Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:39 am

Post by Creature »

tbh I chose to vote SlickDinger over drealmerz7 because my intention was to pressure him, while I am already confident in drealmerz7's alignment.
Sigh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:24 am

Post by Alisae »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691027#p8691027]post 1095[/url], Human Sequencer wrote:Yknow I really gotta disagree with you there, Wraith. We have oodles of information to comb over already, and every fucking scumread I have disappears into 'eh kinda null'. Alisae is doing this now as I iso her, despite her still being a valid lynch in my eyes. Large games are fucking hard and I need to learn how to adapt to them.

How many scum is there reasonable to be in this game? 19p, probably like 5 scum, assuming singleball? I know from the spec earlier that 9 is asinine, but I know nothing about gamebalance. I just wanna know if I should be worried about not having many scumreads at this point. The only other 'large' game I've played in only had 17 players, one who was a non-issue, and even that was enough to confuse my reads. There was only 3 scum in that game, but the setup was different there so eh.

The less scum there are the more confident I am in cycling through lurker slots. Unreadable slots with no posts are much better to get rid of early or force-replace out before the thread becomes too big rather than have sitting around as a liability later in the game.

RB tells me Dreamer is scum, and he's lurky as fuck, so I'm fine sheeping that.
Mod confirmed town RB seems like an automatic town win tbh.
VOTE: Dreamer

Alisae is kinda weird. I get a lot of 'well this is obvtown' from her, and a lot of 'well this is obvscum' from her, and everything inbetween.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with a utility lynch at this point in the game. Crucify me.
No one here knows my scumgame. Just FYI. Not even I know my scumgame.
What you judge as "obvscum" is either based on meta that doesn't exist or tells.
What are the tells.
GTKAS
| here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

No.

Motivation and personality.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:28 am

Post by -Grey- »

UNVOTE:

Meh. While I figure it out.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:30 am

Post by Alisae »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691065#p8691065]post 1097[/url], Wraith wrote:
So the tl;dr gist is:

1. Alisae town- or scumreads players for extremely shallow and arbitrary reasons or for reasons she fails to adequately explain.
2. Alisae's vote changes practically every hour, primarily jumping on the most popular bandwagon of the moment.
3. Therefore, Alisae is not genuinely scumhunting or trying to contribute, and both her reads and votes both lack any sort of conviction or depth as a result. My conclusion is that she is scum trying to appear to be active and scumhunting but trying to blend into the background of wagons to conveniently shift off blame later.
1. Have you ever thought of asking me to go more indepth on my reasoning instead of just saying I'm scum for it?
2. Yeah I have a lot of scumreads. Is it scummy to be voting for them?
3. If you're expecting content heavy posts from me, then you are forgetting one thing:
I'm Alisae.
Of course, you wouldn't know that because you never played a game with me now would you?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Post by Alisae »

I rather just simply my arguements on people to be super short for rhetoric reasons.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Alisae »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691127#p8691127]post 1100[/url], Creature wrote:tbh I chose to vote SlickDinger over drealmerz7 because my intention was to pressure him, while I am already confident in drealmerz7's alignment.
Can't put my finger on it,
but I do not like this post.
GTKAS
| here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:33 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1100, Creature wrote:tbh I chose to vote SlickDinger over drealmerz7 because my intention was to pressure him, while I am already confident in drealmerz7's alignment.
Are you confident he's scum because of his catch-up post? I barely understood a word of it.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:35 am

Post by Creature »

Nah, I'm confident that if he were town, he would be one of the top posters.
Sigh
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:37 am

Post by Alisae »

Wraith think of it this way. I asked for a tl;dr because the way you present your arguments makes it super hard to grab without it. This is why I don't like wall posts; they lack an argument that you can easily just grab.
GTKAS
| here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Didn't you use to wall in your first couple of Newbie games?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:40 am

Post by Alisae »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691301#p8691301]post 1110[/url], Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Didn't you use to wall in your first couple of Newbie games?
lol couple. I only finished 1 newbie.
You mean my very first game? Yeah but then Tywin Lannister happened and TierShift was like "Walls are bad."
GTKAS
| here.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Wraith »

Alisae wrote:Have you ever thought of asking me to go more indepth on my reasoning instead of just saying I'm scum for it?
Why do I have to ask for it? Why are you not just saying it?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Creature »

