DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

springlullaby wrote:Man, I hate losing. At least I didn't infect DGB. DoS, the truth now, did you write 'antidote' thinking it looked more innocent than vaccine?
Nope... I seriously consider both of them to be the same exact thing.
Battle Mage wrote:argh, i just realised i saved the scum. -.-
Thanks BM! <3
Skruffs wrote:Don't think anyone played dumbly.. I am guessing that DoS claiomed mason on a whim and wound up running wiht it.. but I was flabbergasted when Dahen also went along with it!
Alright so this has a story behind it. I decided upon getting my role that I was a mason if I ever needed to claim in this game. I let myself think that until it felt natural to do so after getting infected. I lucked out that BM could protect me. Then people started asking who my mason buddy was. Dahen and I discussed it through pm, and we went with it. (btw our role pm's also said we could communicate at any time during the game, even though it isn't in the one a few posts back) It should be noted that this was the first of two times we talked through pm for the whole game. Then UA got killed, and we scrambled to give a good reason why the "vaccine" wasn't able to be used yet, (the second time we talked) and the town bought that it must have been because Spring got the third piece not us. I'm as impressed it worked as anybody else is I gotta admit, especially since the townie pm should have put a bullseye on my head the moment I started talking about it.

So now my turn for a question... why did you pick me Dahen?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon May 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by dahen »

DoS - I picked you since from my somewhat limited knowledge I consider you to be the best player in this game. And I am very happy I did, since you were prepared with a claim. That was very important, since this setup would have been horrible for scum if we claimed vanilla. I could refuse to be his mason partner, but then he would have become infected right away and I would have been on my own. That would have been horrible too.

We have no night kills and town really has nothing to hunt for in the beginning, so it's just a matter of time before the first scum will be infected. Then for the last person to stay alive until the end with that vig around, well DGB should have been allowed to stay until the endgame, and there and then won the game for the town (or become infected if her claim was false, but it wasn't).

Actually, we talked a third time, when DoS said we probably won the game when spring was infected. It turns out he was correct, but the continued play worried me.

Thanks everybody for the game.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Yes, when Spring was infected instead of one of the mafiates, there was no way (unless one scum infected another) for there to be any town to outlast any scum.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 5:21 am

Post by dahen »

dahen PM wrote: Be *very* careful!
You may communicate with your partner at any time during the game, but again, be careful with that, too.
This scared me a bit. That's why I didn't iniate communication with DoS. I was afraid that he would have to forward the message to the Mod (who would forward it to another player) or anything like that, so I decided to wait until he started talking.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 6:08 am

Post by springlullaby »

Anyway, gg everyone, congrats scums. That was a risky gambit, and you played it well, taking full advantage of the unusual settings.

I played like crap too, totally of the mark for most of the game.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 6:09 am

Post by springlullaby »

And thanks Skruffs for hosting it.

Also, what was the ghost thing supposed to mean? Total red herring, irght?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2008 6:27 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I was also way off the mark...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Skruffs »

YEah the ghost thing was just for flavor... after the flour incident I changed everyone to white and used it to keep track of progress.. after someone had posted three times they were moved from white back to their normal color
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:22 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”