Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Incognito »

Bah! Go, drug dealers, etc. We'll discuss at end-game.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Jester »

somestrangeflea wrote:Which reminds me, Jester, hi. How are you?
I'm annoyed, thanks. I really wish Incognito hadn't played his hand that way. Guess I'll wait to post game to listen to his reasoning.

Question for you: if you were going to vote for Flameaxe, why didn't you do it on Wednesday/Thursday when the game was quite active?
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Nocmen »

Jester wrote:Damn it. Incognito, that was unbelievably stupid. If you'd cooled your jets for 24 hours, we probably could have lynched Flameaxe instead of you vigging him. I don't think I've ever seen a clearer demonstration of why self-voting is anti-town, and why rushing only helps scum.

And Nocmen, it only took you 36 minutes to hammer Incognito, and you didn't even
attempt
to cool down the situation, nor did you try to justify your vote, nor did you even remember that you'd already unvoted. And you'd been acting weird before yesterday. Your previous unvote on Incognito now looks pretty clearly like you wanting to hold your vote so you could use it to hammer someone. Tell me: why did you hammer Incognito?
I hammered him because it seemed the best surefire way to get Flameaxe dead at the time, but now I realized the risk that I took being that he could have been town, though it was unlikely.

And I did have my vote on Flameaxe before the hammer.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:51 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

As a clarification, this
Which reminds me, Jester, hi. How are you?
was simulposted into irrelevance. Should hit "Preview" more...
Jester wrote:Question for you: if you were going to vote for Flameaxe, why didn't you do it on Wednesday/Thursday when the game was quite active?
Thursday/Friday in my timezone, I was either drunk or preparing to get drunk.

By the time I sobered up, game had died again.

It revived on Sunday. By the time I had a chance to post, Incognito had died.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Jester »

OK, ssf, looks like you've lied three times here.

First lie:
somestrangeflea, in 149, wrote:As much as it is useless now,
I was planning on voting for Flameaxe
versus:
somestrangeflea, in 99, wrote:Flameaxe has been fairly quiet after his encounter with Incognito. He could be scum flying under the radar. I see no real reason for him not to be posting content, he's plenty active. He asked for a votecount only 2 days ago. I'm suspcious,
but that's not who I'm going to vote for.
Second lie:
somestrangeflea wrote:Why is it that important things keep happening when I'm unable to post?!
versus: You posted on MS twice on Sunday, both before and after Incognito was lynched.

Third lie:
somestrangeflea wrote:Thursday/Friday in my timezone, I was either drunk or preparing to get drunk.
and
somestrangeflea wrote:As much as it is useless now, I was planning on voting for Flameaxe once he said words,
versus: You posted on MS four times on Thursday afternoon after Flameaxe had spoke, and again Saturday morning. Either would have been an ideal time to get your opinion and your vote in.

Scum don't seriously vote for their partners when there's a chance their partner will get lynched. They threaten to, and claim they were going to, but never do. So, I've got one serious lie, two more minor but still telling lies, and your voting patterns, all telling me that you're Flameaxe's partner.

What say you?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Nocmen »

Well, I really don't know where to go here. My largest target left is SSF, as I feel stronger towards Jester being town. I also find it hard to beleive you just happened to dissappear during the perfect times in the game.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:17 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Jester wrote:OK, ssf, looks like you've lied three times here.

First lie:
somestrangeflea, in 149, wrote:As much as it is useless now,
I was planning on voting for Flameaxe
versus:
somestrangeflea, in 99, wrote:Flameaxe has been fairly quiet after his encounter with Incognito. He could be scum flying under the radar. I see no real reason for him not to be posting content, he's plenty active. He asked for a votecount only 2 days ago. I'm suspcious,
but that's not who I'm going to vote for.
I was going to vote for Nocmen
then
. I changed my mind in the interim. And I know it seems like backpedalling, but I meant "would have" rather than "was going to".
Jester wrote:Second lie:
somestrangeflea wrote:Why is it that important things keep happening when I'm unable to post?!
versus: You posted on MS twice on Sunday, both before and after Incognito was lynched.

Third lie:
somestrangeflea wrote:Thursday/Friday in my timezone, I was either drunk or preparing to get drunk.
and
somestrangeflea wrote:As much as it is useless now, I was planning on voting for Flameaxe once he said words,
versus: You posted on MS four times on Thursday afternoon after Flameaxe had spoke, and again Saturday morning. Either would have been an ideal time to get your opinion and your vote in.

Scum don't seriously vote for their partners when there's a chance their partner will get lynched. They threaten to, and claim they were going to, but never do. So, I've got one serious lie, two more minor but still telling lies, and your voting patterns, all telling me that you're Flameaxe's partner.

What say you?
Saying "I was unable to post" sounds much nicer and a hell of a lot less arrogant than "When it boils down to it, I couldn't
really
be bothered looking here then."

So yeah. Jester seems to be remarkably pro-town. I'll do what I should've done a while ago.

Vote: Nocmen

Nocmen votes me.
Jester votes me, and, to be honest, with good reason.
I die.
Nocmenscum wins.
The end.