In post 1110, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Didn't you use to wall in your first couple of Newbie games?
Everybody walls at their first newbie game, then they realise walling looks stupid and most of the time useless, some do continue though.
Sigh
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1111, Alisae wrote:
In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691301#p8691301]post 1110[/url], Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Didn't you use to wall in your first couple of Newbie games?
You mean my very first game? Yeah but then Tywin Lannister happened and TierShift was like "Walls are bad."
Swear it feels like you completed 10 :lol:

I don't mind walls as long as they're well formatted. No one seems to do that anymore though.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Alisae »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691308#p8691308]post 1112[/url], Wraith wrote:
Alisae wrote:Have you ever thought of asking me to go more indepth on my reasoning instead of just saying I'm scum for it?
To understand my reasoning a bit more. Unless you're scum and you don't care about that stuff.
Plus it's not my duty to prove to you that I am town. It's my duty to hunt, find, and lynch scum.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Alisae »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691311#p8691311]post 1114[/url], Lil Uzi Vert wrote:

I don't mind walls as long as they're well formatted. No one seems to do that anymore though.
Reported to the cyber police. Say good bye to your account. Cuz you're about to get fuccin beaned.
GTKAS
| here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1116, Alisae wrote:
In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691311#p8691311]post 1114[/url], Lil Uzi Vert wrote:

Reported to the cyber police. Say good bye to your account. Cuz you're about to get fuccin beaned.
Hey, blame mastin2. I really like how she does her walls :P
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Alisae »

In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691334#p8691334]post 1117[/url], Lil Uzi Vert wrote:

And you think I care about the walls part of this conversation?
God you're dense.
GTKAS
| here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:50 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1118, Alisae wrote:
In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691334#p8691334]post 1117[/url], Lil Uzi Vert wrote:

And you think I care about the walls part of this conversation?
God you're dense.
:cry:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:53 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Wraith:
Could you explain how you got your read on Grey? I don't remember him being a voice of reason so I'd like to know how you got that conclusion.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:58 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Actually feel like Grey has been a little quiet which I find odd, its that or I haven't paid much attention to him.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:59 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 1115, Alisae wrote:
In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691308#p8691308]post 1112[/url], Wraith wrote:
To understand my reasoning a bit more. Unless you're scum and you don't care about that stuff.
Plus it's not my duty to prove to you that I am town. It's my duty to hunt, find, and lynch scum.
WTF kind of response is this?

My point is if you are actually trying to scumhunt then you should be posting detailed explanations for your reads with context anyways, without anyone having to ask.

I'm not saying you have to post massive walls of quotes and text. That can be done badly to the point it gets ignored (cough dreal cough).

It's the difference between
Grey wrote: I scumread Wraith because his post finding rb scummy for apparently scumslipping multiball while also simultaneously being skeptical of this being a multiball setup. Therefore, I'm voting to lynch him.
and
Alisae wrote: I townread Debi for being a VI. I scumread Wraith and Ircher for pushing a lynch on a VI.
The difference is that Grey's reasoning for scumreading me comes from a logical thought process that is clearly explained; you have decided Debi is a VI for arbitrary reasons you fail to elaborate upon and then scumread players based on that initial unexplained, arbitrary conclusion.

And that's just one example of fake scumhunting out of several so far already. And you're trying to paint ME as the bad guy for finding you scummy for this crap?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 1120, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
@Wraith:
Could you explain how you got your read on Grey? I don't remember him being a voice of reason so I'd like to know how you got that conclusion.
tl;dr He's coming to conclusions based off a clearly explained, visible thought process. Also just general goodposting.

Spoiler: Quote Wall
In post 308, -Grey- wrote:
In post 106, Ircher wrote: And, the reason for this totally useless nonsense is _____?

4-5 scum is a more logical coonclusion for the scum ratio. 9 scum in a 19p NORMAL game has probably a 1 in a Million chance AT BEST. (Most likely, there is a 0 zero chance of that happening cuz that makes Day 1 LyLo and could still screw town w/ a perfect game if it's multiball)

4/19 * 3/18 = 12 / (152 + 190) = 12 / 342 = 4 / 114 = 2 / 57 or <4% chance.
VOTE: Debi
Bad vote is bad.

Scum isn't going to deliberately post terrible numbers that can't possibly be true because it'll simply be corrected immediately. It gains them nothing.

