then make my "im cop occult is scum" look a lot more unbelievable. This is my 3rd game started and none so far are past day one so I don't know too much of the nuances of this game yet. I was personaly reluctant to claim so early but given there was no nk we have a very good chance (if im sane) to lynch scum day one and get another investgation done. I do believe Lalmtreasteek is the best choice for me to investigate.

All you guys have to do is trust me day one and see if occult turns up guilty thus assuring me of my sanity, and obviously assuring you of my genuine claim.

If someone could help me by explaining a little bit about role interactions/observations.
What roles are there capable of viewing night actions, like who could see who was prtecded by whom or who was investigated by whom?
Also I assume that the doc can protect me night one and I am safe to have a second investigation and will only be nked when the doctor is found and killed by mafia, or if the mafia or a sk has a one shot unstoppable nk? (the second part I find rather hard to imagine in this sort of game)
Is it likely there is a sk?

And if you guys would like to put in a unoffical vote to me on who you would like to investigate before we lynch I am happy to do the towns bidding.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:I think Lalmtreasteek has already tried to suggest occult could be cop
Lalmtreasteek wrote:I think Occults question as a scum tactic is not so likely - do you think Prof. Guppy's joking response was reassuring? I think how you feel about this would determine whether Occult deserves an attack.
If Guppy stinks consider that Occult might know something
this is very good scum play to me try and set up one of your team as a possible cop early on this is part of the reason for me to claim so early and the guilty result on occult.
I didn't "suggest Occult could be cop" he himself suggested he might have role information from his role when he said that! I thought maybe he was roleblocker actually.

If you didn't claim cop just now, I would ask you again why you thought his accusation had to be baseless. If youre cop I can understand a little bit, but even so, even if you are a cop that doesn't mean other players can't have information from their roles.

unvote
for now. I'm not sure if I like the claim.

I have no idea why, vampire would think he should investigate me, just because I thought somebody else might have role information!
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MightyFireball wrote:
And what exactly would that be? Voting yourself to get others to unvote?
Well, yes, that, but also, I wanted everyone to reexamine their reasons for voting for me in the first place. In almost every game I've played, I've drawn suspicion for doing something that, at least to me, wasn't scummy at all. After playing the 'woe is me' thing, they ask me to quit being so emo or whatever and ask me to defend myself. I ask what the charges against me are, and I answer them. Then, everyone realizes I'm town, and we can all go back to hunting scum.

As long as I'm here, I'm going to
Vote: Occult
. I have no reason not to believe the vamp's cop claim.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by SensFan »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:If he had claimed before me it would then make my "im cop occult is scum" look a lot more unbelievable.
Actually, its pretty much the opposite.

Unless the Town is in LyLo, you should always lynch the counter-claim first. A 1-for-1 trade is fine for the Town, but dreadful for the scums. That's why it is assumed Scum will not counter until they need to. Cop with a Guilty is the obvious exception to the rule.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:46 pm

that claim was NEEDLES. Be that as it may Ill wait to see anyone counterclams then vote.
thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:As I said I saw Lalmtreasteek suggesting the idea that occut could be cop. If he had claimed before me it would then make my "im cop occult is scum" look a lot more unbelievable. This is my 3rd game started and none so far are past day one so I don't know too much of the nuances of this game yet. I was personaly reluctant to claim so early but given there was no nk we have a very good chance (if im sane) to lynch scum day one and get another investgation done. I do believe Lalmtreasteek is the best choice for me to investigate.
It isnt a good idea to let scum know who you're investgating. if they know you're investigating a townie they could nk him denying you the investigation Or worse they might have framer

All you guys have to do is trust me day one and see if occult turns up guilty thus assuring me of my sanity, and obviously assuring you of my genuine claim.

If someone could help me by explaining a little bit about role interactions/observations.
What roles are there capable of viewing night actions, like who could see who was prtecded by whom or who was investigated by whom?
Trackers can choose a player at inght and see if who anyine else targetted that player. there are some a few others see the wiki: Category:Informative roles
Also I assume that the doc can protect me night one and I am safe to have a second investigation and will only be nked when the doctor is found and killed by mafia, or if the mafia or a sk has a one shot unstoppable nk? (the second part I find rather hard to imagine in this sort of game)
Is it likely there is a sk?
Sk would mean there is two kills last night and that were BOTH prevetned. this is not at all likely

And if you guys would like to put in a unoffical vote to me on who you would like to investigate before we lynch I am happy to do the towns bidding.
again the scum should not know who the cop is targetting
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:48 pm

Of course my claim will give the shits to the mafia of which I at this stage presume you to be.
Lalmtreasteek wrote:I would ask you again why you thought his accusation had to be baseless.
Well given I got a guilty result on occult how could I interperate that occults question of guppy was anything but baseless unless guppy was also scum but who would give their partner such attention in the first page.
Lalmtreasteek wrote:I didn't "suggest Occult could be cop" he himself suggested he might have role information from his role when he said that! I thought maybe he was roleblocker actually.
ok so you took this
occult wrote:I would like to question Prof. Guppy on why he didn't kill anybody yesterday though, were you blocked?
to mean "I have role information (on guppy)" and what sort of rb did you think him to be and as a rb how would he then have info on guppy?

Sorry if im not getting the whole role interaction and rbs exact capabilties but if someone could clarify on what I ask re this earlier that would help me a great deal.
Lalmtreasteek wrote:I have no idea why, vampire would think he should investigate me, just because I thought somebody else might have role information!
Seems to me you are worried about having an investigation done on you even though you say your not sure you like my claim, seems paradoxical to not be too keen on my claim but also worried about me investigating you.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:ok so you took this
occult wrote:I would like to question Prof. Guppy on why he didn't kill anybody yesterday though, were you blocked?
to mean "I have role information (on guppy)" and what sort of rb did you think him to be and as a rb how would he then have info on guppy?
As I said, he could potentially be a roleblocker. As in the role called roleblocker. So, on the first night, he could block Guppy. Observe no deaths. Try to find out if it because Guppy was the sent killer.
Lalmtreasteek wrote:I have no idea why, vampire would think he should investigate me, just because I thought somebody else might have role information!
Seems to me you are worried about having an investigation done on you even though you say your not sure you like my claim, seems paradoxical to not be too keen on my claim but also worried about me investigating you.
I clarify then: I don't see why you suspected me as scum when you wrote post 66. I think my respponse to Occult's accusation, I.E. not assume its just nothing, is the natural one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”