Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by Nemesis »

There are, of course, methods besides voting to stimulate discussion, which I think I will stick to until I feel my vote could be of any practical use.
Then why random vote on post 1 of the game?
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:12 pm

Post by Mirth »

Nemesis wrote:
There are, of course, methods besides voting to stimulate discussion, which I think I will stick to until I feel my vote could be of any practical use.
Honestly? Total force of habit. It occasionally pays off, so I don't see any harm in it, but I think that relying on it without making any sort of attempt at conversation starting is kind of stupid.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Qman »

Sorry for the late entrance, I passed out for the weekend by drinking too much.

I'm really not liking the entirety of the discussion between Mirth and SlySly. It's smelling like a distance tactic to me, though I can't be sure at this time. It's worth noting though as most of the argument is based in semantics. For now though I'll
vote SlySly
FoS Mirth
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:48 am

Post by aioqwe »

*walks over to the bar*

"Gimme a vodka" (being under age I hardly know nothing xD)

*takes a few sips and starts to peruse the game*
(Sorry I was out for the day. Unexpected visit to my grandparents house...)
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:12 am

Post by Iammars »

Nemesis wrote:
Players can leave information in their random vote, even though it appears to be random. Cops, for example, if they get a guilty, might vote that person "randomly," and use that as breadcrumbing if they later claim cop, or if they don't claim cop before they die, people can look at the random vote and view that person more suspiciously.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:53 am

Post by The Fonz »

Except of course, that things like that are infinitely wifomable and therefore no real use to anyone.
Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:54 am

Post by Hypatia »

Mirth wrote: Why are you so ready to bandwagon? Also why are you asking a consensus on whether or notwe should bandwagon? If you think someone is suspicious, you shouldn't ask if it's okay to vote them. If you don't think someone is suspicious, then you shouldn't vote them regardless of where the town seems to sway. Your question bothers me (noticing the theme here, kids?) as we have a good 4 weeks in which to discuss, so why ask about wagoning on page 2 on something as insignificant as random vote-unvote?
I'm used to playing games that go much faster; I'm not saying we have to rush here. I'm not ever going to ask, "Is it OK to vote someone?"; that's my decision. I'm asking if anyone else has suspicions about this whole thing, because it does bother me.

Someone has to get bandwagoned Day 1, that's how we get information out there. I'm not meaning to "ask a consensus" but bandwagons do consist of multiple people. I do think it's early in the game and in Sly's wiggling to get any more information right now, unless other people figure out something I haven't found yet.

And if Sly's random vote-unvote was so insignificant, why were you pointing it out and discussing it? There's nothing else to work with yet.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:56 am

Post by aioqwe »

*walks up on stage in a pink bunny costume*

Excuse me please *hic* I have an announcement to make... *hic* we might be having a problem

DS not acknowledging #30 had at least some OMGUS is scummy imo (and because at pg 3 I don't have many other arguments). #34 has complete lack of evidence. #41 is better about it by I find it unreasonable. Mirth is questioning just about everyone. If she's built a case against you she's also built one agains fonz, SS, and hyp...

Mathcam bothers me because of his "I like the argument against SS the best" And his lurking... (we haven't heard from soupfly tho and qman qualifies by my book, unless he starts hauling in the posts...)

SS is being overblown imo... Read the happy day's article on wikipedia and watch some episodes or ignore comments made about that contain "70's" "TV" "Happy Days" and related phrases...

This is a bit rushed I think I will need to think things over as I sl

*collapses*

ZZZ

murmurs "I wannna a margarita"
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Nemesis »

Players can leave information in their random vote, even though it appears to be random. Cops, for example, if they get a guilty, might vote that person "randomly," and use that as breadcrumbing if they later claim cop, or if they don't claim cop before they die, people can look at the random vote and view that person more suspiciously.
If a cop got a guilty day 1 and let an innocent die instead of the scum then risked being NKed and losing that information and days later said "hey guys, I'm the cop. I got a guilty before day 1 and I random voted the person" I'm going to lynch the damn cop.

There's no way a random vote can do anything useful like that. 90% of people make random votes. Almost anyone can claim cop and use that.
It occasionally pays off, so I don't see any harm in it, but I think that relying on it without making any sort of attempt at conversation starting is kind of stupid.
Why did you say
which I think I will stick to until I feel my vote could be of any practical use.
if you'd already random voted though?
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:00 am

Post by mathcam »

Mirth wrote: Mathcam: what argument about SlySly is that, exactly? He has one vote on him based on admittedly odd voting behavior, but, as we're on page 2, I wouldn't call that an argument.
Okay, I suppose "argument" was the wrong word -- what I should have said was that the discussion surrounding SlySly's voting seemed the most revealing to me. It seemed like he was retracting each decision he made once it was pointed out that it was a little odd, the implication being that he was going out of his way to appear innocuous and pro-town. Maybe I just didn't get his joke, though. Hypatia's second post reeked of the same thing, so an
FOS: Hypatia
. Mafia aren't so openly neutral, though, so they both get a pass on votes for now.
Nemesis wrote: If a cop got a guilty day 1 and let an innocent die instead of the scum then risked being NKed and losing that information and days later said "hey guys, I'm the cop. I got a guilty before day 1 and I random voted the person" I'm going to lynch the damn cop.
Well, then you're going to lynch a lot of cops. Whether or not you agree with it, it's a very common philosophy that it's the cop's responsibility to determine his or her own sanity before revealing any night investigations. Since this is impossible to do after one night, many cops will wait until a second investigation, possibly dropping hints in the thread that will lead to a correct lynch if the cop gets nightkilled. Random voting is one such option.

