MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:45 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Oh so this is finally over.

Thanks for the game TTH. As I said to you prior – very nice setup. Unfortunately too many players used poor setup speculation in leui of actually scum-hunting. I enjoyed the flavor and think you are tip-top Mod. Keep up the good work!

Scum deserved to win simply because overall they played a better game than Town. Leon was probably the MVP as the only significant suspicion he got from living players was from me Day 1 on Set-up spec (which was correct … sorry about sniffing that out TTH :D ). SirCakez was pretty scummy Day 1 and the fact that I could not get a wagon going on him was probably partially a sign of his alignment. As Town he gets run up easily Day 1. On Alis all I will do is quote the following …
In post 2613, Alisae wrote:Hey guys.
I have one question:
Why was I NEVER LYNCHED?
Good question. A sign that living Town played bad in not lynching you after Day 2.

Probably the Town player I would say played the best was Lane. He tried his best to direct things without outright claiming (asking for Spyro to be protected instead of him since it made him BP was a good play). The biggest oopses for Lane were moving off Raging and helping get Aella mislynched instaed and not twigging to the fact that two Town roles being Spyro dependent was very unlikely in a Mini.

Eager also gets props for achieving the only scum death.

--
In post 2644, RadiantCowbells wrote:if you're ever going to push a policy lynch on me for being wrong once or making it to lylo kindly never join a game of mine again.
Get bent. Frankly you probably played worse than most of the Town and deserved to be hung for it. I’m all about avoiding you but the fact that you use the phrase “a game of mine” as if you have some superior priority to other players shows how deeply lost in your own ego you are.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Vifam »

Oh yeah, RC why didn't you send a message? I completely forgot about that
ok
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Sorry for misreading you MoI, you actually played pretty well. I still maintain that you didn't really have enough info to meta me and that you may have been conf biased when you were doing it but, uh, I'm one to talk.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:58 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I have the confidence I do for a reason.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:13 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 2645, RadiantCowbells wrote:and don't say the votes on me were anything besides a policy lynch. the only one who gave 'actual' reasons was ragingspammers. infinity/Lane just implied that I could do no wrong as town.
You clearly didn't read anything I wrote. Selective reading doesn't help anyone.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:29 am

Post by lane0168 »

I think the rolecop should've gone on Ali hands down. Day 2 double voter when so many people had 2 parts to their roles... Seemed like an obvi half truth. I could've gotten Ali lynched, but it would've been hard to convince me Leon was scum.

I get what you're saying magna, I think if you pushed that harder I would've listened. I was certainly on board for sircakez.

Raging should've gotten lynched for the god awful play early day 3.like what the fuck. How did I ever get off that? There was nothing town about it

There was nothing policy about rc's lynch. It just makes him feel better to say that after having a shitty game. I want to lynch self voters. I want to lynch people that claim friendly neighbor but aren't. I want to lynch someone who power lynches the most town read person. I want to lynch a claimed messenger that doesn't send messages because they forgot. I want to lynch people who say "hey lane, you should be able to tell I'm town" your player name has nothing to do with it. Except for the power lynch part because that's what I remember if your scum games.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:33 am

I played great. It only took me 1 mislynch to catch the entire scumteam. I am fine with that moving forward.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:35 am

You can circlejerk about how great you are and how bad I am but the fact remains that I was the one who solved the game on Day 2 and you all aren't.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Vifam »

You know there's more to the game than just finding scum you also have to be a teamplayer and like work with others lol
ok
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:36 am

I work fine with others. This is a case of the others being entirely unwilling to work with me.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Vifam »

Your problem is you don't play to your wincon you play so you can have a cool highlight reel and be able to write how you pulled a sick gambit that caught all the scum single handedly, you don't wanna work with other players you just wanna feel like a super cool detective
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Vifam »

childish tbh
ok
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 2649, massive wrote:From the PM I sent to TTH last night:
Part of me wants to say "no action" and test Leonshade. That would suck for town if (a) I die or even if I don't (b) they won't have a doc shot the next night.

But honestly I can't give it to Lane again. If I die tonight I need someone who can protect Lane the next night. And if I don't die and someone else does, that would be Lane, so it would go unhelpful anyways.

And that means I'm like 50/50 to give it to scum ANYWAYS.
I also thought Flubber had screwed up his results so I didn't go back to Flubber. Had I realized what Flubber had done (ie, watched Lane two nights in a row) I might have rethought this (but I still don't know that it would have mattered).

