farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Voting for yourself for immunity should never be considered.
immunity: hasdgfas
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Boggzie »

SJ didn't even get to play. GAWD that sucks.

Let's give immunity to mcpaltp, because I think he's a funny dude.

immunity: mcpaltp
Go Tribe!
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by Akonas »

Mmkay, listen here a minute. If we all just random vote for immunity, then the mafia will sneak in an extra vote or two here or there, and they can get the guy they want elected (more votes than anyone else!)
That being said, it probably doesn't matter until the end of the month, but it's worth keeping in mind. That being said,
Immunity: QuickBen
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

well, once we decide who to give immunity to, we can open polls as soon as he/she has the most votes for immunity. It's just like normal mafia, except in reverse. You want votes during the day.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

rules question

Are votes counted survivor style, where we don't know who voted or will we know who voted for whom?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Spider Jerusalem
Spider Jerusalem
Townie
Spider Jerusalem
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:17 pm

Post by Spider Jerusalem »

*Sigh* Why am I always without my bowl disruptor when it matters most *croaks*
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:26 am

Post by farside22 »

hasdgfas wrote:well, once we decide who to give immunity to, we can open polls as soon as he/she has the most votes for immunity. It's just like normal mafia, except in reverse. You want votes during the day.
This will depend on two factors actually. One is how long we take to decide on the person who get immunity and two is if we have enough information from the immunity discussions to vote for who should be booted. The town needs to agree on who is the scummiest still because the scum have the more of an advantage in this game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Rishi »

hasdgfas wrote:
rules question

Are votes counted survivor style, where we don't know who voted or will we know who voted for whom?
You will know who voted for whom.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:32 am

Post by Boggzie »

Spider Jerusalem wrote:*Sigh* Why am I always without my bowl disruptor when it matters most *croaks*
I'm sure you can't reply, but anyhow- I've been in two games now with SJ, and both times you've been killed off WAY early.
::
eyes folks that were in that last game
::

pattern?

Happy Chrismahanakwanzika, everyone!

Akonas is worrying too early. This is just like the typical random voting in every game right now.
Go Tribe!
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:52 am

Post by ibaesha »

So, you guys are like starting with voting for immunity, rather than who to lynch? I have to consider whether I believe this is the appropriate avenue to take here or not. While it is important to decide carefully who gets immunity, we also must consider who we're going to lynch and how we're to decide that before the polls open.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:32 am

Post by mcpaltp »

ibaesha wrote:So, you guys are like starting with voting for immunity, rather than who to lynch? I have to consider whether I believe this is the appropriate avenue to take here or not. While it is important to decide carefully who gets immunity, we also must consider who we're going to lynch and how we're to decide that before the polls open.
I think that this is a pretty good idea. WIthout a level of transparancy of who to eliminate while discussion is still open, good reasoning could be lost. Another thing to consider is that scum have a pretty good incentive to bus their buddies, as immunity is a strong, strong reward.

We have lots of time, but I think that it would be a good idea to not only focus on who to give immunity to, but also who should be lynched at the end of the voting phase.

Furthermore, remember that the votes will be revealed. It will be in everyone's best interest to be as transparent as possible.

Oh, and I hope people are enjoying the holidays.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:01 am

Post by farside22 »

ibaesha wrote:So, you guys are like starting with voting for immunity, rather than who to lynch? I have to consider whether I believe this is the appropriate avenue to take here or not. While it is important to decide carefully who gets immunity, we also must consider who we're going to lynch and how we're to decide that before the polls open.
How do we discuss who we think is scum without a discussion on who to immue? Isn't this the same idea as voting for scum in mafia except you are giving someone immunity instead. You can base peoples vote on those who are voting for certain people and feel out what their case is just like regular mafia.
Or are you saying we should say person X is scum and start off a discussion with scum vote instead of immuinity vote. Or do we do both. Say vote one scum and one immunity and discuss.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:37 am

Post by QuickBen »

Discussion is discussion. We can't really discuss who we think should have immunity without discussing who we don't trust with it and vice versa. Its not like we can't repeal immunity and change it if the person we choose starts acting goofy.

immunity: ibaesha
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Akonas »

QuickBen wrote:Its not like we can't repeal immunity and change it if the person we choose starts acting goofy.
Well, we can't. Not after the polls open. So we still need to be careful, especially as the 30-day deadline approaches.

