Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Monkey »

Pug was being voted for not just for being absent, but what goes along with that .. no added content. Ooba probably voted him based on the fact that Pug made it apparent that he was lurking by stating that he had nothing to add at the time.

Unvote

I could see Beast being evil for balancing reasons as well as the fact that in a game of x-men you'd have to find a way to make some of the normally good characters evil as well I s'pose. Beast's mind was altered during the age of apocalypse and hence was evil at the time while working for Apocalypse.

There are so many variations of possible roles in this type of themed game, which should make it very interesting indeed.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Korts wrote:ooba decided to jump on when Pug had already shown up
I disagree with your scrutiny, because ooba's vote then seems reasonable to me.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by Korts »

Monkey wrote: Pug was being voted for not just for being absent, but what goes along with that .. no added content. Ooba probably voted him based on the fact that Pug made it apparent that he was lurking by stating that he had nothing to add at the time.
Well, nobody else added anything of substance at the time, other than starting the bandwagon.
scumchat never die
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:22 am

Post by ooba »

Korts wrote:
Monkey wrote: Pug was being voted for not just for being absent, but what goes along with that .. no added content. Ooba probably voted him based on the fact that Pug made it apparent that he was lurking by stating that he had nothing to add at the time.
Well, nobody else added anything of substance at the time, other than starting the bandwagon.
Day 1 bandwagons help to bring out discussion and participation. I do not believe voting for him was a wrong or scummy thing to do at that point.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:41 am

Post by Adele »

OK we've got a problem. Day ends in 1 week. We need to decide who to murder now.

Apart from that, I have nothing helpful to say at this time :(
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by thephantom »

I am inclined to agree with adele about the deciding who to murder, but I think that we need to be careful at the same time for the very reason that we don't know which side is townies because I have seen a game where it was a batman themed game and neither the villains or the caped crusader and his posse were mafia but rather an outside source, I forget which though, but that is just something to consider.
lovo14
lovo14
Goon
lovo14
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by lovo14 »

qft it really is slow no one is talking hence no one is slipping up i re read and nothing i can really come up with. oh name claim = bad. it would be quite easy for sum that way.
"Dave Grohl is everywhere, he is even in our breakfast cereals" --Oscar Whilde
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Monkey wrote:
Korts wrote:Let's just start this! I'm gonna claim. I'm the Beast.
Kill Korts
It was still day, and people were safe and well. Or so they thought. Surely, no one will try to get ones with their powers during the broad daylight while tey were all awake, would they?

Feeling emboldened by this, Korts proclaimed his identity. "I am the Beast", he said.

Monkey, however had other ideas. There was a flash of red light, and Korts was blasted away several feet back. By the time the rest of you reached him, he was dead. Looking at his enormous and blue body, it was painfully obvious to you, now that he was dead, that he was, indeed Beast. A further search revealed that he was town, like most of you.

Korts is dead

He was
Beast
, town

Day 1 continues.

I am extremely sorry for the delay in this.

A few announcements:

1) I will not post so and so people have been prodded in thread. However, if you send me a PM asking me to prod someone, I will do so immediately.

2) Prods and prod requests fall under the "Mod communications category" and hence subjected to rule 9. I will prod the people if you ask me in thread, but I will not indicate I have done so in any way.

3) From now on, (mainly due to my own time constraints),
you no longer need to unvote people before voting someone else

4) Vote counts will be ideally provided on the first page of every page, by editing the post in question (like one on page 2) in order to not waste a post of the 1000 you have, in vote count. this VC is an exception.

Vote Count:

pug89- 2 (farside, lovo14)
farside- 1 (Adele)
lovo14- 1 (Joohoono)

Not voting (5): logicticus, Monkey, Ooba, pug89, thephantom

6 to lynch.
I'm back!
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Korts »

Bah! Dammit, Monkey!
scumchat never die
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:41 am

Post by ooba »

Why did you feel you had to do that Monkey?

I do agree that his name claim and his trying to call me out on my vote on pug could have been considered a bit scummy , but it did not merit a day vigging.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:38 am

Post by logicticus »

wow monkey, terrible play.

i mean if he claimed magneto or some other villain in the x men universe, i might be able to understand, but beast for crying out loud.

terrible waste of a daykill.

also at this time, please dont mention anything else about your role in an attempt for justification. dont mentioned the name, dont mention whether or not you have more kills, this was enough information for the scum right now.
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Monkey »

I don't think that at the time I thought it was all that terrible of play. People were talking about how there wasn't anything going on in the game discussion wise, and deadline was creeping closer, so I figured I'd throw a wrench into the game.

I thought that Korts was trying to set up a fake claim early on, and apparently I was wrong. I thought that he did merit a kill since he so obviously had no reason to claim at the time when he did, and just because he claimed beast doesn't mean he couldn't be magneto or the like.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:51 am

Post by ooba »

Monkey wrote:I don't think that at the time I thought it was all that terrible of play. People were talking about how there wasn't anything going on in the game discussion wise, and deadline was creeping closer, so I figured I'd throw a wrench into the game.

I thought that Korts was trying to set up a fake claim early on, and apparently I was wrong. I thought that he did merit a kill since he so obviously had no reason to claim at the time when he did, and just because he claimed beast doesn't mean he couldn't be magneto or the like.
Hmm - you should have factored in that he was in his first theme game if you ask me , just excited play on his part - Anywayz whats happened has happened.
logicticus wrote:i mean if he claimed magneto or some other villain in the x men universe, i might be able to understand, but beast for crying out loud.
Do you really see scum claiming magneto or some other villan like that??