Cam
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Mirth »

Hypatia wrote: And if Sly's random vote-unvote was so insignificant, why were you pointing it out and discussing it? There's nothing else to work with yet.
Because as Aioqwe quite rightly pointed out, I'm pouncing on anything that moves ^_^

Aioqwe: to be fair, you can't say Mathcam is lurking quite yet, since we're on page 3.

Nemesis: perhaps I worded that badly. As I said, I don't have an issue with random voting in and of itself, but, I have an issue with "oh, look, we random voted, there's nothing more to do here. Let's sit back and twiddle our thumbs." As such, even though I random voted, I'm not relying on my vote to get conversation going. Is that a bit more clear? I'm sorry, I'm a tad sleep deprived and can't be sure if I'm making sense.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Iammars »

The Fonz wrote:Except of course, that things like that are infinitely wifomable and therefore no real use to anyone.
Breadcrumbing is WIFOMable? Everything I know and love has been turned upside down!
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by mathcam »

Haven't you heard? Everything is WIFOMable these-a-days. You must not have gotten the memo that's it meaning has been infinitely expanded.

Cam
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by aioqwe »

cop can't dunvestigate iuring pre-game as "day 1" will accur ofter we lynch. Therefore vandom roting don't wo anything as far hinting scum.

And random votes aren't rery vandom... like my wote vas originally a jest at DS having loo tong of a user...

@girth miven his several posts on pg 3 I wouldn't say he's lurking... sether whomeone is lurking nor ot is kind ove iffy I guess...

im feeling ofectly pober sofficer

BTW how many scum do you think we have, 3?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by Mirth »

Everything *is* WIFOMable, because nothing in this universe is certain :P

As to number of scum, I'd guess the following are the most likely arrangements:
2 - mafia only (perhaps with a possible traitor scenerio?)
3 - mafia only
3- 2 mafia, 1 sk
4 - mafia only
4 - 3 mafia, 1 sk
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:57 pm

Post by soupfly »

my home cpu died monday night so i can only access nets at office which is hard since i'm in 7 games. i'll do my best to catch up.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:12 am

Post by Nemesis »

mathcam wrote:
Nemesis wrote: If a cop got a guilty day 1 and let an innocent die instead of the scum then risked being NKed and losing that information and days later said "hey guys, I'm the cop. I got a guilty before day 1 and I random voted the person" I'm going to lynch the damn cop.
Well, then you're going to lynch a lot of cops. Whether or not you agree with it, it's a very common philosophy that it's the cop's responsibility to determine his or her own sanity before revealing any night investigations. Since this is impossible to do after one night, many cops will wait until a second investigation, possibly dropping hints in the thread that will lead to a correct lynch if the cop gets nightkilled. Random voting is one such option.
Pffft, sanity issues. I can't remember the last game I read that had an insane cop. But then again I guess there must be some somewhere. Random voting is not a particularly good option. One random vote does nothing. If a cop got NKed night 1, would you immediately lynch his day 1 random vote?
BTW how many scum do you think we have, 3?
Gogo pointless mod outguessing. Let the guessing begin. My random guess is 3 scum and 1 SK.
which is hard since i'm in 7 games.
Wow, you play 7 games at once? That's like... a lot.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:09 am

Post by Iammars »

mathcam wrote:Haven't you heard? Everything is WIFOMable these-a-days. You must not have gotten the memo that's it meaning has been infinitely expanded.

Cam
Posts like this are why I love playing/reading games with mathcam.
Nemesis wrote:Gogo pointless mod outguessing. Let the guessing begin. My random guess is 3 scum and 1 SK.
Actually not a good idea, until we get at least one night, and even then I wouldn't feel good until we had about 7 people left.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:25 am

Post by aioqwe »

@nemesis- consideringgg it's AA mafia and we'reee all drunkkk, I wouldn't be surprised if we had an insane coppp...

@mars- you meaaannn dayyy?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Iammars »

aioqwe wrote:@mars- you meaaannn dayyy?
Post restriction much?

And yes, that's totally what I meant. This Day/Night thing is messing with my brain...
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:17 am

Post by Mirth »

aioqwe wrote:@nemesis- consideringgg it's AA mafia and we'reee all drunkkk, I wouldn't be surprised if we had an insane coppp...
Actually, on the topic of pointless mod outguessing, considering we're all drunk, I would think a random cop would be more in keeping with this theme than an insane one. That is, of course, assuming we have a cop. And we don't know that. And we should probably stop speculating about cops.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

aioqwe wrote:@nemesis- consideringgg it's AA mafia and we'reee all drunkkk, I wouldn't be surprised if we had an insane coppp...

Stop setting up your fakeclaim. kthanxbai
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Iammars »

The Fonz wrote:

Stop setting up your fakeclaim. kthanxbai
And you don't even consider the fact that he could have a posting restriction for real? In a game like this, I would consider a restriction very plausible. With no role information, I just think that accusing someone of setting up a fakeclaim at this stage is bad.

FOS: The Fonz
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:37 am

Post by The Fonz »

Go to hell. I wasn't talking about the post restriction, I was talking about the insane cop speculation.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:44 am

Post by Iammars »

And how would someone know that they're a insane cop when we haven't had a Day
(more commonly know as Night)
yet?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”