Debi's terribad theorycraft is NAI.
In post 322, -Grey- wrote:
In post 119, Wraith wrote:I agree. Assuming 9 scum right off the bat implies foreknowledge of the setup
Welcome to my scum pile.
In post 385, -Grey- wrote:
In post 239, Alisae wrote:
In post 237, EchoVision wrote:
In post 232, Alisae wrote:Echo are you saying it's not a slip in this case?
What's not a slip, what debi said about the 10:9 or whatever? Nah, that was just human error. Just her trying to prove her point. I've done the same kind of thing before. No scuminess behind it.
You got my vote then
VOTE: Wraith
So, is this a sheep vote or are you voting a scumread?

The lack of clarity in your posting is what has me happy to lynch you.

Well, that and the fluffing, and buddying, of course.
lol I didn't even notice this one my first time around
In post 395, -Grey- wrote:
In post 309, rb wrote:
In post 307, rb wrote:
In post 287, Alisae wrote:Also I can't decide if RB is town or scum.

On one hand he could be trying to derail the Wraith wagon by attacking two of the people that are on it.
On the other hand, would scum really do a push so bad on both me an Gin?
this bad push is going to have you both lynched on days 1 and 2 respectively
and if you wanna just tell me your other scumbuddy now that's fine too
Clarify this for me rb, are you saying there are only three scum? In a 19p game?
Wrong in hindsight but logical at the time.
In post 418, -Grey- wrote:
In post 409, Alisae wrote:Final reads before I go take a shower, go to sleep, and then wake up to find out that I got lynched.

Town: rb, Grey, Uzi, Gin, Pine, Echo, Debi, Zach
Scum: Kyouko, Creature, Wraith, Dunn, and maybe Ircher
Null: Everyone else.
I'd be interested in reading all about how your content resulted in all these reads.

Teach me, Yoda.
In post 453, -Grey- wrote:
In post 450, Alisae wrote:I also had the fact that Echo was annoyed that he missed 7 pages was a townslip. Seemed like genuine frustration to me.
You think scum is incapable of being frustrated?

You think town would be bent over 7 pages, which can be covered in less than ten minutes?

Idk, seems null to me.
In post 622, -Grey- wrote:
In post 621, Wraith wrote: I did a skim of RB's ISO an hour or so ago and definitely agree with Grey that this:
In post 309, rb wrote:
In post 307, rb wrote:
In post 287, Alisae wrote:Also I can't decide if RB is town or scum.

On one hand he could be trying to derail the Wraith wagon by attacking two of the people that are on it.
On the other hand, would scum really do a push so bad on both me an Gin?
this bad push is going to have you both lynched on days 1 and 2 respectively
and if you wanna just tell me your other scumbuddy now that's fine too
Legit looks like a scumslip.

That said, I'm rather skeptical this game is multiball. I speculated possible multiball earlier because Debi's absurd hypothetical scenario could only be multiball, and it legit felt like a slip itself. But in hindsight now I definitely think I read way too much into some rather noob-y early hypothesizing.

But I'm skeptical that this would be a multiball game because 19 seems like too small a total for that. I figured multiball games would pretty much
have
to be in the 20+-player range. Then again, this is only my second real large game since returning to playing games after 5 years, so I'm potentially just out of touch here with how game size meta has changed.

So I'm pretty heavily leaning toward joining the RB wagon when I get home and have a chance to get through that re-read.
Uh?

The only way rb slipped is if the game IS multiball, so saying you think it's a slip but also saying you don't believe the game is multiball doesn't add up.

VOTE: Wraith
In post 671, -Grey- wrote:
In post 662, rb wrote:
In post 599, Ircher wrote:
In post 553, rb wrote:Scummy is scummy
But scummy != scum.

Your point?
Oh ikay so we don't lynch scummy players in this game we lynch towny ones?

Yeah nice
False dichotomy.
In post 824, -Grey- wrote:
In post 822, Alisae wrote:
In post 821, Zachstralkita wrote:I didn't intend to promote a wagon, he has a cat in his avatar and we should spare him for now

we have rbs and Pines to lynch
I want to lynch Pine too, don't get me wrong, but why are you against a pressure wagon?
Admitting is a pressure wagon defeats the purpose of having it.
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I have no clue what's happening
but SD and Ali knida feel scummy
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”