This game is going to be interesting because we won't know who is voting for whom until the end of the day. We can make votes now and try to figure out who is scum, but they can always pull something. We (as a town)
could
decide to operate the game like a normal Mafia game: if you don't vote for the person you were voting for during the day at the end of the day, you get lynched at the end of the day. Townies would all cooperate, and Mafia would basically have to. However, I think it's better if we find a way to exploit this new mechanic. The only problem is, I'm not sure what that is. Maybe it's just a safety mechanism? Any thoughts?
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by QuickBen »

Well that's true, but it takes a majority to open the polls anyway, so its not like they're going to open on us unexpectedly. I think it will be more interesting to keep the voting a secret until the mod tells us who voted for whom. Instead of scum getting to bandwagon with "me too" style votes, they'll have to either keep their votes spread out or give themselves up as a voting block. It will prevent them from acting with unity, taking away their major advantage. Closed voting will also give us LOTS to discuss the following day once we are given the voting record.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:45 am

Post by Holy »

QuickBen wrote:Well that's true, but it takes a majority to open the polls anyway, so its not like they're going to open on us unexpectedly. I think it will be more interesting to keep the voting a secret until the mod tells us who voted for whom. Instead of scum getting to bandwagon with "me too" style votes, they'll have to either keep their votes spread out or give themselves up as a voting block. It will prevent them from acting with unity, taking away their major advantage. Closed voting will also give us LOTS to discuss the following day once we are given the voting record.
Akonas wrote:Mmkay, listen here a minute. If we all just random vote for immunity, then the mafia will sneak in an extra vote or two here or there, and they can get the guy they want elected (more votes than anyone else!)
That being said, it probably doesn't matter until the end of the month, but it's worth keeping in mind. That being said,
Immunity: QuickBen
Yup, the "me too" lynch bandwagon might be out of reach from scum, but not the "me too" immunity bandwagon. And for Day 1, I don't think manual Open Poll will be necessary, considering the Auto Poll Date is on 23rd January.

Immunity: Qman
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:04 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Frankly, I'm not comfortable voting immunity for anyone at this point. I have next to zero basis for determining who is the "towniest". This is an interesting thought exercise, at any rate.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Rigel »

I too don't see the point in granting random immunity to a person. I know that it's supposed to be just like random voting, but it's not. I'd rather get right into the game, and ignore this particular mechanic for a while.

I think we should take a closer look at Night 0. First of all, the Vig is dead. That's astoundingly lucky for scum, but why is he the only one dead? Shouldn't the Vig have killed someone as well last night? The only logical conclusion is that we have a doctor somewhere. Now, I have no idea who this person is, as of yet. But it's something we should keep in mind, because we definitely don't want to lynch the doc and have no vig as well.
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Akonas »

No. The vig shouldn't kill N0 because he has no idea who scum are - chances are he's just going to hurt town. So your speculation is void.
Rigel wrote:I too don't see the point in granting random immunity to a person[...]I'd rather get right into the game, and ignore this particular mechanic for a while.
If we ignore it, then someone gets randomly chosen for us - a far inferior outcome.
mcpaltp wrote:Frankly, I'm not comfortable voting immunity for anyone at this point. I have next to zero basis for determining who is the "towniest". This is an interesting thought exercise, at any rate.
It's no worse than regular voting Day 1, when you have no (or next to no) basis for voting the way you vote. It's a funny game, this, where you have to create your own reasons, bring people into the discussion.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:39 am

Post by opie »

I agree with being transparent in who we are voting for. If we hide who we are voting for, that might inhibit the overall hunt for scum. I we do not inhibit ourselves, I think who we will vote for will be fairly obvious anyways.

I also think that we should not be randomly throwing votes for immunity. In a regular game of mafia random votes can put pressure on people when accused which can lead to informative reactions. Random votes for immunity do not put similar pressure so I don't think the two concepts should be equated.

I think if we concentrate on who is the most suspicious, the least suspicious will become apparent and that is who should be awarded immunity.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 am

Post by farside22 »

opie wrote:I agree with being transparent in who we are voting for. If we hide who we are voting for, that might inhibit the overall hunt for scum. I we do not inhibit ourselves, I think who we will vote for will be fairly obvious anyways.

I also think that we should not be randomly throwing votes for immunity. In a regular game of mafia random votes can put pressure on people when accused which can lead to informative reactions. Random votes for immunity do not put similar pressure so I don't think the two concepts should be equated.

I think if we concentrate on who is the most suspicious, the least suspicious will become apparent and that is who should be awarded immunity.
Okay I can agree with that. I say maybe a serious of FOS or voting on those we find suspicious. I don't know this is kind of weird way to start things. I will do FOS for now.
unimmunity

FOS: Akonas
self immunity looks scummie.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:03 am

Post by opie »

I know its the holidays and all, but Qman has been pretty quiet since he confirmed. Would a prod be warranted?
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:09 am

Post by opie »

Also, will we get immunity counts and open poll counts periodically?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Rishi »

I will prod Qman if he does not post by Sunday. I give people a week before sending out prods.

I will do immunity and open poll counts regularly. Expect the first one later today.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”