destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 568 - Nubigena (Game over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Nubigena [::.

A Storm is Brewing

Clouds are gathering, growing pregnant with rain that will soon fall.

From here, the tale of Nubigena, an ancient town suffering an escalating criminal dilemma, will flow. Where the stream takes us is up to you.

.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.

Game over. Click here to read the final scene, see who won and role PMs.

Backup Mod:
Patrick[/size]

.::] Still standing [::.

Y,
Fat_Tony

jerubbaal2,
Imat

Incognito
Mizzy,
Mafiaplayer

gorckat,
the_cat_herder

Ripley,
thephantom

ooba,
XReyoX

.::] Where the Stream Flowed [::.

Born of a Cloud

Enki the Mystic (NPC)
- Soothsayer (Died pre-game)

Aleard (NPC)
- Mafia Godfather (Died pre-game)

Other residents of Nubigena (NPCs)
- Townspeople (Died pre-game)

First Blood Flows

avinashv
- Vigilante (Killed Night 0)

Niv
Sammich
- Townsperson (Lynched Day 1)

Mourning Death

jerubbaal
- Townsperson (Killed Night 1)

Lowell
- Townsperson (Lynched Day 2)

Gunpowder

Near
- Gunsmith (Killed Night 2)

Last edited by destructor on Wed May 28, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 27 times in total.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:45 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Rules [::.

(Inspired by Aimee who shamelessly stole them from yellowbounder.)
Basics

1. Unless otherwise stated in your role PM, the game takes place in this thread -
do not discuss it anywhere else.
Doing so will get you modkilled or immediately replaced.
2. Do not quote
any
PM you receive from the Mod. Doing so will get you modkilled.
3. If you believe I've made an error as the mod, send me a PM. Please avoid posting about such things in the thread.

Voting, Lynching and Deaths

4. Any voting action must be bolded -
Vote: destructor
, etc.
5. You must
Unvote
before placing another vote.
Any votes placed without unvoting first will not be counted
6. A lynch occurs when a player has an absolute majority of votes on them.
6.1. If a Day makes it to deadline without a player reaching an absolute majority of votes there will be no lynch.
7. Once a lynch occurs, the game enters "twiglight". During this time, the lynched player may not post in the thread. Other players are free to continue talking but votes can not be cast.
8. A modkill will end the Day.
9. Once a player is dead, they cannot contribute anymore to the game. They are not to post
anything
besides a single simple "Bah!" or "Go town!" post.

Activity

10. You've joined this game. Treat it as a commitment, a fun commitment. =)
11. After 72 hours of inactivity without notice, you will receive a prod from me.
12. Prods must be responded to
in thread
13. If you do not reply to your prod within 48 hours you will be replaced.
14. There is a 3 prod limit. Another 72 hours of inactivity without notice will be get you replaced. This is negotiable.

Conduct

15. Be courteous and respectful to your fellow players.
16. Blatantly antisocial and offensive behaviour or personal attacks will be grounds for replacement at my own discretion. If you have a problem with this, consult the Forum Rules and Guidlines or the site's admin. But let's hope it never gets there. =)
17. Finally, Mafia is for fun, so enjoy yourself!

All Townspeople have received the following PM.

Townsperson Role PM
The sun has set and moonlight streams into your living room. A storm has formed outside and you're glad you're not out there in it. But the storm isn't the only reason to stay indoors. Crime has risen in the town of Nubigena and bodies have been turning up with increasing frequency.

As you sit in contemplation, you hear a loud gunshot from the direction of the town's pub. You jump up in a start but are quickly knocked back down as the ground shakes violently and you hear what sounds like a ferocious river and loud rumbling all around you. All at once, silence returns and the storm ends...

This tale continues here: Mini 568 - Nubigena

As a
Townsperson
you have no special abilities besides your wits and your vote. Use them well.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Please confirm via PM by:

1. Naming your role name and describing your abilities, if any; and
2. Naming which number the following rule is:
Mini 568 Rules wrote:
[random rule]
Last edited by destructor on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Born of a Cloud [::.

"He's at it again is he?" asked Aleard, a man in his late fifties, as he joined his old friends around a table at Nubigena's local drinking hole - Mother's Pitcher. "Mother's" for short.
"No surprises," replied Rayer, a friend since childhood, "The old man is being himself. Although I admit he's sounding more ominous than usual."
"What's the matter?" laughed Emerlyn, another childhood friend, "Are you actually paying him attention? With all the trouble this town's been facing recently, the raving rants of a superstitious idiot are the last things I want to bother with. I mean, poor Francis, found dead in a gutter, shot in his chest point blank. Such a promising young nurse, too."
"Agreed," Aleard added quickly, glancing at the pub's entrance as someone walked by.
"Expecting someone?" asked Rayer, taking a sip from his pint glass.
"Oh, no no," he replied after a slight pause, "Just thought I saw someone I knew is all."

