Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

For a microsecond, I thought that maybe there
were
no mafia. But then I remembered that Occult was Mafia RB. Anyhoo, about Occult's last minute WIFOM, I find that the only winning move in that game is not to play.

Right now, I have no leads on anybody, but I plan to do some PBPA on people, and see what I can come up with.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

I wanted to rule out occults WIFOM post so I investigated Lalm. I'm going to assume hes town, as a godfather, roleblocker and goon seems a little overpowered in this size game. So I am also more likely to belive ration is innocent.
Guppy is still a posibility as occult could have been trying to set up a distancing move with him.
FoS:Erratus Apathos, avinashv

both very vocal in congatulating the doc.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Unvote

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:I wanted to rule out occults WIFOM post so I investigated Lalm. I'm going to assume hes town, as a godfather, roleblocker and goon seems a little overpowered in this size game.
That depends on how many power roles there are in the town has and how good the mod is at balence and a number of other facters we couldn't know of, so realy we cant just assume thers no gf. off course its not a good idea to lynch lalm now, just keep in mind not ro rule him out when were in LyLo.
So I am also more likely to belive ration is innocent.
that doesn't even make any sense why would you belive that? Occult is scum. trusting scum i
always
a bad idea.

Ill look for another lead in the meantime I noticed mdm never siad anything day 1.
vote: mikeydaman
post or roast!
Do you want your possessions identified?
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:40 pm

All we have to go off of as fact at this stage is occult is scum I am cop and there is almost certainly a doc.
Im also inclined to belive scum would like to propagate the idea that a godfather could exist knowing we have an active cop
vote:Erratus Apathos
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

Hm, I wanted to suggest perhaps if vampire had an innocent that he should not reveal it unless that person would be lynched. Since we shouldn't fear that vampire will die.

From my posts about investigations I think it should be not likely that I am a godfather. Think what you want.

I not too impressed. You should have investigated Ration, also mentioned by Occult, I am at least posting enough that you can have an opinion about me.

Seriously it is obvious that scum Occult when suggesting his own partners would pick me
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

That depends on how many power roles there are in the town has
Stoffer's 3rd Law: More power roles does not necessarily make the town better. I think that it is very unlikely that there is a godfather, given the size of the game, and I am therefore trusting of vampire's results.

I suppose it is possible that vampire could be pulling off an elaborate scum plot in which he claims cop with a guilty result on one of his partners. We then lynch his partner, securing him favor with the town as a confirmed cop. Then, the scum don't night-kill anyone night two, and then vampire can claim that he was protected by the doctor, further securing his position with the town. The scum can then sacrifice themselves, riding his position to a win. I haven't seen any evidence of this, and I don't necessarily believe it myself, but it's something to keep in mind.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Post by killa seven »

fos ap
vote hoping so far.. and hammering occult after he had been hammered. (as pointed out by the mod)[/b]
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:12 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

MightyFireball wrote:I suppose it is possible that vampire could be pulling off an elaborate scum plot in which he claims cop with a guilty result on one of his partners. We then lynch his partner, securing him favor with the town as a confirmed cop. Then, the scum don't night-kill anyone night two, and then vampire can claim that he was protected by the doctor, further securing his position with the town. The scum can then sacrifice themselves, riding his position to a win. I haven't seen any evidence of this, and I don't necessarily believe it myself, but it's something to keep in mind.
This plan is so dangerous because a real cop could counterclaim. Or investigate the "other" cop at some point. Maybe could be a good move sometime but I don't think, on day 1, before there is any info known about the setup.
Lalmtreasteek
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Lalmtreasteek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:14 am

Post by Lalmtreasteek »

Niv wrote:MikeyDaMan has been infored the game has now started, he has one RL day to post when I open the thread from night before replace/modkill
Let try replace first
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

After an extensive PBPA on avinashv, I noticed that, in addtion to congratulating the doc, also offers up a lot of insight, but very little content. He can't seem to keep track of his voting patterns, either.

In conclusion, either my scumdar is malfunctioning (again), or avin is not as pro-town as he wants us to believe.

FoS: Avinashv

It may become a vote if'n he don't defend hisself.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:35 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

I don't think it's likly that lalm is a gf either, just that we shouldn't rule it out that there is a fgf because it there is one and we ruled it uot then we lose. Of coufrse until we are in Lylo (assumming three scum) we should consider him a Confirmed townie.
killa seven wrote:
fos ap
vote hoping so far.. and hammering occult after he had been hammered. (as pointed out by the mod)[/b]
I think you that mean me here ap never change his vote or voted occult

Vote hoping is, by itself a stupd thing to use as a scum tell espicialy day one. presuring people into posting isthe Town's est weapon and voting is one way og getting that done.

