Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

I was referring to how I thought Incognito had said that somestrangeflea should have looked in the queue to see the order of who signed up after randomly voting as the basis for his vote. That's why I made that joke. I didn't realize Incognito meant something else, which was actually a reason for a real vote.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Jester »

Incognito wrote:For the record, I don't think an L-1 this early in this particular game is really that bad. If someone quick-hammered, the hammerer could basically be taken out through the revenge kill (if the person who was quick-lynched also happened to be a drug trafficker). Do you not agree, Jester?
In theory, yes. But I'm not taking any chances. This is one game variation where watching conversation patterns and voting patterns are going to be essential to the town's survival. That takes time, and I don't want a clever scum experimenting with a quick-lynch approach to this game.

I'd recommend anyone who hasn't already check out the wiki page for this variant:
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... eful_Mafia
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

MAJOR EDIT: GODFATHER'S LOSS THROUGH VIGILANTE KILL DOES NOT REVEAL HIS PARTNER. YOU MUST LYNCH GODFATHER FOR HIS PARTNER TO BE REVEALED.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Incognito »

Mod: Can we get a reminder sent to Flameaxe? He's the only one who hasn't posted since the game began.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Nocmen »

The activity in here needs to pick up. Though I'm not really hlpein,g I'm hopefully getting abetter opinion in tomorrow.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Prod Sent
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Jester »

Flameaxe picked up a prod in other game that I share with him, so I know he's awake. No doubt, he'll rejoin us shortly.
mod
, how about a prod on somestrangeflea as well? He hasn't posted here in almost 10 days, and he's highly active in his other games.

I personally am still getting a weird vibe off Nocmen... nothing I can explain. Maybe it's the word "weirdlyish". More likely, it's the fact that he has six posts in this thread and all of them aggressively say nothing at all. Nocmen, I think if I'm lynched, I'm gonna pick you as my vig target.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:35 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Jester wrote:I'd vote Flameaxe because I have an absolute horror of Ramen (it's all I could afford to eat through much of college, and I can't even stand to look at it today),
but I'm not gonna be the second vote on him.
Question: Why?
Incognito wrote:We have to start somewhere but basically something about the opening posts seems a bit odd to me. somestrangeflea questions "who exactly is the fifth person?" when he could have easily looked that information up in the Queue where we all signed up. If somestrangeflea and Jester are the undercover police officers, this could have been an early attempt at distancing as he couldn't possibly be linked to Jester since he didn't even know Jester was in the game. And then Jester's pre-start random vote lands on somestrangeflea for preventing Jester's chance at voting for the Ramen noodles guy (Flameaxe). Another attempt at distancing?
I'm torn between my desire to commend you for what was a decent post and my desire to scream "WELL YOU'RE WRONG, OBVIOUSLY."

Question: How feasible do you believe it is that the aforementioned actions were a part of a planned distancing tactic?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Incognito »

somestrangeflea wrote:Question: How feasible do you believe it is that the aforementioned actions were a part of a planned distancing tactic?
I'm not sure exactly. I read the Wiki page before beginning to play this game to see what may have happened in the past with these Vengeful games (the same link that Jester just provided). There was mentioning about the early mafia victories where one partner would act fairly scummy, the other partner would call his partner out on his scummy actions, they would lynch the scummy-acting player, and this would seem to "confirm" the person who called the partner out for acting scummy.

Therefore when this game began, the first thing I was looking for was any kind of distancing that may have been happening between two players. Your comment about Jester caught my eye, and then when Jester eventually voted for you, I was
really
intrigued enough to mention it and place a vote on you. Mainly I was looking for reactions and then the mod and I were playing this game more than any of the other players. :D
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Nocmen »

I'm acting weird because there was practically nothing to talk about in this game, until just today. While distancing could work very well in this game, trying to say anything that could be distancing is scum is just a huge shitpile of WIFOM.

I do want to hear more from Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Hi. Forgot about the game. Gonna have a possible V/LA while I'm upgrading my computer. Will try to catch up during class tomorrow.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Jester »

somestrangeflea wrote:
Jester wrote:I'd vote Flameaxe because I have an absolute horror of Ramen (it's all I could afford to eat through much of college, and I can't even stand to look at it today),
but I'm not gonna be the second vote on him.
Question: Why?
Because there's only five people in this game. We're essentially at LyLo already. If a scum votes first on someone and a townie votes second, if the scum can convince a townie to put that third vote down, three things happen:
1) we lose the targeted townie;
2) the targeted townie will probably vig the townie third voter; and,
3) town loses.

During a holiday period, I wasn't willing to take that risk. It would have been way too easy for motivated scum to quickly end the game with two votes on someone during that time.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Nocmen »

I agree somewhat with what Jester said, but I think that it would be completely stupid for the lynched to automatically go after the hammer, unless it was a quicklynch at the end, and even then theres still some excpetions to that. If someone was trying to convince for a lynch for a while after voting for someone, and then someone ended up lynching the person they were attacking, I would in that situation go after who was trying to convince the town, as they most likely would be the scum.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Incognito »

Any news on Flameaxe? The game seems to be stalling.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Nocmen »

Well he posted on Tuesday, and I haven't seen you post in a while besides meta content.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Yeah, I've been V/LA while I'm upgrading my computer. It's all done now, I'm here.

Hello.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I have something that may end up with me regretting it, but something that I like to do in Vengeful to get a good opinion of the game.

For all players: If you were lynched right now, who would you vig and why?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Incognito »

Nocmen wrote:For all players: If you were lynched right now, who would you vig and why?
It's still very early to ask this question but if I were lynched right at this very moment on Page 2 of the thread, I would probably lynch whoever placed that Hammer vote on me. Considering the fact that all five of us seem to have at least some level of experience on the site, I wouldn't expect town to quick-hammer a person on Page 2.

I'm very tempted to call Flameaxe out for lurking in plain sight though. I can understand a V/LA during a computer upgrade but judging from his profile, he's been active in his other games and finally decides to check back into this one after I call him out for not posting.
FoS: Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Oh no, I'm lurking!

Wah wah wah!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Incognito »

Unvote; Vote: Flameaxe

Start talking?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I just did.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Incognito »

Flameaxe wrote:I just did.
I mean game-related discussion. Do you have any suspicions? Do you care to comment on anything that has been discussed? Do you feel uncomfortable at L-1? Who is your scum buddy? Stuff like that. =)
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I am saying them, you just can't hear them because you can't hear me talk on a forum.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by Incognito »

Let's try typing them then and then perhaps hitting submit? That might be more fun.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Na, I'm enjoying this enough as it is.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”