FOS : logicticus
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Johoohno »

Well, if people feel that they can spend day vigs on D1 the forecast is a spectacular night I guess (but that kind of fits the x-men theme).

I also confirm my vote on lovo14, I haven't seen you add anything of value so far.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:55 am

Post by logicticus »

ooba wrote:
logicticus wrote:i mean if he claimed magneto or some other villain in the x men universe, i might be able to understand, but beast for crying out loud.
Do you really see scum claiming magneto or some other villan like that??

FOS : logicticus
of course not, but thats the only reasonable reason i could see for choosing to dayvig at the current time.
monkey wrote:wasn't anything going on in the game discussion wise, and deadline was creeping closer, so I figured I'd throw a wrench into the game.

yeah, but this wrench just doesnt help us at all. now all the focus is on you and there has been no additional discussion about who may or may not be scum and the day keeps getting closer or closer to the end.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:53 am

Post by farside22 »

I agree with logicticus about Monkey not using that ability he just did when he did. I couldn't blame Korts for how he felt. I was a newbie once feeling the same way in another game. Now I feel we haven't gone any where and with everyone so quiet....well I really have nothing to go on at all.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Pug89 »

I definitly think Monkey using his ability as soon as he did was a mistake. Both him and Korts are new to mafiascum so I think both probably newbie mistakes, even so it doesn't mean Monkey is not scum. If Monkey is who I think he is based on the death scene I wouldn't think he was scum, but as has already been discussed you never know in a theme game.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:18 am

Post by logicticus »

vote thephantom

thephantom wrote:I am inclined to agree with adele about the deciding who to murder, but I think that we need to be careful at the same time for the very reason that we don't know which side is townies because I have seen a game where it was a batman themed game and neither the villains or the caped crusader and his posse were mafia but rather an outside source, I forget which though, but that is just something to consider.
This is post 3 of 3 from thephantom: the first two being a random vote and then an unvote.

This post is pretty scummy in my opinion. All he does is make a weak agreement with Adele (whos post was pretty meaningless to agree with to start with) and then throw in a caveat about being careful.

From there he tosses in something about character alignments (which had been briefly discussed on an earlier page). This makes it look like he is adding content, when in reality he is doing nothing of the sort.

Along with the lurking, this seems like a good person to vote for.

Also, we are down to a week and as we all know, a no lynch only benefits the scum. I hope to see more activity.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:42 am

Post by farside22 »

I've got nothing new in respect to people. I think Adele and thephantom's comment saying murder instead of lynch was a weird thing. I will take weird over nothing any day just to get something going. Mostly I agree thephantom seems to be a follower behind Adele which I've always find scummie tell.

unvote
vote: thephantom
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Lloyd »

lovo14 wrote:yer i usually have one on forums. just havent got round to it for this one...will do in a sec
You find an avatar yet per Adele's request?
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by thephantom »

Alright well it seems that you all feel that I am scum so I will explain my reason for saying what I did:

-Murder and lynch to me are synonyms so I do not see a problem in using them, I used murder because I didn't want there to be any confusion as to what I was saying.

-We do need to be careful, we just lost a townie so I think that kind of makes my point about how the town might hurt itself.

-I was trying to stay with the conversation and by the time I got to post that the topic of character alignments was on the previous page and I cannot help that.

-Lurking, well I cannot say that I have been actively participating but I can say that it has been because I hadn't seen anything worth responding to. In previous games I have gotten targeted because I was too involved in the game posting often and people accused me of trying to keep myself from suspicion by being at the front of the pack.

-Farside, you immediately unvoted and put one on me roughly 30 minutes after Logictus voted for me, and then you criticize
me
for following? I think that maybe you should practice what you preach.

FoS: Farside
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by farside22 »

@thephantom: Okay fair enough. I just feel we are not getting anywhere. We have 4 pages and lots of slackers which makes this difficult at best. I am almost readiy to vote for lurkers just to see if it get them out of hiding.

unvote:
lovo14
lovo14
Goon
lovo14
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by lovo14 »

Lloyd wrote:
lovo14 wrote:yer i usually have one on forums. just havent got round to it for this one...will do in a sec
yer longer than i thought...u have a limit on size...on the site im normally on (my location) you can have any size picture and it shrinks it for you
"Dave Grohl is everywhere, he is even in our breakfast cereals" --Oscar Whilde
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by ooba »

lovo14 wrote:
Lloyd wrote:
yer longer than i thought...u have a limit on size...on the site im normally on (my location) you can have any size picture and it shrinks it for you
Your thoughts on korts being dead ?
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by Lloyd »

ooba, I'm not sure if you're asking me or lovo14.

I was suspicious of Korts, hence I kept my vote on him. I had thought Monkey's "kill Korts" bolding was a joke, so I didn't comment on it then.

Since Korts is now dead, and hindsight is 20-20...I think some of you are being too hard on Monkey. Had Korts turned up as scum, you may feel differently.

In short, I don't think Monkey's kill was that terrible of a play at the time, because we didn't have much else to go on then, and Korts' claim did seem premature. I was voting to lynch Korts anyway.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”