Mini 1875: Pine's Death Trap Post Game - Town win!

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:16 am

Post by Grendel »

@RC

In post 1195, Grendel wrote:Can anyone with previous experience with Transcend tell me which alignment he prefers playing as?

I promise this is relevant.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:46 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

scum.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:48 am

Post by nancy »

In post 514, Grendel wrote:I'm probably voting Gerry since I already had a mild suspicion on his slot.
Don't believe you ever answered JJD asking you why/how you had a mild suspicion on gerry.

In post 771, Grendel wrote:Would a Scum!Ruath be so ballzy as to utilize the strategy a scum Grendel employed in his last game with Ruath?
What does this mean?

likely comes from town!Grendel. His nagging paranoia mirrors my and Keyser's sentiments and that gives me townfeels for the slot. Most of Grendel's posts give off solid town tones but without being anything scum couldn't fake and 773 pushes me towards the former.

I don't see coming from scum.

Townlean on Grendel.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:50 am

I am gonna pull a Yume and just lurk until people stop pushing on my slot.

Not doing anything more of note until there's no votes on me or I have already been hammered.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:56 am

Post by nancy »

Don't worry, we don't need you.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by nancy »

is town!Akarin.

is town!Akarin or very smart scum. I don't get a drip of tonal deception here and what may look like defense is just aggression towards a bad read.

is too poorly written to not have any scumtells in it if Akarin were scum.

Scum doesn't mention Aslan in .

is probably town!Akarin because I think scum!Akarin would've been more sensitive to the associatives between the slots, unless Akarin is playing dumb / devil's advocate.

Can't say I'm a fan of the JJD vote, his read on matt being separate to a hypothetical scum flip on the slot doesn't seem as hard to grasp to me as Akarin has made it out to be, so I townlean this.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1191, Keyser Söze wrote:I'd take another angle... playing the Devil's Advocate, the problem is: RC's actions could fit the scum-narrative that Nancy has painted like a glove,
but RC could still be town who did all those anti-town/scummy things!
That's exactly the point you make in . RC's play is designed to WIFOM Town out of wanting to push a lynch on him. The questions to ask are: Which do you think is more likely, scum!RC or town!RC? If RC is Town, what do we gain and lose by keeping him around? If RC is scum, what do we gain and lose by keeping him around? If you can't fight your way through the WIFOM then all you have to rely on are the results of his actions. Town was completely fucked by him Day 1, not just because he pushed the cop to death but because he shut out discussion. Day 2 was nearly ended 8 days early.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by nancy »

I mean, if you can make an argument for town!RC that doesn't consist of.. well, he could just be playing fucking horribly as town this game, I'd love to hear it.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1202, nancy wrote:
In post 514, Grendel wrote:I'm probably voting Gerry since I already had a mild suspicion on his slot.
Don't believe you ever answered JJD asking you why/how you had a mild suspicion on gerry.
I did answer that:
In post 774, Grendel wrote:Ill answer this too
In post 591, JarJarDrinks wrote:
What do you mean by "already" ? Like you suspected him before RC started to push him? If so, what were u suspicious about?
My initial reasons were that he shut down the Mattblk wagon along with Viafam. He also discouraged people from developing early town reads, which is a scum tell on my home site.

I wanted to engage him and matt, before i voted, becuase i didn’t consider the above reasons to be enough for a serious vote.

Later i thought he was scum because of how he was handling my slot. I thought that he would be pushing me harder as town then he was, as well as how quickly he came to the conclusion i was town. It felt rushed and unnatural when i was a scum read of his for most the game.
In post 771, Grendel wrote:Would a Scum!Ruath be so ballzy as to utilize the strategy a scum Grendel employed in his last game with Ruath?
What does this mean?
THe first thing I did as scum when I subbed into the game that Ruath was playing in was narrow my lynch pool to the two most popular wagons.

The first thing Ruath did D2 was narrow his lynch pool down to Viafam, and Transcend. The two most scrutinized players going into D2.

Separate from that, but also notably bad was Ruath believing the RC is town, but was willing to lynch RC if the case put against him was "good enough".
Why not?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1200, Grendel wrote:
@RC

In post 1195, Grendel wrote:Can anyone with previous experience with Transcend tell me which alignment he prefers playing as?

I promise this is relevant.
Thank you.

This probably means that Transend is town here. He really didn't seemed too concerned, or worked up over the prospect of getting lynched. Not much more then a flippant, "lol I'm getting lynched?". The lack of care at the end is more likely to come from somebody who rolled the less preferred alignment, ei town in this instance.

Unless it turns out that Transend is always like this. I don't really have time to meta other games tho.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 1208, Grendel wrote:Separate from that, but also notably bad was Ruath believing the RC is town, but was willing to lynch RC if the case put against him was "good enough".
Why not?
Thanks for the explanation. I missed Rauth saying that, ouch.

Not from scum because you're basically soothing paranoia, which I don't think scum would be likely to do as freely as that. Scum generally want to fuck townblocs, not promote them. And if you're scum with Keyser here your skill level is too high to make an associative post like that likely.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1203, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am gonna pull a Yume and just lurk until people stop pushing on my slot.

Not doing anything more of note until there's no votes on me or I have already been hammered.
Why are you being so immature?

I'm disappointed with how you are perfectly content to trash a game then walk away once you get flack for it.