Good game, but my own laziness royally fucked the endgame up for you, Jester.

And if you are scum, well...

you probably deserve the win anyway. =V
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Nocmen »

So, your just making up crap in order to cover yourself?

I really don't know what to say, I think that Jester is town, but I have no way of being certain, and I'm not going to take another crazy risk right off the bat.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Jester »

::nods:: Just curious.
somestrangeflea wrote:And if you are scum, well... you probably deserve the win anyway.
Right back at you.
vote: Nocmen
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Nocmen »

Good Game town.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Incognito »

Nocmen was the last scum? :D
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Nocmen pleads "No, look at me. I allowed Flameaxe to be killed."
"This won't fly," replies SSF. "Besides," he says, "I would be honored if Jester were an undercover officer--he's been a worthy foe if he was undercover. You, on the other hand, look like a cop and smell like one. If you are one, you were doing a terrible job. I won't take this from you."
The struggling Nocmen is handcuffed, even as he tries to bolt. He runs a few yards, then is shot down by Jester.
"We got him!"
You check his wallet and see a police badge inside.

Nocmen, Undercover Police Officer, has been lynched. Town wins!
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Incognito »

Yay! Good game all! Well done SSF and Jester! :D

Oh and about this:
Jester wrote:Damn it. Incognito, that was unbelievably stupid. If you'd cooled your jets for 24 hours, we probably could have lynched Flameaxe instead of you vigging him. I don't think I've ever seen a clearer demonstration of why self-voting is anti-town, and why rushing only helps scum.
I couldn't disagree more. I think the timing of my self-vote and the way I did it seemed extremely pro-town since it suggested that I really do have a vig-kill that I could use if I was hammered.

The self-vote was actually a trap that I didn't think would work. I figured only scum would
actually
hammer me if I placed myself at L-1 and that's exactly what Nocmen ended up doing. I thought he gave himself away when he said this:
Nocmen wrote:I hammered him because it seemed the best surefire way to get Flameaxe dead at the time, but now I realized the risk that I took being that he could have been town, though it was unlikely.
Only scum could know with absolute certainty that by hammering me I would also have my vig-kill to use to take out another player (in this case Flameaxe). In the above, he only states that he wasn't sure if
Flameaxe
was town but mentions nothing about his feelings about me. I wouldn't have even asked questions on Day 2. My vote would have deffo been on Nocmen after those actions.

Anyway, good game!
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Jester »

Incognito wrote:Only scum could know with absolute certainty that by hammering me I would also have my vig-kill to use to take out another player (in this case Flameaxe). In the above, he only states that he wasn't sure if
Flameaxe
was town but mentions nothing about his feelings about me.
This is exactly why I voted for Nocmen. ;) And of course, I'd been getting a weird vibe off Nocmen from about his third post. Nocmen, when playing scum, you kinda have to forget that you're playing scum, and play as if you're a townie.

Everything else in my day two play, I have to admit, was done for my own benefit for future games: I wanted to see how SSF would react to being called a liar when he was innocent.

That said, I really wish you
had
cooled your jets for 24 hours. When I read the final exchange between you and Flameaxe Monday morning, I thought to myself, "Holy crap, Flameaxe is the Godfather!" as I read, then kept reading to find you'd vigged him. I would have happily joined you in a lynch. Oh well, same result, and I learned some interesting things. ;)
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Jester »

P.S. Oh, and sorry if I scared you, SSF. I really
was
just curious how you'd react to being called a liar. ;) Good game on your part!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Incognito »

Jester wrote:
Incognito wrote:Only scum could know with absolute certainty that by hammering me I would also have my vig-kill to use to take out another player (in this case Flameaxe). In the above, he only states that he wasn't sure if
Flameaxe
was town but mentions nothing about his feelings about me.
This is exactly why I voted for Nocmen. ;) And of course, I'd been getting a weird vibe off Nocmen from about his third post.
Good catch. ;)

I have to admit that when this game wasn't lulling along it was a pretty fun game. I actually kinda enjoyed arguing with Flameaxe and vigging him was soooooooo satisfying in the end. Haha. I know I should have cooled my jets but I seriously didn't expect anyone to hammer me after that self-vote. o_O

Khelvaster, I liked the flavor text added by you also. Nice job modding.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Well, I was pretty fucked once I realized that by lynching Flameaxe we would auto-lose. I was almost certain that my lynch of Incognito, in order to avoid the inevitable flameaxe lynch, would pretty much target me as the partner.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Thanks. This was so much better to run than the last open I ran. People respected prods, argued well, and set awesome traps. I loved your play Incognito.
Nocmen wrote:Finally we don't have to deal with the attitude that was Flameaxe. A shame we had to sacrifice a townie though to do so, but that was quite ridiculous.

Now the question is, which of you two is the other scum?
This just felt wrong. You just hammered incognito, and yet you're talking about sacrificing a townie. The "which of you two is the other scum?" also seemed quite needless--it's like saying "hey guys, I am definitely town. Just suspect the other guy."

You still played really well. You all did. :).
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:12 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”