Nubigena, its name meaning 'born of a cloud', was an ancient town. There were many accounts of its history, all bearing a similar thread with differing twists, the turn of each era marked by rainfall. It was told as legend that the town was eternal, it's history repeating over and over. But that was all folklore. Besides, the townsfolk had more immediate matters to concern themselves with.

Morbid events were becoming more frequent in Nubigena. It almost seemed that every other night, someone had either been killed or put within an inch of death. At the same time, certain questionable individuals were, out of the blue, suddenly living lives of great affluence. Stock was going missing, deliveries were not being made, and various traders were selling goods well below the prices of their competition. Something was not right. The problems were either too much for the town's law enforcers to handle or they were being given a good reason to look the other way. Yes, Nubigena had seen better days.

The sun was making its final descent over the horizon, though with the overcast it could hardly be seen. Clouds had been gathering throughout the day, brewing what looked to be a fierce storm. With a crash of thunder, the first drops of rain began to fall making loud damp thuds as they hit the pub's roof.

"Hey, it's about time I got myself one of those," Aleard said pointing at his companions beverages.
"No problem, we'll be right here," said Emerlyn as Aleard stood from the table.

As Aleard headed towards the bar, a chilly wind blew through the pub's entrance, making its way to the old man Aleard spoke of. The man, a self-proclaimed soothsayer, referred to himself as Enki the Mystic. As the wind blew against him, Enki paused from his ramblings, pulling his cloak closer around his body, looking around almost maniacally. His gaze fell upon Aleard. Eyes narrowing, he hurried over to him. Before Aleard knew it, Enki was in his face, eyes staring deep into his own, piercing.

"Tonight! Yes, I saw it! As has always been seen in all times past! Tonight, it all ends and beings!" he declared aloud, grabbing Aleard's arm, "Honest and upright,
delinquent and devious
- mark my words! What we know will be washed away and this town will be born again!"
Aleard stared at Enki, stunned for a brief second, before prying the old man's hand from his arm.
"How
dare
you lay your hand on me," said Aleard furiously, flinging Enki's arm away, a flurry of emotion mysteriously manifesting, "You, old man, are insane. Your words mean nothing."

Another deafening crash of thunder erupted as the wind intensified, making the pub's windows rattle violently.

Enki seemed to be in a trance, then all at once struck out of it.
"You! I have seen you! I have seen who you are!" he proclaimed at the top of his lungs pointing an accusing finger at Aleard, causing all in the Pub to stop their conversations short.

Aleard fell back, shocked by the words of the mystic, feeling a wild and raging panic build within him.
"Shut it, old man!" he said through clenched teeth.

"You will not live to see tomorrow, Aleard," the Mystic said calmly, "But unlike you and those that have fallen by your hand, your legacy will live on. Your Mafiosi will outlive you."

While the storm outside grew wilder and wilder, Mother's remained in complete silence. Rayer and Emerlyn slowly stood from their table, confused by what they were witnessing. To their horror, Aleard pulled a gun from his vest, pushing the barrel against at Enki's chest. There were screams and suddenly the Pub was in an uproar, people ducking under tables and making for the exit. Enki stood still, seemingly oblivious to his surroundings, staring into Aleard's eyes.

"It matters not what happens here now," he said as hysteria abounded around them. More thunder struck and now the rain could be heard like brutal punches against the earth.

Aleard, gripping the firearm with all his might, pulled the trigger, firing a shot into Enki's chest. The old man gasped, wide eyed, his knees buckling before collapsing to the floor.

Aleard looked about him, his heart skipping a beat. What was happening? What had he done? The faces of those around him were filled with dread. The wind began howling through the pub blowing with so much force that the pub's doors and windows had been blasted open allowing storm water to burst through. Tables were overturned, glasses shattering. The very walls of the building began rattling as plaster fell from the ceiling. Giant crashes were heard outside and before anyone knew it, the Pubs walls caved in, water flooding in like rapids, bringing the entire building collapsing down upon all inside.

The storm having subdued, you make your way outside to survey the damage. Street after street you find nothing but ruin, amazed that your own dwelling was untouched. You head straight to the city centre, to Mother's, where you heard a gunshot just moments before the storm ended. As you approach you notice that eleven others are making their way there too. To your dismay, you are all greeted by the the collapsed remains of the old pub.

As the group of twelve came near the remains of Mother's, they noticed someone moving in the rubble through the moonlight. Enki, the old Mystic, came crawling out, drenched in water and the blood that ran from the bullet wound in his chest. He pulled himself forward before turning to face the gathered crowd. Through shallow, interrupted breaths he spoke.

"So it ended. So it begins," he said, eyes starting to close and his head unsteady, as if he was falling asleep. Becoming alert, he spoke again, now with a certain determination, "The trails of Nubigena are not over. There remain amongst you those that seek this town as their own. They will destroy all that stand in their way unless they are stopped! It is not for me to say whose end is more worthy, but only that an end
must
be met and
blood will be spilt
to meet it. This, it was seen and has been foreseen in all times past!"