I mean, I actually came into this game with a pretty high opinion of you... :(
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Idk it's not just this game I just am having serious difficulties playing this game.

Transcend slot was prob town. You're town. Keyster is town. I'm town. I'm sorry that I fucked up the game with the cop lynch but I was not the one who actually quickhammered the town cop.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:26 pm

Akarin is town too. So that leaves 3/6 of

JarJarDrinks
Cooperative Sheep
LUV
Rautheredir
Vifam
Mattblack
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Idk like I'm sure I come across as petty and vindictive but I genuinely am finding it impossible to bring myself to get shit done atm.

This isn't haha i'm going to lurk fuck you all this is I can't think what else to do.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Grendel what are your reads in those 6 players?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1212, RadiantCowbells wrote:Idk it's not just this game I just am having serious difficulties playing this game.

Transcend slot was prob town. You're town. Keyster is town. I'm town. I'm sorry that I fucked up the game with the cop lynch but I was not the one who actually quickhammered the town cop.
Maybe I am overreacting.

I was worried that this was leading to a rage quit on your part. Which could of potienaly killed my investment with the game.

Pre edit

Out of those six?

Vifam

JarJarDrinks
Cooperative Sheep
LUV
Mattblack
Rautheredir

I haven't run any hypothetical scum teams. While I have some strong town reads, most of my other reads are shifting all over the place. Outside of Rauth, and Matt, I'm not really confidant. :neutral:
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 948, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't townread the slot but
Either RC is way worse that I thought at playing town (and for someone that sure loves to stroke his ego, and gloat on how great he is I find that hard to believe), or he's scum. Seriously the fact that RC played with me last game yet is calling me scum is laughable if he actually is town.
puts him no longer at the bottom of my scumpile.
Can you explain why this caused you to temporally take Matt out of your lynch pool?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:45 pm

Because I was already deciding between Rauth and MattBlack and idk they felt somewhat genuine. I don't townread it or him but it made other lynches better
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Grendel »

@JarJar

Spoiler:
In post 1175, JarJarDrinks wrote:
Keyser
- Town. Even if I didn't have meta w/ him, I'd say he's playing an incredibly pro-town game. Meta seals it. This is his town play.

Cooperative Sheep
- Town. Doesn't have that many posts but the ones that do are full of good content. Makes alot of good points that I agree w/ and is solidly scumhunting.

mattblackguy
- townlean. He had a good explaination for what I thought was scummy and he's pushing RC.

Nancy
- townlean. Her posts so far have been good enough to negate my bad feelings about transcend.

Lil Uzi Vert
- Null. Need more content. I've had trouble reading Uzi in the past and he hasn't posted nearly enough for me to get any type of real read

Grendel
- null slightly scummy. Grendel doesn't seem to say or do much. There's nothing overtly scummy but I get the impression he's being extra carefull w/ his posts.

Akarin
- slight scumlean. I feel like alot of her questions directed @ me are designed to get me to scumread Matt and/or townread RC. Agree w/ her vif and rauth reads though.

Rautherdir
- scum. Just playing the noob card way too hard. So many LAMIST posts.

Vifam
- Scum. Have already posted about how he tried to imply that one of RC/Gerry was scum and then backtracked. The derphammer is self-explanatorily bad.

RadiantCowbells
- Obvious Scum. Reasons already posted.

How would your reads transition depending on what RC flipped?

Like "If RC is town then x", "If RC scum then y"?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Ok so if I wasn't in some sort of funk here's what I'd do, in order.

1) JJD has made a lot of content and is probably one of the easiest to read of the remainders. Hard read his slot and see if I can write him as town or scum.
2) Look at MBG/JJD associatives. There was that interesting situation around MBG's entry to the day which I also scumread. See if I can write that off as not SVS.
3) Sheep is doing something I believe to be a major scumtell for them but I can't tell if it's because of the alt thing. Reread their slot.
4) Force content out of Lil Uzi Vert. Hardread it.
5) Reread both Rautherdir and MBG and see if either of them specifically call to me as a better lynch.
6) Lynch whoever my top scumread after all of the above has been done.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:57 pm

I actually dislike JJD more than I did prior to this reread. Idk. I don't want to describe his push on me as forced but it kind of is. And the way he keeps trying to get Keyser to join him feels kinda dirty.

Keyser, is this kind of thing the usual in games that you're both in? Because if this isn't like a normal thing then it feels really slimy and manipulative here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Not sure if I mentioned it but MBG just got rolled by RC!Scum last game. I lied about shit and blatantly so in that game. I have a feeling that if he were town he would have jumped on me harder? Idk.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Actually that point about JJD feels really out of place. Him dumbing down the game to 'OMG KEYSTER HE'S DOING THE SAME THING AS HE DID IN 192' feels really discordant from what I know about him as a player.
Like it feels like a scum talking point. 'YO HE DID THIS SAME THING 192!!!' It doesn't feel as much like a real thought process given that there's no depth to it nor comparison to the situation in the other game?
I'm getting the impression that the decision to push on me wasn't made based on evidence it's just a thing he has that he has to push as best as he can.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Like... sure I'm doing the same thing. But I wasn't actually fakeclaiming cop in that game and do you really think I would do the exact same thing as I did in that one game a long time ago for some reason?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”