Why o you think Miscounting the votes is a scum tell?
Do you want your possessions identified?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:42 am

Post by avinashv »

FoS: Prof. Guppy

What's wrong with congratulating the doctor? Assuming that there is one, and assuming that he protected the cop, and assuming the mafia for some reason targeted the cop, I think the doctor did good.

Can't keep track of voting patterns? At that point the mod was keeping track of voting as a tally. Keeping track of voting is the mod's job, not mine. I was the
third
person to vote for a voting count that included names for this very reason.

Very little content? It's not like a lot happened in D1, but I think I made good cases against all my FoS's and against Ration. I voted Occult because the cop wasn't counter-claimed.

This is coming from someone who took a self-vote to get sympathy unvotes and is pushing baseless accusations on me.

Vampire: what is wrong with congratulating the doc?
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:48 am

Post by avinashv »

How many scum can we expect in such a small game? I'm going to take a gander and say 3, because it seems to me like Guppy is trying to protect his scum-buddy Ration by specifically targeting me for his "PBPA".
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:15 am

Post by MightyFireball »

This plan is so dangerous because a real cop could counterclaim.
I actually thought of that this morning. I'll withdraw my theory for now, but if a counterclaim comes, I'll reconsider it.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by killa seven »

Erratus Apathos wrote:I don't think it's likly that lalm is a gf either, just that we shouldn't rule it out that there is a fgf because it there is one and we ruled it uot then we lose. Of coufrse until we are in Lylo (assumming three scum) we should consider him a Confirmed townie.
killa seven wrote:
fos ap
I think you that mean me here ap never change his vote or voted occult

Vote hoping is, by itself a stupd thing to use as a scum tell espicialy day one. presuring people into posting isthe Town's est weapon and voting is one way og getting that done.

Why o you think Miscounting the votes is a scum tell?
yea your right i meant ep not ap.. thanks for clearing that up
its not just vote hoping i meant uve been bandwagon hoping, maybe its a new thing or a scum thing who knows..
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Niv »

Well, You guys may not want to lynch anyone for a week. the vacation i had planned for Mar 12 - 17 just suddenly lost an Internet connection and as far as i know this is a problem. this game will be mod Absent for an extended period. please continue without me. Sorry, Also, Ration has requested replacement.

will be around until Tuesday though.

Appologies again
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:18 am

Well guys what about a no lynch vote............?

Less chance of getting the doc killed and its not like we are in any real dangerous situation.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:35 am

Post by Awesome Pants »

A no lynch would give the scum a bigger chance to hit the doc, I'm betting that they'll try and pick off any confirmed town members. However, we'll also get info regarding someone's alignment so I guess it could be worth it.
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:10 am

........How would a no lynch give the scum a better chance to hit the doc?
If we lynch scum (presuming there are 3 mafia) the mafia still have the same chance of hitting doc, but if we lynch a townie we narrow down the possibilities for the scum.
And if we put scum (or the doc) close to lynch they will obviously claim doc and who would lynch them then and would the real doc claim (I think not) as that would give the mafia their nk.
We risk a whole lot less with a no lynch than a lynch.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:27 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

avinashv wrote: What's wrong with congratulating the doctor? Assuming that there is one, and assuming that he protected the cop, and assuming the mafia for some reason targeted the cop, I think the doctor did good.
Yes, the doctor did do a good thing for the town. But that's not the point. The point is you felt the need to announce it to everyone. Mafia often do that to vent their frustration at being denied a NK.

avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 am

Post by avinashv »

Prof. Guppy wrote:Mafia often do that to vent their frustration at being denied a NK.
Or a townie could do it to voice his praise/excitement.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:44 am

Post by SensFan »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:would the real doc claim (I think not) as that would give the mafia their nk.
Everyone should claim their role, no matter what.
NEVER
lie about your role as Town.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

avinashv wrote: Or a townie could do it to voice his praise/excitement.
Townies usually don't celebrate the doctor's successes because they know it will make them look like Mafia. More often than not, a "Go Doc!" comes from scum over town.

BTW, the real doc probably would claim, even if it did mean getting NK'd. I believe it was SensFan who said "As town, survival is your number two priority"

thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:22 pm

Ok so doc would claim, that still means we lose the doc if we lynch scum today.
I dont mind either no lynch or lynch as if we get scum I still get two investigations done before I am unprotected.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Ah correction one investigation, so I
vote: no lynch

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”