Enki stopped. One by one, he looked deeply into the eyes of all the twelve gathered then spoke one last time.

"All prophesies end here. In destruction comes renewal and rebirth. The future of Nubigena now lies in your hands. Make of it what you will."

With that, Enki lay down and closed his eyes, his life finally leaving his body.

Enki the Mystic (NPC)
- Soothsayer (Died pre-game)

Aleard (NPC)
- Mafia Godfather (Died pre-game)

All but twelve residents of Nubigena (NPCs)
- Townspeople (Died pre-game)

It is now Night 0.

Deadline for Night actions is Feb 29, 03:00 GMT.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] First Blood Flows [::.

After a brief and solemn discussion, the residents of Nubigena walked away from the remains of Mother's with burdened minds. None had any doubt of Enki's words. He had spoken with such purpose and resolve that all had been touched and knew it to be true. It had been decided that they would all reconvene at the town centre in the morning to decide how they would deal with the issues they now faced, even if only to delay the bloodshed Enki had foretold.

However, as it turned out, not all shared this diplomatic vision.

The break of dawn was marked by a gunshot. The Nubigenans ran to the source, the home of avinashv. As they all arrived, avinash staggered out, clutching at a bullet wound in his chest, his hands bloody and eyes teary. Looking at the gathered crowd his eyes sparked with recognition and he tried to speak, gasping desperately for air. The pain he felt slowly overwhelming him, he fell to his knees as he reached desperately for something at his side. Finally, he collapsed to the ground, dead. First blood had been drawn.

As avinashv's body was carefully turned over, something fell from it - a gun, Nubigenan made. It seemed that avinashv was a loyal Nubigenan vigilante.

The town could wait no longer. Enki's words resonating in their minds, they knew that those responsible for this had to be found and killed before it was too late.

avinashv
- Vigilante (Killed Night 0)

It is now Day 1.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Extendable deadline for Day 1 is Apr 2, 03:00 GMT.

Please note that Rule 2 has been amended.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by avinashv »

Bah...enjoy the game and go town!
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:51 am

Post by Mafiaplayer »

Okay, I roleclaim vanilla townie. Now, I vote Avinashv for saying Bah... before saying go town!
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:51 am

Post by Mafiaplayer »

[b]Vote:avinashv[/b]
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:04 am

Post by XReyoX »

Vote: Mafiaplayer
for being such a noob.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Lowell »

vote incognito
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:36 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote: Imat

for being about a millimeter above my name.
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Sammich »

<1>d<11>
[/dice]
Coming sometime: [i]Kirby Mafia[/i]
Back, yep
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Sammich »

Good for nothing html codes...
I rolled a dice in real life.
Vote Sammich
Coming sometime: [i]Kirby Mafia[/i]
Back, yep
the_cat_herder
the_cat_herder
Townie
the_cat_herder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:24 am

Post by the_cat_herder »

vote: Fat_Tony

for being a cartoon mafia guy
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Incognito »

Mafiaplayer wrote:
Vote:avinashv
Mafiaplayer, did you even in fact read the opening post? Avinashv (vigilante) was killed during the Night. Further, why are you claiming Vanilla townie in the opening post?
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Imat »

Vote: Sammich
for rolling a die and voting himself.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by thephantom »

[/b]vote:the_cat_herder
for thinking that cats can be herded. They in fact cannot be and are evil
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Mafiaplayer »

I also [b]Vote: Sammich[/b]. Sounds like someone trying to make people feel sorry for him.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

Vote: Incognito
<><
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Mafiaplayer (1)
- XReyoX
Incognito (2)
- Lowell, jerubbaal
Imat (1)
- Incognito
Sammich (2)
- Sammich, Imat
Fat_Tony (1)
- the_cat_herder

Not Voting (4) - Fat_Tony, Mafiaplayer, Near, thephantom

Six
votes makes a lynch.

Remember that votes need to be bolded to count.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:42 am

Post by Fat_Tony »

Vote: mafiaplayer
for voting for a corpse initially.
Fatter, but still not Tony...

Record as town: 2-4 (33%)
Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Mafiaplayer »

Vote:Sammich
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Incognito »

Incognito wrote:
Mafiaplayer wrote:
Vote:avinashv
Mafiaplayer, did you even in fact read the opening post? Avinashv (vigilante) was killed during the Night. Further, why are you claiming Vanilla townie in the opening post?
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by thephantom »

vote:the_cat_herder
sorry about that mess up on the other post.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by XReyoX »

MafiaPlayer-

Are you avoiding Incognito's question?
Mafiaplayer
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Mafiaplayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:11 am

Post by Mafiaplayer »

Actually, I didn't read the opening post (other then the rules).
Anyone who would actually play mafia sucsk

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”