Good to know I can do VCA to some degree. Sorry that I couldn't push that one through today, but I don't know that I would have come around on Leon either way. Leon you will have my ultimate paranoia forever. That's two games in a row where you've beaten me.
To be fair, I didn't have to do much in Smackdown after I got drafted over to your thread, I mostly just blended in while my buddies did the heavy lifting. But here I did put in a lot of effort.

Flubber wanting to be quiet about his second watch result got me to figure out that you had given lane the doc N2. Giving me the doc made planning N4 a bit easier, but realistically whoever got the doc would've just protected you and everyone else would've been open for the NK. If RS had gotten lynched instead of N_M, I probably would've shot Flubber, pushed for an Infinity mislynch and with three players left it wouldn't matter who has the doc. A no-lynch can always be followed by a no-kill, too.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:42 am

I work with people who try to work with me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:43 am

At no point in Lane or Infinity's ISO did they honestly try to sort me. They just wrote me off as scum for reasons that still don't make any sense to me. I was super unhelpful this game and am fine with it.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:44 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Lmao at the "only" person who tried to work with RC ended up being power lynched
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:45 am

Post by Vifam »

I can agree with that I guess idk

pretty cool game overall tho imo thanks TTH
ok
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:45 am

I am sorry Gin but if I hadn't been lynched day 2 this wouldn't have been a town loss and I think you can agree with me on that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:46 am

There's a point where I just want everyone to go fuck off. What I did this game was the alternative to me screaming at people until I got unvoted. At some point I get tired of screaming people and if people are going to lynch me for absolute bullshit I will take the loss and tell them to play better next time instead of ruining the game for everyone involved. I would think people should be happy that I chose that option.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:46 am

In post 2667, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am sorry Gin but if I hadn't been lynched day 2 this wouldn't have been a town loss and I think you can agree with me on that.
#DontUseMetaFromADifferentPlayerToScumReadADifferentPerson
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:48 am

RC, no one agrees that you were in the right here. If every game you're running into the situation, learn that there may be in fact a confliction in how you play and how to interact with others.

Ya need to work on that part even if it's frustrating to learn
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:49 am

And no, Massive. I am not a burden to town for anything that I do, other players burden themselves by choosing to play badly. It's not like I'm the one making bad decisions.
It's not like it's Town!RadiantCowbell's fault that my scumgame is as good as it is. Implying that this situation is my problem is really silly.
When people say that I handicap my town game for my scumgame what they really mean is that I DON'T handicap my scumgame for my towngame; which is perfectly reasonable except that it drops my town WR massively.
#DontUseMetaFromADifferentPlayerToScumReadADifferentPerson
If it makes you feel any better I was wanting to switch wagons at the end of the day but dealing with all the bullshit just killed my interest in doing so.
RC, no one agrees that you were in the right here. If every game you're running into the situation, learn that there may be in fact a confliction in how you play and how to interact with others.

Ya need to work on that part even if it's frustrating to learn
I don't get mislynched as town when my alt is unknown. I don't get mislynched as town in newbies with people who don't know me. Me being the only person with this PoV doesn't make me wrong.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:50 am

I 'naively understand' why people see it this way but that's because they don't have the self-awareness to understand how they're treating my slot differently than other slots.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:56 am

I invite you to try to see it from my point of view. In 2015 I was lynched like 3 times in the entire year and people 'recognized' my scum play but they also 'recogized' my town play which was also good after the first few months so I wasn't like typecast as anything except an aggressive player good at both alignments. In 2016+ when I had the banner people started forgetting that I was good at town and pretty much people only remembered that I was good at scum and I became basically guilty until proven innocent most of the time which makes it impossible to get things done; and as scum it's fine if I can't get stuff done because it limits me but I can still win. But as town I have the double decker slap in the face of being frequently mislynched on absolute fucking bullshit and also not being able to push wagons easily because everyone's scared that I'm scum pushing a mislynch. Made even more obnoxiously painful by the fact that hard pushing wagons and rapidly shifting them is my playstyle because I like getting reactions from wagons then shifting if I don't like them but now I can't push wagons as either alignment because everyone's paranoid about all of my votes and if I end up mislynching once wrongly I usually end up getting lynched for it. I ask you again: what do you expect ME to do differently to change the way that I get interacted with in games?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:58 am

Get rid of the title if it causes you so much trouble.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”